Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. (27709 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / List Of Nigerian Radio Stations That Are Online (stream) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Larich01(m): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
loving Dan Foster on City Fm, Murphy Jemba a k a yigaaaaaaa on Brilla every night, Douglas on the night show and Chris the Razor on Beat FM respectively, Sabina and Hush Baby on Naijafm, and the last but not the least BELLAROSE on Inspiration Fm wedding bells every saturday morning.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by macklef(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
edeata:

Tuush? You rily tuush? You look around you and you are tuush? You are lost! Very lost with your wannabe dreams, if you seriously look at another Nigerian with a taste for completely Nigerian original content and call him 'illiterate'. Take a good look around your society, your neighbourhood, YOUR FAMILY. What most of them do, how they speak, what they listen to mostly, that is the true definition of who you are. You can continue being high on u and keep faking and existing in a virtual realm till you attain self discovery. Well, you are not the only one.

As for me, and many other true naija peeps, we will continue listening to my 'kpako' radios. Meanwhile, I have not completely ruled out the quality programmes some of the 'Behind' stations have.
Heheh, no mind me oga, i just wan find ur trouble ni, really, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks, as they say.
But mehn seriously, listening to all thos wazobia things is like watching a mr ibu and osofia movie to me. Reduces ones IQ.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by toseenore(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
I love 96.9 die, it makes me feel foreign
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Adolfhitler(m): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
I can't easily forget COSMO FM Enugu. Who knows what actually happened to that station?.anyways, i prefer nigeria info PH anytime i visit naija.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by maestroferddi: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Vicky2k: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yes that lady is Vanessa who handles Night Cab Belt and the talk with Vanessa. Dream 92.5 FM is the Best in the whole of South East. My Best programmes and On Air Personalities are Talking Sports from 7:00 am to 8:00 Am Weekdays with the Duo Osondu and Ella. From 8 to 9 Am, Jude Handles the Birthday Show then Ayo handles Political Voices from 9 to 10 Am then Mid Day Express Comes thereafter with Tobe Da Diva Fabulous Gloria is my Best News presenter and her Evening Show people's Forum by 5 to 6 Pm is Great and very Informative. Also Her Saturday Morning Weekend Wakeup Show is very Nice Too. Didi Nnamehn is No Longer Active. Then At Night lady Vanessa Keeps me Company on Night Cab Belt. Dream FM Makes Sense Die. While at PH, Wazobia FM programs are Nice Too.
You are right on the money. I could pick the names Vanessa and Ayo. The Vanessa lady sounded so likable and personable. Seems you reside at Enugu as per your elaboration. Enugu, such an idyllic city peopled by classy and refined individuals...
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by ApahDaniel(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Kimberley Nwachukwu of Nigeria Info Abuja
Silva Iwong Ugi of Brila FM Abuja
RoseMary of Cool FM Abuja
Ciana of HOT FM and
Willy Willy of Wazobia
All these OAPs sometimes make me feel like selling my TV to buy a radio

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by MrRhymes101(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Olekumaster: most presenters on Grace FM in Kogi rocks!
But programmes on state owned radio stations are xoxo annoying. All you hear is one nasty politician appraising the Governor even when they are just siphoning funds!
true tok bro!!! Also love 2 listen 2 Grace FM anytym am in lokoja ........in lag its WAZOBIA FM 4 me o! Den COMEDY HAPI HOUR WIT DE DON on RAINBOW FM every weekday 4pm-6pm really funny radio show.....by d way I future on it some times *winks*
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Fulaman198(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Is the OP a Nigerian? He wrote programmes in the American English manner.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by DhaPope(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
Vessel4christ: Faaji fm all the way. Banjo Ojedeji is my fav. He sounds like Gbenga Adeboye (of blessed memory)

BTW, hapi new month frnds. May God give us (and Nigeria @ large) reasons to smile dis August. An august visitor dat wil make our lives a positive testimony will com our ways dis month. Peace be unto us.
y does it sound like I knw u?
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
All those fake azz accents of some lagos OAPs make me not want to listen to the radio

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
macklef:
No be lie, coolfm of the 2000 is like a barcelona side, while there now is like a mediocre arsenal side.
Dan foster's Ari ya ri ya...even the chocolat royale jingles were always cool and candid radio

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ladystewie: All those fake azz accents of some lagos OAPs make me not want to listen to the radio
The accents are not really fake...they're just out of place and not in touch with reality....Its like speaking phonetics for agberos
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
grin
gmyguy: The accents are not really fake...they're just out of place and not in touch with reality....Its like speaking phonetics for agberos
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
the funny bit is when you have all these phonetically speaking OAPs interviewing our local artists and it seems like its not just connecting, then i'd need some wazobia...i just enjoy them for the sake of listening to foreign RnBs...and its always a drag not being able to call in to their shows...a big letdown...and your tweets just get brushed over like rain drops
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by okeymadu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
Where is Jennifer of SMoothFM's Single and Smooth programme?
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by zika1(f): 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
U only get d best 4rm d coolwazobia9jainfo family. They truly represent wat radio shld be...FUN!!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by meforyou1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nigeria info 95.1 is d bomb in abuja especially their A Team presenters. And Facts or so by Kim and Kimberly. Sports FM Britain 88.9 also has wonderful programs and presenters.
The best OAP in abuja shaa is Expensive Wazobia FM

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by meforyou1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
ApahDaniel: Kimberley Nwachukwu of Nigeria Info Abuja
Silva Iwong Ugi of Brila FM Abuja
RoseMary of Cool FM Abuja
Ciana of HOT FM and
Willy Willy of Wazobia
All these OAPs sometimes make me feel like selling my TV to buy a radio
on point. Silva has fake accents shaa. Kimberly is wonderful
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Moreena(f): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
In Jos I love David king of Rythm and Mr May 11,sterry J of peace This lizzy ehn she talks 2 much n ha accent is so so fake #my opinion sha#
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by chibwike(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
BobbyDean: I think N6(cool fm) does well on the saturday afternoon groove. Top show, educative & hilarious(especially d olodo game show)
Omalicha(rhythm fm) handle her bizness well too. Then Sharing Life Issues With Chaz B(also rhythm) is the bomb!
is rhythm fm now airing sharing life issues?
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by eminemkayc: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Love mofe oyatogun on her morning daily guide shows. Aside that, i dnt listen to radio...
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by shurl4(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=onegig]Can you please help tell the male presenters to stop sounding like hermit the frog all in the name of speaking american english?
You mean Kermit the frog? By the way you are right, they sound so weird...
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
lovingsoul: There is something happening on our radio stations that most of us don't get to observe. For those who listen to our local radio stations, you will have an idea about what am saying.No one should get me wrong, our radio stations and their respective presenters are the best thing to happen to us. There are some that could just be annoying and unbelievable.

In my opinion, rhythm fm is one of the best things on airways, they bring out the rawest form of broadcasting. The likes of Nanya, Toke, Big time, IK and Omalicha. If you listen to them you will begin to love radio more than tv, believe me.

On their contents and programs, i love virtually all, but in my opinion, Sharing life issues with charles B is the best radio program at this moment in time. Though their tv station STV leaves you annoyed most times.

After rhythm, beat fm is another cool and highly original radio station, their presenters are top notch, esp Gbemi. Cool fm and inspiration fm are also cool in their own ways. Brilla fm wows me at the depth and importances they give to sports. They are the best in their field.

Now to some radio programs and presenters that are just below par or they just try so hard to over impress and loose the fun and respect in broadcasting.

Phoneix of rhythm and her program is just a drap in my opinion. Another is the group of four on classic fm, Bukky, sholls and kayode. Most times this 3 sounds unbelievably ignorant of the larger society outside their studio, esp bukky and Kayode, i maybe wrong, but they all except Temisan sound so cocky, insensitive and highly unprofessional most times.

There are still much to say, add your views.
please could you drop their frequencies? And can they be reached from another location? Eg. Calabar
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by igbsam(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
AriDsexy:
*Chop knuckle*sharing life issues with Wanna Wanna,really cool.

Knuckle chopped and returned..oya chop your own in return. I'm a big fan of wanna wanna and aunt landa
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Mordyb: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Having been to lagos, Ph and Abuja i can boldly say ph has the worst oap and poor programs even cool fm is seriously falling hand
Abuja
morning is definitely kiss fm with and maybe cool fm
afternoon is hot fm, used to be Cool fm but since it was changed from faith and jojo i Grinch anytime i hear those fake accents

evening is no other than wazobia especially expensive

Also not forgetting brila that helps you confirm any scam you hear on the radio in the sporting section.

lagos
morning just to many choices but i stick with cool and beat fm

afternoon
wazobia

night
Nigeria info or inspiration

Port Harcourt

its them that know what they think they are doing but Nigeria info ain't bad
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Talius(m): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
maestroferddi: I hardly listen to the radio these days cos of too much plasticicity but I have to duff my hat for this Dream FM in Enugu. I went for a colleague's wife's funeral in Kogi some months ago and had cause to tune in to the station by chance. I was so wowed. There is this lady that presents a phone-in programme on relationship...classy, elegant and trendy. And I was like, Nigeria surely doesn't begin and end with Lagos and Abuja...
yea, that should be lady Vanessa, her show is at home around 10pm-1am.. she is really good...
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Davryme(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
MayflowerB: Cool Fm does it for me in PH....by d way how many stations dem get for Benin? The only tin I hear wen I tune my radio is "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"
Big lie......ur radio must b faulty
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Raftsoul: 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Beat fm ibadan... Love dolapo!
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by toploo: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
U must really be kidding to hv mentioned radios and oaps in Nigeria without the mention of City Fm, the radio home of d big dog-Dan Foster, Kshow da maestro, big homie Oscar, Sensei Uche, Jluv d butterfly, Vien007, Kemi Smallzz, Big Tak, Shedy K, etc. Trust me, for now, no other station offers better radio companionship than d City 105.1fm.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chamack: No station can be like defunct Cosmo Fm Enugu, Ralph , Temi, Onochie,Ogusbaba and Wanita, they were the best. I still miss then till date. Though I listen to rythm, cool fm, inspiration etc.

O how I miss cosmo cosmo cosmo, that's cosmo baby aowwww cry
The last time I listened to them was d period when michael J died

I realise the more I grew older the more my taste in radio station changes!

At first it was rthym 93.7
Coolfm
Beatfm

But now I'm hung on: classicfm and smoothfm smiley classicals,oldies,blues,jazz,old pop etc
Plus their OAP's do it for me
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
When is the actual date n time for charles B shareing life issues thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards / Where Can I Download Latest Foreign Music / List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.