Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

What Is The Essence Of Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Essence Of Dating? (15981 Views)

The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / Whats The Essence Of Been A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2012
Dating has been a tradition in the recent world. What is d need for it; to have sex,to kiss always,to see someone u will always tell " I love u",to be happy or to have someone to think about? I think there should be a very important sole reason for dating other than d lists above. If not that means we're all lost.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by k2039: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
It's a time to know each other more, discuss about your future together, a time to project a possible future and see if you are compatible, also to know how far you can tolerate each other.

If you are satisfied, you proceed to courtship, in courtship you scrutinise your partner with a microscope. You design, model and simulate your future with parameters like, doctrine,perception towards life, goals, family background, intelligence etc.

If you are satisfied, with the outcomes of your simulation, you can then proceed to marriage.

Note: Simulation represent ideality and it varies from real life situation, but it should give you a very likely outcome.

18 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by whitelexi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
Question: What Is The Essence Of Dating?

Answer: Dating has been a tradition in the recent world. What is d need for it; to Be Intimate,to kiss always,to see someone u will always tell " I love u",to be happy or to have someone to think about

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2012
It's a transition period with many (many!) variables. Like any unassisted chemical reaction, a collision of no less than 2 bodies must occur, then nature reigns.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by tobechi20(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2012
Just to feel like ure maried

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Holorunloseyi(m): 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2012
tobechi20: Just to feel like ure maried
nah Ω̶̣̣̥̇̊oτ̣̣̥ feeling lik married but the share of Love
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Gabrielsylar(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2012
To create jobs......
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Sunymoore(m): 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
To test the test of girls toto, s

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by UfuomaUN(m): 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
Dating is mutual agreement by two persons to have sex whenever they deem necessary... grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by ebamma3: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
dating has no essence or importance,its just a bandwagon activity

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by warrikid(m): 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2012
Flytefalls: It's a transition period with many (many!) variables. Like any unassisted chemical reaction, a collision of no less than 2 bodies must occur, then nature reigns.
#classic
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Phrankin(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
[size=18pt]No Idea. Sorry, i don't know the answer. I'm sorry.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
The Essence I say is in two forms which is 'To Screw and to get screwed'
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
To prepare yourself for the big task of maraige and to test the forbidden fruit .the benefits are too much to enumerate

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
In the present age to confirm how good he/she is in bed. So that other ppl will not help you perform your bleeping duty.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by UfuomaUN(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
ebamma 3: dating has no essence or importance,its just a bandwagon activity
Are you saying this because you don't have a partner yet?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by mu2sa2: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
Fornication
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by UfuomaUN(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2012
Are you saying this because you don't have a partner yet? wink
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Adufaye(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
Boys: 2 dey nak apako wen Hot... grin

Girls: 2 dey ask 4 little change wen dey cnt ask der parent's

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
you can say whatever sweet thing you like about dating, but as a father, The day you watch your daughter being picked up by her date(a stranger), you must surely feel like handing over your suitcase to armed robbers. walahai!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
dating is just an oppurtunity to sample pussie or ddick before deciding to commit
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
@OP.... Are the reasons you gave above not enough. You've hit the nail on the head already.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Detonatorrex(m): 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2012
for the sole purpose of straffinGgrin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by pekelepekele(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2012
Dating is like test driving a vehicle you about to purchase.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Detonatorrex(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: To create jobs......
grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by bryanzanusgmai(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2012
it is medium to know each other very well,and also to share their love and care that will lead them into future plan
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by UfuomaUN(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
4direct: Something tells me that I shouldn't date until the world makes sense again. ppl dont know the meaning of date here
Then teach 'em.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by duality(m): 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2012

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2012
Chukskalidon: Dating has been a tradition in the recent world. What is d need for it; to have sex,to kiss always,to see someone u will always tell " I love u",to be happy or to have someone to think about? I think there should be a very important sole reason for dating other than d lists above. If not that means we're all lost.

Good evening,
The word "dating" has really been abused by a lot of persons in recent times. So many really do not know what it means to date. Some persons believe that dating is an avenue to have sex, while some others believe that dating has to do with being with someone you love. These are very wrong notions about dating. Though the second notion I mentioned is good but really does not tell us what dating is about.

I believe at this juncture an attempt at a definition is in order. I see dating as a platform where two consenting adults go out socially in order to decipher if both of them are compatible enough to start up a relationship while having marriage in view.

By the above we could readily see that dating does not imply that someone has already started a relationship with the other person and it certainly does not imply sex. We can also see that it is very possible to have a date with someone we are not yet in love with. From the above definition, dating is part of the series of events that takes place before someone agrees to start a relationship with another.

It is very important to know that, dating actually affords us the opprtunity, of getting to answer some of the questions we might want answered before we start anything. Questions bothering on genotype, religious views, sex etc should come up here cause it would be useless to say yes to someone only to break up tomorrow because of some of these unanswered questions.

In a nutshell I believe dating is needed cause it helps one verify his orr her compatibility with the person he or she is considering for a relationship.

Thank you!

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Dating? by 2nedo(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
Where is this 'Billionaire' of a guy,i miss u bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Neighbour's Wife Wants Sex With Me / What Was Your First Kiss Like? / 12 Surprising Facts About Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.