Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander (25746 Views)

Over 110 Boko Haram Terrorists killed in Damboa, Borno State / Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos / Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by victorv12(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2014
They should not use the word commando to make us believe they're ontop of the situation. Do we've any commando in Nigeria at all?! It's better said when they say they're deploying unknown soldiers not commandos.

The only place we have commandos in our beloved country is the national assembly. Those are the only commandos we know. Financial commandos! 20 BILLION DOLLARS missing!!!

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by coolvitus(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2014
Ds aboki ppl why they no go allow us rest now they where ppl who where @ d back of ds boko haram and now they ar helpless where by diverting our economy to fght self made epidemic when we have other sectors to look after.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by myspnigeria: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2014
We will overcome it one day
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by overhypedsteve(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2014
creserve:

They are just being rational!and indeed if the Army can really protect them adequately,why will they be supporting BH? My take here is that they feel the Army cant really shield them from the boko boys,thus the town folks will rather give BH their support in fear that if the military is defeated they will be at the mercy of BH! It is actually a dicey situation! Just like some bigwigs from the region that were accused of sponsoring BH,they give BH money because they know the govt cannot protect them against the killer group,their choice therefore is either to give BH whatever support they want secretly or deny them and get killed with your family!The govt actually need to do more to assure people of adequate protection.
see to take up Arms against the state is illegal and any person or body supporting such action is treacherous, i wonder why the Army didnt run down the village themselves
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by brownlords: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2014
bigass:

open your eyes APC is not the way forward. How much are you paid. You need to refund the money you are being paid. You are useless

Talk is cheap, You want her to refund money and abandon her only source of income abi?

Maybe you don't know striking keyboard is her full time job, which married woman will be on the internet 1AM, 3AM, shebi na Oga holy pass when em go dey blow empty every night?

4 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Firefire(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2014
Death to the enemy of Nigeria. angry
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by sirwilly1(m): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Ward B, room 11, Yaba-left maternity ward
Talking out of experience. You dey miss the place? #justpassing

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by mu2sa2: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2014
luvmijeje: If the whole community were indeed supporting the insurgents, then why would boko-haram ransacked the whole place?

They keep giving excuses for their failures.
The truth is that the soldiers flee sometimes abandoning their weapons on hint of impending boko haram attack. That's why you see bh boys with heavy weapons including armoured vehicles. In a nutshell, the c-in-c and his troops have no balls to take on boko haram.Having realized this, Shekau is taking the fight to Abuja and no one should be surprised if Aso Rock itself is targeted Some paid eediots are brainless with their posts - the same people that bh are killing with reckless abandon are the ones collaborating with their killers! These guys should rather go and join their doomed fellow travellers in the Abacha-style 1 million-man gej-we-beg -you-contest rally instead of exhibiting their stupidity here.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by abdullkabar(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2014
tomakint: The truth is that, give any junk to APC e-goats (provided it is against the person of His Excellency, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan), they will fall for it without considering the source . However, give them the real thing where Jonathan is not implicated, they immediately go on rage as children of anger. @ Op, thanks for this news!
This got me wondering(WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM GAN)...must it always be the other parties fault or something(tho I dint bother to read ur comment)...no wonder we ar stuck in religious war.
We are always looking for someone to blame
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by iconize(m): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2014
At this moment what we should be reading is "FG deploys 600 commandos..." And not "FG to deploy...."
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by tomakint: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
You've been missing in action for sometime. Welcome back!
My brother I have been so busy these days (which is good) as much as I want to be keenly involved like I used to my time is not allowing me to flow. Thanks for the care bro!
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Boko haram is politics.goodluck have settled some boko haram segment with oil wells in the person of sherrif.he is hoping to settle more before 2015.

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by bIoodykiller: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2014
berem: Ifeanyichukwu, good morning and how was your night? I hope you slept well? cheesy cool

my loff watsup
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by englishmart(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2014
berem: Ifeanyichukwu, good morning and how was your night? I hope you slept well? cheesy cool
LOL!
Is this why we are here
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Superstar007(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Descartes: Ewoo!! Does it mean that Nigeria has been marked for slaughter shocked shocked shocked

No be small thing oh embarassed
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
some people here build thier "facts" based on asumption and rumours..many other swallow the freshly"asumd facts" as News.hook line and sinker..God help some nigerians..nice work though@op
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Mbediogu(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=Sincere9gerian]Few days ago, a Nlander (ugo4u), opened a thread titled "The Insider Story Of Damboa Invasion" where he revealed amongst other things that Damboa was successfully ransacked by Boko Haram because the military left the community to their fate due to connivance of the town with Boko Haram in the past.

Below is a quote from that thread

For some of us, we were not surprised by the insider story because I have always believed that Boko Haram is still active today in the north simply because of the support they ENJOY from local communities. That is the truth. Once that support is withdrawn, Boko Haram will be like fish out of water and they will be routed.

But as for APC e-goats, who are haters of the truth and known sympathisers of Boko Haram for political reasons, the Nlander committed sacrilege for giving us that insider perspective. They launched massive onslaught on ugo4u and discredited both the messenger and the message.

Well, Punch has since corroborated that insider story in one of its report today, which is reproduced below

i dont know the dictates of doctrine in this situation. My humble suggestion is total evacuation of people of that town and placement of a cordon facing the direction of the enemy. A clear war front must be created. Everything must be done to convert this insurgency into a conventional warfare. I guess the 40 gunship plaforms are pointing in that direction. Thereafter, there should be no mercy. Thieves should be hung not for stealing horses but that horses SHOULD NOT be stolen. Enough is enough.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by DaVinChiSam(m): 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
luvmijeje: If the whole community were indeed supporting the insurgents, then why would boko-haram ransacked the whole place?

come one what kind of silly Logic is this?
Boko Haram is a terrorist group which means they do not have to be rational. if the report says they ransacked the village why is it a surprise for you(s)? If they were acting on rationality then they wouldn't be terrorists now would they?

If una see true make una talk am if not na una own terrorism worse pass

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Ryda(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
*Clap *clap *clap
it doesn't mean their planned attack wont be leaked...thats d motto mah niqqa.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Brandomg: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
obayaya: This is really pathetic!!!

Boko Haram derive strength from the support of their numerous sympathisers. It makes them believe people are supporting them and increase their morale.

The moment ppl stop sympathizing with Boko Haram, this Insurgency will die a natural death.
I hope all of you really believe what you are writing. There is nothing like local support but BH members living in disguise or those afraid of been killed. The Army is COMPLICIT and are deliberately supplying BH with arms full stop. You people are here on Naira land blindly supporting whatever this Govt does, even as you all know of the evil it is perpetrating probably cos it is not happening on your land. Perhaps it is the only contribution you guys can give in your quest to bring the North down. I have read so much falsehood and disinformation here on Naira land from the comments people make. It is very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by papadjaji: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2014

Why was d place ransacked? Cos ammunation I flenty poh dia.

How can they have amunation there? Cos dey chose bh over 9ja and decided to help bh in warehousing dr ammunation.

Do u think after NA left the area they tried to make profits from bh's things in dr custody? Yes, dts y bh phukt them both back n front!
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by atlwireles: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
The only people pretending to be surprised, at this news are the passive/active boko haram supporters on NL. They are waiting for the army to solve a problem, their Emirs and Imams can solve in 30 mins. You can wait till hell freezes over, because its not going to happen. Boko haram are the okada riders, traders, sons, wives and political leaders in the NE. Pretend all you want, nothing will change this fact.

3 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
abdullkabar:
This got me wondering(WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM GAN)...must it always be the other parties fault or something(tho I dint bother to read ur comment)...no wonder we ar stuck in religious war.
We are always looking for someone to blame

This is one of the things I don't really understand about Nigeria. I often wonder if people realize that it takes only one stupid mistake and Nigeria can quickly go up in flames like Rwanda. I wonder why people are still talking about party politics when Nigeria is faced with a serious threat.
Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder with some people actively trying to light it up, one of such attempts was the assassination attempt on Buhari. Thank God it failed, the PDP and the president would have been in a bigger problem than APC.
Someone should please tell the president that blaming the APC will not be an option if the keg is successfully set on fire.

2 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
overhypedsteve: see to take up Arms against the state is illegal and any person or body supporting such action is treacherous, i wonder why the Army didnt run down the village themselves

My guy, if military invade that town, u go knw say Hague dey real, Amnesty Int'l will use the NA shine. U never see anything, even US go sama us one big sanction that even the president go enter inside dey cry.

These tin be like lice for ur dat big large blokos, hit am, u go feel am nah, u leave am, u go hear am too.
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by texazzpete(m): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
I'm filled with a sad sense of resignation as I read the OP and the fellow m0r0ns that chimed in in support of his inane post. Are you people sane?!

The Nigerian Army is meant to safeguard the lives and property of Nigerian citizens. Of the people in Damboa, hundreds are innocent men, women and children with absolutely no ties to Boko Haram. What is the common sense in deserting primary duties of securing taxpaying citizens because you feel miffed?

We condemned the wanton blame of an entire village for the actions of a few in Odi. We must also condemn this.

Stop defending the incompetence and FAILURE of the Nigerian Army to protect the people of Damboa from Boko Haram by bringing forward imbecilic theories. Even if a town is 'infested' with Boko Haram elements, it does not mean the ordinary people of the village are sympathizers. Afterall, is it not fear that the likes of ISIS and Al-Shabaab use to keep populations cowed?

3 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by atlwireles: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
texazzpete: I'm filled with a sad sense of resignation as I read the OP and the fellow m0r0ns that chimed in in support of his inane post. Are you people sane?!

The Nigerian Army is meant to safeguard the lives and property of Nigerian citizens. Of the people in Damboa, hundreds are innocent men, women and children with absolutely no ties to Boko Haram. What is the common sense in deserting primary duties of securing taxpaying citizens because you feel miffed?

We condemned the wanton blame of an entire village for the actions of a few in Odi. We must also condemn this.

Stop defending the incompetence and FAILURE of the Nigerian Army to protect the people of Damboa from Boko Haram by bringing forward imbecilic theories. Even if a town is 'infested' with Boko Haram elements, it does not mean the ordinary people of the village are sympathizers. Afterall, is it not fear that the likes of ISIS and Al-Shabaab use to keep populations cowed?

Present one single proof, the PEOPLE of Odi killed or help kill one single policeman, before their town was burnt to the ground.

3 Likes

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by robinsoncrosoe: 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
atlwireles: The only people pretending to be surprised, at this news are the passive/active boko haram supporters on NL. They are waiting for the army to solve a problem, their Emirs and Imams can solve in 30 mins. You can wait till hell freezes over, because its not going to happen. Boko haram are the okada riders, traders, sons, wives and political leaders in the NE. Pretend all you want, nothing will change this fact.
u jst said it all
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Chienex24(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2014

Seems you didn't read the post well; a fall-out occured btw the boko boys & the community b4 they were attacked!!!

1 Like

Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Danhumprey: now, it's on Frontpage even against your wildest imagination that it won't make Frontpage.

See your life?

hahahahaaha!

Yes, it has made front page!
great it did!
Now what happened to my "life"?
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by prolific1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
sheguy: These is exactly what i have been saying that some northern leaders are the once protecting this miscreant called BH therefore making our military to be incompetent.
. Northern Leaders protected them in Abuja also, Right? U gotta be kidding me
Re: Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander by prolific1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
robinsoncrosoe: u jst said it all
And Ain't u just FOOLISH beyond imagination

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Segalink Shares Video Of El-Zakzaky Preaching Against Killings, Nigerians React / Terrorists Kill Two Nigerian Soldiers Along Notorious Abuja-Kaduna Expressway / Yero, El-rufai Win Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.