Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. (27712 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / List Of Nigerian Radio Stations That Are Online (stream) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Dhelake: 6:54am On Aug 01, 2014
4 stations does it for me, Top Radio, Cool FM, Beat FM and Nigeria Info

Top Radio : My favs are Olawale Adigun for Back to Back sports and Sports Cafe, he and Yomi Kazeem have a very good knowledge of football but they get emotional when speaking about Arsenal and Man Utd respectively, I also love Tosyn Bucknor, I rarely miss her Area Show

Cool FM : I like Dotun like anything, great guy, I listen to Midday Oasis with him and Temi. I like N6 as well, most especially his Saturday programme, Olodo game show

Beat FM : I love Gbemi like anything, she's the only real female OAP in beat FM, I love listening to her when she starts the show, when her and Toolz gist about all sort of things. The other person i like is Douglas for the Traffic request show, he's as well the realest Male OAP in beat, I don't listen always to his show but i like him

Nigeria Info :: Femi and the Gang, They are the best thing to happen to football in Nigeria in the past 4 years, I listen to them most especially weekends. The other show i like there is let's talk with Fola and Gbenga, I listen to this show almost everyday except on Mondays when only Fola does the show, I like the Gbenga guy, he's matured, rarely gets angry not like Fola, if you take rudely to her, she will cut you off sharply

And to the Nigerian Info callers, those guys are loyal, I don't think they listen to other stations at all, The likes CY, Darlington, Obaro, Adams and the rest

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by igbsam(m): 6:55am On Aug 01, 2014
If you talking Charles B then you've not Heard of Inspiration FM's WannaWanna & Aunt Landa, Sharing Life Issues can never be better with this 2. I'm stuck with this frequency day in day out.

Other Channels I could make do with are: City Fm, Niger Info and Beat FM

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by dridowu: 7:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Vessel4christ: Faaji fm all the way. Banjo Ojedeji is my fav. He sounds like Gbenga Adeboye (of blessed memory)

BTW, hapi new month frnds. May God give us (and Nigeria @ large) reasons to smile dis August. An august visitor dat wil make our lives a positive testimony will com our ways dis month. Peace be unto us.
when does he come on air , banjo ojedeji ?
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by orumajunior(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Silverbird rhythm Fm all the way, 93.7fm Lagos, 94.7fm Abuja. Best DJ. DJ smooth,DJ mandas, DJ humility, DJ Ay and DJ Sunnyjef in Jos, simply da best
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by phrezzz: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2014
I love The Beat expecially Morning rush with maria okon, Olisa also love tablesofmen on Coolfm with DJxclusive and dadddy Freeze. Worst OAP should be Chocolate the girl from Rainbow fm. So wack!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:14am On Aug 01, 2014
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by chioma134: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Discovered WEfm in Abuja few months ago. Those guys are professional and highly enlightened, with interesting talk shows, especially Stanley on the Morning Mojo,and Camry in the evenings.
Wazobia fm rocks,cos its all natural.
Cool fm is ok, except for the fake accents of virtually all the presenters. It pisses me off. But their music is good.
Not forgetting Brekete family on Love fm. The programme rocks. But other programmes on the station are not too interesting.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by a4hafoe(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2014
radio,the best friend of d mass.. glad pple in nija are in love with aw it roll in here...lagos stations are awesome with fantastic oap...dotun,temi,kaila,freez,manni and the angels,mercy,dj xclusive wat more can u get? i love cool fm...femi and the gang on nija info dem gbaYii pass anything..
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Meekmind(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Top radio 90.9 does it 4 me, starting with olawale adigun's back to back sports 4rm 6am-6:30am, then to the area mama show from the best area boss herself (the best OAP so far tosyn bucknor) this is from 6:30am-11am) from their oga Godwin and his indefatiguable crew picks it up 4rm dere from 11am-12pm, then various music starts popping up 4rm 12pm-1pm, which will officially launch us to OAP @ large and the rating of the playlists by listeners, this programme is anchored by funmi, shade and d rest sha and dis is from 12pm-4pm, den korebrown takes it up 4rm dere feeling our hearts with undilluted nigeria music 4rm 4pm-6pm, den olawale adigun pops up again dis time with sports cafe 4rm 6pm-7pm, den korebrown resurfaces again with the driveshow from 7-9pm, den stranger does the rest. 4rm 9-12pm....top radio, a station after my own heart...#teamtopradio#

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Pavore9: 7:22am On Aug 01, 2014
l hope to set up a radio station in the future wit focus on community development emphasising on agriculture, green energy and resources.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Psalmwellcology: 7:25am On Aug 01, 2014
Currently listening to Areeeaaaaa boss Tosyn Bucknor on Top Radio 90.9 >> Best Female OAP.... But the best Radio presenter has to be Murphy of Sports Radio 88.9 Brila FM..... If ur club lose abeg no turn ur radio to diz dial oooo. The guy too gbaski... Fluent in English, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, pidgin.....
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by repogirl(f): 7:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Rhythm FM is drab here in Abuja, I could manage them when I was in Lagos, my fav OAP in Lagos is Freeze, the guy makes it seem so easy and very entertaining.

in Abuja, I love kiss fm. 99.9, and my fave OAPs are the duo of Gang and Anita on the morning experience. Gang is just funny sometimes, they could do better though. I love Bunmi also but he talks a bit much, his show is quite informative sha but can get boring sometimes. I listen to only kiss fm cos they are the only ones who can hold my attention, they play great music. Cool fm abuja's OAPs talk too much and its like they love the sound of their own voices, I hardly listen to them.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Talius(m): 7:30am On Aug 01, 2014
In Lagos
I love cool fm ( do2dtun temi freeze n6 mannie And the angels kaylah )
I love 9ja fm ( ushbebe moyo Sabina AJEBO Godwin OTB osam )
I love Nigerian info ( alibaba Katherine )
I love rhythm fm cos of Ik and omalicha
In Enugu
I love dream fm completely and totally undisputedly
cos of Gloria didi nna men Marcus lyrics dem too much
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by orobs93(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Nigeria OAP ar really on point in benin rythm vibes ray power itv radio are da bomb u gat loque bursting ma brain from rythm,EDK and Monique from Vibes,Chika 4rm raypower,Sydney shocker 4rm Itv radio just feeling like turning off my tv most times
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by frainc(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2014
Op thank you for this thread
I will also like to point out what most of this so call presenters and djs on our radio stations always do

In other country
I meant to understand that as an up and coming act
All you need to do for your song to be air is
Go there
Submit your job (mastered and mixed track)
Then pray for favour for your your song to be air and always stay glue to your radio

But in this country from my own personal experience ( I go mention the station name o)

When unilag fm was still on board
There was a program jude (a presenter there) handling
And he said if you are an up coming act with recorded song
Unilag fm will promot you free
But when I got there
This guy just knack me heavy bill

2) This one happened with radio continental dj (forgotten his name)
The guy carry me go Bank PHB (now keystone) very close to them and withdrew money for him before he even agree to play my job
And just b'cos I could not afford to pay him exactly the amount he requested for
He stop playing the track

3) This one na with raypower fm lagos
When I went there
I met a guy call Babson then
He told me 'ho ha' that if I want my song to be on constant replay
I need to come for meeting with the other presenters to know my bill

4)This one happen to my friend and wazobia
He was told to bring #80k (acording to what he told me) before his songs can be air

Now with all this pay this pay that
How will someone think of doing them (presenters and djs) good when you do blow

Abeg make them take am easy on us o
To pay for quality studio no bi beans o

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by bknight: 7:36am On Aug 01, 2014
My insatiable love for music just keeps me going through & through all stations. The more music u play, the more I listen. The more talk u talk, the less I listen.

If you love 80s & 90s Classic fm is bomb!
City fm
Smooth fm
Cool fm gives me some good rock music
Rythm fm is very urban
Traffic fm (those phone-in LASTMA officials shld take crash course in english)

Sometimes I'm scanning through stations looking for what to listen to, I only stop briefly to listen to some classic juju&highlife Obey, KSA, Osadebe, Owoh on Faaji fm.

I love raypower. Ambrose Somide has a sense of humor I like.

World chat show cheesy

If u love music like I do, and do news like I do then u should listen to the radios

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by ITbomb(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2014
Rhythm makes me listen to radio
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by ITbomb(m): 7:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Pavore9: l hope to set up a radio station in the future wit focus on community development emphasising on agriculture, green energy and resources.
And who will pay the bills.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by ikevin(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2014
musicwriter: Nice observations though I don't agree with all what you said cause it seems you're biased of rythm FM.

One thing I agree with you is some of the presenters knows nothing about music. Some of them think azonto is the only form of music on the planet. I'm an independent recording artiste and just few days ago I went to a radio station to deposit an album and one of their staff told me they're looking for pop culture kind of azonto songs. He even went further to give me example saying one of the guys that sing trash, and at that point I just shook my head and told him goodbye. And as I walked away I couldn't help asking myself how he made it to the OAP at that station.

As I speak, this same song have over 100,000 downloads from all over the world on iTunes alone.

Download my songs and be the judge. Find on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/african-school/id891150570
Find on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/African-School-SON/dp/B00LFNJ4NK/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1405482934&sr=1-1&keywords=african+school

You can find it on other digital music stores. To know more about me please see the link below.
Artiste: SON
Album: African school
Twitter: @african_school
Website: http://www.africason.com/2014/06/african-school-of-grassroots-science.html
we won't download lai lai tongue d numbers of download is okay. Off you go

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by deedrizzie: 7:41am On Aug 01, 2014
Beat FM of lyf o....best OAP eva is Osi...very crazy individual ..Toolz is cool...Maria of d morning rush has a voice that can make a man jump off d third mainland.... Then there's Double D on d Triple 9 (Douglas x Dami)...Beat 99.9 is cool...urban...n dry hv a great sense of music.... Holla to every oda Beat Nation citizen here!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by BobbyDean(m): 7:45am On Aug 01, 2014
I think N6(cool fm) does well on the saturday afternoon groove. Top show, educative & hilarious(especially d olodo game show)
Omalicha(rhythm fm) handle her bizness well too. Then Sharing Life Issues With Chaz B(also rhythm) is the bomb!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Teespice(f): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2014
The only radio station that makes sense to me is inspiration fm

The rest........... Make I no talk.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Gbajabiamila1: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2014
I like Wazobia fm but they too dey advertise. Any small thing, Yaw don go drink water. It's like the superstory. 20 mins of the hour for the normal story, the remaining 40 for commercials. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by rildwanullahi(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2014
disloman: Don't listen to radio xcept Top sport on Top radio.Don't find listening to radio interesting anymore.My opinion.
na oga g and his crew biko.i dey always plan to b les busy by 11 am
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by rildwanullahi(m): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2014
Oap at large on top radio gbam,inspiration fm early mawning programs are all wondaful [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Chamack: 7:53am On Aug 01, 2014
No station can be like defunct Cosmo Fm Enugu, Ralph , Temi, Onochie,Ogusbaba and Wanita, they were the best. I still miss then till date. Though I listen to rythm, cool fm, inspiration etc.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by yommyphresh(m): 7:57am On Aug 01, 2014
Tosyn bucknor(she anchors 'Top of the Morning' show) of Top Radio. One of the realest OAPs we have around!
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Alexk2(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2014
Olekumaster:
most presenters on Grace FM in Kogi rocks!
But programmes on state owned radio stations are xoxo annoying. All you
hear is one nasty politician appraising the Governor even when they are
just siphoning funds!
you've said it all.
i hate that confluence fm.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by judedwriter(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Was a die hard fan of dan forster of inspiration fm until he left sad also love toolz voice on beat fm-she got a crisp british accent wink
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Pavore9: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2014
ITbomb:
And who will pay the bills.
lt is already in the calculation. l am understudying community radio management in Kenya, l know what is adaptable in Nigeria.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Alexk2(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2014
festuskol:
Am guessing that most of you guys are teenagers or or
early 20's cos u seem to love music more than self dev n spiritual
increase.. Mine is 92.3 inspiration fm. But I love many other programs
on others statiins as well, i shuttle btw 98.1 smooth fm but ifm
still.trips moi.
age have nothing to do with all what you are talking abt. havent u see a 40+ adults who careless abt self dev programs?....
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Pavore9: 8:11am On Aug 01, 2014
l do wonder how myopic some state-owned radio stations are.Their programming is mostly focused on propanga as against development. U see a state-owned radio in an agricultural state with poor information dissemination on development in agriculture!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards / Where Can I Download Latest Foreign Music / Satanic Music And Dance So Cherished By Christians In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.