Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles (19942 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. / Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by 123gist(m): 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

So a guy can't like guns without suspicion,eh?

I love guns. Full stop.! grin grin grin

Another unconfirmed boko-haram on nairaland. shocked cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
123gist:

Another unconfirmed boko-haram on nairaland. shocked cheesy grin

Then you will have to condemn over half the country....including hunters in your village...as Bokoists!

(Now that sounds ridiculous.)
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by 123gist(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Then you will have to condemn over half the country....including hunters in your village...as Bokoists!

(Now that sounds ridiculous.)

They don't use guns, instead they make use of Africa Magic
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by M4gunners: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hahaha lazy people.Last week, i was watching Police Man beating one innocent woman who refused to sale pepe soup for him.The Lady said She only sale pepe soup to customers who bought beer from her shop.The police Man bought the beer elsewhere, forcing this Lady to sale pepe soup for him, When the Lady refuse to sale for him, he started beating her.Here we hv Boko Haram terrorizing Nigerians, the Police can't secure us.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by BlueMagic2(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nihilist: Lmao

Have you seen American police?

When they get their full gear on, you will wonder if they're going to fight in Gaza and not just arrest someone

Anyway, Nigeria police need the big guns. These days criminals roll with rocket launchers, and bank robbers move with grenades. You would be surprised at how cheap Ak47s are on the street...

Even in an armed society like the US. The police official patrol weapon is a Glock handgun and they only use it as a last resort cos they have alternative weapons like tasers, batons, pepper sprays, etc. They break out their shotguns only when they need a more superior firepower or when SWAT is called in. But you are never going to see a policeman patrolling the streets with an AK 47 or AR-15

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by InvertedHammer: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
/
US police officers carry assault rifles too.
It is neatly strapped in their cruisers.
But most of the time they use handguns for basic duties.

Also it is usually 1 cop:1 car or in rare cases a cop and a rookie in one cruiser unlike Nigeria that packs 4 or more police officers in one vehicle.

/
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by wolexy2020(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
omenka: I find them very irritating to say the least!!

I was shocked when I watched on CNN the other day that there is an ongoing debate in China as to the propriety or otherwise of allowing police carry firearms in public! I was shocked that all this while, their policemen don't bear arms!
Chinese police dont go around with firearms. .. only time I have seen a gun here is when the ATM is been loaded...
God go help us for naija
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by wolexy2020(m): 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
123gist:

^this guy should be taken to NPF base at kano for questioning
grin grin... na wetin dey my mind be that. ..
We love guns doesn't mean we are killer...
I'd love to see a Nigerian police office go around
With a Beretta. ...such a nice little baby...
But I'd bet my money on the bigger gooz
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by omenka(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
wolexy2020:
Chinese police dont go around with firearms. .. only time I have seen a gun here is when the ATM is been loaded...
God go help us for naija
I was really shocked to learn that they are only allowed to carry batons. Great country indeed.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by 123gist(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
wolexy2020:
grin grin... na wetin dey my mind be that. ..
We love guns doesn't mean we are killer...
I'd love to see a Nigerian police office go around
With a Beretta. ...such a nice little baby...
But I'd bet my money on the bigger gooz

Now you guys are giving me the creep!
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Olaone1: 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
omenka: I was really shocked to learn that they are only allowed to carry batons. Great country indeed.
British (metropolitan) police don't as well
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Damalex4luv(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
As part of the president Goodluck AGENDA for National transformation and economic development for Nigeria, all Nigerian graduates are going to be entitled to job opportunities and #50,000 monthly whether u are working or not. This program is being executed tuner a body known as TAN meaning TRANSFORMATION AGENDA FOR NIGERIANS. registration closes 31st of July and all Nigerian graduates will start receiving their monthly allowance of #50.000 effect from September. Please click the link below to register before registration closes 31st July. http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=59354
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by candyboy244(m): 12:17am On Jul 29, 2014
MaziOmenuko: Why do our police men walk around with assault rifles?

In most advanced countries, you hardly see policemen with assault rifles walking around the streets. They have their pistols inside a holster and only bring it out when its needed. You only see them with assault rifles (AK 47, etc) in times of emergency like riots, robbery, siege etc.

Here in Nigeria, you see our police walking into public transport, beer palour and shekpe joints with fully loaded ak47 rifles. It seems ak 47 is the default primary weapon for the police. Gone are the days when police men walk the streets with just a barton. Invite them for as security in a social program such as wedding, child-dedication or even a kid's birthday party and you see them with that annoying long gun on full display!

I think the government should do something about this. We hear cases of trigger happy policemen shooting innocent victims and claiming accidental discharge. If they are made to carry pistols alone, there won't be such incidences as it will require the policeman to bring the gun out from its holster, remove it from safety before shooting. Such scenarios will never be termed 'Accidental' discharge but first degree murder.

The pix below is for clarity sake. It explains a lot why the popular NPF acronym has been turned to a popular saying: Not People's Friend
grin
MaziOmenuko: Why do our police men walk around with assault rifles?

In most advanced countries, you hardly see policemen with assault rifles walking around the streets. They have their pistols inside a holster and only bring it out when its needed. You only see them with assault rifles (AK 47, etc) in times of emergency like riots, robbery, siege etc.

Here in Nigeria, you see our police walking into public transport, beer palour and shekpe joints with fully loaded ak47 rifles. It seems ak 47 is the default primary weapon for the police. Gone are the days when police men walk the streets with just a barton. Invite them for as security in a social program such as wedding, child-dedication or even a kid's birthday party and you see them with that annoying long gun on full display!

I think the government should do something about this. We hear cases of trigger happy policemen shooting innocent victims and claiming accidental discharge. If they are made to carry pistols alone, there won't be such incidences as it will require the policeman to bring the gun out from its holster, remove it from safety before shooting. Such scenarios will never be termed 'Accidental' discharge but first degree murder.

The pix below is for clarity sake. It explains a lot why the popular NPF acronym has been turned to a popular saying: Not People's Friend
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by wolexy2020(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
123gist:

Now you guys are giving me the creep!
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by SenatorJames(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
......and you think the guns are to protect the citizens?

Its mainly to encourage the transporters to pay their normal roggers, if not accidental discharge will be the next story.
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by DaBullIT(m): 7:46am On Jul 30, 2014
Nihilist: Lmao

Have you seen American police?

When they get their full gear on, you will wonder if they're going to fight in Gaza and not just arrest someone

Anyway, Nigeria police need the big guns. These days criminals roll with rocket launchers, and bank robbers move with grenades. You would be surprised at how cheap Ak47s are on the street...

Full gear on American police like you have described are the final responders in case of dire threat / emergency situation , that's why they call them SWAT ,besides , unlike Nigerian police , American police do not patrol on foot and poke their heads where it don't belong, granted some police (american) can be bad , on the average Nigerian police scored F9. Us Police has at least B2. And those saying its African thing , its third world , disagree with you , if you have a gun and you know you could loose everything for misusing it , I bet you won't misuse the said gun , my point being its all about orientation , who trains who , legal ramifications of decisions you make and a good conscience to be a better person / police
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Nostradamus: 10:00am On Oct 02, 2014
nigerian police are not be blamed,our society is insane,policemen get endangered without the assault rifle
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Nostradamus: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2014
for those saying some metropolitan police are only allowed to carry baton,this is naija for christ sake,you don't fight crime in naija with a mere baton,that's a suicide mission
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by MaziOmenuko: 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nostradamus:
for those saying some metropolitan police are only allowed to carry baton,this is naija for christ sake,you don't fight crime in naija with a mere baton,that's a suicide mission

In cases of crimes, special armed troops can be sent to fight. A police man sent to on duty in a child dedication program comes along with a fully loaded fire arm; for what?
Re: Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2016

Because good side arms cost far more than a second hand AK.

Really? Pistols to assault rifles. First time i'm seeing this though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC: An Ally Of Corruption / Edo: Ize-iyamu Is The Authentic PDP Candidate – INEC / Ganduje Dares Kwankwaso To Enter Kano For His Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.