Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,923 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Update On Clara Chime. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Clara Chime. (42408 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation. / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by delishpot: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
crackhaus:
Me I don't know why you're writing this long essay for me. All I said was money can not buy happiness... plainly, with no motives behind my saying it.

It just means that even with all the wealth of government funds surrounding her person, she was depressed and sought out an escape from her abusive marriage. Cest' fini.

My point is she did not have the money cest' fini.
She smelt money grin but did not have it. So thats my point.

But come o, most men here plus some women sef just dey enter the woman. why men nor dey pity women sef? If it was a rich woman that did this to her hubby, world people will still abuse the woman non will say ehn why did you marry a rich girl? Why una nor dey pity women na? Na so dem don pepper una reach?
Make we look for who go marry this Chime next. I trust some woman somewhere will think she can tame him and marry him believing she is special and better until bgosaaaaa! It will explode in her face and then*********#UntoTheNextOne.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by mykemiley(f): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
GovWahala: Chime must be a beast, if he actually put his wife through all this.
D man na Ebola
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Chigold101(m): 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
dasparrow:

It takes a man and a woman to make a baby, be that baby a boy or a girl. Spermatozoa alone does not make a baby so why should children belong to just the man? How about joint custody where both the father and mother of the child take care of him even though the parents are no longer together? Or is that too much to ask for? So what you are saying is that in Igbo land, women are just incubators? The day their marriages should fall apart, they loose their offspring to their estranged spouse all in the name of culture? I guess we learn everyday. undecided
i dont know what u mean by incubators however, (1) in igboland for a woman to have children of outside mariage is rare. Anyone born like that will need lots of prayers to survive what will follow when he grows up. But if the child is a girl, she will not have much problem cos she would married outside the kindred (2) Even if that child follows his or mum home, when time for marriage comes he or she goes back to the father‘s place. Cos no igbo man until tomorrow will give u a child to marry or marry u as a woman without seing ur father or ur father‘s family. (3) if ur mum was duely married ur mum‘s family will not give u any inheritance cos ur inheritance is in ur father‘s place. Unless that child has decided to remain in the city & not to have anything to do with igbos in igboland.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by blezynetym(f): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
ThAnk God for her, that's goodnews.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by guiddoti: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gov. Chime should be jailed for making a false acclaimed disposition of his former wive, Clara.
Clara should have learned her lesson too.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by jajajaja828: 3:19am On Aug 01, 2014
Irrelevant. Chime is good man. If u jump into the life of a man. U ll jump out. Chime and Enugu is working. God bless Gov Chime n Enugu.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by soulglo: 4:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Only in Nigeria could someone do horrible things like this and not be in jail. Not only is he not in jail he took their child.......... I weep for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by hugafella(m): 5:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Aiaha2 I wonder why you are so serious about this guy Sullivan. them send you? have you heard his own side? do you know the kind of human being she was before and during the marriage? why come here and try to smear the mans image because of such ONE SIDED STORY?

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Jman06(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2014
I would have loved to pity this Clara of a lady but considering how ladies of her type treat average guys who make genuine love advances at them with so much disdain, all i can say is she got what she deserved.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by babestell(f): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Chigold101: i dont know what u mean by incubators however, (1) in igboland for a woman to have children of outside mariage is rare. Anyone born like that will need lots of prayers to survive what will follow when he grows up. But if the child is a girl, she will not have much problem cos she would married outside the kindred (2) Even if that child follows his or mum home, when time for marriage comes he or she goes back to the father‘s place. Cos no igbo man until tomorrow will give u a child to marry or marry u as a woman without seing ur father or ur father‘s family. (3) if ur mum was duely married ur mum‘s family will not give u any inheritance cos ur inheritance is in ur father‘s place. Unless that child has decided to remain in the city & not to have anything to do with igbos in igboland.

1) And that is why the abortion rate is very high in the east. Also I see a lot of single moms and dad around in the east so maybe that notion is changing. Please what do you mean by needing prayers to survive.

2) Am not sure of that, some igbo bois have been marrying all kind of gehs all over the place. Should we take a stroll to Tejuosho market, I ahve a lot of charismatic members there and their gist dey sweet

3) Your mum's family will not give you ancestral land as inheritance, every other thing can be bequeathed.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by poiZon: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2014
berem: so sad! some women are really dying silently and suffering all in the name of being a married woman in an abusive marriage.

too bad!

u dey see wetiin ur mentor dey do? dat man chime is DEVIL'S TRAINER!!
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2014
poiZon:

u dey see wetiin ur mentor dey do? dat man chime is DEVIL'S TRAINER!!

how is he my mentor?
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by TheMatrix3: 11:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Inasmuchas I empathize with Aisha's posts, the disturbing truhs are: Clara married a divorcee; secondly she was friends with Chimes daughter, and thirdly she isn't a saint herself through and through. Bottom line -s(h)e that seeks equity must come with clean hands> LET HER ENJOY HER nafdac JOB and keep her lges closed

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
GovWahala: Chime must be a beast, if he actually put his wife through all this.
Abi ooo
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by poiZon: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
berem: how is he my mentor?

berem... the 3 governors i respect in nigeria are AMAECHI, FASHOLA AND CHIME!
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
What a story.
If the governor did all this and he is still parading himself as the governor of a state. Pathetic.

Now we are rejoicing she made it alive while the problem still lingers on.
Let's learn to fix a problem instead of running away from it.
The fact remains the governor is a beast. He should be jailed and removed from such position.

Easy to go for testimony that you escaped death while same trap is waiting for someone else.

As per getting her a job. If truely patience Jonathan has a hand in this, she is also a problem in the society. The truth is tha she should be made to go through the compulsory assessment . I doubt she did after being a mentally deranged housewife for more than 6 yrs..

Sick country ruined by leaders and followers

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chillisauce:

As per getting her a job. If truely patience Jonathan has a hand in this, she is also a problem in the society. The truth is tha she should be made to go through the compulsory assessment . I doubt she did after being a mentally deranged housewife for more than 6 yrs..

What?!

A female said this?...

I rest my case
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

What?!

A female said this?...

I rest my case

It's not about female, this is some serious ish.The unemployment in Nigeria is scary . Now someone who has been out of job over half a decade with a mental issue suddenly lands an attractive government position.
If they wanna help her, they can start with getting something out of her ex husband and start up a firm for her rather than giving her a government job which I'm very very sure she didn't go through the assessment.

I know how it feels writing an exam and someone who didn't even appear for that gets the job.

And here we are, praising her.
I tire

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
I had said earlier she is not a typical abuse victim as she has political connections to get back on her feet
How many of our sisters have this access

NGOs need to be set up to help abuse victims or they will go back to the abuser

The praise? Hahaha,,, they said she is qualified naa

Chillisauce:

It's not about female, this is some serious ish.The unemployment in Nigeria is scary . Now someone who has been out of job over half a decade with a mental issue suddenly lands an attractive government position.
If they wanna help her, they can start with getting something out of her ex husband and start up a firm for her rather than giving her a government job which I'm very very sure she didn't go through the assessment.

I know how it feels writing an exam and someone who didn't even appear for that gets the job.

I tire

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by babestell(f): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chillisauce:

I tire

Lol agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by soulglo: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chillisauce: What a story.
If the governor did all this and he is still parading himself as the governor of a state. Pathetic.

Now we are rejoicing she made it alive while the problem still lingers on.
Let's learn to fix a problem instead of running away from it.
The fact remains the governor is a beast. He should be jailed and removed from such position.

Easy to go for testimony that you escaped death while same trap is waiting for someone else.

Sick country ruined by leaders and followers

She was never "mentally deranged". She had always maintained that and I believed it from the beginning. He was bringing in doctors to medicate her to keep her from running away or talking. She has had a chance to leave the country for further test and it shows that she was severely depressed. I agree with you though that if she was "given" a job it would be wrong. IN addition to that I totally hate when people who are in a position to bring someone to justice do not do it. In the eyes of whomever gave her this job they are helping her by giving her a job and sweeping what the husband did under the rug. To do that is an even greater evil. Nigerians always turn their eyes away from situations like this and they carry that backward behavior into government offices. That is why people like Yerima and Chime will continue to get fat off the suffering of the common man while flaunting their total disregard of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by fx45(m): 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
0rlando0woh: Has she gotten her shape back?
She's second-hand material now... 'Nigerian-used' for that matter. Her market value has plummeted. Her once alluring shape is inconsequential as at press time.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by youngalex(m): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
I thank God for her life...whether she be runs girl or sharp babe the bootomline is that she wants a better life,She is in Nafdac now and by Gods grace soon she will meet a young man that will love,cherish and care for her...This is what every woman needs even the runs girls...For your info:the babe is super loaded before she left hopefully looking for true love

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by laudate: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
fx45:
She's second-hand material now... 'Nigerian-used' for that matter. Her market value has plummeted. Her once alluring shape is inconsequential as at press time.

One man's poison is another man's meat. Or is it the other way round? tongue
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by laudate: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
aisha2:

My dear, what runs girl will abandon a "gold mine" because she was badly treated? Dont women endure worse and stay quite for the money?

Common sense should tell us that a girl willing to leave such luxury and benefits and not stay put and "manage" has some standards.

A runs girl will die there and even be the one organizing babes for him as long as the money keeps rolling.

What Benefit is it for Clara raising dust and leaving him? Her life is on social media, Her son is taken from her, she has to start her life all over. She would have benefitted more staying put and keeping shut.

She DIDNT, immediately she noticed the issues she shouted out and tried to leave several time, what runs girl does that? A runs girl actually expects that and stays grins, smiles for the camera and bares it.

Aisha2, you don try. Abeg, leave matter. Even if the truth were to come and hit some people on the head, they would still turn round and call it a lie. angry

If Clara Chime was their biological sister, would they not change their tune?

The issue is that no woman deserves to be treated the way Clara Chime was treated, by medicating her against her will! Or labelling her as mentally unstable, when in fact she had a sound mind! What if she had died in the process?

Is marriage by force?? shocked I weak oh!

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 11:33am On May 19, 2018
What became of this woman?
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tabithababy(f): 12:18pm On May 19, 2018
ModelX:
What became of this woman?

I don't know o cheesy
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by gamutschool(f): 11:46pm On Apr 08
Reactive Depression: Anxiety
Disorders
Personality DisordersTreatment ProgramsAbout UsWhat We DoBlogContact Us
Reactive Depression
What is Reactive Depression?
Reactive depression, which is sometimes referred to as an adjustment disorder with depressed mood, is a decreased mood state that is a response to a specific psychosocial stressor. In other words, reactive depression is a mild to moderate depression following a stressful event. Usually symptoms of a reactive depression will not last longer than a few months after exposure to the stressor, as a person develops coping strategies. When symptoms are prolonged or profound, the reaction is considered abnormal, and a person should seek professional help.
What causes a Reactive Depression?
Reactive depression is a depressed mood state related to a stressful life event or events. Examples of stressful life events include death of a family member or spouse, divorce, loss of job, problems with children, retirement, or even moving to a new location. An event that initiates a reactive depression may be seemingly minor or unimportant, in comparison to a grief reaction, which results from the death of a loved one. Reactive depression must be evaluated in the context of the events that triggered it. Symptoms lasting longer than a few months or symptoms that interfere with daily functioning, such as work, school, family, or personal relationships, are significant enough to require a psychological evaluation.
What are the Symptoms of Reactive Depression?
Symptoms of reactive depression include feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, restlessness, and sadness. Fatigue and insomnia may follow these feelings, leading to increased irritability or anxiety. Eating problems may arise, manifested as significant weight loss or gain. Difficulty in concentrating, making decisions or remembering things, as well as somatic symptoms such as pain, headaches, and gastrointestinal problems may also occur. Self-destructive behaviors can arise, such as drinking heavily, drug use, or even suicidal thoughts or actions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Depression

How is Reactive Depression diagnosed?
Reactive depression is diagnosed on the basis of depressive symptoms related to a troubling life event or situation. It is important to uncover the psychosocial stressors that underlie the reactive depression. It is also appropriate to delineate the timeline of symptoms in relation to an inciting event. Next, a psychologist or psychiatrist should inquire as to how the depressive episodes have interfered with the Client’s everyday living, including negative effects on family, friends, work or school. Any history of drug or alcohol abuse or self-medication should be explored. When a person with reactive depression turns to substance abuse or self-medication, treatment becomes more complicated.
What is the Prognosis for Reactive Depression?
Reactive depression is a highly treatable psychological problem. Because it is a maladaptive response to a specific psychosocial stressor, psychotherapy can address the underlying issues with clarity. In addition to psychotherapy, sleep and stress management, and psycho-education can significantly improve the wellness of someone with a reactive depression.
What Complications can Slow Recovery?
Persons with reactive depression may feel powerless to find help. They may be living with a low energy state, or feelings of fear and hopelessness and helplessness. The first step for them is getting to a treatment provider. When substance abuse (especially alcohol, marijuana or cocaine) or self-medication complicates the picture, effective psychological and medical treatment becomes crucial.
How Can Friends and Family Help?
As mentioned, a person with reactive depression may have difficulty seeking help for many reasons. The strength of the social network of a person with a reactive depression, especially family, friends, co-workers and loved ones, is an important predictor of recovery. Family members or a spouse often are the ones who bring the Client to a treatment center and support them throughout their treatment course. Thus, psycho-education is very important for family members so that they may understand when the person with reactive depression needs help the most. This involves strengthening coping skills and resources.
When Should a person with Reactive Depression enter a treatment center?
When symptoms have lasted more than six months, or they are negatively impacting daily school or work life and personal and family relationships, an intensive treatment program is an appropriate option. While the first step is often once per week psychotherapy or medication, this may be ineffective at managing serious symptoms of reactive depression. A treatment facility, like PCH Treatment Center, offers a completely different approach to a mood disorder. We have the expertise and experience to effectively diagnosis and treat reactive depression when it is negatively impacting a person’s life.
How does PCH Treatment Center treat Reactive Depression?
When a Client enters PCH Treatment Center with Reactive Depression, they receive a thorough initial assessment by a doctoral level psychologist. This involves accurately determining their symptoms and the underlying psychosocial stressors or situations which are provoking negative thoughts and feelings underlying the reactive depression. An initial assessment is also performed by the Clinical Director, Dr. Jeff Ball, as well as our Psychiatrist, Dr. William Wirshing. The Client’s medication regimen is evaluated, and an appropriate plan is made with a de-emphasis on medication treatment. The correct diagnosis leads to the proper treatment plan, and PCH Treatment Center features expert diagnosticians. Each Client is discussed at our weekly case conference, as well, and they are benefiting from the input of our many doctoral level staff members. Treatment of reactive depression then involves individual psychotherapy sessions, group therapies including Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) https://gamutschool.org/
, anger management, sleep management group, psycho-education and holistic options including yoga, mindfulness meditation, acupuncture, massage, and art therapy. Family therapy groups are also available. These valuable groups incorporate family members or significant others into the Client’s treatment environment.
2 THOUGHTS ON “REACTIVE DEPRESSION”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.