Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity (10570 Views)

American Woman Accuses Reno Omokri Of Identity Theft / The Genesis Of The Crisis Of Terrorism In Nigeria / Ilorin And The Crisis Of Fulani Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by bilms(m): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Good morning
command01: Sad..very sad!
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Why you denying ur nigerian heritage
bendalo: . Thankx smiley ... Yeah am South African *
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by bendalo(f): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Unibenstudent: Why you denying ur nigerian heritage
. Nigerian heritage Not even a single drop of blood... Joined coz of a topic I searched on the net tht led me here...
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
But Nigeria is cool, though we have our ups and down, we still rock.what's popping in south Africa
bendalo: . Nigerian heritage Not even a single drop of blood... Joined coz of a topic I searched on the net tht led me here...
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by bendalo(f): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
Unibenstudent: But Nigeria is cool, though we have our ups and down, we still rock.what's popping in south Africa
. SA is great, we have our own share of problems, but life is great no complaints
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ok, thats good, so what u doing for now, that keeps u moving?
bendalo: . SA is great, we have our own share of problems, but life is great no complaints
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by bendalo(f): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
Unibenstudent: Ok, thats good, so what u doing for now, that keeps u moving?
. I work...
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ok how's work
bendalo: . I work...
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
[size=18pt]Obi of Lagos on mind[/size]
we must chase Yoruba people to Benin Republic while their amala and ewedu will be flying in the air grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
barackodam:
Yes!!!!! Exactly

#proudkwarasoutherner
which one is Kwara Southerner again .... Ilorin is the most peaceful city in Nigeria and true that what unified them is Qur'an !!

My friend is a fulani descendant from Ilorin , the fulani hegemony stopped with her Grandmother and his middle name is ''Adebayo'' and the rest are Islamic names !!

Emir of Ilorin is more of religious leader than administrative/political right from time and there has never been any problem until Mohammed Alabi Lawal (Omo laderin) really delved into changing the status quo using his Military tactics but No , He died !!

I think if anything should happened to Nigeria , Ilorin will surely be renegotiated but right now , There can never be any problem regarding the emir !!

I can authoritatively inform you that even Emir of Ilorin speak yoruba to request for his food and sex from his wife !!

Ilorin is the light of Islam to the whole SouthWestern Nigeria and I like it this way !

I'm Kwaran , Iyeru-Okin precisely , E dobale joor ! cheesy
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
haitto99: I see dis thread hitting front page much later...ilorin was a big mistake by both afonja and the alaafin,70% of the present over one million people in ilorin are of yoruba descent and it really feels awkward to be the majority and then being ruled by a minority,nothing can be done now unless nigeria breaks or the present emir passes on,den maybe a sitting governor favourable to the yoruba cause can change things,but am so certain that no change would come without violence,bloody one
Nobody wants anychange in Ilorin which yeye change is that !

Emir of Ilorin is never in Minority infact Ilorin hold more visitors than indigene only for you to get naturalised as time goes on ......

It is the tranquilty and harmony in the city that made it what it is ..... Ilorin emir doesn't even have much in common with the Caliphates and That was obvious during this ramadhan celebration cuz Emir of Ilorin didn't begin Ramadan with Sultan nor celebrate eid with him !

Sulu removed Kolapo for Political reasons in order to being able to break into Northern Hegemony but you know Hausa people are highly egoistic , Ilorin emirates is creating its own sphere and game !!

The Fulanis has been naturalised since more than 200years now and as far as I'm concerned , The fulani has been sycronized into being Yoruba the only thing that differs is the TURBAN instead of crown
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by naijaking1: 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
donroxy: Nobody wants anychange in Ilorin which yeye change is that !

Emir of Ilorin is never in Minority infact Ilorin hold more visitors than indigene only for you to get naturalised as time goes on ......

It is the tranquilty and harmony in the city that made it what it is ..... Ilorin emir doesn't even have much in common with the Caliphates and That was obvious during this ramadhan celebration cuz Emir of Ilorin didn't begin Ramadan with Sultan nor celebrate eid with him !

Sulu removed Kolapo for Political reasons in order to being able to break into Northern Hegemony but you know Hausa people are highly egoistic , Ilorin emirates is creating its own sphere and game !!

The Fulanis has been naturalised since more than 200years now and as far as I'm concerned , The fulani has been sycronized into being Yoruba the only thing that differs is the TURBAN instead of crown

Have you ever wondered why Fulanis are the only tribe capable of naturalizing in other parts of Nigeria? Why do you not naturalized Igbos in Kano and Funta despite having lived peacefully among the Hausas for more than 200 years? Why can't Yorubas naturalize in Port Harcourt despite arriving there with Mr. Harcourt and other people from Sierra Leon when that city was called Igwe-Ocha?
It's not naturalization it's called 'conquest'
The Fulanis under a ploy perfected by Usman dan Fodio conquered Hausa kings 'zarkin' and replced them with 'emirs'. Beginning from Zarkin Gobir, Fodio himself eliminated his former host, friend, and confidant, because he practiced "impure" form of Islam!
After his successful foray into Gobir/Sokoto, he sent his family members to Kano, Katsina, Daura, etc.
So the Zarkin Kano was killed and replaced by emir Kano, and the rest is history, same thing applies to Katsina and other Hausa city states.
Sounds familiar to he situation of Afonja and Alimi in Illorin

The Fulani's have no difficulty adopting to the local languages of the Hausa, and now the Yorubas, but the modus operandi remains their, and theirs only. When was the last time an Hausa man became the emir of Kano? Or a Yoruba man the emir of Illorin
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by homosapien(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
naijaking1:

Have you ever wondered why Fulanis are the only tribe capable of naturalizing in other parts of Nigeria? Why do you not naturalized Igbos in Kano and Funta despite having lived peacefully among the Hausas for more than 200 years? Why can't Yorubas naturalize in Port Harcourt despite arriving there with Mr. Harcourt and other people from Sierra Leon when that city was called Igwe-Ocha?
The Fulanis under a ploy perfected by Usman dan Fodio conquered Hausa kings 'zarkin' and replced them with 'emirs'. Beginning from Zarkin Gobir, Fodio himself eliminated his former host, friend, and confidant, because he practiced "impure" form of Islam!
After his successful foray into Gobir/Sokoto, he sent his family members to Kano, Katsina, Daura, etc.
So the Zarkin Kano was killed and replaced by emir Kano, and the rest is history, same thing applies to Katsina and other Hausa city states.

The Fulani's have no difficulty adopting to the local languages of the Hausa, and now the Yorubas, but the modus operandi remains their, and theirs only. When was the last time an Hausa man became the emir of Kano? Or a Yoruba man the emir of Illorin

Ahlaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari. Does that name sound Hausa/Fulani. That is the name if the Current Emir of ilorin.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Ovamboland(m): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Adelaide2: ^^^^
If Fulani can do it, Igbos can do it too. After all, Yoruba land is for the taking. Hehehehe!!!! Runs for cover

Foolish talk, there was a time time the Borgu and Nupe Kingdom in modern Niger state were tributary states to Oyo and they made yearly payment to maintain peace and buy protection. Same arrangement existed with Dahomey in Benin republic and they had to send their crown prince to Alaafin's court for tutelage and indoctrination. The campaign of Uthman dan fodio coincided with the takeover of ilorin and the pressure of European landing on the coast all served to weaken the power of Oyo empire, and many components states declared independence. At time the Imperial Oyo army with its powerful cavalry had to fight battles on 5 - 6 fronts at the same time.

Do your people have any notable history and imperial past apart from street fighting and wrestling matches?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by tit(f): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
naijaking1:
Afonja is probably the first documented TRAITOR in Nigeria, on national scale!

Hmmm
Another first for we Yorubass!
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by naijaking1: 2:08am On Aug 17, 2014
homosapien:

Ahlaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari. Does that name sound Hausa/Fulani. That is the name if the Current Emir of ilorin.

Oga, when does having a Yoruba middle name make a true blooded Yoruba?
While you're at it how about Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi

Go learn your history well!

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by homosapien(m): 4:47am On Aug 17, 2014
naijaking1:

Sir, I think you should learn the history instead. that Guy is typical Yoruba man, born and bred.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by true2god: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2014
dozzybaba:

Hahaha..Nwa aba. Na the 'job' we una give me i dey do o..cheesy
Nwanne, the good civil servant.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 17, 2014
naijaking1:

The Emir is a Yoruba idiot actually, his wife is the princess of ikirun in osun state sef, everything na politics.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2014
donroxy: which one is Kwara Southerner again .... Ilorin is the most peaceful city in Nigeria and true that what unified them is Qur'an !!

My friend is a fulani descendant from Ilorin , the fulani hegemony stopped with her Grandmother and his middle name is ''Adebayo'' and the rest are Islamic names !!

Emir of Ilorin is more of religious leader than administrative/political right from time and there has never been any problem until Mohammed Alabi Lawal (Omo laderin) really delved into changing the status quo using his Military tactics but No , He died !!

I think if anything should happened to Nigeria , Ilorin will surely be renegotiated but right now , There can never be any problem regarding the emir !!

I can authoritatively inform you that even Emir of Ilorin speak yoruba to request for his food and sex from his wife !!

Ilorin is the light of Islam to the whole SouthWestern Nigeria and I like it this way !

I'm Kwaran , Iyeru-Okin precisely , E dobale joor ! cheesy

Iyeru okin? ?? ??

Hmmm
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
naijaking1:

That's what we are saying.........an Hausa man king-ing on Yoruba.

And they are happy.

It's none of my biz sha
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
barackodam:
Iyeru okin? ?? ??
Hmmm
Olalomi omo Abisu Joko of course from Ijakadi loro........... Haaaa !

My head don swell self cheesy
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by naijaking1: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=homosapie

Sir, I think you should learn the history instead. that Guy is typical Yoruba man, born and bred.[/quote]
You still don't get it.
Until the king of Ilorin becomes an Oba, all these Yoruba -sounding names are nothing but a charade. Like Sanusi Lamido said, Fulani s know who's Fulani and who isn't. Yoruba name or wife doesn't make the emir Yoruba at all.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by barackodam: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
donroxy: Olalomi omo Abisu Joko of course from Ijakadi loro........... Haaaa !

My head don swell self cheesy

Kaare.

Omo ako ni o
smiley

1 Like

Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by JudasPriest: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
This is how the entire yaribanza land will soon end up.
Re: Ilorin, The City Wrapped In A Crisis Of Identity by olyrayy(m): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2021
tonytony208:

let us not cover up our goof bro. We goofed big time. Our forefathers goofed big time. Alaafin and Afonja were too short sighted to see into the future. Afonja came back to himself, but Alaafin was too proud to see beyond his nose. If he had known a day like this would come, he would have helped Afonja to chase out the fulani and am certain Afonja would have accepted Alaafin as his lord afterwards. But ikúbàbáyèyé was only interested in flexing ego. I don't know if there is something yoruba land can do about this.

Aláàfin Aole cursed Yoruba land and said they will never be united.

Check out Afonja: The Rise by Tunde Leye. Very awesome book.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Brussel, Belgium Ahead Of EU-AU Summit / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.