Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World (32443 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 / Nigeria The Most Corrupt Nation In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by goodguy(m): 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2005
Whiteshark has spoken well.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by sage(m): 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2005
Akolawole:

Did u believe in those statistics.
I beg na lie.
Usin statistics like per capital income in DOLLARS
Is Dollars Naira?
Even with our depleted economy and our so called corruption, we are in top 50 richest country.
I have previledge of touching few European coutries. Most of them are poor.

Where in Europe did you go pls. People never seem to amaze me. r u talking of england, norway, germany, switzerland denmark of anywhere in the european union? If so then 4 sure u did not visit those countries
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by prettyH(f): 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2005
really, never imagined nija as 2nd. what about those asian countries like india abi that's no 1. but i guess @ the rate public officers are going, ngr will be battling for the no 1 spot since every young person just wants to leave without aspiring to come back.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by miky(m): 6:19am On Nov 23, 2005
i hate the way this westerners portray us of course its a lie. what of all the countries fighting wars week in week out. say we they go help. its just a plot to detrimend our success so far. but fact like we have the fastest telediversity in the world is only whispered or largest fdi in africa.i wonder what we were before all these developments.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by jenny247(f): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2005
Whiteshark has said it. we have to begin to manage our resources better and ensure that wealth is more evenly distributed. the basic needs of nigerians should be met, hence the gap between the different social and economic class will be bridged. i guess those that ranked us 2nd poorest nation didn't mean absolute poverty but rather relative poverty.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by whiteshark(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2005
thanks 4 geetin my back sweetheart.. make una tell them so that we all go learn small things in here
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by goodguy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2005
na every gurl for this forum be ur own sweetheart. rolleyes
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chillin(f): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2005
[size=22pt]B/R/E/A/K/I/N/G NEWS[/size]
can i get y'all attention please??!! n' thank u! cheesy
Nigeria has moved from 2nd to the 19th poorest country in d world with her GDP-capita @ $900...looks like a good improvement 2 me.. grin what y'all think...from poorest we r movin ---------------> ------------> ----------------> up to the richest countries hahahaha how bout that.....do i see sumone dancin?? yeahh keep dancin girl!.... sooo before u know it Nigeria would b among the richest countries...holla!!  wink
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by joftech(m): 12:18am On Nov 29, 2005
Chillin, where did u get your data from?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chillin(f): 12:27am On Nov 29, 2005
heyy joftech datz d latest news juss so u know!! wink herez d source: http://www.aneki.com/poorest.html
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by WesleyanA(f): 1:29am On Nov 29, 2005
and is that data from this year or 20 years ago? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chillin(f): 1:36am On Nov 29, 2005
ohh plsss!!! WesleyanA wat u mean 20 yrs ago as u can see nigeria is gettin 2 d top! hahahahahahahah lol lol lol lol lol
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by WesleyanA(f): 1:41am On Nov 29, 2005
hahahahha funny  sad
:yawns:

nigeria first needs a lot of work in order to start mobilizing
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chillin(f): 1:47am On Nov 29, 2005
tell me sum!! lol lol
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by WesleyanA(f): 1:51am On Nov 29, 2005
that your list kind of made me feel a little better though . even though i don't completely believe it's true.
that's just something too good to be true.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chillin(f): 1:59am On Nov 29, 2005
juss a lil bit c'mon hurr.. it sld make u dance 4 joy......wat r u wating 4?? lol so u probably tot i had sum random website up 4 y'all!! 2 funny 2 b funny lol lol
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by goodguy(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2005
@wesley, can't u see the copyright year?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by joftech(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2005
So when are we going to start poping champagne for this landmark achievement. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by goodguy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2005
You can start..
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chillin(f): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2005
joftech:

So when are we going to start poping champagne for this landmark achievement. grin grin grin
whoaa!! n' now joftech u talkin rite hurr!! i guess we can start poppin bottles rite now!! but 1st we'v gatt2 talk abt wat types we dealin with rite hurr  cheesy wink
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by allonym: 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2005
nigeria could very well be the 2nd poorest country in the world. I'm sure the ranking does not only take into account the money and resources available in nigeria, it looks at imports and exports, expeditures and revenues. I'm betting nigeria spends a whole lot more money than it makes. This difference might be so large, it makes it the second poorest country.

Here is an example: there are two guys, A and B. They both own similar companies. A has a lot of customers and spends $5000 to build product which he sells for $3000. B on the other hand spends $500 on his product and gets $300 in sales.

According to whoever did that study, A is poorer than B.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by sin(m): 2:26am On Dec 06, 2005
aM SURPRISED WE ARE STILL 2ND. THOUGHT WE SHOULD BE TOPPING THE LIST
THATS WHAT WE GET WHEN WE SUPPORT A BANANA REPUBLIC AND ENSURE THAT PEOPLE LIKE OBJ AND CO REMAIN IN GOVT.
IT INDEED IS A PITY COS A MAN WHO LIVES NEAR A STREAM SHOULD NOT WASH HIS HANDS WITH SPITTLE
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by chrisd(m): 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2006
Perhaps the idea of the poorest country according to the World Bank report is the one which gives her the most trouble getting as much money as she wants. So that makes it the poorer. cool
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by fact(m): 2:14am On Mar 27, 2006
nigeria is not even in the top 10, wre do u guyz get your fact from
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by fact(m): 2:31am On Mar 27, 2006
The GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the poorest 48 nations (i.e. a quarter of the world’s countries) is less than the wealth of the world’s three richest people combined.  thats got too say alot.  embarassed

www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Facts.asp
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by allonym: 2:51am On Mar 28, 2006
These things are so weird, from a strict expense vs income look, the USA probably should be the poorest nation in the world.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by hanson: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2006
What has that got to do with an ordinary citizen like me?If nigeria were to be the first in the riches catigory would it have change my levels?The answer is NO.Is there no poor man in America? JUST REMEMBER GOD
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2006
I think its a big lie. Its a misconception by the western media, they've lost their credibility. Tho world bank still averages out Sub-Saharan Africa's economic and financial figures ( They divide Africa into North and Sub-Saharan ). There are some websites that do not even have Nigeria as one of the Fifty poorest nations of the world
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by Jalal(m): 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2006
Fellow Nigerians,

We are rich in human and natural resources, we are rich in culture and in our languages over 350, and counting, We are rich in many other things,

The IMF and World Bank cant take that away from us!!! Thay just rank us as poor and underdeveloped for their own selfish capitalistic and imperialistic reasons!!

Long Live Nigeria!!!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by DaHitler(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2006
Leave it to a Northerner to promote Nigerian Nationalism. undecided

Nigeria is poor, and Nigeria will continue to be poor till we create nations that have common ground out of this pathetic land mass they call Nigeria.

That means, the North should take their Sharia and all that good stuff and get out!
The east should take the love for Biafra and get out!
The west should take their desire to be free from one Nigeria and get out!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by Jalal(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2006
@Afeni, there u go again, u should be extradited from USA and charged for promoting disunity!!!!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 2nd Poorest Nation in the World by DaHitler(m): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2006
Jalal, charged with disunity in a place that never had such? There was never unity to begin with. Where are the charges of disunity against those that took part in the killings of thousands of southerners in the North? Where are the charges of promoting disunity for the Jakum and Hauas that killed over 5 thousand Idioma in Taraba and neighboring States? People are not blind, Mr Born To Rule. People just didn't wake up and say "I hate the North". This realization was a long time comming. To think, that these same degenerates that wrecked the economy and killed countless people are now agitating for power shift. I have a better idea, why not retain permanent power shift by leaving and setting up your Arewa republic. You won't be missed. cheesy

Leave it to a Northerner that is unsure of his ability to stand on his own to claim for unity. Unity, if you mean the southerners work, while you rule. undecided

You are lucky you have your puppet as President. Any real Southerner would have the North up in flame the instant he is given the Presidency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Collapse 36 States To 6 Zones, Ekweremadu Tells FG / Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Buhari & Osinbajo With Alaafin Of Oyo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.