Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,849 members, 7,956,186 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? (1991 Views)

Serious Question For Ladies (pics) / Serious Question, No Ofense & Please Advise! / What Is The Essence Of Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Damayor12(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Okay, let's assume the boy is 17, The girl is 15 and they are supposedly dating and are in 'Love'..
1) The girl should be married latest 25 ... Will they supposedly date for 10 years? Date!?
2) There is a very low chance that these two will get married, The girl won't wait for the average Nigerian teenage boy to settle... She'll prolly be pushed into marriage a few years after she leaves university (by 22-25) to marry a far older and settled guy.....
3) The relationship might get boring, Peer pressure, wrong input from media,then the girls get naïve, and wanto step up the relationship by having sex, and she loses her virginity.. All in the name of "first love".. At 15
4) Some of these Teens get this "Love" into their head, all the time from commitments and emotional stress, heartbreak maybe, all the time they spend on messengers talking to themselves ends up affecting their academics and causing low grades..
5) The boy really has nothing to offer and cannot even adequately take care of himself..

P.S I'm just Saying, Crucify Me if you like..
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by majour(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Well to me the issue here is simple, truth is, the essence of dating is widely favored on the ideal that it exposes u on how to relate with the opposite sex.
Prepares u for the responsibility ahead, makes u better, cus u won't want to be doing trier and error wen ur suppose to be exhibiting perfection

2 Likes

Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Smartsyn(m): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
So they can start learning how to love in time. Experience they say is the best teacher.

Op, are you 17 or there about? just asking.
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Damayor12(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Smartsyn: So they can start learning how to love in time. Experience they say is the best teacher.

Op, are you 17 or there about? just asking.

Nope, not at all... I've just been observing teenage dating lately
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by mstik(f): 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
Actually, I think it's hard to find genuine teen love. When I was in secondary school, I used to marvel at the rate which girls used to date boys. The 'relationship' could last for two months before they broke up and moved to a new partner. Sometimes, you could find a particular boy that has dated a group of friends. I guess they just went into the relationships for fun or to be among those that have boyfriends/girlfriends.
My point is, I think dating should be for the mature minded.

1 Like

Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by ITbomb(m): 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
The simple realisation that, "I have a dick, and some other girl has a hole to insert" and you must claim the owner of the hole as yours to ward off potential competition.

Quite unfortunate that nobody ever thought of telling them about the responsibilities associated with keeping a girl and the consequences of any action you take, all they were told was that it was a sin and that they should not be caught or get pregnant so as not to bring shame to the family. So they feel that as long as they are not caught or pregnant and pastor doesn't know about it, everything is ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
even a relationship btw a 30 yr old guy and a 25 yr old lady does NOT have 70% probability of leading to marriage. to me 19 yrs or 42 yrs. the chances are the same. if u cant date someone for 10 yrs how do u want to live with the person forever? abeg live teens alone. if by 15 yrs u dont feel attracted to the opposite gender then something is seriously wrong with u. so its normal for teens to fall in love and if they date and are serious and loyal, while wont it lead to marriage?
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Damayor12: Okay, let's assume the boy is 17, The girl is 15 and they are supposedly dating and are in 'Love'..
1) The girl should be married latest 25 ... Will they supposedly date for 10 years? Date!?

with such state of mind, no wonder people want to start dating as early as possible. why should a girl be married at 25?! shouldnt she find MISTER RIGHT 1st?!

2) There is a very low chance that these two will get married, The girl won't wait for the average Nigerian teenage boy to settle... She'll prolly be pushed into marriage a few years after she leaves university (by 22-25) to marry a far older and settled guy.....

and there is absolutely nothing wrong if this happens......this teenage love would just be an experience for the both of them.

3) The relationship might get boring, Peer pressure, wrong input from media,then the girls get naïve, and wanto step up the relationship by having sex, and she loses her virginity.. All in the name of "first love".. At 15

all what you wrote above can happen whether at 15, 20, 33 or 40. everyone should do what they desire in order to keep their 1st love alive.

4) Some of these Teens get this "Love" into their head, all the time from commitments and emotional stress, heartbreak maybe, all the time they spend on messengers talking to themselves ends up affecting their academics and causing low grades..

are older students also affected or is it just 15-17yr olds? what about older people and how love affect their profession etc?

5) The boy really has nothing to offer and cannot even adequately take care of himself..

what has that got to do with 1st love? do you really think that at that age the girl will be asking him for Brazilian hair, BBM, school fees etc?
why do you think it is called teenage love? cant they both still live at their parents, be taken care of by their parents and be in love?!

2 Likes

Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by b3llo(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
I think they say experience is the best teacher.
Fun and experience are the essence behind teenage dating. Gracias...
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
The essence of teenage love, is to love a teenager with essence. shocked
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Jerrick(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
mstik: Actually, I think it's hard to find genuine teen love. When I was in secondary school, I used to marvel at the rate which girls used to date boys. The 'relationship' could last for two months before they broke up and moved to a new partner. Sometimes, you could find a particular boy that has dated a group of friends. I guess they just went into the relationships for fun or to be among those that have boyfriends/girlfriends.
My point is, I think dating should be for the mature minded.
You nailed it! smiley
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by mstik(f): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
smiley
Jerrick: You nailed it! smiley
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by daryoor(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2014
the essense is love, from puberté is either you are in love or there is a void. anyother thing you guys say is all just details
Re: Serious Question: What Is The Essence Of Teenage Love? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
majour: Well to me the issue here is simple, truth is, the essence of dating is widely favored on the ideal that it exposes u on how to relate with the opposite sex.
Prepares u for the responsibility ahead, makes u better, cus u won't want to be doing trier and error wen ur suppose to be exhibiting perfection
great,so they both knw they re using themselves for practicals uh?

(1) (Reply)

I Think Am Loosing It / How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife / Me And Beyonce... (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.