Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander (25747 Views)

Over 110 Boko Haram Terrorists killed in Damboa, Borno State / Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos / Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2014
obayaya: This is really pathetic!!!

Boko Haram derive strength from the support of their numerous sympathisers. It makes them believe people are supporting them and increase their morale.

The moment ppl stop sympathizing with Boko Haram, this Insurgency will die a natural death.
Gbam!!

4 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Descartes: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2014
Mynd44:
It would have if the OP was not silly/petty/childish enough to add insults.
See arrangee shocked shocked shocked
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2014
otokx:

The logic does not add up, looks like lie lie.
Of course, it wouldn't add up based on supporter of APC logic

4 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2014
This is the true insider story of what actually happened in Damboa(I found this on a legit website about PSYOP and MISO online):

Damboa: A Turning Point.
Background

Damboa is a town and local government area (County or Parish to non-Nigerians) roughly 85km (53miles) south of Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State in North-East Nigeria. The local government area (LGA) hosts a population of around 350,00 persons with up to 80,000 in Damboa Town itself.

Damboa Town has a full Army Infantry battalion (Motorized) deployed in it along with up to a hundred police men of the Nigerian Police Force based there too. For two weeks a continuous under-reported battle has been raging with there with the Yusufiyya/Boko Haram groups (Jamaa’atu Ahlis-Sunnah of Sheikh Bukar Al-Barnawi, Jamaa’atu Ahlis-Sunnah of Abubakar Shekau, Ansorul-Muslimiin and Harakatul-Muhajiriin) joining forces and lunching a combined assault involving at least three full infantry battalion-size units (Nigerian standard= 510 per battalion).

Before this assault, the combined Yusufiyya forces had launched their first conventional campaign in April this year that had seen them push the military out of Talasla, Ajigin, Mangozam, Abima, and Kworua, thus cutting off Damboa Town (these villages are all around Damboa Tow) except for the highway northwards to Maiduguri that is still under government control, although extremely risky to use for non-military transports. The assault on Damboa Town was the culmination of this campaign.

The battle for Damboa Town began on 25th June when insurgent forces comprised mostly of Harakatul-Muhajiriin and some Ansorul-Muslimiin fighters, overran a military post 5km outside the town killing 21 soldiers and wounding dozens more. Hours later hundreds of insurgents (this time mostly from Ansorul-Muslimiin with the two Jamaa’atu Ahlis-Sunnah of Sheikh Bukar and Abubakar Shekau supplying a minority of the fighters) in Toyota pickups and utilizing dozens of captured Otokar APCs and BTR-3s would storm the town following intensive shelling from 75mm recoiless rifles and 81mm mortars for an hour or so.

The initial push into town would leave up to 30 soldiers dead including the battalion commander Lt. Col Shonva and the insurgents would press the attack until 5:00AM 26th June when they would break off the attack leaving a further 20 policemen dead in their wake including the local police commander.

Pulling back the insurgents instead concentrated on harassing government forces inside town with sniper and mortar attacks, until the soldiers and policemen began a controlled pullout. On July 7th, they again launched full scale combat operations (with increased troop strength on their part), overrunning the Army barracks after several hours of fighting which culminated in a full scale retreat by the soldiers. some 53 insurgents and 31 soldiers are killed and over a hundred more soldiers are injured, many of them badly. After the retreat of the Army to positions northwards along the highway to Maiduguri, it emerged that the rebels captured the battalion’s armouries almost intact many of which were newly delivered including dozens of APCs, 57.5mm Anti-Aircraft guns, hundreds of GPMGs, over fifty RPG-7 with several hundred rockets, over a hundred anti-tank missiles and some launchers, dozens of towed 75mm and 105mm howitzers with several thousand shells etc.

Following the rout and retreat of the Army and the Police, the defence of the town fell to local civil defence militias aka Civilian Joint Task Forces (CJTFs). Sevral thousand CJTF fighters from Maiduguri and other nearby towns and cities poured into Damboa by 10th July, setting off Phase IV of the fighting.

Airforce jets drop some bombs on 10th and 11th July, but the Airforce High Command soon rules out further operations due to heavy Anti-Aircraft flak from insurgent positions.

Army launches operations to re-enter and retake the town on 11th and 13th July, but the operations are called off after advancing troops are ambushed along Damboa-Biu and Damboa-Maiduguri highways by fighters from Harakatul-Muhajiriin and Ansorul-Muslimiin. At least a dozen troops are killed.

On 16th July, reports surface from Damboa Town that Khalid Al-Barnawi and over three hundred ‘shock troops’ from Harakatul-Muhajiriin have arrived to take charge of rooting the several thousand CJTF fighters in the town. Al-Barnawi is the Amir/Leader of Harakatul-Muhajiriin Wal-Mujahidiin (Movement Of Those Who Have Migrated And Those Who Strive/Struggle) the most capable of all the insurgent forces battling the government collectively named Boko Haram.

On 17th July, combined Boko Haram forces launch offensive combat operations to clear the CJTF forces from their positions in the town. This operations are spearheaded by Harakatul-Muhajiriin’s elite commandos wth Khalid Al-Barnawi said to be the theatre commander.

Fighting rages throughout the whole day and night of 17th July, well into the next morning. Local media reports an unspecified number of people were killed and most of the town’s few remaining residents (many of the civilians had already run away when the campaign began) had fled into the bushes.

CJTF commanders acknowledge that most of the town is under insurgent control (18th July) with the Imam of the town and the local government chairman dying in the fighting, and possibly ‘hundreds’ of their men killed in the last phase of the battle. Most of the town is in ruins. Bodies are still being collected of CJTF personnel (19th July). Military sources confirm the defeat but decline to give casualty figures.

2 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Rikidony(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2014
luvmijeje: If the whole community were indeed supporting the insurgents, then why would boko-haram ransacked the whole place?

They keep giving excuses for their failures.
did u read the post at allundecidedundecided

4 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2014
Mynd44:
It would have if the OP was not silly/petty/childish enough to add insults.
I'm now on my knees, begging the all-powerful Mynd44 for front page. Nonsense!

Meanwhile, you could still have passed your message across without insults

15 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by smudge2079(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2014
If Jack Bauer is not with dem, den dey are no commando
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Barselonia(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2014
this Na film
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2014
earthgreeners: According to my LIE DETECTOR!!!!.. This thread pass the lie test
OK Sir
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by banki(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2014
oh please ....

all I know is that innocent people are dieing and others are busy pointing fingers.....The president along with his army chiefs must ensure peace and security in the land that's what they are paid to do....

stop pointing fingers at eachother and do the damn job I don't want to know effort I want to see results

2 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by kendrick93(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2014
isn't there any worthwhile topic on fp?
everyday boko haram dis,boko haram dat.. its gettin tiresome
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by jericco1(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2014
Lol supreme commandos quite funny xha, I wish them luck
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Ahuitzotl: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2014
Hope they aren't sending these fine soldiers to the front without adequate close air support or artillery cover...

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by signz: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2014
shymexx: This is the true insider story of what actually happened in Damboa(I found this on a legit website about PSYOP and MISO online):

Its unfortunate that our.only credible source Siriusblack has been ordered to stop. If not.he would’ve confirmed the story from your website is true.or.not
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by MadCow1: 8:39am On Jul 30, 2014
600 of These?! shocked shocked

R.I.P Boko HAram.

2 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2014
berem: you just spoke my mind!
Nigeria Army giving excuse for their failures since 1879.

These are men and women who have died and are still putting their lives on the line for our security...and this is all you can say....smh

10 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by bigass(f): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2014
Then APC should be wiped out because they suport boko haram
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Once a terrorist..always a terrorist

4 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by bigass(f): 8:44am On Jul 30, 2014

open your eyes APC is not the way forward. How much are you paid. You need to refund the money you are being paid. You are useless

8 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by olumuyiolaoluwa: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2014
Some E.diat are making cool BLOOD money from this sh.1t.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Izzitalks: 8:48am On Jul 30, 2014
How do I start a new topic pls. I am new on nairaland
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by EbolaGoingHam(m): 8:50am On Jul 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Few days ago, a Nlander (ugo4u), opened a thread titled "The Insider Story Of Damboa Invasion" where he revealed amongst other things that Damboa was successfully ransacked by Boko Haram because the military left the community to their fate due to connivance of the town with Boko Haram in the past.

Below is a quote from that thread

For some of us, we were not surprised by the insider story because I have always believed that Boko Haram is still active today in the north simply because of the support they ENJOY from local communities. That is the truth. Once that support is withdrawn, Boko Haram will be like fish out of water and they will be routed.

But as for APC e-goats, who are haters of the truth and known sympathisers of Boko Haram for political reasons, the Nlander committed sacrilege for giving us that insider perspective. They launched massive onslaught on ugo4u and discredited both the messenger and the message.

Well, Punch has since corroborated that insider story in one of its report today, which is reproduced below

sometimes i feel like the president should only use igbo soldiers in the north, because the civil war is still fresh in their memory, so when they think about what the hausa's did to them during the civil war, they will be over motivated to erase both boko haram and all hausa's in that community.
My thought tho

EBOLA > H.I.V

2 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2014
Can't they just do it quietly? We want results not proposals.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Danhumprey: 8:53am On Jul 30, 2014
noblezone: This thread will never make progress. OP. Forget front page!

If you want to make it "big " on Nairaland, start threads that say something againsr Jonathan.
now, it's on Frontpage even against your wildest imagination that it won't make Frontpage.

See your life?

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 30, 2014
signz:
Its unfortunate that our.only credible source Siriusblack has been ordered to stop. If not.he would’ve confirmed the story from your website is true.or.not

I got it from a legit website I visit regularly for PSYOP and MISO in the west and Euroasia, and they started the Nigerian section a few weeks ago. I was actually shocked when I saw it. Also, those who run the website are vetted - and they post inside information, and I doubt the guy made the story up.

I was initially going to create a thread for it, to educate people how what boko haram actually is - and how powerful the group is. The different factions, which faction runs which axis, and what their operation looks like. You'd be shocked that Shekau's faction isn't actually the strongest of the bunch, and according to the insider who posts about Nigeria on there, Shekau's faction runs the Yobe axis -while the other three run the remaining areas.

Hopefully, by the tail end of sept/oct when I've got more time on my hands...I'll create a thread with updates. It's deeper than rap - Nigerians have no clue whatsoever about what they're dealing with.

I'm out!

14 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by kethoja(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2014
. For once in ur life please praise their efforts , abi e easy to carry gun ? If e easy ur papa for nor die for arm robber work......

3 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by zurine(f): 8:55am On Jul 30, 2014
wow
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by masciv: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2014
shymexx: This is the true insider story of what actually happened in Damboa(I found this on a legit website about PSYOP and MISO online):

This is really war and not just anti-crime fighting. Really hope the Nigerian Military would be more effective and organised in their approach to this war
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2014
Who is in charge here?
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by hakku: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2014
Potbelly commandos you mean.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by overhypedsteve(m): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2014
luvmijeje: If the whole community were indeed supporting the insurgents, then why would boko-haram ransacked the whole place?

They keep giving excuses for their failures.
you some fools liked your post. Pity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Invite Amaechi Others Over Alleged N1trn Rail Contract Scam / Yero, El-rufai Win Polling Units / Thugs destroyed Ballot boxes in Baba Ewe Polling unit, Okota, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.