Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

Update On Clara Chime. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Clara Chime. (42713 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation. / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Swagavillage(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
jjjjj
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Descartes: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ruling out any chances of reconciliation, she said although she was separated from her husband, she would begin divorce proceedings after the two years interval as stipulated by the law elapses. tongue tongue tongue
Welcome to the Club!! cool

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tellwisdom: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
What is clara chime ?? I hope its not what I'm thinking? sad
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by virago(f): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Okay but we also learnt she was already dating Chime while he was still married to his ex wife and she was instrumental to the ex wife leaving. At that time she was a colleague/course mate/ class mate to Chime's daughter so she isn't totally free from blame. Karma is a bitch.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Descartes: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
"When I got married to him in 2008, never at any time did I envisage that this kind of ordeal would happen to me. I was then working with Petroleum Development Trust Fund (PDTF). shocked shocked
Chai Diaris... embarassed embarassed
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by NaLaugh: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Did anyone read the tags on this story? Hilarious!
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: That's great news for her.

Just that someone else will hurridely jump into her shoes now. undecided
am glad an advocate of divorce knows this. She knew how troublesome he was which made his first wife leave him, yet she married him which I think was because of his societal status, disregarding the good but not rich men coming her way. Feminists will pick her case of abuse and start spreading hate without considering how far she went before gtting to the present point. They won't know she subjected herself to it. More ladies(blind ones) coming for the man.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
virago: Okay but we also learnt she was already dating Chime while he was still married to his ex wife and she was instrumental to the ex wife leaving. At that time she was a colleague/course mate/ class mate to Chime's daughter so she isn't totally free from blame. Karma is a bitch.

Thats not true. Chimes wife left before he became Governor, go and check your facts. He met Clara 3 years into his tenure and married her the same year.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
virago: Okay but we also learnt she was already dating Chime while he was still married to his ex wife and she was instrumental to the ex wife leaving. At that time she was a colleague/course mate/ class mate to Chime's daughter so she isn't totally free from blame. Karma is a bitch.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2014

[size=14pt]

Don't mind her.

Clara Chimes the Husband snatcher, depression is a mental illness.

You should have learnt your lesson when your cousin had a baby for Governor Chime, but chose to keep swallowing more rubbish.

You are a victim of your own handiwork, but as with everything Nigerian, as usual evil gets rewarded...

[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by anytexy: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na them sabi. Me I carry my own for body.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2014

When people hear one marries a divorcee they immediately assume and conclude that you chased the other wife out. While it may be true in some cases, it wasnt true for Clara.

She is a calm, gentle and hard working lady. Even as first lady she still maintained a level head hence the First Lady's fondness of her and the reason she tried severally to mediate in their issue before it became full blown.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
I know of someone who's going through the same trauma Clara Chime experienced. sadly, my life has been threatened because i wanted to help the woman. I hope she survives it just like Clara.

6 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
[size=14pt]
Don't mind her.
Clara Chimes the Husband snatcher, depression is a mental illness.
You should have learnt your lesson when your cousin had a baby for Governor Chime, but chose to keep swallowing more rubbish.
You are a victim of your own handiwork, but as with everything Nigerian, as usual evil gets rewarded...
[/size]

You didnt read where she tried to run 4 times. Na wa oh. We always prefer a lie to the truth to sooth our own sentiments
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
The former governor Maroke Namani was accused of wife maltreatment too..
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
What do you mean by advocate of divorce?
grin
This guy sef.
eighTHREAD: am glad an advocate of divorce knows this. She knew how troublesome he was which made his first wife leave him, yet she married him which I think was because of his societal status, disregarding the good but not rich men coming her way. Feminists will pick her case of abuse and start spreading hate without considering how far she went before gtting to the present point. They won't know she subjected herself to it. More ladies(blind ones) coming for the man.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chai, men should learn to treat their women well.

See me way go dey find way run when a woman enter domot..
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Chigold101(m): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
corisande: moving on
Good for her
it is really a good move but the point she made about taking costudy of her son to me is laughable. She is igbo i beleive & she knows that children belong their father in igboland once that man met all the traditional rites. I am sure she was traditionaly married before going for a church wedding. She should not complicate her issue by going to claim a man‘s baby boy. I wish her well. Chime looks so gentle but i never knew that something funny is lucking inside that look.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
berem: I know of someone who's going through the same trauma Clara Chime experienced. sadly, my life has been threatened because i wanted to help the woman. I hope she survives it just like Clara.

I have a cousin too, sad thing is that after paying her hospitals she will still go back
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: That's great news for her.

Just that someone else will hurridely jump into her shoes now. undecided

Wetin consign you ?

Shey nah jealousy you wan breed now ?

Nature abhors vacuum. - Shakespeare 2014.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by hayorbaami: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

I am not seeking to down anything. there is no back and forth

Read what i said

She is an exception because this job was arranged by Dame Jonathan. How many people have that kind of access

The message should be that we need to instititionalise rehabilitation for victims of domestic abuse so that it is not only those who are connected who can recover

Everything on NL does not have to be adversarial.Quoting your post does not mean i am downing on it..

Kalas (whatever it means)

Actually the message is "NOTHING should stop you from leaving an abusive relationship..." There are rehabilitation institutions for victims of abuse, don't act naïve on this. But of what use are these centres if victims of abuse are not ready to leave because of money, stigma or fear of being without a man, shame, etc?

First lady could have chosen to remain in the abusive relationship because of the position, fame, wealth and avoidance of stigma , but she spoke out and that is why she got the needed help. Only a victim can set herself free when she wants to, no one else can. And help can only come when you genuinely seek for it.

@ topic, this is the first time I'm reading this version of her story though. I have always read that she was the reason the first wife left and she knew who she was getting herself involved with, a philandering picanto-sharing man. Whatever the story is, I'm glad she's set herself free and has moved on. That's the most important thing. I assume she'll get the custodian of her son sooner too.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

I have a cousin too, sad thing is that after paying her hospitals she will still go back
so sad! some women are really dying silently and suffering all in the name of being a married woman in an abusive marriage.

too bad!

5 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by maweblog: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Actress Chika Ike Looking Fabulous In New Photos
click here to see photos-- http://www.mawenews.com/2014/07/actress-chika-ike-looking-fabulous-in.html
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life

Ridiculous.

Money doesn't buy happiness nah.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

You didnt read where she tried to run 4 times. Na wa oh. We always prefer a lie to the truth to sooth our own sentiments

The story has done the rounds on Nairaland more than 4 times, she is just trying to paint herself innocent and practise damage limitation. She suffered a more severe form of mental illness hence reason she was on medication/under incarceration FOR SAFETY REASONS. She is just embarrassed and trying to play down her mental health issue.

She was one of the many hoes Governor Chime was carrying around dishing out free cars to, whilst still married to his first wife, until she used juju to hook him.

So after all has been said and done, she deserves everything she got. She made her bed so should lie on it. Karma is real.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
hayorbaami:

Actually the message is "NOTHING should stop you from leaving an abusive relationship..." There are rehabilitation institutions for victims of abuse, don't act naïve on this. But of what use are these centres if victims of abuse are not ready to leave because of money, stigma or fear of being without a man, shame, etc?

First lady could have chosen to remain in the abusive relationship because of the position, fame, wealth and avoidance of stigma , but she spoke out and that is why she got the needed help. Only a victim can set herself free when she wants to, no one else can. And help can only come when you genuinely seek for it.

@ topic, this is the first time I'm reading this version of her story though. I have always read that she was the reason the first wife left and she knew who she was getting herself involved with, a philandering picanto-sharing man. Whatever the story is, I'm glad she's set herself free and has moved on. That's the most important thing. I assume she'll get the custodian of her son sooner too.

That's ideal.....lets be real

If dame patience or whoever the benefactor is did not help her with a job..where will she be

How many people step out of a situation they are used to

Recidivism occurs when there is nothing to live for

Have u heard of Stockholm syndrome

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Pavore9: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
l believe everyone in the story have learnt their lessons, all that glitters is not necessarily good.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by basty: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
A great lesson for the women out there.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
The story has done the rounds on Nairaland more than 4 times, she is just trying to paint herself innocent and practise damage limitation. She suffered a more severe form of mental illness hence reason she was on medication/under incarceration FOR SAFETY REASONS. She is just embarrassed and trying to play down her mental health issue.
After all has been said and done, she deserves everything she got. She made her bed so should lie on it. Karma is real.

Am not telling the Nairaland version, am telling the personal version, she went to FGGC Sokoto, had same friends from then till now, it was this friends who got her help.

Its not the what people said story I am saying but the real life one. She didnt meet him married, thats the fact. She was happy the first year till he changed and then the abuse started
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by hayorbaami: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

That's ideal.

How many people step out of a situation they are used to

Recidivism occurs when there is nothing to live for

Have u heard of Stockholm syndrome

Not many people do and I think that is why stories like this should be shared to motivate the few ones at the verge of leaving to take that bold step without having a last thought.

Just saw your modified post. Where clara would be if patience did not step in? She would be In a sane environment regaining her freedom and sanity. She's not a physically nor mentally challenged. She's well educated and With or without patience, she would get something doing (except of course she's lazy).

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Mintayo(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
eighTHREAD: am glad an advocate of divorce knows this. She knew how troublesome he was which made his first wife leave him, yet she married him which I think was because of his societal status, disregarding the good but not rich men coming her way. Feminists will pick her case of abuse and start spreading hate without considering how far she went before gtting to the present point. They won't know she subjected herself to it. More ladies(blind ones) coming for the man.
The bolded is what i saw on the first page and i just smh.
All these feminists,always holding unto a side of a story. Some men are in trouble!

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Sloan: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life

Selective happiness: so you are happy the truth prevailed over power, giving this woman a choice but by the same token you and your people insist that Nigerians be yoked to this worse-than-Chime PDP and Jonabomb?? Chime only abused 1 woman, PDP and Jonadumb have organized and supervised the death of almost 20,000 in 5 years! But you are not crying because they are mostly from the north and middle belt!

If this was PSquare and Lola Omotayo, I bet you would be singing a different tunes, heaping all the blames on Lola right? Some of you have a contract with a cursed way of thinking and that is why you will always remain in bondage. To be clear, I am referring to ALL of YOU in that neck of the woods...and I don't have to be more explicit!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Says She’ll One Day Hand Our Three Kids To Their Real Father / Nigerian Lady Slaps, Beats Her Husband Abroad (Video) / OPC Member & NURTW Official Fight Over Paternity Of 11-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.