Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? (31036 Views)

Why / Why Are Nigerians And Ghanians Rivals / Why Are Nigerians So Annoying On Facebook? This Is Getting Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by smudge2079(m): 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
@Op u mean we should be crying shey? Life is too short to be too serious. Try and see d funny side of everything & i promise u, u will be better& healthier for it. Never forget" lyf is a comedy for those who think & a tragedy for those who feel"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ladystewie: Nigerians are just fun loving people and the ability to find fun in a rather serious situation in a bid to reduce the tension is genius to me. I think such 'jokes' tend to calm the people down and I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Well, if laughing with all your teeth out like bugs bunny at your own expense is what the ingenuity of Nigerians is about, then your future looks brighter than the star. grin

There's a place and time for everything. However, when everything is a joke to you, I guess that's why proper development and growth have been elusive to Nigeria. And also why the idi.otic laughter has incapacitated the intellectual curiosity of the people. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Moreena(f): 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
because we nigerians hope for the best and we are prepared for the worst 2,beside u don eva hear say a nigerian get drepression? Plus our normal phrase #it is well lol# I love ma country people die
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ladystewie: Nigerians are just fun loving people and the ability to find fun in a rather serious situation in a bid to reduce the tension is genius to me. I think such 'jokes' tend to calm the people down and I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Nigerian are not just fun loving people we are complacent and we hate adventurism ...we sacrifice a lot on the alter of mediocrity and tribalism

the fuel subsidy was messed up due to labour leaders sell out and this is one thing about us ...we look at tribal sentiments

the other day I was in Lagos one niger delta man was suggesting that since our leaders have failed us from different tribes that nigeria should try an Igbo man but one man from all these tribes said why should they try an Igbo man ..I ask him to give him a reason he couldn't ..that's African for you

now look at how foreigners are feeling the fun and making so much money from our economy

look at dstv they reap billion and then Nigerian allow Hitv to die due to tribal stupidity

look at hero a company going well and NBL will stop the emergence of the beerr in Lagos ..the company is a Dutch own firm

look at nitel look at aviation

the bottom line is that its a black man problem not a Nigerian issue . the black man loves pulling others down

look at innoson some will call his cars fake instead of supporting him they will buy a tokubo. we can't advance with this mindset

just go to offices and see a pull him down mentality just because some staff is performing and possibly form a different tribes then others will gang up against him

just sheer jealousy and envy. tell me why a man of 50something years will embezzle money to the tune of billions ..for Christ sake doesn't need such a huge money

so help us lord

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by pyyxxaro: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
ghostofsparta:
O dear Ishi, what an excellent post!. It's shares almost the same premise with what I was trying to express here. At 27 and unmarried, I still consider myself a youth but one that always feel disheartened with the zany reaction of the multitude of the Nigerian youths towards serious matter coupled with their frivolous attitude about the future, never for once has there being some youth filled movement serious enough about a common cause a ripple effect nor are any ideo-philosophically driven scholars in the universities, they are always keen about anything sports, particularly European soccers and of lately football bets, a fashion craze bandwagons that are unfascinated by their respective indigenous cultures but ever fastened to middle-eastern religions processed with warped Americanism and readily quick to demonize and denigrate everything relating to their ancestral sciences and customs in embrace of the lewd aspect of westernism as fueled by the materialistic God-forgiven religious houses.

You colleague's responses to this Ebola issue is even sensible compared to what I have heard from humans I call friends, one close friend of mine told me a week ago that he doesn't think it real, I demanded his reason to which he couldn't say, just that he believes there's nothing like Ebola! I think we Nigerians have for years of torturous existence had somehow developed this denial mechanism to cope with a myriads of social and economic challenges in otherwise superb country. Click HERE to read a probable truth on a plausible origin of Ebola.
. ENGLISH ! MIIGWO
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by pyyxxaro: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
ghostofsparta:
O dear Ishi, what an excellent post!. It's shares almost the same premise with what I was trying to express here. At 27 and unmarried, I still consider myself a youth but one that always feel disheartened with the zany reaction of the multitude of the Nigerian youths towards serious matter coupled with their frivolous attitude about the future, never for once has there being some youth filled movement serious enough about a common cause a ripple effect nor are any ideo-philosophically driven scholars in the universities, they are always keen about anything sports, particularly European soccers and of lately football bets, a fashion craze bandwagons that are unfascinated by their respective indigenous cultures but ever fastened to middle-eastern religions processed with warped Americanism and readily quick to demonize and denigrate everything relating to their ancestral sciences and customs in embrace of the lewd aspect of westernism as fueled by the materialistic God-forgiven religious houses.

You colleague's responses to this Ebola issue is even sensible compared to what I have heard from humans I call friends, one close friend of mine told me a week ago that he doesn't think it real, I demanded his reason to which he couldn't say, just that he believes there's nothing like Ebola! I think we Nigerians have for years of torturous existence had somehow developed this denial mechanism to cope with a myriads of social and economic challenges in otherwise superb country. Click HERE to read a probable truth on a plausible origin of Ebola.
. ENGLISH ! MIIGWOR
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Guinea has closed its border from Serialeone and Liberia,et we still open our own border gbagada,we need to be serious for once.
Ishilove: Yes indeed. Why are we the way we are? I remember two years ago during the nationwide strike following the fuel increment, while many Nigerians took to the streets to stage protests, an even greater number sat in their houses, behind computer screens and drew ridiculous pictures with even more ridiculous, albeit hilarious captions. While their counterparts in the Middle East the previous year bled and died during the Arab spring, Nigerians conducted their own 'Naija spring' on the internet, circulating funny pictures and memes as their own contribution to the struggle.

In other countries, when a government official goofs publicly, the citizens immediately demand accountability. Not so in Nigeria. After Mr Anselm disgraced the NSCDC on national and international television (Channels tv), Nigerians immediately responded by flooding the internet with rib cracking memes and caricatures, even going to the extent of producing branded tshirts of our 'Oga-at-the-top'.

Whenever you see the cartoon of a woman in wearing an awkward gele, with a puffy, scrunched up face, streaming eyeglasses, and white handkerchief, you immediately know who it is. Patience Jonathan has been immortalised.

The one that really has me puzzled is this new Ebola inspired craze. One would think that something as serious as an incurable disease that kills within days would provoke sober reflection on the feeble state of mankind, but NO, the opposite is the case. I have seen so many silly jokes about the Ebola virus on BBM, Nairaland, facebook and other social networking forums. Must everything be a joke?

I voiced my observations to some of my colleague and was promptly laughed at. While one said "wo, a le para wa jor'' (we can't kill ourselves jor), another remarked on his facebook wall: "Ebola! Your fada. No matter how you strong your face reach, we must break you down". This dude followed this statement with some very funny memes on his wall. ( I don't know the jobless people that come up with all those funny pictures).

Smh. No wonder the international community can never take us seriously.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nigerian are not just fun loving people we are complacent and we hate adventurism...we sacrifice a lot on the alter of mediocrity and tribalismthe fuel subsidy was messed up due to labour leaders sell out and this is one thing about us ...we look at tribal sentimentsthe other day I was in Lagos one niger delta man was suggesting that since our leaders have failed us from different tribesthat nigeria should try an Igbo man but one man from all these tribes said why should they try an Igbo man ..I ask him to give him a reason he couldn't ..that's African for younow look at how foreigners are feeling the fun and making so much money from our economylook at dstv they reap billion and then Nigerian allow Hitv to die due to tribal stupiditylook at hero a company going well and NBL will stop the emergence of the beerr in Lagos ..the company is a Dutch own firmlook at nitel look at aviationthe bottom line is that its a black man problem not a Nigerian issue . the black man loves pulling others downlook at innoson some will call his cars fake instead of supporting him they will buy a tokubo. we can't advance with this mindsetjust go to offices and see a pull him down mentality just because some staff is performing and possibly form a different tribes then others will gang up against himjust sheer jealousy and envy. tell me why a man of 50something years will embezzle money to the tune of billions..for Christ sake doesn't need such a huge moneyso help us lord

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nigerians are funny people and depression free but when you cross to the west,you hardly see anyone without depression
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by anonimi: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Onegai: I've been following this outbreak in West Africa since May. In May, my very learned boss laughed at me for using hand sanitiser, then laughed at me for washing hands. Now, she bought a pack of latex gloves and face-masks for her self, 2 days ago. And people still don't believe in the virus.

But I noticed a more alarming trend: Nigerians are not deep thinkers or planners of the future, or people who look at their past.

I've been so worried about this Ebola outbreak, and my elderly mother said something today: this is not the first viral outbreak which has ravaged my country. I looked it up online and to my horror, I discovered that she was part of the generation who lived through 2 deadly outbreaks: Smallpox and Yellow Fever. If you think Ebola is scary, Smallpox is airborne, Yellow Fever was transferred by the bite of a mosquito. Gods were carved by our ancestors, to appease those diseases (Sopona was the yoruba god of Smallpox).

Over 65 years later, NOT ONE AFRICAN GOVERNMENT HAS FUNDED RESEARCH ON ANYTHING. Foreigners found the vaccine and made it cheap for us. During those decades, we discovered oil and now, we pound ourselves on the chest and roar "Giant of Africa". More like "Cockroach of the World".

Listen, I don't care who the hell "infected" Africans with this virus (38 years and 7 months, we didn't discover a cure). I'm ashamed to belong to a people who DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST, DON'T PLAN THEIR FUTURE AND ARE CONFIDENT IN THEIR IGNORANCE AND FOOLISHNESS.

In 1966, another smallpox outbreak occurred because a religious group refused vaccination. And I'm hearing the same freaking stup.idity bleated about. People hid from being contained and isolated. Sound familiar?

In 2014, millions of people bathed with salt and water. Almost none of them bothered to take the time to read the free report on the Zaire 1976 Ebola outbreak, and come up with reasonable solutions (I found out from there that we need Methyl Alcohol 91% and Sodium Hydrochlorite, known as Bleach, to disinfect everywhere. And burn disposables and contain and isolate and do assisted nursing, from afar, best done by medical staff).

I keep seeing and hearing ignorant nonsense spewed. And everyone is suspicious of the White Man. Yet you are "all more educated than those villagers".

For once, let us keep ourselves clean. Let us voluntarily start research, let those who cannot research fight for governments who will fund it. Let others donate medical supplies (I started discussing with doctors about donating hand sanitisers to LASG hospitals 3 weeks ago before Ebola came here, all were hailing me as a "godsend". Please support my efforts and those of my friend, who lost his dad at LUTH). Let us demand accountability from EVERY SINGLE PERSON (DO YOUR PART AND PAY FOR A PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM, FREE FOR ALL, WITH SOAP PROVIDED). Teach African History in school, so everyone knows what we went through before and how we beat it. And how to apply those solutions to future problems (such as a viral outbreak from another country, we should have closed our borders since).

This year, Nigeria lost children to diseases which could have been prevented by vaccines. Those vaccines are finished, since February. When an outbreak occurs, some animals in government will then send money and declare emergency and create a panel. When it would have been cheaper to treat the problem MONTHS AGO. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO ONLY PROMISES YOU GOOD ROADS AND ELECTRICITY IN A TV JINGLE, LET THE POLITICIAN TELL YOU HIS DETAILED PLANS FOR HEALTHCARE, EDUCATION AND ECONOMIC GROWTH. Stop selling your birthright for N2,500 worth of rice. And for you tribalists, an outbreak in any part of the country affects you. Stop saying "na their problem".

Learn from the mistakes of the past, stop these daft conspiracy theories and change our future. We've been doing the same foolish behaviour since 1966 and haven't changed once.

Very great post once again from you.
I think the key is EDUCATION for all our children. We in the south west were on our way with Awo and then the UPN governors but all that is lost now with thie new progreTHIEVES that we hail as our saviours.
Who shall free us from ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Tonylyte(m): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nigeria is a stonethrow from hell....we 4cking love it. No hope for ghana and it people.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Serious or Unserious you can't take naija out of me,cus if you do u are leaving me empty.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ebullientV(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Why it isn't a bad thing @ all to try and turn particularly grave situations into humurous one, it's shows a bit of maldroitness not to know boundaries..

There are things that shouldn't be joked with..!

Take the salt scenario for instance, i presume that started as ''one of those jokes'' too.. But see what it resulted into. People lost their lives from consuming excess salt.

I've been particularly displeased with most of the jokes i see doing the rounds on this Ebola ish.. This is not the time for such, imo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
uplawal: Guinea has closed its border from Serialeone and Liberia,et we still open our own border gbagada,we need to be serious for once.

you don't close what you don't have ..found we have secured boarders anyway ..firewall has taken over western Nigeria boarded northern boarder has been bedevilled with boko haram eastern southern boarder is into bakassi.. in short we have the most porous entry points

we don't even have boarders ..is it the corrupt customs that WL close the boarders

I think we should just seperate this entity called .....
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by anonimi: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
uplawal: Nigerians are funny people and depression free but when you cross to the west,you hardly see anyone without depression

Depression free
Yet our churches, mosques and shrines are filled with people seeking solution to their imaginary enemies. angry
I believe that I have read somewhere that nothing is worse than SELF-DECEPTION.
SMH shocked

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by theoctopus: 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Why is this unserious OP trying so hard to make people sad? OP, people dont want to be sad you hear. And many of the stories of doom and gloom you hear aint true you hear. Nigeria is not as bad as some want to paint it. We have our issues but most still eat 3 square meals a day. We dont commit suicide here if that is what you want to see. Abeg, take one Alomo and cool your head. You are too serious joor

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
For Nigerians, nothing is new.

Nigerians have been messed up, top, right and center.

Nothing is is capable of getting us broken.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by anonimi: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
uplawal: Guinea has closed its border from Serialeone and Liberia,et we still open our own border gbagada,we need to be serious for once.

I believe it is called and spelled:

Sierra Leone.

A little google search when not sure would have made you avoid the UNSERIOUS label, which is the subject of the thread undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by theoctopus: 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
You talked of the Arab spring like it was a good thing. Cant you see what those countries have turned into? Is that what you want for us? we reject it in Jesus name! grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
anonimi:

I think the key is EDUCATION for all our children. We in the south west were on our way with Awo and then the UPN governors but all that is lost now with thie new progreTHIEVES that we hail as our saviours.

just take a look at our TV station every youth wants to be either davido or whizkid nobody wants to be a scientist

you get to see companies endorsing these musicians in millions and non is endorsing research and devrlopement . schools are busy on strikes lecturers are busy selling handouts and sleeping with small girls non want yo research

we are dancing our future away
the foreign firms are making huge profits from us while we are busy dancing and seeking for investors

I just hate this place to be honest

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by great289(m): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
seriously, i noticed dt too. I remeber one evening lik dt was jst waitn fr a friend and one keke driver jokingly said to d oda 'u mst catch ds ebola ijn' cheez, d tin provoke me eeh, i reach fr d keke man and hold his shirt on his throat and gave him a serious warning on d main rd dia, he was jst sayn sori to me, sori fr wah(?) i ask hm. Pple start lookn at me as if d tin concern me. Buh nt everytn cn u be joked with.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Feraz(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Onegai: I've been following this outbreak in West Africa since May. In May, my very learned boss laughed at me for using hand sanitiser, then laughed at me for washing hands. Now, she bought a pack of latex gloves and face-masks for her self, 2 days ago. And people still don't believe in the virus.
But I noticed a more alarming trend: Nigerians are not deep thinkers or planners of the future, or people who look at their past.
I've been so worried about this Ebola outbreak, and my elderly mother said something today: this is not the first viral outbreak which has ravaged my country. I looked it up online and to my horror, I discovered that she was part of the generation who lived through 2 deadly outbreaks: Smallpox and Yellow Fever. If you think Ebola is scary, Smallpox is airborne, Yellow Fever was transferred by the bite of a mosquito. Gods were carved by our ancestors, to appease those diseases (Sopona was the yoruba god of Smallpox).
Over 65 years later, NOT ONE AFRICAN GOVERNMENT HAS FUNDED RESEARCH ON ANYTHING. Foreigners found the vaccine and made it cheap for us. During those decades, we discovered oil and now, we pound ourselves on the chest and roar "Giant of Africa". More like "Cockroach of the World".
Listen, I don't care who the hell "infected" Africans with this virus (38 years and 7 months, we didn't discover a cure). I'm ashamed to belong to a people who DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST, DON'T PLAN THEIR FUTURE AND ARE CONFIDENT IN THEIR IGNORANCE AND FOOLISHNESS.
In 1966, another smallpox outbreak occurred because a religious group refused vaccination. And I'm hearing the same freaking stup.idity bleated about. People hid from being contained and isolated. Sound familiar?
In 2014, millions of people bathed with salt and water. Almost none of them bothered to take the time to read the free report on the Zaire 1976 Ebola outbreak, and come up with reasonable solutions (I found out from there that we need Methyl Alcohol 91% and Sodium Hydrochlorite, known as Bleach, to disinfect everywhere. And burn disposables and contain and isolate and do assisted nursing, from afar, best done by medical staff).
I keep seeing and hearing ignorant nonsense spewed. And everyone is suspicious of the White Man. Yet you are "all more educated than those villagers".
For once, let us keep ourselves clean. Let us voluntarily start research, let those who cannot research fight for governments who will fund it. Let others donate medical supplies (I started discussing with doctors about donating hand sanitisers to LASG hospitals 3 weeks ago before Ebola came here, all were hailing me as a "godsend". Please support my efforts and those of my friend, who lost his dad at LUTH). Let us demand accountability from EVERY SINGLE PERSON (DO YOUR PART AND PAY FOR A PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM, FREE FOR ALL, WITH SOAP PROVIDED). Teach African History in school, so everyone knows what we went through before and how we beat it. And how to apply those solutions to future problems (such as a viral outbreak from another country, we should have closed our borders since).
This year, Nigeria lost children to diseases which could have been prevented by vaccines. Those vaccines are finished, since February. When an outbreak occurs, some animals in government will then send money and declare emergency and create a panel. When it would have been cheaper to treat the problem MONTHS AGO. DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO ONLY PROMISES YOU GOOD RODS AND ELECTRICITY IN A TV JINGLE, LET THE POLITICIAN TELL YOU HIS DETAILED PLANS FOR HEALTHCARE, EDUCATION AND ECONOMIC GROWTH. Stop selling your birthright for N2,500 worth of rice. And for you tribalists, an outbreak in any part of the country affects you. Stop saying "na their problem".
Learn from the mistakes of the past, stop these daft conspiracy theories and change our future. We've been doing the same foolish behaviour since 1966 and haven't changed once.
Well said! When I read some of the comments here on Nairaland seeing people blame the West for bringing Ebola to West Africa by engineering its potency, I laughed; it also got me wondering, if for everytime there's an epidemic outbreak, a research centre was built by the govt. and private firms to find solutions to the diseases and countered multiple times, do these 'conspiracy theorists' think the supposed West is still going to use Africa for their trials of 'engineered diseases'?

Most times I wonder why we take everything for granted in Nigeria; maybe it's due to years of negligence from the trusted people who were to lead us but somehow abandoned the populace and we the masses finding solace in laughing at other people's misfortunes.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by patrickmuf(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
OP, same question lingered on my mind some time ago till i had to question my dad during the protest in Egypt, why Nigerians couldn't do same...He's reply was that Moubarak ruled Egypt for almost 30+ years and all it took was just a moment he never envisaged and boom he was out...Relating his response to our plight in Nigeria, i think one day the masses will shock the political elites holding us back...
Shocking to see members of state and federal house, chairmen, governors, ministers, president, special advisers and so on driving the best cars, living in the best houses, taking trips abroad for every itch, sending their children to the best schools etc at the expense of the greater populace. This trash has gotta stop, i must live to see the Nigeria of my dreams.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Pvin: 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ishilove the only Flow's crush.

Relax and dont use your head as dustbin to dump all the problem of the nation. As things surely comes and goes (though goes with some people) so will Ebola be, except the creator wants to end every every.
So feel cool with our amazing way of suffereing and smiling.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by YoursGEJ(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ishilove: Yes indeed. Why are we the way we are? I remember two years ago during the nationwide strike following the fuel increment, while many Nigerians took to the streets to stage protests, an even greater number sat in their houses, behind computer screens and drew ridiculous pictures with even more ridiculous, albeit hilarious captions. While their counterparts in the Middle East the previous year bled and died during the Arab spring, Nigerians conducted their own 'Naija spring' on the internet, circulating funny pictures and memes as their own contribution to the struggle.

In other countries, when a government official goofs publicly, the citizens immediately demand accountability. Not so in Nigeria. After Mr Anselm disgraced the NSCDC on national and international television (Channels tv), Nigerians immediately responded by flooding the internet with rib cracking memes and caricatures, even going to the extent of producing branded tshirts of our 'Oga-at-the-top'.

Whenever you see the cartoon of a woman in wearing an awkward gele, with a puffy, scrunched up face, streaming eyeglasses, and white handkerchief, you immediately know who it is. Patience Jonathan has been immortalised.

The one that really has me puzzled is this new Ebola inspired craze. One would think that something as serious as an incurable disease that kills within days would provoke sober reflection on the feeble state of mankind, but NO, the opposite is the case. I have seen so many silly jokes about the Ebola virus on BBM, Nairaland, facebook and other social networking forums. Must everything be a joke?

I voiced my observations to some of my colleague and was promptly laughed at. While one said "wo, a le para wa jor'' (we can't kill ourselves jor), another remarked on his facebook wall: "Ebola! Your fada. No matter how you strong your face reach, we must break you down". This dude followed this statement with some very funny memes on his wall. ( I don't know the jobless people that come up with all those funny pictures).

Smh. No wonder the international community can never take us seriously.

Great topic OP. This is exactly why the country is in the situation that it is in today. People can talk all day about how Nigerians find fun in every situation but the truth is that this lackadaisical attitude only drags the country behind. That is why people don't know their rights and infrastructure provisions like roads which are the duty of the government are considered dividends of democracy and celebrated. Government officials who loot money belonging to the masses and their children are worshiped by the same people. Places where issues are treated with the serious attention they require are where Nigerians will do everything humanly possible to get a visa to. Nigerians are in jail but the funny thing is that they don't know that they have they keys. They would rather keep making fun of everything around them and hailing the prison guards.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Feraz(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
anonimi:

Education?? This same education that made our graduates believe that Ebola has a particular time frame of operation; that believed Ebola ended operation at 5am; that made people take to social media to write about salt and water solution and its potency in the prevention of Ebola instead of looking up articles online to verify?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
So @op make we kill ourselves over wetin we have no power ova.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by aadoiza: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
The pot's calling the kettle black. whenever any public demonstration is staged, please take the lead by lynching your flipping butt and see what follows.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
good post, op.

to some of u using d excuse, "nigerians r happy people, nothing will get us down", either u don't get d op's point or u stubbornly refuse to. she's not telling u to be sad n mopping abt. u can laugh, play n joke abt things like u always do, but laughing n joking abt a disease as serious as ebola is pathetic. some1 said up dere, "unserious pple deserve an unserious government" n i cudn't agree more. u can joke abt some things, others --- not so much. i bet u d family of the thousands of pple who hv died from ebola r not joking abt it. i bet u if one of ur family members gets it, u will not find it funny. dis is not a laughing matter.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Barywhyte(m): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
OP that is what you get from Nigerians! Smiling and suffering! Can you read their responses to your observation? All that an average Nigerian want is few pieces of naira notes and one small I pass my neighbor generator to watch Nollywood. No sense of urgency or accountability demands from their leaders except to rumble and fumble on the internet. Its a shame!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by vedd: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
Another worrisome trend is the polarisation of the country along etno-religious lines. This has reduce the capacity of the stakeholder to think objectively, form a pro-active national consciousness, demand for political actions and accountability, and chart a better course for themselves and for posterity.

The leaders at the top are the least patriotic citizens of this country. They determine their successors all through this dubious mechanism and strategies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check This Pix! / Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.