Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society (30616 Views)

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. / Signs Of An Irresponsible Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by josh001(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
My dad is the best the World can offer on dads. If all dads were like that, I bet the world would be problem free

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pelvicky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
father shd nt neglect their family.,provide basic necessity for the children,provide this and that....abeg it depend on wetin dey for pocket
A situation where father business is not yielding profit...what can he do

Abeg poverty na bastard!!! Lets try,struggle,hustle to eradicate it

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
I love my mum biko

Sometimes I just wonder if my father is my real father lipsrsealed

Finest boy said so.

#Anti-US

7 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by holyboss: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nd u expect me to read all this?

Hell no....not while am working
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Exactly... old school men not nowadays

CaptainBomb: My Ex Boss father is a very good Example. Father of the owner of Canadah Foods Restaurant Ebute meta.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Padipadi(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

damn..this is bad...
Yeah. It's so bad. Their kids don't enjoy life. Many end up like their father
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by myspnigeria: 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
they are annoying
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by tuffgongjo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
This is the major cause of the Ills in our society today.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Doyensky: 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Figure head father everywhere. Som cud b so hrtless, dey wnt contribute anytin meaningful n wil stil want to make decision. Imagine a situation where the man is nt workin, wil wait for the wife to bring salary n wil stil be the one to draw up the budget, and determine how the money wil be spent. God dey sha. Kudos to my papa, evn though we are many, he never shied away from his responsibilities

11 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Padipadi:
Yeah. It's so bad. Their kids don't enjoy life. Many end up like their father

A lot dont.. they stay away from that way of life

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
He abandoned the kids and wife for over 10years . Mother raised them all, sent them all to school. Mother passed on last year december.during burial ceremony , he saw it as an opportunity to raise funds. Which he spent on himself..now he is broke and wants the kids back.. Pleae advice..what do you call such father?

6 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by MizMyColi(f): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
idirect:
I no hear wetin you talk abeg
Huh?! undecided
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
oneangle: He abandoned the kids and wife for over 10years . Mother raised them all, sent them all to school. Mother passed on last year december.during burial ceremony , he saw it as an opportunity to raise funds. Which he spent on himself..now he is broke and wants the kids back.. Pleae advice..what do you call such father?

a loser! grin

Padipadi:
my dear, it's real in Nigeria.
These kinds of fathers makes up to 60% of dads in my area.
So many broken family, single mothers, futureless children.

it begs the question though - who are the women sleeping with these irresponsible men? were they räped or they are too blind to see through the irresponsibility of these useless men?

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Poverty is a social factor we seem to be missing out. All things being equal.. we should have responsible fathers. The frequency and high levels of irresponsible fathers and careless care free fish-brain girls also contribute to the ease with which they get pregnant and dumped

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
hmn
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by harbeordune(f): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Some Nigerian fathers even prefer to spend all they have in a beer parlour than paying school fees of children especially in cases of male child preference. These class of men need to go into extinction.

10 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Padipadi(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

A lot dont.. they stay away from that way of life
Some of those kids are helpless & didn't v the opportunity for breakthrough. Why, because that's the norms of their family. Their grandfather, greatgrandfather were also irresponsible to their grandmother & greatgrandmother. Their family is myopic within the bad behaviour. They don't see what's bad in it to be just irresponsible to their wife & kids. They believe it's a normal thing. You ll see such family filled with never do well people.
It looks like am exaggerating, but it's real.

7 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
[[b]quote author=voltron]Poverty is a social factor we seem to be missing out. All things being equal.. we should have responsible fathers. The frequency and high levels of irresponsible fathers and careless care free fish-brain girls also contribute to the ease with which they get pregnant and dumped[b]

U re right
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
voltron: Poverty is a social factor we seem to be missing out. All things being equal.. we should have responsible fathers. The frequency and high levels of irresponsible fathers and careless care free fish-brain girls also contribute to the ease with which they get pregnant and dumped

i can add to that.....
many of these women actually know the men they are sleeping with are married with lots of children and they still sleep with him anyways. when they get pregnant, they scream from the roof top.

the irresponsibility didn't start with the abandonment of the children, it started when the girls willingly had unprotected sex with a married man just because she wants to own a blackberry.

6 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Cheeun(f): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
They often tend to make the family go through psychological trauma esp. the mother. The children, maybe. It's hell, i tell ya and i've been there too. cry

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kudos to all the great fathers.

Thumbs down to all those pot bellied men who spend monday to friday at drinking joints carrying small girls on their laps leaving their long suffering wives to raise the kids on her own.

I remember the story by Obasanjos wife how she had her car break down on her way to visit the kids on third mainland bridge and her husband drove past her with a car full of women. I also remember his sons sworn statement in court that he slept with his wife.

I know someone who holds so much anger against his dad and we have been trying to talk with him to let go but anytime he lets his guard down small the father will call with silly demands and resentment starts again.

This lousy attitidude is not only fathers some mothers are worse. They see their kids as tools for competition sending them to steal and prostitute just to meet their greedy appetite.

Being a parent is a whole load or responsiblity, if you are not ready to be FULLY one then please dont. Stay lousy use protection and enjoy as much as you want, dont bring children into your pathetic existance and selfishness

7 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Pavore9: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
E tire me! Recall an incident in 2009, a corper took a night bus from the East to Lagos to come beat up his father, the father had been stealing from the mum to play pool & drink ogogoro after d mum hustled under the sun d whole day selling fruits.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Irresponsible society na..
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
If Only Original Poster will Create a Thread Appreciating Fathers.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Padipadi(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
coogar:

a loser! grin

it begs the question though - who are the women sleeping with these irresponsible men? were they räped or they are too blind to see through the irresponsibility of these useless men?
You look like someone that's not based in Nigeria.
Did I guess right?
Anyways, in the western part of Nigeria, lots of women are decieved daily by these men. Some of these men may be responsible during courtship & during the early years of their marriage but change later on. From what I know, these men change when they meet a new mistress. The annoying part is they ll now abandon the other wife or wives & kids to concentrate on the new mistress.
Lastly, the women also share part of the blame. No matter how illiterate or uneducated they may be, they should not continually get pregnant for such men or possibly refuse them. Cos such men only remember them for sex & nothing else. When the sex turns to children, these men ll not be responsible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Padipadi:
Some of those kids are helpless & didn't v the opportunity for breakthrough. Why, because that's the norms of their family. Their grandfather, greatgrandfather were also irresponsible to their grandmother & greatgrandmother. Their family is myopic within the bad behaviour. They don't see what's bad in it to be just irresponsible to their wife & kids. They believe it's a normal thing. You ll see such family filled with never do well people.
It looks like am exaggerating, but it's real.

It does to me...seriously

No wonder there is so much anger in these boards

If you don't use your money to ensure your kids get out of poverty how will they break out
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Padipadi:
You look like someone that's not based in Nigeria. Did I guessed right?

Anyways, in the western part of Nigeria, lots of women are decieved daily by these men. Some of these men may be responsible during courtship & during the early years of their marriage but change later on. From what I know, these men change when they meet a new mistress. The annoying part is they ll now abandon the other wife or wives & kids to concentrate on the new mistress.

Lastly, the women also share part of the blame. No matter how illiterate or uneducated they may be, they should to continually get pregnant for such men or possibly refuse them. Cos such men only remember them for sex & nothing else. When the sex turns to children, these men ll not be responsible.

to cut the long story short....we are saying the same thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by uglyogre(f): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Many nigerian fathers are grossly irresponsible. This is due to the high irresponsibility of nigerian men who are faring worse.

Mr Okiki, what is my pikin's picture doing on your profile. Take it down immediately

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by rutibaby(f): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
They cause BH & SUICIDE BOMBING !!!.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by EmeeNaka: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Does it mean that mothers has nothing to contribute on child's upbringing?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by coogar: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
uglyogre: Many nigerian fathers are grossly irresponsible. This is due to the high irresponsibility of nigerian men who are faring worst.

Mr Okiki, what is my pikin's picture doing on your profile. Take it down immediately

if that pikin is yours, is it possible you can show us the dad? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Dad Beats Babysitter Unconscious For Molesting Son / How I Nearly Killed My Aunt Last Christmas / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.