Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society (31541 Views)

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. / Signs Of An Irresponsible Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=Cheeun][/quote]
Thank you very much and happy new month. God bless you .

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by GboyegaD(m): 4:53am On Aug 01, 2014
tintingz: Monogamy is a problem in the western countries, that's why I gave a link of whites men cheating because they are stuck in monogamy setting of marriage.

if I give you the link of countries that practises polygamy you will say "the study is false because it is a country that support polygamy"

like the study said many couples in monogamy marriage are not faithful and honest, a married man will have mistresses outside cheating and he will come home like nothing happened(adultery), this is a different case of a man introducing a second wife and wants the wife approval to marry a second wife..

It still doesn't justify that polygamist are faithful as both parties cheats.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by tintingz(m): 5:25am On Aug 01, 2014
GboyegaD:

It still doesn't justify that polygamist are faithful as both parties cheats.
ofcos yes.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by hayoakins(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2014
akinladejo:

I don't totaly agree with u, do you know y? I have an uncle who married as many as eight wives and all his children were well taken care of and they are doing very great in all field of lifes now. As far back as 1992 1993 1994 these children write want list of=N= 40,000 plus Whenever they are going to school OAU UI UNAD UNIILORIN. and so many higher school of learning then even d one in borden house then in Fed govt colleges,Though polygamy is not good o but is not d one responsible for inresponsible for inresponsible children u see around its individual of a thing.

I agree which is the reason I didnt generalise my conclusion. However, it would be a great tragedy for one to think of polygamy in this dispensation.

Beside Responsibility, spiritual warfare isn't worth it.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2014
If you don't know the meaning of unbridled,pls don't quote me to yarn rubbish.
I've had my share of silly arguments not ready to do that again.
Thank you.
Oahray: I wonder why people go on and on about universal bad traits and tag it 'Nigerian men'. Does that mean that from other continents do not neglect their kids or abuse their wives/kids too?

Someone (I think Cococandy) even tagged patriarchy as the cause of the cases of irresponsible fathers on a societal level. Tell me, are there fewer baby mamas and single parent families in the US or Sweden than in Nigeria?

The main culprit behind a man's irresponsibility is himself, but he is by no means the only one. They say charity begins at home. How many parents teach the children to be responsible? Since Nigerian mothers perform their parental roles perfectly (unlike Nigerian fathers) as you guys are trying to insinuate, why do their sons grow up to be irresponsible fathers? The mistresses men keep, are they free from a share of the blame?

At times I see some comments and wonder if it's just deep-seated bias or plain ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Oahray: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
cococandy: If you don't know the meaning of unbridled,pls don't quote me to yarn rubbish.
I've had my share of silly arguments not ready to do that again.
Thank you.
if you don't want silly arguments, don't make silly and uniformed statements. There might be someone around to call you out on it.
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2014
Also there are irresponsible mothers but not as much as irresponsible fathers, a child (man) turns out to be what the mother feeds his mind on regardless of if he has a responsible father or not you can never rule out Foundational training and bonding from the mother, if it is done right no matter the situation or challenge life throws at the man he will always come out responsible............................
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by cococandy(f): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2014
Patriachy? Didn't say anything about it.

Unbridled patriachy? Now both aren't the same and of course I've explained my post to the person who wanted to actually know what I meant.
Are both the same thing? Hardly.

But in your xtupidity,to you they mean the same thing that's why when someone says unbridled patricahy has such disadvantages you interprete it to mean that patriachy has the same disadvantages.

I suggest you read well next time before going around making a f00l of yourself.
Oahray: if you don't want silly arguments, don't make silly and uniformed statements. There might be someone around to call you out on it.
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Oahray: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2014
cococandy: Patriachy? Didn't say anything about it.

Unbridled patriachy? Now both aren't the same and of course I've explained my post to the person who wanted to actually know what I meant.
Are both the same thing? Hardly.

But in your xtupidity,to you they mean the same thing that's why when someone says unbridled patricahy has such disadvantages you interprete it to mean that patriachy has the same disadvantages.

I suggest you read well next time before going around making a f00l of yourself.
lol. Unbridled patriarchy is not patriarchy? I see. Bright red is not red. Very smart observation.

Nigeria is a patriarchal society, end of story. Calling it unbridled is subjective. What constitutes unbridled to you may not be so to the next person.

I asked a question about Nigeria your example of 'unbridled patriarchy' and the best you could do is throw tantrums about 'unbridled'. Very mature of you.

If you cannot refute a person's logic, all hope is not lost, you can still call him vile names.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Among our female posters

male as head of the family = abuse

undecided
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by bellong: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2:
I know someone who holds so much anger against his dad and we have been trying to talk with him to let go but anytime he lets his guard down small the father will call with silly demands and resentment starts again.

Tell the guy to watch this movie by Eddie Murphy "A thousand words".

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by cococandy(f): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2014
It's a patriachal world. Not just nigeria.

Yet we are among the countries where being the head of the family helps one get away with stuff they shouldn't be doing in the first place. At most they get a slap on the wrist for misbehaviour rather than face the consequences.
So yes unbridled patriachy isn't the same thing as patriachy.

I didn't believe I was going to have to explain this over and over again.

Cry me a river tongue
Read your first comment where you quoted me and see if you don't deserve a tongue lashing for trying to put me down. If it was confusing for you,you could have asked instead of assuming I have something against patriachy. Am I not bearing my father's name?
Won't my kids bear their father's name?
So why would one interprete my already explained post to mean that I think patriachy is our problem.

Una just dey feel unnecessarily witch-hunted.
Pls sort your issues undecided

Oahray: lol. Unbridled patriarchy is not patriarchy? I see. Bright red is not red. Very smart observation.

Nigeria is a patriarchal society, end of story. Calling it unbridled is subjective. What constitutes unbridled to you may not be so to the next person.

I asked a question about Nigeria your example of 'unbridled patriarchy' and the best you could do is throw tantrums about 'unbridled'. Very mature of you.

If you cannot refute a person's logic, all hope is not lost, you can still call him vile names.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2014
bellong:

Tell the guy to watch this movie by Eddie Murphy "A thousand words".

I will
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by McWhillion(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2014
oneangle: He abandoned the kids and wife for over 10years . Mother raised them all, sent them all to school. Mother passed on last year december.during burial ceremony , he saw it as an opportunity to raise funds. Which he spent on himself..now he is broke and wants the kids back.. Pleae advice..what do you call such father?

If I hack such a father to death, people will say I am an evil child shey.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Georgematics(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2014
Gynacologist: men i rily fil ur plight....it obvious tat ur d first son whch coms wif much responsibility.....may God gv u d strength to cari on....bat ma questn is dz wat culd mk ur dad b a drunkard? addiction or there is actuali somfin boderin him? no direspect thou....
it all started when he lost his Job and since then, he had not been able to snap over it but took solace in beer and more beer without giving a damn if his family eats or not.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by McWhillion(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2014
coogar:

i am not defending any irresponsible father. i called one a loser before my comment. it takes two irresponsible people to bear unwanted children

in nigeria, you would admit at least 70% of the time, men do the asking & women get to decide yes or no. if a man has irresponsibility written all over him, why should a responsible woman sleep with him & have a baby by him?

you can't exclude the mothers here.....why do some women choose to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives & then cry out the husband is irresponsible? that's hypocrisy to me.

You're not looking from the perspective of the innocent and responsible first wife the irresponsible man married, what has she done to deserve an irresponsible man as a husband and why would you want to term her as one of the "two irresponsible people who bear unwanted children" and what exactly is your definition of unwanted children.
By the way is there a defined way of recognis:ing an irresponsible man?
Your write up offends me I must say.

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Georgematics(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2014
ngona: pls encourage ur kid sisters to learn a trade or skill, no matter hw a man gives a girl money it won't satisfy her as the money she earns her self, they can also form a squad with mumcy nd pull tru for the family. Above all trust God for a better day.
ow, thanks. I'll do as u say.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2014
McWhillion:

You're not looking from the perspective of the innocent and responsible first wife the irresponsible man married, what has she done to deserve an irresponsible man as a husband and why would you want to term her as one of the "two irresponsible people who bear unwanted children" and what exactly is your definition of unwanted children.

the tortuous knots of logic you people tie yourself in. what has the perspective of the first wife got to do with what i wrote? did i mention the first wife? i said why do some women aspire to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives even when they know there's a first wife and their marriage to an already married man would cause discomfort to the first wife?

By the way is there a defined way of recognis:ing an irresponsible man?
Your write up offends me I must say.

my write up would offend you because you are a plonked first & foremost. a married man reaching out to any woman for sex has already displayed signs of irresponsibility. if the woman yields to his advances when she knows he's a married man, then she's also joined the irresponsibility bandwagon.

unwanted children are what they are - children that weren't prepared for. most illegitimate children(born out of wedlock) are unwanted children.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by McWhillion(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2014
coogar:

the tortuous knots of logic you people tie yourself in. what has the perspective of the first wife got to do with what i wrote? did i mention the first wife? i said why do some women aspire to be 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives even when they know there's a first wife and their marriage to an already married man would cause discomfort to the first wife?

my write up would offend you because you are a plonked first & foremost. a married man reaching out to any woman for sex has already displayed signs of irresponsibility. if the woman yields to his advances when she knows he's a married man, then she's also joined the irresponsibility bandwagon.

unwanted children are what they are - children that weren't prepared for. most illegitimate children(born out of wedlock) are unwanted children.

You only included the other wives in your last sentence. Looking at your statement once again you were been generic.

coogar: in nigeria, you would admit at least 70% of the
time, men do the asking & women get to
decide yes or no. if a man has irresponsibility
written all over him, why should a responsible
woman sleep with him & have a baby by him?

You didn't specify in the statement above for instance if the woman the irresponsible man is asking out is the first wife. You could have made it clear that you were referring to his extramarital excesses in the first place.
By the way, the op was referring to men's irresponsibility mostly to their first legitimate family and by logic I assume your statement should follow that train of thought.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Gynacologist(m): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Georgematics:
it all started when he lost his Job and since then, he had not been able to snap over it but took solace in beer and more beer without giving a damn if his family eats or not.
rily fill fo u bro....bt its well.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
hydeka: All I can say to young men is: Be a better man than your father.
you shall live long

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by juliebest(f): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
FOLYKAZE: I dont have father. I only have a man who manned his wife and have me in the middle.
Word! hmmm
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Flawlessss: 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Reading this made me teary eyed. I met my father briefly for the first time at age 8, his father had sent him out of the country. I called him to announce my graduation from high school,dude was so surprised like how old are you again. My mum coerced him to pay my school fees into a private uni. He promised to come home for my matric and cancelled days to the day, Same event reoccured during my graduation ceremony, Work came up. I owe everything to God and my mom but i did everything to impress my never around dad. Even though i call and he hardly gets his phone.(He's always busy) There's this longing for this love, affection and maybe time. I wish i could erase the memories of this man off my mind forever. I pity my poor fiance, i'm too independent to allow him take any significant part of our lives. Over to you Lord
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
McWhillion:
You only included the other wives in your last sentence. Looking at your statement once again you were been generic.

even the majority of the first wives must share some blame. it's high time people should start taking responsibility for the bad choices they make. what's a responsible woman doing in an irresponsible man's house? if he becomes a horn dog then the wife(1st or 30th) has only herself to blame.

You didn't specify in the statement above for instance if the woman the irresponsible man is asking out is the first wife. You could have made it clear that you were referring to his extramarital excesses in the first place.

whether first wife or tenth wife, what difference does it make? if a woman cannot open her eyes & make the right choice of a marital partner then the blame is on her.

the so-called majority of naija women are just educated, they can be stüpid when it comes to the matter of the heart - most especially the religious ones who are irritatingly obsequious to their pastors.

majority of the modern day pastors are self-centred. they want the sisters in the church marry within so they are not lost to the other churches. in that way, they just match one male wolf in sheep clothing that is available. no compatibility physically, intellectually or socially. all the pastor needs to say is "it is well" and the union is sealed.

this is why born again christians have the highest divorce rate in the world. my beef is - why are educated women falling for these cheap schemes? a brilliant woman that probably had mostly As in school would become a mere puppet in the hands of a fake man of God.....

of course, she should be held responsible for stüpudity!

By the way, the op was referring to men's irresponsibility mostly to their first legitimate family and by logic I assume your statement should follow that train of thought.

in a broader perspective, it's the same difference. when men neglect the woman in the home, it's because they have found refuge in the arms of another woman on the outside. it then begs the question - what could drive a once happily married man out of his nest? it still boils down to the compatibility issues i mentioned earlier.

when 2 incompatible people are fused together, it's only a matter of time before one of them strays.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by grandstar(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2014
child negligence is a sin against God- 1 timothy 5:8

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by jpphilips(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Georgematics: I am a perfect example of d offspring of an irresponsible Dad, though he didn't run away wit a mistress but he gave up his total life to liquor and spends his last dime on beer. now the end result is me working 7-5 while my mates are in school and the salary keeps getting drown in family problems while my 3 kid sisters are easy preys because in life we all need something's to keep life balance and only with money can we afford them. May God grant Mum d strength to carry on. and pls my fellow men, don't just take advantage of the girls you see on the streets because it not their fault but dat of a dysfunctional families. God help us all.

Naa, your sisters are all virgins and will marry virgins, thus says Nairalanders who know not that life is a virus.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by jpphilips(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amelian: Op, God bless u for bringing up dis thread. The rate men impregnante girls and dump them, is so alarming. The number of single mothers out there is increasing 2 a dangerous peak. Its seems reponsible men are gradually becoming extinct in our society. All we have these days, is selfishness in. Stvpid crafty way..
There are lots of men out there, but how many can we count 2 be responsible or 2 be a father figure?.. Single mothers are trying their best to take care of their kids, as their resources and energy deem fit, but their best is not enough..
It has even gotten 2 a stage that peers, even pastors, IMams, family members will advise a lady of 30s and above 2 start thinking of bn a single mum , if marriage is not visible angry
That's a total wrong advice, which is so rampant in the lips of most pple.. A lady who knws wat she wants, will kip faith and belive, she will still get married and start her family.. While d weak ones, will listen 2 d wind and moves any direction. D wind blows. *sighs* May God open the eyes of men and women 2 see the havoc they r causing 2 d society by not bn responsible.
God help us all.

Everyone deserve comfort in company, the fact that a woman could not get a husband is not a ticket to boredom and loneliness, there are women who are not just marriage materials unless a f00l comes knocking, what do you expect of them? continue waiting for a f00l or bring up a child (company) and wave good bye to solitary life.
I may be wrong by religious standards but common sense comes first! Adoption is equally an option when she has become mates with biblical Sarah
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by jpphilips(m): 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
Virgindove: There is beauty in diversity and strenght in polygamy if well managed. Polygamy shouldn't be blamed for irresponsibility of men that jettison their homes for angels outside. There are many other factors that could b responsible(greed, drunkiness, bad company, voodoo etc). This our idea of one man,one wife is directly linked to d growing number of single mothers and over-ripe single ladies in d society. Am an advocate of polygamy and a polygamist. Ladies should please try to be less possessive and sacrifice a bit for d world to b a better place. I love my wives and children and nothing except death could make me denied them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by jpphilips(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2014
Azwealth: My Dad and Mum should be the first to be arrested! Much love to my Grandma

case wey pass Govt, na god go settle ur matter grin grin grin
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by nefertiitii: 2:37am On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2015
cococandy:
I know the son of a permanent secretary of this state who can't even boast of a good life.
His father Reports directly to the gov of this state but leaves his children to live pauper's lives.

I don't know if to blame polygamy for his problem because they say he focuses all his attention on his second wife and her kids.

Or if to blame his lack of parental love for his first kids.

Too bad
He is surely under a spell, the 2nd wife definately behind this. Its a pity this nonsense is happening & govt arent doing anything about it. This exactly happened 2 me too.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Chukapage(m): 6:16am On Aug 19, 2019
Sophyrocks:

Guys depending on ladies being rare in nigeria? Wow!! And you claim to live in nigeria?
stop trying to deceive those dudes because you think they are not in nigeria.men depending on women in Nigeria is so RARE WOMEN ARE THE ONES KNOWN TO BE THE PARASITES HERE. Nigerian men are born hustlers we no be Akata that his girlfriend will be catering for while his comfortable. Even you know!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Pleasant And Awful Surprises Of Marriage / Nigeria Woman Delivers Quadruplets After Over 20 Years Of Waiting / 5 Signs Of A Childish Adult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.