Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles (19956 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. / Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by lekeey: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2014
The gun a policeman carries is an attestation to his intelligence/education/comportment;the very educated and seniors carry, at most, pistols. The middle level, who are saner, carry pistol regularly while the unintelligent ones must always carry the AK 47 to announce they are dangerous fellas and very unintelligent. By their weapons, we shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by 123gist(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2014
bushdoc9919: Why do the Police carry AK's?

Because AK's are cheap, they last long.,and can be used in any weather.

Another problem is that a good police gun costs a lot of money. For example., a Sig Sauer P227 (apologies....I love Sigs wink ) costs $1085. (Note...Sigs are favoured by many Police forces around the world). Meanwhile a AK47 (Chinese type....most AK's around are made in China....on license from the Russian manufacturer) costs $320. You do the math....especially if you are in chargeof procurement for the Police.

And I betcha most of the AK's were obtained in the 70's.....when we had the oil money....and when the Soviets could just hand you a batch in return for raw materials.(And don't be surprised they last that long. AK's were designed not only to last long but to work in any environment....and all for a cheap price).

I guess DICON should manufacture more pistols.....especially good ones like the Glock semis which behave better than an AK but at least can be carried as pistols. So far,DICON is just making the N1(an expy of the FN-FAL assault rifle).

^this guy should be taken to NPF base at kano for questioning

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Swiftboy(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Herrmes: when I was in my hometown during the summer, in Uyo at central business district, I went to first bank for money transfer reasons, when I came back I saw a group of policemen in a squad car threatening to shoot me because I didn't greet them, I simple asked him if it is even loaded and that its not by force to greet, Nigerian police are very stupid, if I was a threat they wouldn't know how to deal with me.
if I were you I'll just say hi and then say bye bye. I think you're a pretty lady and they wanted to flirt with you thats why.so its smart to say your hello with smile on your face as you're running away cos they may just want to delay you!
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by phlemzy: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2014
Lanceslot: They have 3 or so uniforms now, but e be like say na d ogas on top dey wear d non black uniforms.
The common officers we see everyday need new looks too.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by ichidodo: 10:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Swiftboy: Lol this comment is graphical! I can relate to it buh what happen should he dodge your iron fist and wipe your face with a spin lick!
If he is profficient enough to dodge my hammer btw a very simple technique then what makes you think his spinnin kick isn't telegraphed? Remember i am still clutching his gun hand thus his technqiue will be very clumsy to prosecute as such we can see the move coming a mile off...And he also runs the risk of dislocating his shoulder.The only counter i can see here is the policeman raising his clutched gunhand overhead thus raisin my own hand leavin me utterly exposed then twisting his body showing me his back to counter-balance the reverse posture followed by a grab at my outraised arm over his shoulder with his free hand before a simultaneous pulling motion and moving his whole back as a lever to throw me over his head with a sickening crash on the hard asphalt.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2014
123gist:

^this guy should be taken to NPF base at kano for questioning

So a guy can't like guns without suspicion,eh?

I love guns. Full stop.! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by donem: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2014
robinicule: even wit d big guns, we never fear them
Tuale.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by LeoFish92(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2014
ichidodo: If he is profficient enough to dodge my hammer btw a very simple technique then what makes you think his spinnin kick isn't telegraphed? Remember i am still clutching his gun hand thus his technqiue will be very clumsy to prosecute as such we can see the move coming a mile off...And he also runs the risk of dislocating his shoulder.The only counter i can see here is the policeman raising his clutched gunhand overhead thus raisin my own hand leavin me utterly exposed then twisting his body showing me his back to counter-balance the reverse posture followed by a grab at my outraised arm over his shoulder with his free hand before a simultaneous pulling motion and moving his whole back as a lever to throw me over his head with a sickening crash on the hard asphalt.

see talent! somebody like you can narrate a full Jet li movie from start to finish without much difficulty,
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by sweetgala(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2014
Most of the countries you listed above do not have to contend with Armed robber who are equipped with AK47 or daily possible contact terrorists.
Nigeria is an extreme society the possibilities of "anything can happen" means they have to be prepared
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
ichidodo: A sheer apparent lack of sophistication and just plain cluelessness at the security risk they pose themselves and to the public as a martial arts expert what is stopping me from reverse twisting their rifle hand simultaneously delivering a hammer fist knockout blow to the temple before making away with one of the most powerful shooter (rifle) in the world??...They should count themselves lucky that Nigerians are predominantly peaceful people.Make dem go Jamaica go try that nonsense....

Depends on wen last uve visited jamaica, the jamaica i kmow respects police. And the policemen thougg smtimes corrupt, loik respectable.... Nigerian issues is in another level. From govt, to the public. We need serious help
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by ichidodo: 10:45am On Jul 28, 2014
LeoFish92:

see talent! somebody like you can narrate a full Jet li movie from start to finish without much difficulty,
That ain't jet-li that is basic Krav Marga skills taught to security organisations and military in first world countries these include USMC,Navy Seals,SAS,GRU,NKVD,Spetznatz Mossad....etc.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Swiftboy(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2014
ichidodo: If he is profficient enough to dodge my hammer btw a very simple technique then what makes you think his spinnin kick isn't telegraphed? Remember i am still clutching his gun hand thus his technqiue will be very clumsy to prosecute as such we can see the move coming a mile off...And he also runs the risk of dislocating his shoulder.The only counter i can see here is the policeman raising his clutched gunhand overhead thus raisin my own hand leavin me utterly exposed then twisting his body showing me his back to counter-balance the reverse posture followed by a grab at my outraised arm over his shoulder with his free hand before a simultaneous pulling motion and moving his whole back as a lever to throw me over his head with a sickening crash on the hard asphalt.
awesome! Should I call you my shiffuu then. I love martial art too oh.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by dokunbam(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2014
always avoid them sad

They always claim its accidental discharge undecided
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by glasmirow(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2014
no blame them(npf)na the situation wey dey go on in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by ichidodo: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2014
chrisbaba1:

Depends on wen last uve visited jamaica, the jamaica i kmow respects police. And the policemen thougg smtimes corrupt, loik respectable.... Nigerian issues is in another level. From govt, to the public. We need serious help
Them shower posse and them streets gangs don't respect nobody but be that as it may the Jamaican police are very courteous,well kitted and do go on the beat (foot patrols)...my mouth went wide to see kids frolicking with these guys..Who born you well for Nija?
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Paretomaster(m): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2014
i detest d Nigerian police like shit!!!!!

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Paretomaster(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2014
more pix

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Paretomaster(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2014
more

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by myspnigeria: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2014
This is insightful and eye opening.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by ichidodo: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2014
Swiftboy: awesome! Should I call you my shiffuu then. I love martial art too oh.
Then hook up with the dojo nearest to your location.You might save a live, a loved one or yours.Life is very precarious these days....can't count how many we have saved from danger…Even mine.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by dnawah(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
The gun is too heavy 4 some of them to carry about.grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by tuffgongjo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nigeria police killing the Innocent,collecting 20#,leaving d Guilty ones since 1914 till date.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by iswallker(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
nuttyhnic: It's necessary since criminals have access to assault rifles.

After the north Hollywood shout out in California in which Bank of America was robbed in 1994, patrol officers are now allowed to carry military weapons such as the US army M-16.

Shout out to my peeps all over d world... grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Konnektions146(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
Swiftboy: .
please you have a mail
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by cooljude(m): 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
Some comments on Nairaland disgust me. Are you blaming the individual policeman for carrying the weapon issued to him for that moment, so you want him to buy his own pistol. That should be the work of the government and top officers. Do you think those officers wouldn't want to be fully equiped like their western counterpart. The system as a whole is a big mess. Until we sit down and really start looking at everything in Nigeria to make them better, things would continue to degenerate.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by dtneicna(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
It baffles me too
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by sleekman(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
We spend so much importing arms into this country. Its about time local entrepreneurs be allowed 2 produce guns 4 our armed forces. Imagine d number of guns 2 be produced. Possibly 1m automatic pistols, 500,000 assault rifles and 10million barrels. Not to talk of bullets. Imagine FX benefits and number of jobs so created?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Swiftboy(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Konnektions146: please you have a mail
send it again please. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Swiftboy(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
ichidodo: Then hook up with the dojo nearest to your location.You might save a live, a loved one or yours.Life is very precarious these days....can't count how many we have saved from danger…Even mine.
I'll enter the martial art class in my campus. grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Konnektions146(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
Swiftboy: send it again please. Thanks
Please check , i replied you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by lorRhyMeZ: 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nihilist: Lmao

Have you seen American police?

When they get their full gear on, you will wonder if they're going to fight in Gaza and not just arrest someone

Anyway, Nigeria police need the big guns. These days criminals roll with rocket launchers, and bank robbers move with grenades. You would be surprised at how cheap Ak47s are on the street...

$20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hon. Ben Nwankwo Recognized As Honorary Citizen Of Awka Ancient Kingdom / US To Proceed With Case To Seize $150 Million Linked To Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi / It’s A Shame Nigerians Are Celebrating Christmas In Discomfort – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.