Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? (16607 Views)

Opinion: How Honest Can You Be When It Comes To Money? / How Honest Are You To Your Partner? / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by fattbabakay(m): 5:36am On Jul 29, 2014
Niggaz be writing long story,I wonder Y dey can't just summarise
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by aminho(m): 5:51am On Jul 29, 2014
am in love with a lady now i tell her everything once I trust someone that's it am muslim she's a christian and we respect each other i can't stand not telling her everything cus i fell like am been bias or cheating if you can get naked infront of her or him den des notn you should hide from them
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by oyecuteez(m): 5:51am On Jul 29, 2014
It is good U say the ones that may cause problem to the relationship b4 ur spouse finds out on his/her own. There should be no deceit in marriage. Clear the ground of all the exes stil disturbing. Although, no be everytin women of ds days fit talk ooo, many things don spoil in d past......... Make God just help person ni. Almost all d girls i av met did abortion one time or d oda for thr ex(es).
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Adeniyi077(m): 5:53am On Jul 29, 2014
For ladies: to any reasonable length. Most of them don't care since you would never do it again.

For men: I think a little, especially a few most important ones such as 'I've had a kid before. The reason is because most of us (not all) don't have the required level of psychological and emotional maturity to deal with the after effects of knowing those darkest secrets.

The truth is no matter how much we try, we would never know everything about women vice versa.

PS: If she's not a virgin, use your brain, or was she deflowered by a goat? If it hurts, you rather quit there or just think of a few ladies you've also.... Don't even bother to ask when or how because you are not prepared to hear 'JSS 1'.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Descartes: 5:56am On Jul 29, 2014
maxism2: ladies, don't make d mistake of revealing every details of ur dirty past to ur fiancé to avoid " had I known".

Never tell ur fiancé how many abortions u had undergone in d past.

never tell ur fiancé that u had that little girl of about 7 years or so when u were in secondary school.

never tell a guy that any man that wanna marry u, ends up dying.

secret secret!!!!

women can keep secrets enhhhh!"""

Endorsed!! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Descartes: 5:59am On Jul 29, 2014
Nna this question hard die, wey my omo kirikiri tongue
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by nexstorm(m): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2014
Everything ke?
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 29, 2014
I don't want to start the "not everyone has a dirty past sermon" but its the truth...its marriage for crying out loud and the worst thing you'll ever do to yourself is being in it with the "i've got secrets guilt",start with keeping secrets and you'll keep doing so even in your marriage...you don't wanna play the "not all secrets are bad card" discuss everything,and if you re not ready to,then you have not found that one person you feel safe with.....my opinion ne o...
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by ireneidiva(f): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2014
I'll tell everything! What's the point of getting married if I can't talk to him? If he can't take it, let him go!

1 Like

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 29, 2014
ireneidiva: I'll tell everything! What's the point of getting married if I can't talk to him? If he can't take it, let him go!
ur head dey there...its as simple as dt
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 29, 2014
ireneidiva: I'll tell everything! What's the point of getting married if I can't talk to him? If he can't take it, let him go!
ur head dey theregrin...its as simple as dt
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by kalimera101: 6:12am On Jul 29, 2014
I ain't telling my fiance anything about my past relationships.
My past relationships are case closed, all strings are not just cut but cremated and fed to the fishes.
A very efficient method since I don't even remember them as I move on.

My advice is everyone should end their relationships completely don't hold on to the person, and make sure the other person doesn't hold on to you either. Therefore there won't be anything to hide in the first place.

No problem on telling him about my family (a must) though.

1 Like

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by tellwisdom: 6:16am On Jul 29, 2014
..Ladies, Are we safe?? embarassed
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by biomedixexcel(m): 6:40am On Jul 29, 2014
Should be 100% honest
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 29, 2014
as honest as you can be
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by datguru: 6:52am On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin I no go talk anything
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by jericco1(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2014
Okay It depends on the lady tho' I'd say that if she's open-minded so'll I & we could work in tandem reminiscencing.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by dhamstar(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2014
Endeavor to study your partner critically to know if he/she can handle it before you disclose anything to him or her.

Else, you might shut yourself in the foot when it is done out of ignorance.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by akeem0502: 7:15am On Jul 29, 2014
Being secretive is largely a function of the women, the truth is that no matter the past of a man he can spill it out and nothing will happen it is the women that have a lot to hide. Women nowadays wanna marry for so many reasons other than love. For instance they wanna marry cos they wanna wear wedding dress, sad. So they hide all sorts in other to marry. No man gives a damn of a woman's past be she met him only if she was sleeping with men for money or she had like an abortion that affected her womb, but yet they still lie and hide facts. The most damaging part of it is that some how guys find out and it could lead to destruction. A woman can even lie to u that she enjoys sex so much just to lure u into marriage and at the end of the day she will become a log after marriage. She will even lie to herself that she likes the guy's personality and at the end of the day she only wanted to marry. The reason for marriage is no more there. The primary reason for marriage which is love isn't there anymore and it is so sad. Most guys marry because of love

1 Like

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by akeem0502: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2014
Nowadays you hear of women having more than one boyfriends and they will say if one messes up the other one is a back up. Fine I know guys do this too, but in the heart of a man he knows who he really wants. But for women it is the one that marries her first. Marriage has become a race

1 Like

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 29, 2014
odufanabasa: But y will a man want to know everything about a lady? Then when she opens up,and they know they ugly truth(if there are any),they back off? Abeg every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future! If u can't stand by her after
hearing, pls respect urself and don't ask.... curiosity kills d cat..

so if she has a child, I don't deserve to know abi? Then later she will try to smuggle the child into my house in the name of "she is my little cousin" I go begin feed another man pikin

I read about a case here of a lady in a relationship who had a fling with another man that led to an ectopic pregnancy, long story short, her womb was removed, so the husband to be doesn't deserve to know abi? Becos it's in the past

this stuff applies both ways, male or female, If I discover something about ur past, it won't just be a matter of deceit but a serious issue of distrust with wider implications like, if u could hide this from me, then u can kill me etc
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by 1stola: 7:43am On Jul 29, 2014
2romantic: I can tell some things o, like 80% but there r dirty past I can't never tell my fiancée.

lol
E.g, the cork suckin and sleeping with lecturers in school...
save it. we know already.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by passionate88: 7:55am On Jul 29, 2014
alutacontinua: I find it difficult to keep things from a man I love. angry
I have a very annoying conscience lipsrsealed
Good thing is the past ain't too ugly anyways, it's still manageable cheesy
U sure?.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by princessayesha(f): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2014
I haff heard
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Opiosko: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2014
safarigirl: My life is an open book. I have no damaging secrets whatsoever, you can't even dig up an enemy (except some NL beefers grin)

I like to get whatever bad traits I have out in the air early enough, I'll tell you what to expect before you even ask so you no go say you no know. No time for dilly-dallying, na to drop am as e dey hot cheesy. I go even list reasons why you no suppose like me, yes, I'm nice like that grin
Blessed are those without a dirty past for they shall fear nothing.

1 Like

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by oshosjf(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2014
alutacontinua: I find it difficult to keep things from a man I love. angry
I have a very annoying conscience lipsrsealed
Good thing is the past ain't too ugly anyways, it's still manageable cheesy
please keep it up. dont let d evil trend of trying to hide things affect you. meanwhile always try to do d right thing. so dat the past will not be ugly.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Cecediva(f): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2014
I don't think i have any ugly experience in the past. i have always been careful of my dealings,so i have nothing to hide 4rm my man.

1 Like

Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2014
Cecediva: I don't think i have any ugly experience in the past. i have always been careful of my dealings,so i have nothing to hide 4rm my man.
sure my dear, i will nt even boda to ask u sef. because wit dis ur pics? aint gat no time to west jare. i trust u[left] grin
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by remsonik(f): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2014
What am I hiding?? I don't ve any skeleton piled up my cupboard.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by expert101(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2014
maxism2: ladies, don't make d mistake of revealing every details of ur dirty past to ur fiancé to avoid " had I known".

Never tell ur fiancé how many abortions u had undergone in d past.

never tell ur fiancé that u had that little girl of about 7 years or so when u were in secondary school.

never tell a guy that any man that wanna marry u, ends up dying.

secret secret!!!!

women can keep secrets enhhhh!"""

You are a fool! You come here to advise people not to be honest when going in to marriage.

Ladies if you have a terrible past, repent now and tell your intending spouse about your past life that may show up.
Re: How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone? by bigemmmybig(m): 8:40am On Jul 29, 2014
odufanabasa: But y will a man want to know everything about a lady? Then when she opens up,and they know they ugly truth(if there are any),they back off? Abeg every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future! If u can't stand by her after
hearing, pls respect urself and don't ask.... curiosity kills d cat..

u knw it goes both wayswink

anyway sha wen marriage is involved i tink its best to say it all oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can This Happen In Our Country Nigeria Mother And Son (PHOTO) / Why Baby Mamas And Baby Daddies Will Continue To Be Prevalent / Traditional, Religious Or Court Wedding: Best Form Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.