Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637860 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
Maybe I walk into a room with many people and someone chooses that time to shout my name as a person who doesn't like drawing people's attention why should I answer the person?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
Evening
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
Fuckkkkk!

I normally have no problems with my very introverted personalities but this was one of those days mehn.

Have you ever entered into your guy's room only to realise there are 5 girls there gisting and laughing but you can't even say hi!. When you try to talk they are surprised cos you are always calmly minding your business aka ARROGANT.

Even when you're in a circle talking, everyone treats you like you're not there, and people always stereotype and assume the worst about you like arrogant, dumb, bland,timid, stupid and unintelligent! These are people that you probably know more than all of them in that room combined.

Phewww! I am steaming.

It seems I need to meditate.
Damn life

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
iamnlia:
Fuckkkkk!

I normally have no problems with my very introverted personalities but this was one of those days mehn.

Have you ever entered into your guy's room only to realise there are 5 girls there gisting and laughing but you can't even say hi!. When you try to talk they are surprised cos you are always calmly minding your business aka ARROGANT.

Even when you're in a circle talking, everyone treats you like you're not there, and people always stereotype and assume the worst about you like arrogant, dumb, bland,timid, stupid and unintelligent! These are people that you probably know more than all of them in that room combined.

Phewww! I am steaming.

Damn life

The 2 cans of bullet in front of me may do it, I need to forget I ever lived.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
iamnlia:
Fuckkkkk!

Phewww! I am steaming.

Damn life

Here too. It seems whenever girls enter the equation, things get a bit worse. Especially when you get to occupy a seat.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
iamnlia:

The 2 cans of bullet in front of me may do it, I need to forget I ever lived.

never tasted bullet. How does it taste/work? Sometimes I need a drink I could just gulp down a cup of it and forget shìt never happened
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
DonOms:

As Melsan told you, "hail them back." Fine we are introverts, but it's not like we can't talk now...haba...
If some guy shouts out to you saying, "how far Wane2?" Just simply say to them, "Baba, I dey kampe o. How every?"
And if you don't feel like having a conversation, then don't ask any questions and simply say, "Baba, I dey o. I appreciate. Enjoy."

Now that's simple as A.B.C. grin and even the most introverted human can pull that off.

I love this! , It might seem awkward at first, but with time, you'll get comfortable. You don't always have to wait for the guys in your hood to hail first, you can initiate it .

Use terms like "Bros your boy is loyal", "Chairman how far? " etc

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 12:35am On Nov 03, 2017
Hmmm that one is a state fixed by nature it's self in most of the introverts around(safe for very few higly intelligent ones like my boss a Snr officer in the NA .
Melsan:
Sometimes,I question my introverted nature. lipsrsealed Thanks for the piece@ DonOms. I can relate with the long pause on phone. sad
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 12:52am On Nov 03, 2017
Hahahahaha hear bros o! Who told u most intros can relate with such? What about the tempo?thats what makes most of the introverts lost like confused.knowing 'what manner and tempo' to reply such kind of salutations back!now see my own case,i have lots of guys around my biz area,very sociable guys and very'streety' too(if u know what I mean)they come across u on d way and give a 'heavens shout'!!!to me....as for me I do not respond at their tempo, lest I begin to sound and look like them!. I am in the clergy series...I simply reply'hi, God bless you sir, bro, I am fine thank you'! Tomorrow they won't go ' shouting like d host of heavens'like dat in a such an embarrassing manner!.[that might sound embarrassing back at them but it simply mean I gave them a warning signal that ' I love it done quietly and NOT like a street man'!(lol)no mind my pastoral way of response pls)quote author=DonOms post=62014718

As Melsan told you, "hail them back." Fine we are introverts, but it's not like we can't talk now...haba...
If some guy shouts out to you saying, "how far Wane2?" Just simply say to them, "Baba, I dey kampe o. How every?"
And if you don't feel like having a conversation, then don't ask any questions and simply say, "Baba, I dey o. I appreciate. Enjoy."

Now that's simple as A.B.C. grin and even the most introverted human can pull that off.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 1:26am On Nov 03, 2017
Hmmm I realise that for most intros sef they like keeping it calm and cool in every scenario,i wanna relate with your situation here,but you see,certain 'attitudes for response' are very mandatory else, one is seen in a very bad light.Some one greets you 'good morning ' and you say because u be introvert or you dey vex,you chose to return the gesture with a nod or quietness?!!haba that's award and bizarre In the society na. Now that's aside bro wane.I for one truely don't like been heard by outsiders during my conversations thus, 'no shouting or loud talk.i have a lecturer friend, I like him alot,very very intelligent and exposed ,i am yet to see a vast read teacher like him in our institution.but do you know I usually pray he dosent show up at my end?,anytime he shows up at my office or house,...na 'shouting like choir leader' session until he leaves o!every neighbor around will know 'the doc has come to see his pastor'!i use to be ashamed of his high ptiched voice and intonation but I am a kinda getting wired along...so you see my own trouble.what I always do whenever he's around is to maintain my low voice talk while he keeps his own at the highest ebb possible to him.but do you know I have never told him I don't like that? It would sound very embarrassing so I chose to manage along and always resort to praying he dosent show up anytime I am around.so simply put,whenever the young men around hail you 'the way they hailed Jesus in jerusalem trying to make him king'! Just calmly and respectfully(with smiles on your face)raise up your hands and wave back at them in such a manner that signifies'thanks,' I appreciate,but I love it quietlty done'!!...I tel you they will all read between the lines and gradually reduce the tempo at which they hail you.I for one don't like been hailed,i like greetings been done nicelyand calmly.i am sure it has to do with your age range,not to worry, with time they will get use to your quiet style of greeting. The basic thing here is that anytime some one hails at you, it is expected of you to show some decorum while responding even if atimes it seem as if you are not in the mood,(no body send u o!)so you need to understand that most times sir.honestly lots of people hail me all the time but I truely don't appreciate any of such hailings,i prefer 'simple and mature' way of greeting,i term most of this hailings as been embarrasive (that's my opinion though)
Wane2:
There are certain scenarios where it's hard for me to reply to people

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 1:40am On Nov 03, 2017
You don't need to get vulgar on a public forum young man,most people giving advice here are way older and can relate with whatever challenges you may be passing through
iamnlia:
Fuckkkkk!

Phewww! I am steaming.

Damn life

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:53am On Nov 03, 2017
What is the furthest you've done to avoid people?

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:56am On Nov 03, 2017
Being an introvert could be behind your lack of energy. According to a recent study, introverts are more likely to suffer from a poor night’s sleep than extroverts.

The researchers asked adults to complete a personality test before answering survey questions about their sleeping habits.

They found extroverts are 17.7% more satisfied with their levels of energy during the day than introverts.

What’s more, the results indicated introverts have nightmares more often than their extraverted counterparts and are more likely to fall asleep during the day.

The research was conducted by a team of researchers working on behalf of bed company Best Mattress Brand.

For the study, the researchers asked 1,000 people to complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality test.

The test is designed to reveal the characteristics of someone’s personality and as part of the results, a person is told whether they are an extrovert or introvert.

Under the test, extroversion and introversion are represented on a scale, but broadly speaking, extroverts prefer to focus on the outer world and take their energy from interaction with others, while introverts prefer to focus on their internal world and draw energy from quiet time alone.

After they were given a personality type, the researchers asked participants to share information about their sleeping patterns, levels of alertness and dreams.

Their results suggest extroverts are 17.7% more satisfied with their levels of energy during waking hours than introverts.

In addition, extroverts are 6.5.% more satisfied with their ability to sleep through the night than their introverted counterparts.

In comparison, introverts are also 14.8% less satisfied with the amount they feel alert during waking hours than extroverts.

These experiences may be related to the types of dreams that we have.

According to the data, extroverts have nightmares 8.3% less often than introverts. They are dream about their teeth falling out 14.2% less often and dream about punching something with no effect 14% less than introverts.

At the other end of the scale, the study found extroverts dream about traveling 13.9% more often than introverts.

With introverts struggling to have a restful night’s sleep, it appears many find it hard to keep their eyes open during the day.

Introverts are apparently 7.7% more likely to fall asleep when trying to stay awake than extroverts, which doesn’t bode well for those Monday morning meetings.

The study did not delve into why these patterns may appear, but simply looked at the key statistics for each personality group.

But whether you’re an introvert, an extrovert, or somewhere close to the middle of the scale, poor sleep doesn’t have to be a fact of life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-being-an-introvert-could-affect-your-sleep_uk_59edc56ae4b0958c4683145c

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2017
Wane2:
Maybe I walk into a room with many people and someone chooses that time to shout my name as a person who doesn't like drawing people's attention why should I answer the person?

You keep raising the issue "why." Like I mentioned to you earlier, we must do some things because they are just right and polite not because we see sense in them. I don't mean we have to do things that go against our values and beliefs, but responding to a greeting is just simple emotional intelligence. How would you feel if you greet someone and they don't respond? I guess 'not good.'
This answers why you should greet that person that puts you at the centre of attention.

As for how to answer, that's the simplest. If someone calls you in a crowded place and focuses others' attention on you, it can be awkward for almost all introverts (I don't like it either) but you can simply answer by giving a "thumb's up" sign or salute him like a soldier....you don't even have to say any word...just smile small sha.

We know how difficult extroverts find relating with us but it's our nature and they adjust to it. So these little things like greeting is just one of the ways to adjust - and it doesn't even affect your introversion in any way as it's always momentary anyway.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:33am On Nov 03, 2017
Olarewajub:

I love this! , It might seem awkward at first, but with time, you'll get comfortable. You don't always have to wait for the guys in your hood to hail first, you can initiate it .

Use terms like "Bros your boy is loyal", "Chairman how far? " etc

Exactly! That's what I do sometimes. I don't even have to wait for a chat. I just bow my head and say things like "I remain humble" or "eku enjoyment" while I keep walking.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2017
Olarewajub:
Being an introvert could be behind your lack of energy. According to a recent study, introverts are more likely to suffer from a poor night’s sleep than extroverts.
-----------
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-being-an-introvert-could-affect-your-sleep_uk_59edc56ae4b0958c4683145c

This study is really interesting. Although I have read and believed the lack of energy sometimes may be due to depressive states of mind and not introversion. Although the study didn't investigate why the patterns may appear though.

I don't have nightmares though..lol... But I do sometimes feel less satisfied at my level of energy during the day though I never really feel the urge to sleep during the day.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:46am On Nov 03, 2017
gidjah:
Hahahahaha hear bros o! Who told u most intros can relate with such? What about the tempo?thats what makes most of the introverts lost like confused.knowing 'what manner and tempo' to reply such kind of salutations back!now see my own case,i have lots of guys around my biz area,very sociable guys and very'streety' too(if u know what I mean)they come across u on d way and give a 'heavens shout'!!!to me....as for me I do not respond at their tempo, lest I begin to sound and look like them!. I am in the clergy series...I simply reply'hi, God bless you sir, bro, I am fine thank you'! Tomorrow they won't go ' shouting like d host of heavens'like dat in a such an embarrassing manner!.[that might sound embarrassing back at them but it simply mean I gave them a warning signal that ' I love it done quietly and NOT like a street man'!(lol)no mind my pastoral way of response pls).

It's not so much about the tone or language or tempo of response actually. I know many people are not comfortable with certain languages. I for one do not like slangs and curse-words. The idea is just to respond anyway and do it in a manner that is polite. Even the example of your response won't be embarrassing to them, they will just say things like "Pastor sef" in their minds..lol.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 7:52am On Nov 03, 2017
iNewton:
Evening all,am not really new to this lounge,just a ghost reader.
As an introvert how do I become charismatic?(talking about my interaction with my mates and people who are a little bit older than me)

This comes with improved practice and also learning. You just have to learn things like mannerisms, body language and public speaking. Don't let it look like work, it can be as simple as studying people give speeches on TV and all. I personally learned quite a lot watching Obama speak on TV. It's as simple as that.

Another important thing is that you should always update yourself. When you are well informed, it's easier to talk on diverse issues and also become confident about things you're talking about at any time.

Lastly, learn emotional intelligence. This is by far the biggest tool to be a charismatic person, especially as a leader. When you are genuinely concerned about the emotions of others, they are easily attracted to you.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 03, 2017
DonOms:

This comes with improved practice and also learning. You just have to learn things like mannerisms, body language and public speaking. Don't let it look like work, it can be as simple as studying people give speeches on TV and all. I personally learned quite a lot watching Obama speak on TV. It's as simple as that.

Another important thing is that you should always update yourself. When you are well informed, it's easier to talk on diverse issues and also become confident about things you're talking about at any time.

Lastly, learn emotional intelligence. This is by far the biggest tool to be a charismatic person, especially as a leader. When you are genuinely concerned about the emotions of others, they are easily attracted to you.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:48am On Nov 03, 2017
Yea yea you are pretty correct,but you know,the young men of this days won't get it that way,the way most of them display this introvert nature can be very worrying o,if you have a very young person of age range 14-22 around you with this introverted nature, you will be so embarrassed with the way 'they mostly behave.they hardly greet people around,they relate poorly, imagine a young man rammed in to an adult at the gate of our estate last time and he couldn't even say'sorry sir',instead he plugged in his ear piece and zoomed off!,i had to help him plead with the old man at the gate to pardon and ignore him.got a first class still-in sch boy here from uni zik,though very brilliant,but he isn't intelligent the least.his sense of relation in the neighborhood bno be here,i have tried bringing him close, lecture,counsel and what have you but this lad wil hardly moderate,once he wakes up and plugs in his earpiece,no one matters to him again till noon when his parents return.i for a person understands his kind of temperament but I also hope all the other neighbors around relates with such character too.i have also noticed that few adults behave this way too.
DonOms:

It's not so much about the tone or language or tempo of response actually. I know many people are not comfortable with certain languages. I for one do not like slangs and curse-words. The idea is just to respond anyway and do it in a manner that is polite. Even the example of your response won't be embarrassing to them, they will just say things like "Pastor sef" in their minds..lol.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=gidjah post=62029174]Yea yea you are pretty correct,but you know,the young men of this days won't get it that way,the way most of them display this introvert nature can be very worrying o,if you have a very young person of age range 14-22 around you with this introverted nature, you will be so embarrassed with the way 'they mostly behave.they hardly greet people around,they relate poorly, imagine a young man rammed in to an adult at the gate of our estate last time and he couldn't even say'sorry sir',instead he plugged in his ear piece and zoomed off!,i had to help him plead with the old man at the gate to pardon and ignore him.got a first class still-in sch boy here from uni zik,though very brilliant,but he isn't intelligent the least.his sense of relation in the neighborhood bno be here,i have tried bringing him close, lecture,counsel and what have you but this lad wil hardly moderate,once he wakes up and plugs in his earpiece,no one matters to him again till noon when his parents return.i for
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
Olarewajub:
wait for them to walk away, before I step out

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wane2: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
You've all given me insight on this situation thanks to all who replied me smiley smiley smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
Wane2:

You have too Bro... those type of relationships might seem worthless but it'll help you in the long run and it helps dispel any negative vibes they might secretly have against you..... "i dey alright mehn, fit show your side later" ain't a bad reply cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
damn, was late...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Olarewajub:

The researchers asked adults to complete a personality test before answering survey questions about their sleeping habits.

They found extroverts are 17.7% more satisfied with their levels of energy during the day than introverts.

What’s more, the results indicated introverts have nightmares more often than their extraverted counterparts and are more likely to fall asleep during the day.

The research was conducted by a team of researchers working on behalf of bed company Best Mattress Brand.

For the study, the researchers asked 1,000 people to complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality test.

The test is designed to reveal the characteristics of someone’s personality and as part of the results, a person is told whether they are an extrovert or introvert.

Under the test, extroversion and introversion are represented on a scale, but broadly speaking, extroverts prefer to focus on the outer world and take their energy from interaction with others, while introverts prefer to focus on their internal world and draw energy from quiet time alone.

After they were given a personality type, the researchers asked participants to share information about their sleeping patterns, levels of alertness and dreams.

Their results suggest extroverts are 17.7% more satisfied with their levels of energy during waking hours than introverts.

In addition, extroverts are 6.5.% more satisfied with their ability to sleep through the night than their introverted counterparts.

In comparison, introverts are also 14.8% less satisfied with the amount they feel alert during waking hours than extroverts.

These experiences may be related to the types of dreams that we have.

According to the data, extroverts have nightmares 8.3% less often than introverts. They are dream about their teeth falling out 14.2% less often and dream about punching something with no effect 14% less than introverts.

At the other end of the scale, the study found extroverts dream about traveling 13.9% more often than introverts.

With introverts struggling to have a restful night’s sleep, it appears many find it hard to keep their eyes open during the day.

Introverts are apparently 7.7% more likely to fall asleep when trying to stay awake than extroverts, which doesn’t bode well for those Monday morning meetings.

The study did not delve into why these patterns may appear, but simply looked at the key statistics for each personality group.

But whether you’re an introvert, an extrovert, or somewhere close to the middle of the scale, poor sleep doesn’t have to be a fact of life.

Won't really say nightmares... more like a replay of what i think of mostly before i sleep....

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Won't really say nightmares... more like a replay of what i think of mostly before i sleep....
I really don't get the write up.. Can you pls explain better?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Are introverts biased in choice of friendship?
From my experience, I think introverts are quick to make friends those who look approachable and also fits their ideal conception of a person. Friends ought to provide a form of security and this is possible only with those we feel confident about.

From discussions here, it is typical of introverts to find it difficult to make friends especially with the opposite sex. The disadvantage with this process is the tendency to have friends who are almost like you or fits the ideal personality which tend to restrict your community of friends.

To make friends should not be difficult it you are interested. Make yourself approachable, smile at people and be willing to help when approached. Introversion is a default process hence be willing to stretch yourself sometimes so as get ahead in every area of your life.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
Wane2:
Lol
Same here
Mine also is that at times I won't be able to speak fluently
I may be discussing with someone at a point I will just find it hard to say a particular word
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
Wane2:
Just smile and wave them
You can say bros good day or babe whatssup depending on the gender
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
iNewton:
Evening all,am not really new to this lounge,just a ghost reader.
As an introvert how do I become charismatic?(talking about my interaction with my mates and people who are a little bit older than me)
First start by greeting people around you
Like Good morning/afternoon/evening
From there you will see a opppourtunity to communicate
Please don't rush it,its a gradual process
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
Olarewajub:
Pretending that I'm receiving a call

Was trying to hide from someone at a time, was moving to the back of a pillar I was standing close to. Surprising and embarrassing the person saw me and call me Precious
I was just dumbfounded. I acted like I didn't see him in the first place

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.