Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Update On Clara Chime. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Clara Chime. (42405 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation. / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Am not telling the Nairaland version, am telling the personal version, she went to FGGC Sokoto, had same friends from then till now, it was this friends who got her help.

Its not the what people said story I am saying but the real life one. She didnt meet him married, thats the fact. She was happy the first year till he changed and then the abuse started

Ain't making this up, this is not dem say dem say matter, she knew what she was setting herself up for. She was a runs girl who thought she had struck hold unbeknown to her that na fish bone hook her neck. She snatched her friend's dad.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
hayorbaami:
Actually the message is "NOTHING should stop you from leaving an abusive relationship..." There are rehabilitation institutions for victims of abuse, don't act naïve on this. But of what use are these centres if victims of abuse are not ready to leave because of money, stigma or fear of being without a man, shame, etc?
First lady could have chosen to remain in the abusive relationship because of the position, fame, wealth and avoidance of stigma , but she spoke out and that is why she got the needed help. Only a victim can set herself free when she wants to, no one else can. And help can only come when you genuinely seek for it.
@ topic, this is the first time I'm reading this version of her story though. I have always read that she was the reason the first wife left and she knew who she was getting herself involved with, a philandering picanto-sharing man. Whatever the story is, I'm glad she's set herself free and has moved on. That's the most important thing. I assume she'll get the custodian of her son sooner too.

Unfortunately bloggers and even us prefer the touched up version of stories. Makes it sweeter when we can Judge and condemn, however till it comes close to home people will always prefer rumours over the true version. As long as he is a divorcee and she married him they would somehoe prefer to report that she broke his home which was far from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
hayorbaami:

Not many people do and I think that is why stories like this should be shared to motivate the few ones at the verge of leaving to take that bold step without having a last thought.

Fair point

I wish though a normal woman was used

Mrs chime is connected
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
Ain't making this up, this is not dem say dem say matter, she knew what she was setting herself up for. She was a runs girl who thought she had struck hold unbeknown to her that na fish bone hook her neck.

Runs girl working with PTDF? She went to school, got good grades, got a masters, got a good job and was starting her life when she met him. Haba

6 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Mintayo(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
virago: Okay but we also learnt she was already dating Chime while he was still married to his ex wife and she was instrumental to the ex wife leaving. At that time she was a colleague/course mate/ class mate to Chime's daughter so she isn't totally free from blame. Karma is a bitch.
Yes and a patient one too!

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sloan:
Selective happiness: so you are happy the truth prevailed over power, giving this woman a choice but by the same token you and your people insist that Nigerians be yoked to this worse-than-Chime PDP and Jonabomb?? Chime only abused 1 woman, PDP and Jonadumb have organized and supervised the death of almost 20,000 in 5 years! But you are not crying because they are mostly from the north and middle belt!
If this was PSquare and Lola Omotayo, I bet you would be singing a different tunes, heaping all the blames on Lola right? Some of you have a contract with a cursed way of thinking and that is why you will always remain in bondage. To be clear, I am referring to ALL of YOU in that neck of the woods...and I don't have to be more explicit!

Me and my "people" ke? I dont understand all this? What has Lola and Peter got to do with this?
For the records I support Peters stance with his wife. PDP? I am not political
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by hayorbaami: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

Fair point

I wish though a normal woman was used

Mrs chime is connected

I modified my post but you already quoted me. Why do you think she found her feet only because she is connected? She is neither physically nor mentally challenged. She has her certificates and With or without patience she could have done something good for herself in another line(business, corporate or whatwhat).

Btw,what do you mean by you wish a normal woman was used. The thread is about an update on mrs clara a victim of abuse.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sloan:
Selective happiness: so you are happy the truth prevailed over power, giving this woman a choice but by the same token you and your people insist that Nigerians be yoked to this worse-than-Chime PDP and Jonabomb?? Chime only abused 1 woman, PDP and Jonadumb have organized and supervised the death of almost 20,000 in 5 years! But you are not crying because they are mostly from the north and middle belt!
If this was PSquare and Lola Omotayo, I bet you would be singing a different tunes, heaping all the blames on Lola right? Some of you have a contract with a cursed way of thinking and that is why you will always remain in bondage. To be clear, I am referring to ALL of YOU in that neck of the woods...and I don't have to be more explicit!

And I am from the North. Have lost friends to the blasts, have had family members as blast victims. So I dont get this attack
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
until she used juju to hook him.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by hayorbaami: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Me and my "people" ke? I dont understand all this? What has Lola and Peter got to do with this?
For the records I support Peters stance with his wife. PDP? I am not political

I sighed reading that post of his. What has that gibberish got to do with clara's abuse story. Feminism angle too is already creeping in. Next you'll hear is "e be like say na you be clara"..nairaland eh.

Like someone said this story has made fp a couple of times in the past year and we have been fed with the same story, so people leaning towards this version of your story will be a tough one. Yeah, kinda like expect more antagonising posts. Lol

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by zicoraads: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Aisha2 are u her P.A? This one u are defending her with all ur might begs lotta questions. Ehen...make I talk my own...

**clears throat**

Am very happy for her, no one should go thru what she went through. But am not surprised that happened to her. And to some extent, maybe she brought it on herself. I see her type of lady almost everyday. They carry themselves like they own the whole town. The only guys they get down with are the larger than life politicians in town. Am very sure she had men coming her way, but the allure of marrying a governor was too strong to turn down.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
hayorbaami:

I modified my post but you already quoted me. Why do you think she found her feet only because she is connected? She is neither physically nor mentally challenged. She has her certificates and With or without patience she could have done something good for herself in another line(business, corporate or whatwhat).

Btw,what do you mean by you wish a normal woman was used. The thread is about an update on mrs clara a victim of abuse.

OK..

If you believe the impact of Mrs Jonathan in this matter is immaterial..no problem
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Runs girl working with PTDF? She went to school, got good grades, got a masters, got a good job and was starting her life when she met him. Haba

She is not from a silver spoon family and we all know what some girls get up to at University and we know they are glorified runs girls, so why are you pretending to be shocked cheesy

She met Governor Chime via his daughter and started dating him before he got divorced
That was why her own cousin spited her by having a baby with the same Governor cos they used to roll together, but she now only wanted the Governor to herself

Also didn't she get this job via "Connection" rather than merit.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
She is not from a silver spoon family and we all know what some girls get up to at University and we know they are glorified runs girls, so why are you pretending to be shocked cheesy
She met Governor Chime via his daughter and started dating Jim before he got divorced
That was why her own cousin spited her by having a baby with the same Governor cos they used to roll together, but she now only wanted the Governor to herself

Am sure even if Chimes Daughter herself came here to say this is not true we will still say na lie, we have already painted and held fast a picture of what we want to believe. A bad version seems better for us to believe.

hayorbaami:
I sighed reading that post of his. What has that gibberish got to do with clara's abuse story. Feminism angle too is already creeping in. Next you'll hear is "e be like say na you be clara"..nairaland eh.
Like someone said this story has made fp a couple of times in the past year and we have been fed with the same story, so people leaning towards this version of your story will be a tough one. Yeah, kinda like expect more antagonising posts. Lol

True that my brother.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Learned the hard way that people tend to Judge others by their own low standards.

She is a great lady, was in a bad situation and against all odds bravely left and is rebuilding her life.
Even women in worse situations stay and say "as long as he buys me rice and yams, give me me motor I will manage"

5 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by zicoraads: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Seriously, do u guys get paid to think and write like dummies? This is as dumb as it gets.
Sloan:

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by agitator: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:

She met Governor Chime via his daughter and started dating Jim before he got divorced

Your head dey for your shoulder. No mind people wey want put pepper, salt and maggi for wetin everybody know. Abi no be the same 9ja again? wetin be masters degree and PTDF job? Even commissioners, and big men daughters dey into runs.

some people like to hide the truth to protect themselves, but na only themself them dey deceive. tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=freshdude2][/quote]

Governor Chime said she used diabolical means on him. Didn't you see this in her write up too and didn't you see how that was the only place she was conspicuously silent undecided
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
Governor Chime said she used diabolical means on him. Didn't you see this in her write up too and didn't you see how that was the only place she was conspicuously silent undecided
Same Chime now fighting his deputy over Chicken farms and evev plotting his impeachment,
Same Chime whose first wife left and didnt show up for her sons wedding

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:

E maa binu na. It's just I don't believe in things like that. If he said so, he needs his head examined. Perhaps, she infected him with mental illness, or is it vice versa?!

Still, I take all such stories with a pinch of salt. Chime might be an asss but I'm not sure I'd call Clara a saint.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by SweetyZinta(f): 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
i knew truth must prevail, it's just a matter of time. D same thing President Christopher Lohan did to his wife in 24 season5, i wish she watched d film so she can pay him back d way it was acted in d film. Let him loose d power and become an ordinary citizen.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tandj: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Come enugu state people, make I ask una.
Why una governors dey always get serious problems with their wives?
Na curse?

Abeg make una go do cleansing for una govt house.
Maybe d old mama or virgin head wey dem carry do ritual for that place dey deal with them.

Make una no ki mi o. Na thinking aloud mood I dey so.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by delishpot: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
crackhaus: Indeed, money (even ghana-must-go government money) cannot buy happiness and satisfaction.

True, but we are not talking of money now. she had a good job before she married him, she quit her job for him. so I do not see where money comes into play here. besides does it mean that women should not marry rich men again? abi men should not marry rich women again?
i have seen broke ass men abuse their spouses and I have seen broke ass women abuse their husbands.
biko I see no reason why a woman should be ashamed to marry a rich man abeg.
but true, wealth cannot buy happiness but in her case she had no wealth cos he did not let her have money, she only perceived wealth. yes wealth cannot buy happiness but you wont reject the offer of 20 million bucks on that ground abi?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by maestroferddi: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:

I am surprised people seem to be absolving this Chime of a bloke. A state governor that could not observe basic continence. So his mandate in Enugu was to be a serial philanderer/orgy-maker. Never knew that this dude that looks so urbane and cultured is this irresponsible. *Tufiakwa!*

5 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
okparaugo: The former governor Maroke Namani was accused of wife maltreatment too..
maybe it is the curse of the office.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

I have a cousin too, sad thing is that after paying her hospitals she will still go back
your
cousin is a sucker for pains.
Masochist.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
This is a man who survived cancer even when he was thrice reported dead. One would have thought this will touch his heart to change but here he is immediately after he was on his wifes case. After that he is now fighting his deputy over chicken
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bezimo(m): 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
May God restore her
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by agtbulksms: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Keep your customers posted on your new products/services by an SMS, send SMS to all networks for as low as 40 kobo per SMS. Register now at www.bulksms-agt.com & get an instant bonus. REGISTRATION IS FREE!!! HURRY NOW for enquiries contact us at info.bulksms.agt@gmail.com or call 07035464430, 08172100791
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
undecided undecided
Sloan:

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
berem: so sad! some women are really dying silently and suffering all in the name of being a married woman in an abusive marriage.

too bad!
most women who stay in abusive relationships/marriages are mostly suffering from "Stockholm syndrome"(not all sha).
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
tuffgongjo: your
cousin is a sucker for pains.
Masochist.

Tell me about it. If you help her expect herto lead her husband to your place for insults and threats.
Last time my sister who no dey hear went and did Ajayi work spent 3 days with her in the hospital my sister went to work and came back to an empty ward, she cleared the bill and entered panic mode only for her to call and the husband picked and warned her "homebreaker" never to call again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.