Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? (60515 Views)

Photos : Thugs Who Tried To Snatch Ballot Boxes At Amuwo Odofin Arrested / General Buhari's Military Government / General Buhari Likes President Jonathan's Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
aumeehn: even you Am not suprised...!! I can bet with my life u ve never witness a bomb blast...so dia is no need to argue..GMB all the way!
The reason corruption and crime cant be curbed in Nigeria is becos our crime fighters are not logical and they apply too much sentiment thereby overlooking the needfull, for example if we av sm1 like you nw as the Commissional of police becos u are a fanatic of Buhari u will ovaluk facts on ground and chase after ntyn.

3 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by revelationuche: 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by bendeclerk: 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Can't Nigerian youths channel their energies into riding Nigeria of corrupt leaders rather taking to arms and killing the helpless. Na wah..na only in Nigeria people like buhari and Jonathan dey still get backers

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by ethicalUser(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Make Ur enemy minister of defence do u know what it can lead you to being a serving president?? Go and ask coup plotters Hw far.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Greenified(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ibnsultan: Jonathains are highly delusional.we thank God 4 saving GMB a true patriot,peoples General
Hmmmm ur house is on "the list" already
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Before I make my comment....a disclaimer.

I am not here to argue for a Buhari Presidency, a Northern presidency,or a PDP continuation...nor am I here to insult anyone's tribe or religion.

The truth of the matter is that those who argue that Buhari is behind the bombs....including the attack on his convoy....are doing so because they do not want a Northerner in power. Some do it because of bitterness against percieved injustices by the North over the years...and yes, they have happened....see the recent 2011 violence...and so far no one has been brought to justice. But the real argument is for a continued enjoyment of Southern power.

And those who argue that the govt is culpable do so out of bitterness that the North has gotten a raw deal from the govt. That they are not feeling the govt, that they are being discriminated and losing their rights. And so on.

The truth of the matter is that both conspiracy theorists are WRONG. Yes,a lot of bombs have gone off....but despite the brutal attacks on chrurches....there have been brutal attacks on public places....and Muslims as well as Christians have died.And suffered. (Keep in mind that the CHibok girls were not the only girls kidnapped up north....hundreds of other girls have been taken by Boko...and most of em are Muslim).It must be noted that attacks on churches have been prevented....in Imo, for example.

So, Boko is making everyone suffer. Yet, because of our idea that leadership is about sharing money at the top....not about using your available resources to achieve development.....we make every disadvantage a means of tribal argument. Thus the ridiculous theories flying around.....that Buhari is responsible for the attack on himself (an attack which might have left him dead...if not from the bullets from the shock)...or that GEJ is responsible for the attack.(which he isn't....GEJ is not so foolish as to orchestrate an attack that would lead to more instability and destruction on a wide scale).

In my opinion, I am thankful that we are going through the fire...because as any goldsmith will tell you...fire is good for purging out the impurities. You see....Boko is showing Nigerians for who we are.We are a heartless,morally bankrupt people. Or tell me which kind of people would accuse....without proof....their president of orchestrating violence to keep himself in power. Or which kind of people would accuse an opposition leader....one who in a past career fought against Islamist milltants...and had to cope with them as head of State...of orchestrating violence that has killed hundreds of his core support. And the annoying thing is that both allegations are made without proof. Indeed I am scared to be a Nigerian....because someone can accuse me now of evil and millions will believe it. What kind of people are we? That we easily believe lies?

What we need to do now is unite against Boko(short term). But long term, we need to change our ideas about development. We need to stop thinking that development is all about how much oil money we get....(hey,let'sbe honest....all this argument is about who gets to share oil money at Aso Rock) and from the state level start using what we have to make products that we can market for income.One reason why I am opposed to resource control....even though it would benefit me....is because Nigerians are arguing for resource control based on the idea that more money to share amongst ourselves= development. And that money would be used not for development...but to import and import stuff we would pose with....rather than invest in science, technology and industrial innovation to produce more permanent jobs...and to make education more attractive....even for the most fanatical. Yes, we are using Boko to argue for more oil money....even threatening secession so that we can enjoy the oil money....or unity so that we never lose sight of oil money to share. Infact, Nigerians are so backward that we really do not deserve the oil money. Infact,if I was president...I would cut each and every state allowances by 50% and use the money to guarantee free education, power and health....and transport infrastructure...and leave the states to use their resources to develop.

So Nigerians....stop lying against Buhari, PDP, Chibok, etc. This crisis isn't about your right to more oilmoney....or whether you feel cheated. Let us untie toghether....and develop not only a strong security infrastructure....but a strong industrial structure...so that we can have jobs and an end to the environment that fosters Boko Haram. And lets stop lying. Yes you may not like Buhari or PDP....but that isno excuse to lie against them. We have a serious problem....and there is no time for petty tribalism-driven internet wars.

P.S....If you have been reading...and want to respond...feel free....but any insults would be reported to the mods. I am sorry....but I do not appreciate people using the languages of the fo./.wl species.

15 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Rexyl(m): 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
It is like the North is fighting a civil war....
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by icelord(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
jaryeh: I'd rather keep quiet than jump into conclusions. undecided
boss, I see u
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Greenified(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
chibwike: That sympathy he initially planned
to gain from nigerians so as to
aquire votes..he is now getting
it....they did not bomb him since...its
now that elections are round the
corner..that re nw bombing him....Buhari is one of the sponsors
of BOKOHARAM!....enuf said.
*Nods head gently*
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
Am rili wondering y nigeria vs nigerians wuld spark up a fight or fights abi riots or chaios if buhari had died,am sure his death wuld hav been as silent as d deaths of thousands since dis insurgency started dat surely supperceed d death of one man dat feels if he doesn't rule nigerians we won't muv 4wad.Bh will b conquered when our learders r ready 2 face it wit sincerity of purpose cos dey no d truth & shuld stand 4 it.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
olayanju22:
TiTos Chops

Man, this is neither the time or the place to do what you are doing.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
femcruz: when they aimed at kidnapping d chibok girls they didnt miss, they did numerous bombing and they didnt miss, now you telling they bombed others and missed there aim(Buhari) by mistake. mtcheww! Let him kip decieving himself.
Pathetic komment! na wa
Smh
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by youngmonie: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
bushdoc9919: Before I make my comment....a disclaimer.
I am not here to argue for a Buhari Presidency, a Northern presidency,or a PDP continuation...nor am I here to insult anyone's tribe or religion.
The truth of the matter is that those who argue that Buhari is behind the bombs....including the attack on his convoy....are doing so because they do not want a Northerner in power. Some do it because of bitterness against percieved injustices by the North over the years...and yes, they have happened....see the recent 2011 violence...and so far no one has been brought to justice. But the real argument is for a continued enjoyment of Southern power.
And those who argue that the govt is culpable do so out of bitterness that the North has gotten a raw deal from the govt. That they are not feeling the govt, that they are being discriminated and losing their rights. And so on.
The truth of the matter is that both conspiracy theorists are WRONG. Yes,a lot of bombs have gone off....but despite the brutal attacks on chrurches....there have been brutal attacks on public places....and Muslims as well as Christians have died.And suffered. (Keep in mind that the CHibok girls were not the only girls kidnapped up north....hundreds of other girls have been taken by Boko...and most of em are Muslim).It must be noted that attacks on churches have been prevented....in Imo, for example.
So, Boko is making everyone suffer. Yet, because of our idea that leadership is about sharing money at the top....not about using your available resources to achieve development.....we make every disadvantage a means of tribal argument. Thus the ridiculous theories flying around.....that Buhari is responsible for the attack on himself (an attack which might have left him dead...if not from the bullets from the shock)...or that GEJ is responsible for the attack.(which he isn't....GEJ is not so foolish as to orchestrate an attack that would lead to more instability and destruction on a wide scale).
In my opinion, I am thankful that we are going through the fire...because as any goldsmith will tell you...fire is good for purging out the impurities. You see....Boko is showing Nigerians for who we are.We are a heartless,morally bankrupt people. Or tell me which kind of people would accuse....without proof....their president of orchestrating violence to keep himself in power. Or which kind of people would accuse an opposition leader....one who in a past career fought against Islamist milltants...and had to cope with them as head of State...of orchestrating violence that has killed hundreds of his core support. And the annoying thing is that both allegations are made without proof. Indeed I am scared to be a Nigerian....because someone can accuse me now of evil and millions will believe it. What kind of people are we? That we easily believe lies?
What we need to do now is unite against Boko(short term). But long term, we need to change our ideas about development. We need to stop thinking that development is all about how much oil money we get....(hey,let'sbe honest....all this argument is about who gets to share oil money at Aso Rock) and from the state level start using what we have to make products that we can market for income.One reason why I am opposed to resource control....even though it would benefit me....is because Nigerians are arguing for resource control based on the idea that more money to share amongst ourselves= development. And that money would be used not for development...but to import and import stuff we would pose with....rather than invest in science, technology and industrial innovation to produce more permanent jobs...and to make education more attractive....even for the most fanatical. Yes, we are using Boko to argue for more oil money....even threatening secession so that we can enjoy the oil money....or unity so that we never lose sight of oil money to share. Infact, Nigerians are so backward that we really do not deserve the oil money. Infact,if I was president...I would cut each and every state allowances by 50% and use the money to guarantee free education, power and health....and transport infrastructure...and leave the states to use their resources to develop.
So Nigerians....stop lying against Buhari, PDP, Chibok, etc. This crisis isn't about your right to more oilmoney....or whether you feel cheated. Let us untie toghether....and develop not only a strong security infrastructure....but a strong industrial structure...so that we can have jobs and an end to the environment that fosters Boko Haram. And lets stop lying. Yes you may not like Buhari or PDP....but that isno excuse to lie against them. We have a serious problem....and there is no time for petty tribalism-driven internet wars.
P.S....If you have been reading...and want to respond...feel free....but any insults would be reported to the mods. I am sorry....but I do not appreciate people using the languages of the fo./.wl species.

Now this is someone that can sit own, think, comprehend and look at the bigger picture at large. No sentiments or bigotry but pure analysis of what is going on in this country. RESPECT!!

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Igholize(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
DeZoro: I don't know why we always try to read meaning to everything in Nigeria. Thoughts am not a fan of Buhari but I strongly conderm the saying that Buhari tried to kill himself. I am in Kaduna and u knw how these people behave. God has just spared us from another war that would had split this nation. God bless NIGERIA.
...... Oga, Buhari didn't want 2 kill him self 4 real but d event/ occurence I.e, attack nd d escaped was planned by him nd his fellow APC members puttin him in d scene so as 2 mak all nigerian's believe dat' buhari is nt d sponsor of boko haram... But, dier film wey dem plan nd produce failed bcox, we re nt gullible. Na APc dey sponsor boko boys. Na Xo d mata b

2 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Pathetic komment! na wa
Smh
I wantd to gv ur comment a particular reply buh the moment i saw ur username i changed my mind. You notherners are your own problems
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
calebo101:
God know say Uncle Jona must complete e tenure after which we go handover to the East then back to South South again, then to the East, na so we go pass d baton round till we tire, grin. Na all of us get Nigeria afterall. Who nor gree, make e go hang himself. Kpatakpata we go scatter everything make everybody answer e papa name. The one North oppress us don reach, who dey cry dey see road.

Are u this Daft? Is it so easy like this?..
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
bushdoc9919: Before I make my comment....a disclaimer.

#Falls asleep#
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Chuck01: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Its possible he staged it or he didn't. But the risk is quite enormous since we are talkin abt a bomb escape. The truth I think is we don't just know wat is going on n y. All d OP said is just his opinion witout any iota of fact
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
#Falls asleep#

Have a good night!

wink
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
femcruz:
I wantd to gv ur comment a particular reply buh the moment i saw ur username i changed my mind. You notherners are your own problems
Anoda pathetic response!
smh x2 undecided
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by Descartes: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mtcheww
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by youngmonie: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Igholize: ...... Oga, Buhari didn't want 2 kill him self 4 real but d event/ occurence I.e, attack nd d escaped was planned by him nd his fellow APC members puttin him in d scene so as 2 mak all nigerian's believe dat' buhari is nt d sponsor of boko haram... But, dier film wey dem plan nd produce failed bcox, we re nt gullible. Na APc dey sponsor boko boys. Na Xo d mata b

Please enlighten me the more..how did you come about this your theory!!! you seem to know it all
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by enomakos(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
how can the bomb miss buhari?
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by aumeehn: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
femcruz:
The reason corruption and crime cant be curbed in Nigeria is becos our crime fighters are not logical and they apply too much sentiment thereby overlooking the needfull, for example if we av sm1 like you nw as the Commissional of police becos u are a fanatic of Buhari u will ovaluk facts on ground and chase after ntyn.
dia is one tin i learn bout u guys.....u hate the North entirely and secondly u know the truth...buh you keep on denying.....it..Buhari ill not kill himself for nothing..get diz into your head Buhari will not commit sucide!!
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by dont8(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
Best comment so far, folks don't know that Boko boys are happy with the division they've created already which is their aim in the first place.
Preciousone4ril: Communizing a national threat issue like boko haram to a difference between Moslem and Christian is sheer stupidity.
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by kakakent: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
AdekunleBalogun: And to think they say Nigerians are smart people, going by comments here I find that hard to believe. Is the tittle of the article the same as the body of the article? A note of warning to some people on dis forum, please try and read the content before commenting. This country is in shambles and her people are the worst humans God has ever created, imagine saying a man of 70yrs old tries to kill himself, please what does he has to gain? To be president after his death? Why are Nigerians like this? No iota of sensibility in our thinking at all, and if he's planning ur own death, u will kuku ma put the bomb inside ur own car now and you will be dead. We need to be more sensible in our thinking, we need to be serious about putting an end to this terror, instead of paying lip services.

He didn't kill himself he tried to make it look like some pple wanna kill him cos he z rightoeus marion jones nd her fiance once planned an accident to gather public sympathy in america when she was facing charges of hard drugs hope u knw that
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by grandstar(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
himkers: Yes, Buhari tried to kill himself.
You dont know what a bomb blast is! In 2002,bomb blasts at ikeja which was aimed at no one killed over 1000 people.A bomb decapitates,incinerates and does not discriminate. No be banger!
Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by wysenas(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
its unfortunate that religion and sentiment are d most vital weapons used by our political leaders 2 deceive us in nigeria.GMB is above all these unnecessary allegatns about BH sponsor or he tried 2 kill himself in d recent bomb blast targetted at d general in kaduna.many people failed 2 to know who GMB is,do u know that GMB dont hv a filling station,oil block,oil well,private refinery,house in abuja,bullet proof car despite d fact that he was d one who built d non functnal refineries in nigeria.a former head of state,PTF chairman,but today ordinary militant owns a private refinery and oil well.so dont come and start talking 4 talking sake.how do u believe GMB can finance/sponsor BH?frm whose purse?so u think he is a sycophant like others.u better rethink and stop judging an innocent man
who is ready to fix nigeria again.what should be our aim as nigerians is to think of bringing capable hand and head 2 fix nigeria and stop d sentiment and religious issue up.

2 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by leo1234(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
calebo101: This issue has been thrashed over and over again. If he tried to kill himself, that's perfectly alright, i can understand that smiley. If not then i think it's high time he joins hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward. There is no law that says you must be a serving leader before you make an impact!

God know say Uncle Jona must complete e tenure after which we go handover to the East then back to South South again, then to the East, na so we go pass d baton round till we tire, grin. Na all of us get Nigeria afterall. Who nor gree, make e go hang himself. Kpatakpata we go scatter everything make everybody answer e papa name. The one North oppress us don reach, who dey cry dey see road.

Guy u dey vex o.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by JigsawKillah(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
It was all planned
he didnt plan to kill himself but made it look like attempted murder
Buhari is a genius really....he's been fooling nigerians since 1901 but he's failed to fool me because im more clever

SAW

3 Likes

Re: So, General Buhari Tried To Kill Himself? by onagoodday: 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
In fela's voice...dem colam outside world, for outside buhari dey there...na craze man b that...dem go worry me..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chadian Helicopters Used In Fighting Boko Haram Today (Photo) / 5 States Where The General Elections Might Be Tough / Bloody / Jonathan Raised Atiku's Hand At Rivers PDP Presidential Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.