Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Update On Clara Chime. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Clara Chime. (42383 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation. / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:

Unless you are suffering from some form of locked-in syndrome...even someone with the attention of a gnat can see cars parked infront of their dorms and the shenanigans going on...even if you just glanced in that direction for a nanosecond.

In the same vein, what would make you simply take "my word on the internet for it" that I know her?

nothing would as a matter of fact.

Most info on net should only be seen as virtual.so even if you say you know her,
And that she's is infact a hoe,it think it is immaterial to the topic.

Even hoes don't deserve to be abused.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Mintayo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:
If she was one of such greedy ladies then why would she stay, shut up and pretend while enjoying money?
She had everything at her disposal, many politicians do worse yet their wives stay, she didnt, she tried to run severally and when she could she shouted out for help and help came and she is starting afresh today. What would it have cost her to stay and enjoy her "loot" if she was greedy?

She didnt need to work one more day in her life is she did what other good "runs" girls do and turn a blind eye, he expectations from the marriage were obviously different and she could not pretend and enjoy money as most greedy girls would have done, that should tell us something but NO, we are too busy in the mud to look up and face the truth. We must dirty and colour it to suit our taste
haven't you heard of elastic limit before? I am sure she must have been thinking that the situation can be managed,who doesn't want to be a governors wife?
I don't actually need all the lectures because i know the full story,i was in Enugu when the whole saga began,and i followed the story. My interest is based on the fact that you said she was nt a 'runs' girl,i would rather not say anything on that.
I don't actually knw how some ladies think,if she is not greedy,why can't she find out the reason why he divorced his first wife before jumping to marry him?
Well,i am happy that she is out though,atleast she must have learnt some lessons!

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

She raised those issues herself after they married and gave it as part of the reasons she wanted to leave. Where and how did she become a runs girl? Who is the Chimes daughter who was her classmate? What school did they attend?

Before we add stories to peoples lives and tarnish their names at least dig in and see if its true not just run with it and spread it.

My prayer still stands, make I go mass abeg. Enjoy your evening

i hope someone i not posting on NL during mass o cheesy
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 5:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:

Clara Chime (Enugu First Lady) was busy battling Governor Sullivan Chime to remove his female Chief of Staff, Ifeoma Nwobodo. Ifeoma Nwobodo was a former finance clerk at Nike Lake Resort Hotel in Enugu and a mistress of Governor Sullivan Chime.

Unknown to the first lady, Sullivan Chime had a secret romance with the first lady’s blood younger sister, Ebere Igwe. A little bit of light needed to be shed into Ebere Igwe’s upbringing. Ebere Igwe is a graduate of the notorious and infamous Abia State University where all forms bizarre sex and drugs are traded for cheap prices. Incidentally, [size=14pt]Orji Uzor Kalu[/size] patronized many of these campus girls with money for sex when he was a student at this university and the governor of the state. To shed more light on some of the shady characters that attends this university.

Earlier last week, chief priest of Okonko cult, Chief Emenike Umogariko sacrificed a 200- level cult student of Political Science of the Abia State University (ABSU), Uturu at the altar of the cult in Umuopara village, Mkpa , Bende Local Government Area of Abia State. The victim, Ekenna Sunday Ugochukwu, had the left side of his face (including his ear) cutoff before he died. We all know the story of the now infamous Abia five gang rapists and the list goes on.

Ebere is the younger sister of Clara Chime, the governor’s wife and first lady of Enugu state. The extra-marital affairs between Governor Chime and his sister-in-law recently produced a baby boy. The romance between Governor Chime and Ebere, started shortly after he married Clara Igwe in October 2008. The lavish traditional marriage at Isuochi home town of the Igwe’s cost the state government over 500 million naira, not minding the fact that Chime was marrying Clara as a second wife having divorced his first wife from Ogakwu family in Udi town where he hails from. Immediately after the ceremony, Clara moved into the Governor’s lodge with Ebere her younger sister who just graduated from Abia State University. Unknown to the first lady, this was the beginning of an affair between her husband and Ebere.

Few months after, the first lady noticed that the Governor was flirting around with Ebere all the time and became suspicious of them. Not wanting to lose her husband to her younger sister, the first lady suggested that her sister should go abroad for her masters. However, by the time Ebere left the country for her masters’ programme abroad, she was already into a deep relationship with the Governor. She benefited a brand new Toyota car and frequent overseas trips from the relationship which continued even while she was studying abroad.

The affair however blew open few months ago when Ebere returned to the country after her studies abroad and told the first lady that she was pregnant for the governor. Clara was so shocked to the point that she suffered a mental disorder. The first lady was taken to Rev.Fr. Njoku’s Upper Room Ministries at Emene, Enugu for healing and when her mental state could not improve, her mother took her to a native doctor who succeeded in stabilizing her mind. During the period of the first lady’s mental ordeal, her only son suffered serious sickness to the point it entered his brain. There are fears that the boy was poisoned to get rid of her and her mother.

The first lady thereafter told her younger sister to abort the pregnancy, but she refused. The first lady sent thugs after her younger sister, and when the governor got wind of the plan, he made special security arrangements for her. To make sure that the pregnancy was not tampered with, the governor sent Ebere to the United States where she eventually delivered a baby boy recently. However, the first lady swore not to allow her younger sister to come into the government house again. Ebere’s whereabouts remain unknown at the moment. The scandal has forced the first lady to maintain a low profile to the point that she sends either the wife of the Secretary to State Government or Speaker of the House of assembly to represent her in public functions. She no longer attends her weekly prayer programme.

The latest scandal marked the climax of Governor Chime’s sex escapades. A few days before the last election, he was battered by a jealous husband at Permanent Secretaries quarters behind Enugu Government House. He had sneaked in for a show with a female permanent secretary who he monetized a home for, not knowing that the husband was on red alert. The man manhandled the governor. On several occasions the first lady suffered public embarrassment trying to recover Porsche cars her husband acquired for young campus girls using state funds.

It also common knowledge in Enugu that Chime keeps permanent suits in hotels in Enugu like Golden Tulip and Neo-Court where he meets girls, at times in groups to satiate his libido, comparable only to that of former [size=14pt]President, Olusegun Obasanjo.[/size] Besides, he is known as a regular customer to night clubs and often soaks himself with alcohol.

His intimate escapades made most people in Enugu who were before now praising his urban road rehabilitation, to become very critical of his administration.

For instance Enugu residents complain that Enugu has about nineteen thousand workers in the state and the governor cannot pay minimum wage, yet he spends millions on luxury cars for girls.
Most men from Enugu are now going to other states to find future wives as they fear the governor has made Enugu girls unmarriageable.

Nota Bene and Challenge:
i) I challenge Clara Chime and Sullivan Chime to issue a statement denying the content of this work .
ii) Most Enugu university girls and mistresses of the governor that benefitted expensive cars from the governor will attack this work with suicidal anger.

Lol, Oyb be very careful before you are accused of being jealous of this two men also cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: nothing would as a matter of fact.

Most info on net should only be seen as virtual.so even if you say you know her,
And that she's is infact a hoe,it think it is immaterial to the topic.

Even hoes don't deserve to be abused.

the issue here is that Chime's behaviour is common knowledge in enugu. this is not some starry eyed babe in the woods marrying some nice guy for love. this is a gold digger marrying a notorious womanizing bully with full knowledge of exactly what she was getting into.

runs girls are not naive.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:
aisha2, so it is until a woman sees a story in the news before she will know that her husband is a dog?
can you hear yourself? the next thing you will be saying that hillary clinton didn't know bill got it on with Jennifer flowers, lewinksy and co.
look - chime is a public figure, and he has been since the 90s. you cannot claim that he started misbehaving only after he got married.
it stands to reason that his philandering was an open secret
so how does a nice decent girl meet with with a notorious wealthy shameless serial womaniser old enough to be her father?
how does her family allow her to marry a man with a clearly checkered history with women?
perhaps they met in church? cheesy cheesy cheesy
abegi!!
you can point all the jabs you want at how bitter and jealous and sleazy we are
i still say nigga jam hoe - okay rich nigga jam poor hoe - equation balance small.
you should be using this as an avenue to advise young ladies to stop tearing eye for aristos and marry guys within their level. if chime did not come with all the frills of office that dazzled madam ptdf worker, she would probably have left much earlier. how long did the second mrs dino put up with him?

Someone can say "There is this lovely pretty girl working at So and So, you know you are a Governor, its not good for you to be alone, I will introduce her" and gbam they meet.
She may ask "what about the stories?" and go between goes "You know people like to talk, mostly not true, and besides he has been single for a while and man no be wood"

If she is the who-re you are making her out to be my question is WHY DID SHE LEAVE? Why not even wait it out till after his term finishes? Why fall into depression because he is cheating? Runs girls that will even organise babes and do a party with him?

I know men who have less and their wives put up with so much more, we read stories here on nairaland, we may say she made a mistake marrying him but to say she is a who-re yet she saw a gold mine and after just a year was ready to leave so bad that they had to keep her locked up and sedated for 4 years to prevent her from living haba.

A runs girl will zero her mind stay turn a blind eye and enjoy the perks of office, after all its money she is after.

Clara didnt stay, she valued herself too much to be stuck in that dirt. She fought and fought till she left, she didnt mind the stigma of having a failed marriage, she didnt mind that he had the power to make her disappear,she didnt mind that she would leave with NOTHING, she didnt mind that she would be maligned and insulted by strangers on line, she didnt mind that she will start her life all over from scratch, she didnt mind that she would be called a mad woman and a press conference would be called and she will be asked to claim she is mad because he had the power, she didnt nind her greedy brother who will say and do anything just to remain a Governors inlaw, she stood and faced all that and LEFT.

Many wives are trapped even in marriages where they provide and still get beaten they stay, many stay because they prefer to cry on range rovers than on okada, Clara left all that and Shouted for help to LEAVE. Yet she is a "Runs Girl"

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:

Lol, Oyb be very careful before you are accused of being jealous of this two men also cheesy cheesy cheesy

i dey jolosy them o. do you know how many hot chicks those guys have hammered cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i just feel for those poor boys in enugu - chime has chanced them of all their chicks cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

If she is the who-re you are making her out to be my question is WHY DID SHE LEAVE? Why not even wait it out till after his term finishes? Why fall into depression because he is cheating? Runs girls that will even organise babes and do a party with him?

elastic limit.

everyone has one.

a point when we decide that the sheet does not meet up with the benefits

end of

aside

i remember years back on my first job. we were at kainji dam. we were there to work. the plant engineer on duty normally closed at 4, but with us on site he was closing at 7pm. the man was miserable because his wife no 2 [of about a year] was giving him hell. she thought he was out scouting for wife no 3 , probably because he that was the game he ran on wife no 1 with wife no 2 when she was just a side chick.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mintayo:
haven't you heard of elastic limit before? I am sure she must have been thinking that the situation can be managed,who doesn't want to be a governors wife?
I don't actually need all the lectures because i know the full story,i was in Enugu when the whole saga began,and i followed the story. My interest is based on the fact that you said she was nt a 'runs' girl,i would rather not say anything on that.
I don't actually knw how some ladies think,if she is not greedy,why can't she find out the reason why he divorced his first wife before jumping to marry him?
Well,i am happy that she is out though,atleast she must have learnt some lessons!

A lot of women stay and endure MUCH more, she wanted to leave from the 1st year, thats when they kept her under house arrest and started sedating her.

What elastic limit? Many women endure much more for much less benefits. Her only crime is marrying someone divorced which isnt her fault but from the first scandal she wanted to live. She didnt even say let me close my eyes all men are cheats and endure like most of my counterparts are doing.

Do you know the jazz, and efforts runs girls put in to even date Governors talkless of marrying them? Why then would she grab one and ever want to let him go? Does that make any sense?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Post taken down.
sad

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:
elastic limit.
everyone has one.
a point when we decide that the sheet does not meet up with the benefits
end of

Runs girls sleep with men who will have se-x with them through their anus, they sleep with 2, 3 men at a time, they organize babes for their lovers and even husbands, they do any and everything for the money. A runs girl has no elastic limit if the money is there, her elastic limit stops when money don finish. Clara was clearly not interested in the money else she would have stayed and kept shut from the first scandal and the first time.

This woman has been trying to leave for 4 years. All the Priests in Enugu have tried to mediate and failed, the first lady tried severally and failed. Why would she bother if she was a runs girl and knew what to expect?

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
hm. aisha2 knows a lot about a lady she knew from afar. somehow her own info is not rumour and innuendo wink thats for us miserable playa hating brokearse citizens

Ishsoph: Na God go judge between that my innocent sister, her insatiable mother and our corrupt king(now late) and all (my kinsmen) that collectively sold Clara to the highest bidder even when a rich educated dude from my place was in a relationship with her and registered his displeasure to the duo's deaf sellers angry

knack us tory o

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life
Ur story isn't d genesis of d mmmmm. See chime had high afinity for young women. If u need stories on his escapades, apply tru d partial avenue.in summary, clara's younger sister seduced d governor knowing d governor's weakness for fornication, unfortunately, d governor got her pregnant... and d story continues...

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
From her actions before and after marriage she was and is a responsible lady ( please provide evidence to the contrary).
You keep insisting she was a runs girl simply because ;

1. She married a Governor older than her

2. She married a divorcee

3. She could only have met such a randy man via runs.

Evidence shows however:

1. She has always been focused and responsible: she was working and earning a living when they married

2. She wanted to leave when the first scandal happened.

3. She was physically restrained from leaving but she still found a way

4. She faced all sorts of humuilation, embarassment in her bid to leave and even family betrayal but left and is starting her life over.

Its a free world we can believe what we choose to but if we are going to abuse someone so badly let us have some evidence to back us up abeg. May all rumour mongers find defenders the day the rumour mills turn on them

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: she's married and left the union. What's your 'admonishment' for again?

That's the point you have not made. Does the 'probability' that she was a runs girl reduce the significance of the abuse she suffered?
Do some women deserve to be abused?

"Good for you"
"I told you so"
"Karma is a b'itch"
"The cane they used to beat the first wife" etc

These are all English sayings majorly coined by English people the owner of English language, why is it getting you uptight cos I am using them Shuo

By the way, like I always repeat ad nauseum, this forum is for dissenting opinions, meaning that there would always be varied diverse opinion, not for sheeps with follow follow mentality, so therefore everyone is free to maintain any lane that suits their line of thinking biko.

Is it by force that I have to hold Clara's hands and help her blow her nose even though she knowingly walked into an abusive relationship with her with two legs Why are you so rigid in your thinking

cococandy:
you can only admonish someone who's about to make that mistake so that they refrain.

Or if they are in the union,you could advice them to leave or say 'she deserves it'(like you're saying) but when the person has left the union,what's are u admonishing again?
Or u saying she should have stayed to take it because that's what she's worth?

Again, you do you, whilst you leave me to do me. You like to admonish after, I like to admonish before, do whatever floats your own boat. I don't owe you any explanation...nevertheless I saw this write up from Clara on the front page attempting to paint herself as a saint whom butter wouldn't melt in her mouth and decided to e-pull her up by the bootstraps, so what gives...

cococandy:
and despite all his 'popularity' only this breakup with clara managed to draw this much attention? Shows you not everyone knows him like you think.

Nah, this shows its only the aproko side of things y'all like to follow and whilst others like us meaningfully combine our aproko-ism on them with their politically engagements.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Runs girls sleep with men who will have se-x with them through their anus, they sleep with 2, 3 men at a time, they organize babes for their lovers and even husbands, they do any and everything for the money. A runs girl has no elastic limit if the money is there, her elastic limit stops when money don finish. Clara was clearly not interested in the money else she would have stayed and kept shut from the first scandal and the first time.

This woman has been trying to leave for 4 years. All the Priests in Enugu have tried to mediate and failed, the first lady tried severally and failed. Why would she bother if she was a runs girl and knew what to expect?

Post taken down

lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yes there's everything wrong with marrying a man who isn't up to par just to answer mrs.
Most of our Nigerian ladies do this and it is bad.
Some will even prefer to die in the marriage than be called divorced or single.
Even decent ladies 'manage' men who don't deserve them becuase of the 'get married' pressure they are under.
If that's your grouse,it's understood.

No wahala with that part. If you're SURE she knew and went ahead.then I'm quite sure she learned her lesson.

The only thing that led me to comment about this ish is that you guys called her a hoe without knowing her in person. That's all I'm against.

oyb:

the issue here is that Chime's behaviour is common knowledge in enugu. this is not some starry eyed babe in the woods marrying some nice guy for love. this is a gold digger marrying a notorious womanizing bully with full knowledge of exactly what she was getting into.

runs girls are not naive.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ishsoph:
Thanks for your intelligent analysis aisha.
You spoke like you know Clara in person.
If you've ever seen a beautiful woman that's innocently unaware of her beauty it's Clara.
She was hoodwinked into that marriage by her mother and the king of my clan all for selfish reason. It wasn't up to a year when she started clamouring to leave that marriage, but like you'll rightly guess her mum in conjunction with the power that be wouldn't let her.
Even when the governor impregnated her sister she spoke up but her mum once again along with the king called it political we witch hunting.
I would have stated more here but for fear of giving away some identities that would be all for now.

Be careful oh, they will say me and you are the same person or that you are also Claras PA, they will throw all sort of dirt but refuse to accept the truth yet they will say things they have no single proof of.

Clara is humble, kind and sensible. Her dress sense has always been simple and decent maybe due to her Northern orientation, she is focused and never rude so imagine my shock with strangers claims of her being a "Runs Girl" because she married Chime.

Many make mistakes and die in it, clara from day one said "No this is not for me" she never looked back and said let me pretend and enjoy money.

It is well, We shall account for our careless words on judgement day, every willing lie shall be accounted for.

I wish Clara happiness and peace, I pray she regains custody of her son, I wish her Gods love and guidance, she is strong and I have no doubt will survive and surpass all the challenges.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ishsoph:
If you've ever seen a beautiful woman that's innocently unaware of her beauty it's Clara.
She was hoodwinked into that marriage by her mother and the king of my clan all for selfish reason. It wasn't up to a year when she started clamouring to leave that marriage, but like you'll rightly guess her mum in conjunction with the power that be wouldn't let her.
Even when the governor impregnated her sister she spoke up but her mum once again along with the king called it political we witch hunting.

I would have stated more here but for fear of giving away some identities that would be all for now.

What would we not hear from the propaganda machination to wash Saint Clara as white as snow grin

Eeyah, so twas an arranged marriage whereby she never met her husband until the wedding day cheesy

Brouhahahahahahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ishsoph:

So you are confirming the rumour about her sister and chime? You realise that you are actually making it worse. By implication, at least two close members of her family are at the very least, gold diggers of the most bizarre kind. That on its own is giving credence to what you refer to as slander.

Add the dumping of the educated or what did you call it suitor . . .

I'm not sure what you're aiming to do, but you're not doing Clara any favors

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
If I tell you this post makes sense to me,that'd be a lie.
Anyone can make the mistake of marrying the wrong person. Decent girl or not. Even the decent naïve girls are more susceptible to such mistakes.
I don't know her so I HAVEN'T said anything about her decency or lack of it.

All I said is 'don't accuse a lady of being a hoe'
* if you've never paid her to have sex with you or
* if you're not her pi.mp.
Are you any of the above?
If no keep your slandering to yourself.
If yes give us proof and we'll shut up.

Until then,bye.

bigbumper:

"Good for you"
"I told you so"
"Karma is a b'itch"
"The cane they used to beat the first wife" etc

These are all English sayings majorly coined by English people the owner of English language, why is it getting you uptight cos I am using them Shuo

By the way, like I always repeat ad nauseum, this forum is for dissenting opinions, meaning that there would always be varied diverse opinion, not for sheeps with follow follow mentality, so therefore everyone is free to maintain any lane that suits their line of thinking biko.

Is it by force that I have to hold Clara's hands and help her blow her nose even though she knowingly walked into an abusive relationship with her with two legs Why are you so rigid in your thinking

Again, you do you, whilst you leave me to do me. You like to admonish after, I like to admonish before, do whatever floats your own boat. I don't owe you any explanation...nevertheless I saw this write up from Clara on the front page attempting to paint herself as a saint whom butter wouldn't melt in her mouth and decided to e-pull her up by the bootstraps, so what gives...

Nah, this shows its only the aproko side of things y'all like to follow and whilst others like us meaningfully combine our aproko-ism on them with their politically engagements.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by babestell(f): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
A time will come when "I didn't know he was that type of man" will not be taken as an excuse. Am happy for her that she was able to get out alive, I hope she finds happiness in the future.

I hope her story serves as a lesson. Greed can be exhibited in various forms and excuses can be made for it. But in the end its still greed

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Abraham2013(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
I don't know y people derive joy is spreading falsehood. Plz mr op, if reactive depression is not a mental disorder, wat is it? Were is reactive depression treated? Wat types of drugs will one use to treat it?
Mrs clara chime went to d bush and fetched ant infested firewood, now dat lizard has filled her house, she is complaining. In dis life, wat ever u sow, dat u will rip.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by deols(f): 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Depression is a mental illness.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Reactive Depression: Anxiety
Disorders
Personality DisordersTreatment ProgramsAbout UsWhat We DoBlogContact Us
Reactive Depression
What is Reactive Depression?
Reactive depression, which is sometimes referred to as an adjustment disorder with depressed mood, is a decreased mood state that is a response to a specific psychosocial stressor. In other words, reactive depression is a mild to moderate depression following a stressful event. Usually symptoms of a reactive depression will not last longer than a few months after exposure to the stressor, as a person develops coping strategies. When symptoms are prolonged or profound, the reaction is considered abnormal, and a person should seek professional help.
What causes a Reactive Depression?
Reactive depression is a depressed mood state related to a stressful life event or events. Examples of stressful life events include death of a family member or spouse, divorce, loss of job, problems with children, retirement, or even moving to a new location. An event that initiates a reactive depression may be seemingly minor or unimportant, in comparison to a grief reaction, which results from the death of a loved one. Reactive depression must be evaluated in the context of the events that triggered it. Symptoms lasting longer than a few months or symptoms that interfere with daily functioning, such as work, school, family, or personal relationships, are significant enough to require a psychological evaluation.
What are the Symptoms of Reactive Depression?
Symptoms of reactive depression include feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, restlessness, and sadness. Fatigue and insomnia may follow these feelings, leading to increased irritability or anxiety. Eating problems may arise, manifested as significant weight loss or gain. Difficulty in concentrating, making decisions or remembering things, as well as somatic symptoms such as pain, headaches, and gastrointestinal problems may also occur. Self-destructive behaviors can arise, such as drinking heavily, drug use, or even suicidal thoughts or actions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Depression

How is Reactive Depression diagnosed?
Reactive depression is diagnosed on the basis of depressive symptoms related to a troubling life event or situation. It is important to uncover the psychosocial stressors that underlie the reactive depression. It is also appropriate to delineate the timeline of symptoms in relation to an inciting event. Next, a psychologist or psychiatrist should inquire as to how the depressive episodes have interfered with the Client’s everyday living, including negative effects on family, friends, work or school. Any history of drug or alcohol abuse or self-medication should be explored. When a person with reactive depression turns to substance abuse or self-medication, treatment becomes more complicated.
What is the Prognosis for Reactive Depression?
Reactive depression is a highly treatable psychological problem. Because it is a maladaptive response to a specific psychosocial stressor, psychotherapy can address the underlying issues with clarity. In addition to psychotherapy, sleep and stress management, and psycho-education can significantly improve the wellness of someone with a reactive depression.
What Complications can Slow Recovery?
Persons with reactive depression may feel powerless to find help. They may be living with a low energy state, or feelings of fear and hopelessness and helplessness. The first step for them is getting to a treatment provider. When substance abuse (especially alcohol, marijuana or cocaine) or self-medication complicates the picture, effective psychological and medical treatment becomes crucial.
How Can Friends and Family Help?
As mentioned, a person with reactive depression may have difficulty seeking help for many reasons. The strength of the social network of a person with a reactive depression, especially family, friends, co-workers and loved ones, is an important predictor of recovery. Family members or a spouse often are the ones who bring the Client to a treatment center and support them throughout their treatment course. Thus, psycho-education is very important for family members so that they may understand when the person with reactive depression needs help the most. This involves strengthening coping skills and resources.
When Should a person with Reactive Depression enter a treatment center?
When symptoms have lasted more than six months, or they are negatively impacting daily school or work life and personal and family relationships, an intensive treatment program is an appropriate option. While the first step is often once per week psychotherapy or medication, this may be ineffective at managing serious symptoms of reactive depression. A treatment facility, like PCH Treatment Center, offers a completely different approach to a mood disorder. We have the expertise and experience to effectively diagnosis and treat reactive depression when it is negatively impacting a person’s life.
How does PCH Treatment Center treat Reactive Depression?
When a Client enters PCH Treatment Center with Reactive Depression, they receive a thorough initial assessment by a doctoral level psychologist. This involves accurately determining their symptoms and the underlying psychosocial stressors or situations which are provoking negative thoughts and feelings underlying the reactive depression. An initial assessment is also performed by the Clinical Director, Dr. Jeff Ball, as well as our Psychiatrist, Dr. William Wirshing. The Client’s medication regimen is evaluated, and an appropriate plan is made with a de-emphasis on medication treatment. The correct diagnosis leads to the proper treatment plan, and PCH Treatment Center features expert diagnosticians. Each Client is discussed at our weekly case conference, as well, and they are benefiting from the input of our many doctoral level staff members. Treatment of reactive depression then involves individual psychotherapy sessions, group therapies including Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), anger management, sleep management group, psycho-education and holistic options including yoga, mindfulness meditation, acupuncture, massage, and art therapy. Family therapy groups are also available. These valuable groups incorporate family members or significant others into the Client’s treatment environment.
2 THOUGHTS ON “REACTIVE DEPRESSION”

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Another write up: Christopher Taylor, Mon, April 30, 2012

Reactive depression is a subtype of clinical depression or major depressive disorder. It is also sometimes called an adjustment disorder with depressed mood, and is characterized by a depressed state in direct response to an external event. The subsequent depression tends to be mild to moderate, and typically will not persist beyond several months after the stressful event. The reaction can be abnormally severe, however, necessitating professional help.
Causes

Life is full of stressful events. These can include everything from the death of a family member, loss of a job, children moving out, or any of life's other constantly shifting events. These are distinct from grief events, although certain stressors, like the loss of a loved one, will overlap. In some people, such events trigger a depressed reaction that can persist much longer than would be expected for a relatively mild event, and can begin to interfere with a person's ability to function in their job or personal relationships. This, then, is the definition of reactive depression: a disproportionately depressed response to a life event.
Symptoms

As a type of major depression, reactive depression is characterized by feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, and sadness. Additional symptoms might include anxiety, weight fluctuations and eating disorders, irritability, memory problems and difficulty concentrating. In extreme cases, it may be accompanied by somatic symptoms like pain, headaches, and digestive problems. Serious warning signs include drug and alcohol abuse, and suicidal thoughts or behaviors.
Diagnosis

To diagnose reactive depression, a psychologist will have to examine the behavior in light of the surrounding life events. It is the relationship between the disease and the events that precipitated it that will help a therapist isolate the particular stressors. The diagnostic process should also include a section where the patient is evaluated for both inappropriate behavior and negative impact of the disease on everyday living.
Prognosis

As depression goes, the prognosis for reactive depression is quite good. Because the depressed mood stems from discrete stressor events (the very definition of reactive depression), the underlying psychosocial causes are relatively apparent. Psychotherapy can be used to address the patient's inappropriate reactions to these events, and sleep and stress management training can help further improve the person's recovery.
The hardest part of recovering from reactive depression is the powerlessness many depressed people will feel. The low level of energy they are experiencing may prevent them find seeking treatment on their own. If you suspect you may be experiencing severe reactive depression, it is important that you seek help. If you know someone else who may be experiencing a stronger than expected depressed reaction to a life event, it may be up to you to find help for them.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: If I tell you this post makes sense to me,that'd be a lie.
Anyone can make the mistake of marrying the wrong person. Decent girl or not. Even the decent naïve girls are more susceptible to such mistakes.
I don't know her so I HAVEN'T said anything about her decency or lack of it.

All I said is 'don't accuse a lady of being a hoe'
* if you've never paid her to have sex with you or
* if you're not her pi.mp.
Are you any of the above?
If no keep your slandering to yourself.
If yes give us proof and we'll shut up.

Until then,bye.

Feel free to say whatever you wanna say, wherever, and leave me be to do same. There is no harm in being tolerant of each other.

So one has to be Kim Kardashian's love-vendor or customer to proffer opinion on whether she is an ashi or not! See parameter for argument, no wonder I have been feeling like i have been banging my head on a brickwall since, phew.

Seun Osewa does not mind Nairalanders having different views on topics on his forum, why should you or anyone else? If you can't take the heat from the kitchen, you know where the door is nau. No need to get all worked up dear over this case that happened as far back as last year.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2: Another write up: Christopher Taylor, Mon, April 30, 2012

Reactive depression is a subtype of clinical depression or major depressive disorder. It is also sometimes called an adjustment disorder with depressed mood, and is characterized by a depressed state in direct response to an external event. The subsequent depression tends to be mild to moderate, and typically will not persist beyond several months after the stressful event. The reaction can be abnormally severe, [size=4pt]however, necessitating professional help.
Causes

Life is full of stressful events. These can include everything from the death of a family member, loss of a job, children moving out, or any of life's other constantly shifting events. These are distinct from grief events, although certain stressors, like the loss of a loved one, will overlap. In some people, such events trigger a depressed reaction that can persist much longer than would be expected for a relatively mild event, and can begin to interfere with a person's ability to function in their job or personal relationships. This, then, is the definition of reactive depression: a disproportionately depressed response to a life event.
Symptoms

As a type of major depression, reactive depression is characterized by feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, and sadness. Additional symptoms might include anxiety, weight fluctuations and eating disorders, irritability, memory problems and difficulty concentrating. In extreme cases, it may be accompanied by somatic symptoms like pain, headaches, and digestive problems. Serious warning signs include drug and alcohol abuse, and suicidal thoughts or behaviors.
Diagnosis

To diagnose reactive depression, a psychologist will have to examine the behavior in light of the surrounding life events. It is the relationship between the disease and the events that precipitated it that will help a therapist isolate the particular stressors. The diagnostic process should also include a section where the patient is evaluated for both inappropriate behavior and negative impact of the disease on everyday living.
Prognosis

As depression goes, the prognosis for reactive depression is quite good. Because the depressed mood stems from discrete stressor events (the very definition of reactive depression), the underlying psychosocial causes are relatively apparent. Psychotherapy can be used to address the patient's inappropriate reactions to these events, and sleep and stress management training can help further improve the person's recovery.
The hardest part of recovering from reactive depression is the powerlessness many depressed people will feel. The low level of energy they are experiencing may prevent them find seeking treatment on their own. If you suspect you may be experiencing severe reactive depression, it is important that you seek help. If you know someone else who may be experiencing a stronger than expected depressed reaction to a life event, it may be up to you to find help for them.[/size]

Thanks for this informative article proving she has had mental illness contrary to her denial cool

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2: More grin grin so happy for her: Presidency has provided succor for Mrs. Clara Chime, the estranged wife of Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, with a juicy job at the National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), THE RAINBOW has learnt.

Mrs. Chime who was in the news late last year over allegations of forceful incarceration by her husband at the Enugu Government House, now works with NAFDAC, said a presidency source.

According to the source, the job was arranged for former Enugu State First Lady through the intervention of Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

The source told our correspondent that the Mrs. Chime was offered accommodation and a car as part of the conditions of service in her new job.

When The Rainbow contacted NAFDAC’s Deputy Director, Public Relations, at the agency, Mr. Abubakar Jimoh, he picked the call and dropped.

The text message sent to his phone was no responded to, but THE RAINBOW confirmed the development from a NAFDAC source who would not be named because he was not authorized to speak for the agency.

Governor Chime, it will be recalled, admitted restricting her within the government house in Enugu over her health conditions.

Mrs Chime later denied the assertion, stressing she had no mental problem as earlier claimed by her husband, Governor Sullivan Chime.

the legendary aisha2 the deceiver. this nairaland hack really resurrected many buried and past demons.

see what this one is over joyed about, this is corruption, why dont you give that job to a competent person but as we know jonathan and his wife everything is for their taking

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by dabossman(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:

So you are confirming the rumour about her sister and chime? You realise that you are actually making it worse. By implication, at least two close members of her family are at the very least, gold diggers of the most bizarre kind. That on its own is giving credence to what you refer to as slander.

Add the dumping of the educated or what did you call it suitor . . .

I'm not sure what you're aiming to do, but you're not doing Clara any favors
Dude just made Clara's case worse. So she was convinced to go into a marriage by gold-digging relatives and she agreed? Arrangee marriage? That's not a good one for Clara.

*goes back to observing from a distance while sipping kunu*

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by ManTiger(m): 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
At a point in time during their courtship, he would have seen a RED LIGHT, a clue to the present predicament but over stepping it is...
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by AdekunleBalogun: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nigerians are wicked and shallow minded people, I remembered when this case first surface in the news and Falana was trying all his best to help this woman, the same Nigerians were telling him to mind his business. Nigerians will need to change, we need to be sensible so that we will not continue to suffer, we need to reduce our sentiments and wake to the reality of things around us but if we choose to remain blind, we will continue to suffer the same fate that has continue to place us at the mercy of the politicians.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Twins, One In August, Another In November (photos) / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.