Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. (27694 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / List Of All Radio Stations In Lagos / List Of Nigerian Radio Stations That Are Online (stream) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Erotex(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2014
TeamDreamFm
The best place to be
Nnamehn!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Dimmatic(f): 8:29am On Aug 01, 2014
Hot FM owerri. Eberry though how on earth did she get the job? With that frog voice.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by elari(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Gimme SugarMan of Brila, Onitsha and Expensive of Wazobia anyday, anytime

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by sarutobie(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2014
"pastor" metu of magicfm is a genius lol
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 01, 2014
That's me- Repping and rocking on Air
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by sniperwolf(m): 8:51am On Aug 01, 2014
I'm a radio guy and so in love with radio.
When in Lagos it's The BEAT (they are the first to play the newest jamz) or Cool FM. I switch midday to Rhythm for BigTime or Freeze. Early evening Sharing Life Issues with Chaz B on Rhythm network. After that I turn to Joyce and N6. In fact the options are too much.
But outside Lagos (OWERRI), it's Cool FM or nothing other stations dey learn work. I have to sit down somewhere in my room to get the signal from PH
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by biggboy(m): 8:57am On Aug 01, 2014
Top radio in Lagos rocks. I listen to rock city FM when am at Abeokuta.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by mkoabiola: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Inspiration fm. All d way,
Wanna wanna,rufai,bellarose,titi,gloria ,aunt landa,ego(sexy voice),dallas n eyo
Team#inspiration fm!content
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by marocguy(m): 9:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Interesting
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2014
na only that dem fake accents dey provoke me
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Sylas: 9:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Once I wake up I listen to sport yawn on wazobia fm(95.1)7:30am-8:00am, then change my dial to nigeria info(99.3) for headline news between 8:00-10:00am, then swing to inspiration fm(92.3) to listen to T.i.T.i(I highly recommend this to all parent wanna-be, parents, single parents & all young single)10:00am-11:00am, then change my dial to top radio(90.9) for top sports between 11:00am-12noon. I then tune in to 94.1(rainbow fm) with spycy(though not at all times)12noon-1:30pm, I then join Gloria Maduka on inspiration fm(92.3) for d sauce between 1:30pm-4:30pm, I join classic fm(97.3) for old tunes 4:30pm-5:00pm when it becomes boring I join top radio(90.9) for stock market update or rainbow fm(94.1) with D DON. I then listen to anything dt soothe my ears on any station till 9:00pm before joinining Jumoke for "tales for d night" on smooth fm(98.1). & if u are a guy or a lady who is 25yrs and above who is looking for love tune in to 98.1(smooth fm) every tuesday & thursday from 8:00pm for best match-making.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by gentlefada(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
lovingsoul: There is something happening on our radio stations that most of us don't get to observe. For those who listen to our local radio stations, you will have an idea about what am saying.No one should get me wrong, our radio stations and their respective presenters are the best thing to happen to us. There are some that could just be annoying and unbelievable.

In my opinion, rhythm fm is one of the best things on airways, they bring out the rawest form of broadcasting. The likes of Nanya, Toke, Big time, IK and Omalicha. If you listen to them you will begin to love radio more than tv, believe me.

On their contents and programs, i love virtually all, but in my opinion, Sharing life issues with charles B is the best radio program at this moment in time. Though their tv station STV leaves you annoyed most times.

After rhythm, beat fm is another cool and highly original radio station, their presenters are top notch, esp Gbemi. Cool fm and inspiration fm are also cool in their own ways. Brilla fm wows me at the depth and importances they give to sports. They are the best in their field.

Now to some radio programs and presenters that are just below par or they just try so hard to over impress and loose the fun and respect in broadcasting.

Phoneix of rhythm and her program is just a drap in my opinion. Another is the group of four on classic fm, Bukky, sholls and kayode. Most times this 3 sounds unbelievably ignorant of the larger society outside their studio, esp bukky and Kayode, i maybe wrong, but they all except Temisan sound so cocky, insensitive and highly unprofessional most times.

There are still much to say, add your views.

i agree that bukky can be a little corcy sometimes but oblivious to or ignorant of the nigerian society is not an informed description of her. in my opinion she is one of the most informed and social concious OAP's in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by gentlefada(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2014
Maxwell86: Cool FM does it for me.....

Dotun And Temi are cool..
Maxxy And Hashim(sp?) on the cool overnight lounge give great advice on a diverse range of issues..... that's My best program on radio.....

Freeze is a cocky bastard....
N6 is okay.....

Beat FM Lagos with their bunch of fake accents...

Nigerian Info is highly educative..... .
The accents are not fake, they studied abroad.
toolz grew up in the UK
gbemi in the US
maria Uk also
osi is the only naija trained OAP at beat fm and he doesnt have a fake accent
be informed.....

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by harmlessphil(f): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Warri warri warri radio stations re the worst of all radio station in nigeria even katsina radio station better pass warri own, warri crown fm na so so preaching and market advert dem dey do the presenters sef na nonsense weather english dey hard dem I no knw sef, then 88.6 d only ting I dey enjoy na dere network news, wich no dey even clear,the presenters dey very rude especially in dere phoning programms very rude and dropping call on pple for no just reason they feel like superstars there and their musis is alway old school or high life, they re just to wack, I tink they need training oh.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by pegmatite(f): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
I dnt like listening to fake-sounding presenters e.g. Nanya &
Toke-Rhythm93.7, Sope-smooth98.1, etc, so I go for Sly &
Bukola, +Jimmy Disu on FPN, classic97.3
I used to like Rhythm when they had Shaking Steve, EldeeXl, and lately,
Dj Snoop....but DjSMOOTH isnt a good replacement for him!
I like sharing life issues with ChazB, but hate when they Monetize it!
Buki & Schullzz make my day with 'Whats trending' on Classic 97.3
I like Yaw, OPJ, DJ Snoop,And d newscaster NEDU of Wazobia f.m. Liked Dan Foster on coolfm.
RHHC with Sly on Classic97.3 makes up my saturdays!

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Clemzy16(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Olekumaster: most presenters on Grace FM in Kogi rocks!
But programmes on state owned radio stations are xoxo annoying. All you hear is one nasty politician appraising the Governor even when they are just siphoning funds!
Grace fm OAP's rock big time.. E.g Honorable, Prodigy, Dayo, Super fly roxie etc..
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by mumu9gerian: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Melancholy: Osy aigbotsua now in Raypower ilorin has never fall my hand in ways she delivers. And Raypower lagos with Ambrose and olaitan on ultimate morning show is what i wakes up to. And Hollyhood jay&dj yoo!de never stops mantaining their momentum.
raypower dey ilorin now?
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Lanceslot(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Raypower lagos all day.... I like their morning programs a lot (Ultimate morning show). 1. Fact File (peoples parliament). 2. Political platform.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by edeata: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Sapientia FM Onitsha. Those guys are reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaal. Those guys have taken over Anambra esp Onitsha, Asaba . The OAPs r Freshman, Oma, Star prince, Hugeman, Ahek, Dudulucious akpako prophetess, Obinna bossman etc. My only problem is that they play too much commercials like Wazobia lagos.
Nothing as delightful as listening to young people who sound almost like people around you. I also enjoy Sugar, Moses ehhh, Mckay, Evans Opara(lie lie chairman) on Brilla fm Onitsha. Never knew onitsha wud listen to radio ever until sapientia fm came.

Wen Im in Lagos na Wazobia with yaw as my fav, also Areaaaaaaaaaaaaa tosin bucknor on top radio.

I just love street radio that reflect who we are as Africans n Nigerians. Enuf of all these forming things on beat n cool. SMH
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by macklef(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2014

Maxxy And Hashim(sp?) on the cool overnight lounge give great advice on a diverse range of issues..... that's My best program on radio.....

N6 is okay.....

How would you say beat fm has so many fake accent OAPs,
Are u in anyway talking of Toolz,mariah, and fade. Dude, check all their history, they did not school here at all,
Besides they are not ajekpaki, so you dont expect them to be talking like iya basirat dautas.

Cool fm bores me like crazy, esp mannni and his dumb angels, so cartoonish.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Fce20888(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Cool fm and Wazobia fm Kano are the best in town for me.Yasmin d Yasminator(coolfm)and Chi-boy d original bus conductor(Wazobiafm) are my favourite OAPs
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by macklef(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Who remember the days of coolfm
Gbemi olateru ran radio grafity
When vicky alozie sailed the love Zone
Valarie run the all night cafe
And ejike ibedilo ran the request show, blissfull coolfm days.
Say i if u felt this wink

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by macklef(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2014
edeata: Sapientia FM Onitsha. Those guys are reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaal. Those guys have taken over Anambra esp Onitsha, Asaba . The OAPs r Freshman, Oma, Star prince, Hugeman, Ahek, Dudulucious akpako prophetess, Obinna bossman etc. My only problem is that they play too much commercials like Wazobia lagos.
Nothing as delightful as listening to young people who sound almost like people around you. I also enjoy Sugar, Moses ehhh, Mckay, Evans Opara(lie lie chairman) on Brilla fm Onitsha. Never knew onitsha wud listen to radio ever until sapientia fm came.

Wen Im in Lagos na Wazobia with yaw as my fav, also Areaaaaaaaaaaaaa tosin bucknor on top radio.

I just love street radio that reflect who we are as Africans n Nigerians. Enuf of all these forming things on beat n cool. SMH
Hehhe, bro, thank God u know theres a diffrence between tuush radio and kpako radio.
I can never take anyone that listen to wazobia fm serious, it spells ''iliteracy'' to me. Lol
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by bastien: 9:45am On Aug 01, 2014

N6 is okay.....

bros no vex abeg help me wit radio stations and their frequencies. only know wazobia n brila 95.1&88.9
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by lovingsoul(m): 9:45am On Aug 01, 2014
egbaguy: wahala dey oooo........three comments,yet FP.. To d issue,i guess u re referring to whatz trending wen u mentioned buki,schullz,kayode and temisan of classic fm. Those guys are doing a wonderful show. They discuss watz trending on twitter. They talk sense in a funny way. If u fault d show,then u av an issue with sense of humour.

Don' t get me wrong, they are good in their own ways, most times they say things that if you listen closely you will know where am coming from, esp Bukky and Kayode. Examples are some comments Bukky and Kayode made during the Lasu tution fees crisis. I was so pissed with them both and some subsequent comments from Bukky esp. Temisan is surprisingly cool amongst them. Listen more and find out what am saying.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by maestroferddi: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2014
Talius: In Lagos
I love cool fm ( do2dtun temi freeze n6 mannie And the angels kaylah )
I love 9ja fm ( ushbebe moyo Sabina AJEBO Godwin OTB osam )
I love Nigerian info ( alibaba Katherine )
I love rhythm fm cos of Ik and omalicha
In Enugu
I love dream fm completely and totally undisputedly
cos of Gloria didi nna men Marcus lyrics dem too much
I hardly listen to the radio these days cos of too much plasticicity but I have to duff my hat for this Dream FM in Enugu. I went for a colleague's wife's funeral in Kogi some months ago and had cause to tune in to the station by chance. I was so wowed. There is this lady that presents a phone-in programme on relationship...classy, elegant and trendy. And I was like, Nigeria surely doesn't begin and end with Lagos and Abuja...

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by mrsmacaulay: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2014
In Ibadan, I love The Beat fm97.9 crew especially Vicky who handles the midday show. wish they talk more abt life issues sha...its always music, current songs which I enjoy but sometimes u just want them to talk. My best is still Radio queen starfm 91.5 she is Sooo versatile and funny too. she has this evening prog, where people call in and she gives them a word to freestyle with, u either rap or sing. am usually Lmao wen it comes on. I love Edmond Obilor ,he is the best presenter at SPlash105.5fm.
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by mkoabiola: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Lanceslot: Raypower lagos all day.... I like their morning programs a lot (Ultimate morning show). 1. Fact File (peoples parliament). 2. Political platform.
I also listen to poltical platform with ehidu ,ohira,mustapha,amaechi,$but dey ar now partisian and biased.especially,ehidu

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by pegmatite(f): 10:06am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote
author=lovingsoul]

Don' t get me wrong, they are good in their own ways, most times they
say things that if you listen closely you will know where am coming
from, esp Bukky and Kayode. Examples are some comments Bukky and Kayode
made during the Lasu tution fees crisis. I was so pissed with them both
and some subsequent comments from Bukky esp. Temisan is surprisingly
cool amongst them. Listen more and find out what am saying.[/quote]
Its a fact that u alwayz listen to dem smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Melancholy(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2014
mumu9gerian:
raypower dey ilorin now?
yea,their frequency is 106.5
Re: Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. by Cooljoe1(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2014
mumu9gerian:
raypower dey ilorin now?
yes raypower ilorin is 106.5fm #early in d morninq dhey do connect to their network station in lagos 4 ultimate morning show nd 4pm windows on africa nd also nigeria today by 6pm #kennis music frm 2pm to 4pm #u wont miss anythinq #the set up luks more lyk 100.5fm of lagos

nigeria numero uno #Raypower!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards / Where Can I Download Latest Foreign Music / List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.