Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? (31038 Views)

Why / Why Are Nigerians And Ghanians Rivals / Why Are Nigerians So Annoying On Facebook? This Is Getting Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by abdulaz: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Time to get serious self, no more jokes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Barywhyte: OP that is what you get from Nigerians! Smiling and suffering! Can you read their responses to your observation? All that an average Nigerian want is few pieces of naira notes and one small I pass my neighbor generator to watch Nollywood. No sense of urgency or accountability demands from their leaders except to rumble and fumble on the internet. Its a shame!
Gbam. With guys like you and TonyChristopher, there is hope for our beloved land.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by DukeNija(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bunchersstab: We are just who we are, we wont change we rep naija for life grin
we get d best out of everything.

Bros abeeg where did u get dat ur second meme. Dat shi.t is doopeee! cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
I don't care about the jokes.
I just hate our lackadaisical attitude to everything that affects up.
Op is guilty of this too cos this her rant will end here.
Just like the e warriors of nl

I can't belv That effing minister of interior is still in office.
I can't belv GeJ has been promising us both safety and power supply, we are yet to see all these things and no one is calling for his impeachment.
Corrupt practices everywhere and all he does is create committee while we sit back here and talk without action.
I was taught the advantages of a multi party system of governance but our opposition parties are only living on paper and pen.

When are we ever going to insist on our right, stand up and remain standing till all is fixed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
Life is too short to be too serious and carry matter on one's head like gala seller jare. Me I can never be serious for a very long time. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by RebelLeader15(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ishilove: Yes indeed. Why are we the way we are? I remember two years ago during the nationwide strike following the fuel increment, while many Nigerians took to the streets to stage protests, an even greater number sat in their houses, behind computer screens and drew ridiculous pictures with even more ridiculous, albeit hilarious captions. While their counterparts in the Middle East the previous year bled and died during the Arab spring, Nigerians conducted their own 'Naija spring' on the internet, circulating funny pictures and memes as their own contribution to the struggle.

In other countries, when a government official goofs publicly, the citizens immediately demand accountability. Not so in Nigeria. After Mr Anselm disgraced the NSCDC on national and international television (Channels tv), Nigerians immediately responded by flooding the internet with rib cracking memes and caricatures, even going to the extent of producing branded tshirts of our 'Oga-at-the-top'.

Whenever you see the cartoon of a woman in wearing an awkward gele, with a puffy, scrunched up face, streaming eyeglasses, and white handkerchief, you immediately know who it is. Patience Jonathan has been immortalised.

The one that really has me puzzled is this new Ebola inspired craze. One would think that something as serious as an incurable disease that kills within days would provoke sober reflection on the feeble state of mankind, but NO, the opposite is the case. I have seen so many silly jokes about the Ebola virus on BBM, Nairaland, facebook and other social networking forums. Must everything be a joke?

I voiced my observations to some of my colleague and was promptly laughed at. While one said "wo, a le para wa jor'' (we can't kill ourselves jor), another remarked on his facebook wall: "Ebola! Your fada. No matter how you strong your face reach, we must break you down". This dude followed this statement with some very funny memes on his wall. ( I don't know the jobless people that come up with all those funny pictures).

Smh. No wonder the international community can never take us seriously.
Sometimes I am lost to why people opt for high sounding words that ends up confusing the people they actually intends to persuade.....

Any way, Warri go always say instead of make badt tin happen, rain go fall
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by okotv(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
are you suggesting that we get serious at all times.

Hear this, the guys that have been very serious in this country have died and gone and yet nothing has been done for them or their wards left behind. How many officers and men in the army that have lost their lives fighting terrorism do you know. Revolution coming soon although it might be a shocker to the men in power but it surely might happen and to be sincere we Nigerians deserve it cause those that claim to be enlightened dont join politics to savage the situation instead leave touts to start from the grassroot to the top so what do you expect.
Abeg pass me a bottle of clean water make i chill and read comments before i go sleep.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by horlabiyi(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
LarrySun: I'm not surprised; since our verbal communication has often remained badly ambiguous; we blame the government for everything evil. No one is ready to take responsibility for the defects of the society; instead, we make asinine (even evil) jokes to mask our discomfort. The first sign of headache can be a neckache. We may suddenly wake up one morning to find out that these unserious fiends are candidates for straitjackets who'd escaped the confinements of their mental asylums.

The theory that the crippled government is the cause of the imbroglio circulating all around the federation is, I feel, a somewhat too complacent half-truth; we are the architects of our own mishaps. The civilians allowed themselves to be held by the ears like rabbits and tossed into the thorns by imbeciles of higher echelons whose acidulated mien and balderdashing decadents has made them dizzy with their own intellectual altitude, all just for the paltry sum of thirty pieces of silver. I fear for the growing generations; for when even giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

We should rise up, take the bull by the flank and make our stands against these revolting oppressors among ourselves; the state of the nation has gone beyond the days of 'twinkle, twinkle little stars'...cracking jokes about our own misfortunes is a perfect show of 'suffering and smiling'.
why all these big big grammars nah? On top wetin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
jossi994: @ Op,Lemme just tell you the reason.
Like it or Leave it,na the truth i talk.
When you live in Hell,nothing can scare or bother you again.
You cannot scare a man who survived a crocodile attack with a dog.. You cannot scare an ifa priest with small local juju. Due to the hard life we've endured since the creation of this Entity,nothing shocks or scares us. Its so ingrained in our system that Boko Haram attacks,Plane Crashes,Accidents and so on don't bother us again.. Whatcha expect us to do? Worry about death and other trivial stuff when Hades is our home?
You should even be happy we have the mental strength to forge ahead and smile through the suffering we are forced to endure

In your mind now you think you have made perfect sense.

Now tell me, are you saying you don't want to get out of this hell? Are you saying you don't deserve a more comfortable place you can be proud of? If yes, then do you believe you can somehow, miraculously get out of this hell by living in denial?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ElNur1: 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
After thousands of promises nd non has been completed since d beginning of Nigeria...
should we keep livin on lies nd kept been depressed?
Lets just joke abt it nd 4get it.. dats all
rather dan been depressed abt shiiii dat wouldn't happen
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Says someone who never even left his own state, talkless of visiting Ghana. I grew up in Ghana and live in Nigeria. So I know what I'm talking about.
What's special about Ghana?. My Ghanaians friends in Chicago complains of the same thing in Chicago.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by KingTom(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ishilove: Yes indeed. Why are we the way we are? I remember two years ago during the nationwide strike following the fuel increment, while many Nigerians took to the streets to stage protests, an even greater number sat in their houses, behind computer screens and drew ridiculous pictures with even more ridiculous, albeit hilarious captions. While their counterparts in the Middle East the previous year bled and died during the Arab spring, Nigerians conducted their own 'Naija spring' on the internet, circulating funny pictures and memes as their own contribution to the struggle.

In other countries, when a government official goofs publicly, the citizens immediately demand accountability. Not so in Nigeria. After Mr Anselm disgraced the NSCDC on national and international television (Channels tv), Nigerians immediately responded by flooding the internet with rib cracking memes and caricatures, even going to the extent of producing branded tshirts of our 'Oga-at-the-top'.

Whenever you see the cartoon of a woman in wearing an awkward gele, with a puffy, scrunched up face, streaming eyeglasses, and white handkerchief, you immediately know who it is. Patience Jonathan has been immortalised.

The one that really has me puzzled is this new Ebola inspired craze. One would think that something as serious as an incurable disease that kills within days would provoke sober reflection on the feeble state of mankind, but NO, the opposite is the case. I have seen so many silly jokes about the Ebola virus on BBM, Nairaland, facebook and other social networking forums. Must everything be a joke?

I voiced my observations to some of my colleague and was promptly laughed at. While one said "wo, a le para wa jor'' (we can't kill ourselves jor), another remarked on his facebook wall: "Ebola! Your fada. No matter how you strong your face reach, we must break you down". This dude followed this statement with some very funny memes on his wall. ( I don't know the jobless people that come up with all those funny pictures).

Smh. No wonder the international community can never take us seriously.
wo, a le para wa jor if e pain you, go baff with salt!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sweetlemon:

In your mind now you think you have made perfect sense.

Now tell me, are you saying you don't want to get out of this hell? Are you saying you don't deserve a more comfortable place you can be proud of? If yes, then do you believe you can somehow, miraculously get out of this hell by living in denial?
Manchester City lost to Arsenal today o.. Can't wait for the Premier League to start. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by nijanigga: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ladystewie: Nigerians are just fun loving people and the ability to find fun in a rather serious situation in a bid to reduce the tension is genius to me. I think such 'jokes' tend to calm the people down and I don't really see anything wrong with it.
Fun loving and be begging America for Ebola vaccine. You can't produce anything other than scams. Or you just buried your heads in defeatism.
Have you ever heard of Nigerians working on perfections? All you will hear is "lets patch it up,or lets manage it."

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by imustsaymymindo: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
True talk @op. Everything in naija is unserious nowadays. Down from our music to our movies,adverts,shows to the extent that serious election debates are substituted for unserious noisy political rallies where you find the President dancing like mj when girls are missing. To those saying the cause is religion,i dont agree cause even the bible says mourn when others mourn and vice versa. I believe unseriousness is rather a business strategy that sells in naija cause serious stuffs needs a lot of patience and nigerians dont have that time. Taking serious issues like ebola for instance doesnt make us fun-loving people,but jokers.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
chidyhels: I don't care about the jokes.

I can't belv GeJ has been promising us both safety and power supply, we are yet to see all these things and no one is calling for his impeachment.
Corrupt practices everywhere and all he does is create committee while we sit back here and talk without action.
I was taught the advantages of a multi party system of governance but our opposition parties are only living on paper and pen.

When are we ever going to insist on our right, stand up and remain standing till all is fixed.

It starts from you! Anybody asking "When" is guilty also. You are the definition of the lackadaisical attitude you just mentioned.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
jossi994: Manchester City lost to Arsenal today o.. Can't wait for the Premier League to start. undecided

Whoever said you shouldn't watch all the soccer leagues in the world if you so desire?

Just make sure you have a life outside of it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by RebelLeader15(m): 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
chidyhels: I don't care about the jokes.

Bros, we don't need a soothsayer to convince us that all is not well in Nigeria, we have fallen from our exalted place as giant of Africa, we have degenerated into a house of madness. The things that are happening in this country are capable of obliteratiing any other country in the world. If half the madness our leader exhibit is experienced even in the most developed country. Our leaders turns public thieves know that Nigerians are capable of adapting to any condition as long as they have air in their nostrils, that's why they continue to feed us with bread of insanity.

I was full of spite as I rain unprintable curse on all of them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by LarrySun(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
jossi994:
Obahiagbon junior,How ya papa? cheesy grin
He is supinely poised on his comfortable foundation of soft paddings, perhaps already giving some snores to the lugubrious condition of the real world to seek unconscious solace in the more economically-nimble world of a dozing autocrat.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by mikeobk(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
Would you have prefered the rather violent and aggressive youth to the peaceful, creative and fun-loving young minds we have in Nigeria? How could a public service representative not know the official website of the body he represents? Or how in God's name is a firstlady supposed to speak that way? Not even a simple and correct English Language. They are our representatives, their blonders are shameful and I've always known Its artistic to laugh at one's misfortune.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ify84(m): 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
thank God we are not americans........even op would have committed suicide....over worry dat nigerians are unserious....
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by YourCoffin: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yes Nigerians are jokers. But I've found that the only thing they can't and will never joke about is a COFFIN and I wonder why.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by rash47(m): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
I throway salute ma, you should write a book on nigeria socioeconomic woes.
Onegai: I've been following this outbreak in West Africa since May. In May, my very learned boss laughed at me for using hand sanitiser, then laughed at me for washing hands. Now, she bought a pack of latex gloves and face-masks for her self, 2 days ago. And people still don't believe in the virus.

But I noticed a more alarming trend: Nigerians are not deep thinkers or planners of the future, or people who look at their past.

I've been so worried about this Ebola outbreak, and my elderly mother said something today: this is not the first viral outbreak which has ravaged my country. I looked it up online and to my horror, I discovered that she was part of the generation who lived through 2 deadly outbreaks: Smallpox and Yellow Fever. If you think Ebola is scary, Smallpox is airborne, Yellow Fever was transferred by the bite of a mosquito. Gods were carved by our ancestors, to appease those diseases (Sopona was the yoruba god of Smallpox).

Over 65 years later, NOT ONE AFRICAN GOVERNMENT HAS FUNDED RESEARCH ON ANYTHING. Foreigners found the vaccine and made it cheap for us. During those decades, we discovered oil and now, we pound ourselves on the chest and roar "Giant of Africa". More like "Cockroach of the World".

Listen, I don't care who the hell "infected" Africans with this virus (38 years and 7 months, we didn't discover a cure). I'm ashamed to belong to a people who DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST, DON'T PLAN THEIR FUTURE AND ARE CONFIDENT IN THEIR IGNORANCE AND FOOLISHNESS.

In 1966, another smallpox outbreak occurred because a religious group refused vaccination. And I'm hearing the same freaking stup.idity bleated about. People hid from being contained and isolated. Sound familiar?

In 2014, millions of people bathed with salt and water. Almost none of them bothered to take the time to read the free report on the Zaire 1976 Ebola outbreak, and come up with reasonable solutions (I found out from there that we need Methyl Alcohol 91% and Sodium Hydrochlorite, known as Bleach, to disinfect everywhere. And burn disposables and contain and isolate and do assisted nursing, from afar, best done by medical staff).

I keep seeing and hearing ignorant nonsense spewed. And everyone is suspicious of the White Man. Yet you are "all more educated than those villagers".

For once, let us keep ourselves clean. Let us voluntarily start research, let those who cannot research fight for governments who will fund it. Let others donate medical supplies (I started discussing with doctors about donating hand sanitisers to LASG hospitals 3 weeks ago before Ebola came here, all were hailing me as a "godsend". Please support my efforts and those of my friend, who lost his dad at LUTH). Let us demand accountability from EVERY SINGLE PERSON (DO YOUR PART AND PAY FOR A PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM, FREE FOR ALL, WITH SOAP PROVIDED). Teach African History in school, so everyone knows what we went through before and how we beat it. And how to apply those solutions to future problems (such as a viral outbreak from another country, we should have closed our borders since).

This year, Nigeria lost children to diseases which could have been prevented by vaccines. Those vaccines are finished, since February. When an outbreak occurs, some animals in government will then send money and declare emergency and create a panel. When it would have been cheaper to treat the problem MONTHS AGO. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO ONLY PROMISES YOU GOOD ROADS AND ELECTRICITY IN A TV JINGLE, LET THE POLITICIAN TELL YOU HIS DETAILED PLANS FOR HEALTHCARE, EDUCATION AND ECONOMIC GROWTH. Stop selling your birthright for N2,500 worth of rice. And for you tribalists, an outbreak in any part of the country affects you. Stop saying "na their problem".

Learn from the mistakes of the past, stop these daft conspiracy theories and change our future. We've been doing the same foolish behaviour since 1966 and haven't changed once.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by chlowi(f): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
It's a plus if you ask me!!! Fear kills, even the bible warned against it!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ademoladeji(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ladystewie: Nigerians are just fun loving people and the ability to find fun in a rather serious situation in a bid to reduce the tension is genius to me. I think such 'jokes' tend to calm the people down and I don't really see anything wrong with it.
You shld be our firstlady... Too much opolo (brain)
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Whoever said you shouldn't watch all the soccer leagues in the world if you so desire?

Just make sure you have a life outside of it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1811134/reflections-ii

Thats all i can say..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by MztrChukwu(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2014

Intelligent response, I must say

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
I am forced to believe it is caused by poor understanding of RELIGION.

I hear people say "God will elect good leaders for us" and yet they sit at home on election day

"God will help me" yet they have made no effort to help themselves. "God will provide for you" yet they have not given a little to assist the other one.

faith without works is dead. Most Nigerians have stopped critical thinking, reasoning and action and placed it on the footsteps of God, forgetting that God gave them brain and made us in his own image.

I am sure if the wright brothers who invented the aeroplane in the 19th century were Nigerians, family and friends would have made concerted efforts to stop them from achieving such invention with the believe they are "trying to play God" flying in the air. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ademoladeji(m): 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
VivyGift: Sometimes it annoys me when I see some serious issues taken as a joke, instead of us to put our heads together probably to fight against it or find a solution to it.
Fight against gini? Solution to kini? Babe, this is naija! We know how things work here. Abiola died n we protested! Do you know how may of my friend that were shot by the military? 2 of dem got their limbs amputated. We all knw what happened during the Occupy9ja... The NLC n TUC were bribed n we were forced to accept N97 for petrol... The chibok girls.... The Diariz God.... The truth of it all is that we love our dear lives n can only pray individually for God's protection coz you can't fight for or against the government. Our opinions no fit count so let's juz smile n make ourselves happy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by omoadeleye(m): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
milehigh06:

Basically,what you have said can be summed up as "E Go Better"

Well,its that saying that our great grand parents started with and passed on to our grand parents then passed on to our parents and has been passed on to the kids and hopefully,it will not be passed on to our kids ...How long do we as a people want to keep deceiving ourselves by living in an illusion?why are we smiling when we are hurting?why are we dancing when we are hungry and why are we singing when our voices cant be heard?..you see,we all know why,we would rather sit on our lazy behinds and run to the pastor and alpha and ask them to speak to God on our behalf because we are too lazy to even do that....we are quick to blame others for our misfortune and quick to run to those same people for hand-outs because we have no shame and have no urge to plan our future hence our perpetual dependence on others to give us what can be ours and should have been ours if we had our heads screwed on right....

well as you also know that those hand out are not free, so fortunes are paid to get those piece, we have the rich and also we need the poor, we have those who are wise so we need those who are fools, so you can now see that nothing is a waste on this earth !!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
A man was feeling sick,weak and was throwing up. He was then taken to the hospital and several test was conducted,at this point all his family members were afraid to touch him including his wife and children,he was even locked up inside a room. On sighting the doctor from the lab,where the test was conducted,and about to break the news some of the family members were already wailing. And,the doctor said "we have concluded all the necessary test and the result is HIV/AIDS. All the family members started rejoicing and shouting Praise the Lord,thank God that its ordinary aids. One even called home immediately to announce to the sister that its ordinary
AIDS o,not Ebola. We thank God

OP no vex. i had to
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by UrbanMystique: 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Onegai: I've been following this outbreak in West Africa since May. In May, my very learned boss laughed at me for using hand sanitiser, then laughed at me for washing hands. Now, she bought a pack of latex gloves and face-masks for her self, 2 days ago. And people still don't believe in the virus.

But I noticed a more alarming trend: Nigerians are not deep thinkers or planners of the future, or people who look at their past.

I've been so worried about this Ebola outbreak, and my elderly mother said something today: this is not the first viral outbreak which has ravaged my country. I looked it up online and to my horror, I discovered that she was part of the generation who lived through 2 deadly outbreaks: Smallpox and Yellow Fever. If you think Ebola is scary, Smallpox is airborne, Yellow Fever was transferred by the bite of a mosquito. Gods were carved by our ancestors, to appease those diseases (Sopona was the yoruba god of Smallpox).

Over 65 years later, NOT ONE AFRICAN GOVERNMENT HAS FUNDED RESEARCH ON ANYTHING. Foreigners found the vaccine and made it cheap for us. During those decades, we discovered oil and now, we pound ourselves on the chest and roar "Giant of Africa". More like "Cockroach of the World".

Listen, I don't care who the hell "infected" Africans with this virus (38 years and 7 months, we didn't discover a cure). I'm ashamed to belong to a people who DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST, DON'T PLAN THEIR FUTURE AND ARE CONFIDENT IN THEIR IGNORANCE AND FOOLISHNESS.

In 1966, another smallpox outbreak occurred because a religious group refused vaccination. And I'm hearing the same freaking stup.idity bleated about. People hid from being contained and isolated. Sound familiar?

In 2014, millions of people bathed with salt and water. Almost none of them bothered to take the time to read the free report on the Zaire 1976 Ebola outbreak, and come up with reasonable solutions (I found out from there that we need Methyl Alcohol 91% and Sodium Hydrochlorite, known as Bleach, to disinfect everywhere. And burn disposables and contain and isolate and do assisted nursing, from afar, best done by medical staff).

I keep seeing and hearing ignorant nonsense spewed. And everyone is suspicious of the White Man. Yet you are "all more educated than those villagers".

For once, let us keep ourselves clean. Let us voluntarily start research, let those who cannot research fight for governments who will fund it. Let others donate medical supplies (I started discussing with doctors about donating hand sanitisers to LASG hospitals 3 weeks ago before Ebola came here, all were hailing me as a "godsend". Please support my efforts and those of my friend, who lost his dad at LUTH). Let us demand accountability from EVERY SINGLE PERSON (DO YOUR PART AND PAY FOR A PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM, FREE FOR ALL, WITH SOAP PROVIDED). Teach African History in school, so everyone knows what we went through before and how we beat it. And how to apply those solutions to future problems (such as a viral outbreak from another country, we should have closed our borders since).

This year, Nigeria lost children to diseases which could have been prevented by vaccines. Those vaccines are finished, since February. When an outbreak occurs, some animals in government will then send money and declare emergency and create a panel. When it would have been cheaper to treat the problem MONTHS AGO. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO ONLY PROMISES YOU GOOD ROADS AND ELECTRICITY IN A TV JINGLE, LET THE POLITICIAN TELL YOU HIS DETAILED PLANS FOR HEALTHCARE, EDUCATION AND ECONOMIC GROWTH. Stop selling your birthright for N2,500 worth of rice. And for you tribalists, an outbreak in any part of the country affects you. Stop saying "na their problem".

Learn from the mistakes of the past, stop these daft conspiracy theories and change our future. We've been doing the same foolish behaviour since 1966 and haven't changed once.
once everything goes back to normal, no one remembers nothing no more. it's back to status quo... i think that just how nature built a black man.
black man is naturally lazy and dont think ahead and always looking for easy way out of everything.... im not saying this cos i hate blackmen cos im black myself.

this is a beautiful post, but unfortunately, nothing you say can change a blackman. we can only hope that may be 10 to 15 generations from ours, black man would have evolved into something better than this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check This Pix! / Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.