Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

How To Achieve Better Communication Skills - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Achieve Better Communication Skills (23312 Views)

Sexual Communication: Easier Said Than Done - How Can You Tell Your Partner? / Help A Nairalander Achieve His Educational Dreams / Open Communication In Marriage, A Plus Or Minus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by LarrySun(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Karleb:

Pervert!! angry
I'm not sure you know the meaning of the word you typed. Maybe you don't understand my post.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

Okay. How do you handle conflict? Are you a communicator or are you a "my way or the highway" kind of guy?
I handle conflict based on my understanding of the people involved and ability to relate with them on normal ground. I am not really a public figure, so I don't do much communications.

Bwahaha... on 'highway kind of guy'. My ribs hurt for laughing loud. What is that though?
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Lanceslot(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
CFCfan:
I'm sure it was effective grin
There is no way that's gona be effective, seducing a man when he's very angry is like wanting to be raped.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by siegfried99(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Click like if u love this thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
all4naija:
I handle conflict based on my understanding of the people involved and ability to relate with them on normal ground. I am not really a public figure, so I don't much communications.

Bwahaha... on 'highway kind of guy'. My ribs hurt for laughing loud. What is that though?

"It's my way or the Highway" means we do things my way or get out.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by seagullbabz(m): 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

What do you think? Effective communication tool or not? cheesy

Hehehehe...lol...well I haven't experienced such...but I guess I wld calm down....
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by OMA4U(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

Sometimes acknowledgement and affection is all we need.

Lol. He is kidding. He's not a bad guy.

A good rule is to count to at least 3 before replying in any heated discussion. Always choose your words carefully.

Time-outs are not just for kids. It's never a good idea to confront a loved one when we are angry. We say things we don't mean and regret later when we do.
True talk, Texa. It can be very remorseful.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

"It's my way or the Highway" means we do things my way or get out.
Oh I see! No, I am not.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by ogaofficer(m): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
kennygee: The biggest problem with communication is that we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply.
Emphatic listening. . . . Stephen covey
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Funpeter: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

@ the bolded

Thanks for catching that. Those who think I'm man bashing, I am not. It is a true story. The names have been changed. That's all. The mans behavior was not typical. Esther knew something was wrong. I could also give examples where Kunle was the one to defuse a situation.

Because Esther and Kunle think of the others feelings first, they are able to understand when the other has an off day. They don't think in terms of "me". They think in terms of "us".

I challenge anyone who is struggling in their relationship to start thinking of your partner first. Do at least one thing to make them happy everyday for 30 days. Watch what happens. It will surprise you.

Some may think this strategy is one sided, but somebody has to start. It won't even take the whole month before you see results from the other party.

If you start making your partner happy, they will want to do the same.
@ Op this will be hard ooo don't have a partner now so do you advice I do it for my roomate who his a guy?? Jst asking ni....
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
ogaofficer: Emphatic listening. . . . Stephen covey

I love his books. Very enlightening.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
Funpeter: @ Op this will be hard ooo don't have a partner now so do you advice I do it for my roomate who his a guy?? Jst asking ni....

You may want to avoid the physical contact part, cheesy but the other tips are good for most communication. Isn't good communication a must in any relationship? Even those that are not romantic?
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:15am On Jul 28, 2014
Food for thought:

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:17am On Jul 28, 2014
Never use sex as a weapon or as punishment.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:18am On Jul 28, 2014
More: any comments?

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:21am On Jul 28, 2014
Unless there is abuse involved, don't bring family into your marital disagreements.

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:23am On Jul 28, 2014
Just for fun... cheesy

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:24am On Jul 28, 2014
$$$$

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:25am On Jul 28, 2014
Remote:

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Has this happen to you?

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:27am On Jul 28, 2014

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:30am On Jul 28, 2014
If there is no conversation there is no resolution.

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:32am On Jul 28, 2014
Be able to admit when you are wrong, and be willing to apologize.

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:33am On Jul 28, 2014
And finally if all else fails:

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:34am On Jul 28, 2014
^^^just kidding...sort of. wink
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by crudedude(m): 1:38am On Jul 28, 2014
texanomaly: And finally if all else fails:
might work.

might not tongue
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 1:47am On Jul 28, 2014
crudedude:
might work.

might not tongue

Cute pic smiley
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by crudedude(m): 2:02am On Jul 28, 2014
texanomaly:

Cute pic smiley
yours is cuter smiley. That's you in it?
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by texanomaly(f): 2:55am On Jul 28, 2014
crudedude:
yours is cuter smiley. That's you in it?

No, but I don't mind putting it up for a moment. If you would like me to.
Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by crudedude(m): 3:25am On Jul 28, 2014
texanomaly:

No, but I don't mind putting it up for a moment. If you would like me to.

I'd love you to. That's if its in the next 15 minutes. If not, then some other time hopefully smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by shizzleStar: 5:46am On Jul 28, 2014
lmao @gifs gringrin

'Never use sex as a weapon or punishment'.. very correct!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve Better Communication Skills by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2014
texanomaly: And finally if all else fails:
It never fails

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Welcomes His First Child After 9 Years Of Marriage. Photos / Couple Who Married After 3 Weeks Of Meeting Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary / Man's 7 Children Die In Katsina Grenade Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.