Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity (10571 Views)

American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft / The Genesis Of The Crisis Of Terrorism In Nigeria / Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by haitto99(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2014
0rlando0woh:
What a shame!
A large chunk of your land is right now under their lock and key, you are here giving people kudos for an imaginary victory.
Victory indeed!
this guy is an escaped sick slowpoke from d benin psychiatric hospital
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2014
Wily2wily:
You are the one I have to ask, Why are you people so obsessed with a free gift (Lagos) given to Igbos by Nigerians.
Every day Lagos dis Lagos dat from you people as if lagos belong to Yorubas,
Let me make it clear to you TonyTony, Lagos is a no mans land, a gift given to Igbos by Nigerians, get dat into your ear OK, ni o ṣe gbọ ohun ti mo so

hahahahahaha........you are such a big time fuuul....lagos belongs to you, yet the governor and political office holders are yorubas. Does that mean you are slaves and mere follow follow in a place that belongs to you? It belongs to you, yet fashola casted many of you back to gully erosion and nothing happened. It belongs to you, yet you have to obey and comply with rules as laid down by omo onile in lagos. It belongs to you, yet the traditional rulers are yorubas. Since it belongs to you, you should have installed a Igbo as oba of lagos or onikoyi of ikoyi now. Was this not how it belonged to you before the civil war? And how come all of you shell-shoked Igbos had to run away from a place that belong to you? Your steupidity is monumental.

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 11:32am On Jul 31, 2014
fx45:
Such a day will never come... We know the antecedents of the said owner. A complete takeover is imminent. It happened before in Illorin. Lagos is slowly ticking away... Just a question of time. The situation is what can be termed as 'Economic and Social Jihad'

hmmmmm. Typical of a daydreamer.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Chamack: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2014
Never knew illorin belonged to the yorubas, try and salvage the situation but I doubt cos blood gonna flow.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2014
barackodam:

Nooo!!!!

I keep telling my Hausa friends, if Nigeria splits, no doubt about it, we are going to the south. Its so obvious. One way or the other, I was pained when I realized Kwara isn't lucky enuf to be gvn state.

I just so much want liberation, freedom from those northerner of a ppl.

It sucks!!!!

Sorry bro..Just pray that Nigeria doesn't split, cos if it does, the north won't leave kwara without a fight. Even arewa loudmouths like Junaid Mohammed have made that abundantly clear.

The kwara issue remains a smear to yoruba Politico-religious integrity... grin

Brave yorubamen do not exist... grin

7 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Chamack: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2014
Bendalo u be fine babe o, u be south african?
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2014
dozzybaba:

Sorry bro..Just pray that Nigeria doesn't split, cos if it does, the north won't leave kwara without a fight. Even arewa loudmouths like Junaid Mohammed have made that abundantly clear.

Who cares about the Ilorins??

I tell u, we ain't following them.
If u stay in Lagos and u go to Ijora to get vehicle going to
Offa, oro, omu-aran, ajasse etc, you'd see that they inscribe "Kwara south transport association" on it.

So that tells u we differ!!!

They better stay clear, if dey try, na den dem go no say there's something called revolution.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Chamack: 11:45am On Jul 31, 2014
dozzybaba:

dozzy aka slayer!
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2014
The annoying thing is that the fulanis hv that mindset all.

One was telling .e proudly, few months ago, how they wud. Conquer Nigeria, how they h. Conquered Ilorin etc....it was piercing, u no, but I kept mute
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Chamack: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2014
Orlandoowoh where are thou? Wanna know your take about fulla takeover of illorin?
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2014
barackodam: The annoying thing is that the fulanis hv that mindset all.

One was telling .e proudly, few months ago, how they wud. Conquer Nigeria, how they h. Conquered Ilorin etc....it was piercing, u no, but I kept mute

But it's true na, they conquered hausas and dominate them, moved southwards conquered Yorubas in kwara and use the muslims there to cause Katata in the SW.
Today they are angry that GEJ has curtailed their excessive powers and see even see GEJ as Igbo. Ever wondered why the fulanis (not hausas) are the Gej's greatest opposition?..frm Buhari to el-rufai to Sanusi. Hausas are even favoured in this dispensation than previously when Fulani held sway but Islam has blinded them to this reality.

The part i don't get is many of your yoruba brothers even in the SW(esp muslims) are eager to see a return to Fulani dominance. Does Islam replace human brain with mud after conversion?.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chamack: dozzy aka slayer!

Hahaha..Nwa aba. Na the 'job' we una give me i dey do o..cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Chamack: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
dozzybaba:

Hahaha..Nwa aba. Na the 'job' we una give me i dey do o..cheesy
Hahahhahhahah dozzy onye guy. Ina egbu ndia egbu too much.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by gratiaeo(m): 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yoruba are Cowards

6 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by 0rlando0woh: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
gratiaeo: Yoruba are Cowards
Even google knows that.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Confirmer(m): 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Why are you people crying over another man's headache?
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tonytony208(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
gratiaeo: Yoruba are Cowards

yeah; they are so cowardly enough to turn biafra to land of kwachiokor. Yeah, they are true cowards.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
dozzybaba:

But it's true na, they conquered hausas and dominate them, moved southwards conquered Yorubas in kwara and use the muslims there to cause Katata in the SW.
Today they are angry that GEJ has curtailed their excessive powers and see even see GEJ as Igbo. Ever wondered why the fulanis (not hausas) are the Gej's greatest opposition?..frm Buhari to el-rufai to Sanusi. Hausas are even favoured in this dispensation than previously when Fulani held sway but Islam has blinded them to this reality.

The part i don't get is many of your yoruba brothers even in the SW(esp muslims) are eager to see a return to Fulani dominance. Does Islam replace human brain with mud after conversion?.. grin

You are one million times wrong.

They Neva conquered Kwara, they only conquered Ilorin!!!

I can name cities that don't hv fulanis for you, my Ilorin brothers Are just,.(I don't even hv a precise adjective to qualify em)

And to ur question....please, don't generalize that, not everyone
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by highchiefpee(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
:DThat's ma hommie,ogedengbe is actually frm my village formerly olorisa now olorunsogo in atakunmosa east local govt am so damn proud to originate frm ijeshaland,proudly ijesha till I die
Konmight:

I just like the dude and my Ijesha clan.

We resisted Oyos for years. Even though Oyo eventually captured Ijeshaland and ruled us for some years, Ijeshas later teamed up with Ekitis to liberate themselves from the murdarfuckarz.

So, what do Oyos have to show for their years of conquests apart from losing Ilorin to the Fulanis due their own stepeeditiesss.

One of the reasons why I really don't like Oyos.

We are all equal before almighty God.

We are all Yorubas.

Why would you leave Oyoland to come and fight and conquer my people then make us your subject/slave when we are all Yorubas?

I think the Oyos got served. Yes, Eledumare punished them by through Sheikh wanene.

God punish devil.

I Rep Ijesha for Life. We don't take shiiit from any murdarfuckarz, we will face you and send you to hell fire.

Proudly Ijesha, I simply love my people. We'd rather die there than to be cheated/colonised by a motherfuckerz. We'll resist you till we cut your blockos and liberate ourselves. No murdarfuckars can mess with Ijesha(abi you wan die niiiii?).

Oyo Empire/Umpire or whatever unna call unnaself in Oyoland, what do you people have to show for years of waging war with your fellow Yorubas now?

Too badt for unna.

See unna life outside.

Shiorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Melancholy(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmm.... I see a great revolution coming soon with 2015 predictions, it's a matter of time.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by bendalo(f): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chamack: Bendalo u be fine babe o, u be south african?
. Thankx smiley ... Yeah am South African *
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
So how's south Africa
bendalo: . Thankx smiley ... Yeah am South African *
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by naijaking1: 1:16am On Aug 02, 2014
Too bad, students like me have to go the US to learn the true history of Nigeria.
Afonja is probably the first documented TRAITOR in Nigeria, on national scale!
The history should be taught as such, so that children will learn that such behaviors don't pay on the long run.

The poster stated this point, but not as direct as it should be. The man was simply a traitor.
The story was that Oyo king sent one of his generals(Afonja) to defend and expand the empire northwards. The man succeeded initially, but then a wandering Islamic "scholar" made his acquintance, and began to impress the general, initially from an academic point of view. Then the scholar began to turn Afonja against his own king in Oyo!

Afonja, just like Brutus, turned against his own king, initially defeated the kings army with the help of Fulani friends. Having turned General Afonja against his own king, the Fulani scholar and his people simply strangled the hell out of Afonja, and established himself as the emir of Illorin.
This is a lesson, people like Adaka Boro ought to have learnt before joining forces with Gowon!
Boro actually died just like Afonja!

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by thewarrior72: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2014
Where are the yeruba internet warlords, have they gone into hiding as usual?, but will be quick to dabbled into matters of others with their venomous-like vitriol.... undecided undecided
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Balkan(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2014
anago9010:

coming from collynzo the I.d stealer that is priceless. how far with abandon properties at ikwerre??
no more abandoned property in Rivers state. The land was released to their owners in 1987 by IBB Gazeth. Though before then. Igbo had bought back the land from Ikwerres. ikwerres actaully the inferior Igbo Race. They are not in any way a problem for Igbos because they are efulefus. The way and manner yorubas are selling their land to Igbo in Lagos is pitiful. Lagos will ever remain an annex of Igbo land. We will fight to the last blood to defend it.

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Faun(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2014
When I was pounding these unlettered touts on that Boko Haram Shoprite thread, I made mention of the Ilorin situation, and some of them got emotional over it. I guess the truth was too bitter for them to swallow.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by naijaking1: 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
Afonja ' s greed and betrayal was of epic proportion , and should be a good lesson in all African elementary school class rooms. Why it's not so is even more surprising.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by naijaking1: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
shocked
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by theSpark(m): 9:36am On Aug 03, 2014
naijaking1: Afonja ' s greed and betrayal was of epic proportion , and should be a good lesson in all African elementary school class rooms. Why it's not so is even more surprising.

I tell you, it's a lesson that should resound all over Africa. Let us not raise stupid kids who will turn out to be backstabbing twats and end up losing their territories to marauding invaders.

I will surely warn my children and tell them about afonja's stupidity. I will also hurl thunder from heaven and strike down any of my descendants that attempts something that stupid after am dead and gone.

Am not even yoruba.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by command01(f): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sad..very sad!
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dont be sad, good afternoon lovely
command01: Sad..very sad!
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by emmatok(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
thewarrior72: Where are the yeruba internet warlords, have they gone into hiding as usual?, but will be quick to dabbled into matters of others with their venomous-like vitriol.... undecided undecided

The tread is not worth debating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exxonmobil Donates 5000 Tablets To Kaduna Smart Education Initiative (Photos) / 183 Lawmakers Yet To Sponsor Any Bill As 28 Members Propose 564 Bills / APC Losing Democratic Values, Must Do Away With Money Politics - Lukman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.