Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. (33211 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:
The good stuff starts on page 5 through to page 10/11
https://www.nairaland.com/1816160/malawi-officially-suspends-anti-homosexuality-laws/5

Knock yourself out.

Post it here.

Or you also don't have the answers today?

You never do anyway. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by condralbede(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
MrKnowitall:

It will happen in Nigeria, it's only a matter of time.
SAY "NO" TO GAY....it will never Happen!!!

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by MiguelMi6(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Homosexuality can never fit into the definition of crime,ever.If Nigerian justice is effective,they should look into the self-righteous horrendous and draconian legislation of theirs too

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex: As long as African countries continue to succumb to outside pressure, the continent will never move beyond the medieval ages in terms of growth and overall development.

Yes, two consenting adults shouldn't be told what to do. However, there has to be control on whatever type of lifestyle that's acceptable in public. And what should be promoted. Especially if that particular lifestyle comes with a lot of baggage the continent isn't ready for yet.

People are already scared of even going to Africa because of HIV/AIDS, now idi.otic simpletons want to promote a lifestyle that's synonymous with that lifestyle. Phaggots need to take a chill pill, it's not always about them.

Don't you get that pushing homosexuality underground increases the occurrences of AIDS? If gay people grow up, fall in love, start a relationship and don't stray, they are no more like to catch AIDS than anyone else.

If you make the Gay people pretend to be straight and have wives and children, then on the quiet the sneak around to find sex with people they are actually attracted to they are more likely to be catalysts and conduits.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by sexzskil(f): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
The whole thing was so ridiculous when Mark ran to sign that anti-gay law! By the time Nigeria faces few sanction from Washington by all sides they will run and reverse the 1diotic law. Una never see anything!

Meanwhile, i can also practice mine with no body to disturb me here soon!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by dopedealer(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
I'm sure some people are happy about this freaking news

Soon some Nigerians would start moving to Uganda..
Abeg make una move fast fast!!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: you don't want homosexuality?? tell that to the birds

The birds aren't trying to have sex with me.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
seankafor: wait wait wait .na me u dey ask? y not quote d guy dat i quoted.. i mean d guy dat said its not allowed in d western world

Sorry, I meant to quote him.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by kobonaire(m): 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex: Can you please provide proofs for bold?
KiKatanga:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality#Africa
Hope that helps.
Just to add on to the info that Kikatanga provided .. yan daudu have been in existence in conservative Hausa north for a loooooong time..... (Trust me even in that Sambisa forest there are some on the DL).

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by sohl7(m): 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Descartes: Uganda is a Western puppet, that can not happen in Nigeria angry
you think so?....just wait and see when the U.S withdraws all her assistance to Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

The birds aren't trying to have sex with me.

grin grin grin grin

I think I love you

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Semony: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
Then you can pack your bags and baggages to Uganda because such can never happen here in naija. Evil .

Symphony007: It gives me great joy that here are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by vislabraye(m): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Homosexuality is an anormally no matter how reasonable the argument may sound. If you want to legalise it then, bestiality should be legalised.

The thing here is that the homosexuals have become bullies to force down their beliefs down the throat of everyone. No one is born gAy and I don't think you would want your child to be gay, if you do, goodluck to you.

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex:

Post it here.

Or you also don't have the answers today?

You never do anyway. undecided

Excited that I quoted you? Missed me? I gave you what you asked for, so either put up or shut up.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by cococandy(f): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hahahahahaha.

Meanwhile y'all are making gays into celebrities.
Why not face your lover and forgot your gay neighbors?
See homo topics everywhere.
Soon heterosexuals will be the ones fighting for their rights and that's because they give gays so much attention,blowing it outta proportion.
They'll soon take over the world.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
vislabraye:

Homosexuality is an anormally no matter how reasonable the argument may sound. If you want to legalise it then, bestiality should be legalised.

The thing here is that the homosexuals have become bullies to force down their beliefs down the throat of everyone. No one is born gAy and I don't think you would want your child to be gay, if you do, goodluck to you.

STFU.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Ymodulus: 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Presidency25:

I perceive gay speaking here and it stinks to high heaven.
smh

He( Symphony007) his no Gay just a straight fellow who speaks the truth.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
Finally Africa is waking up from stone age. cool

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: yeah. sound logic. Africa already has too many problems. we might as well just add more to it. genius.
LET'S FIGHT BAD LEADERSHIP,POOR INFRASTRUCTURE,FAILING EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM,POOR HEALTHCARE FIRSTangry

HOW DOES 2 GROWN MEN /WOMEN HAVING A AFFAIR AFFECT UR LIFE

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
vislabraye:

If you can show me a Cow, a Dog, a Sheep or a Goat that can consent to sex with you, you lovebirds can do whatever you like.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Congrats! grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by MiguelMi6(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
vislabraye:

How many gay persons have you met in your life to come to this conclusion.

Just cause all trees grow outside does not mean they all need sun.No one is born gay cause you know nothing about gays.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by januzaj(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:
This the only thing dumb homophobes have to say. Polygamy polygamy polygamy blah blah blah.
Polygamy is legal in some parts of the US. But what the hell does it have to do with criminalizing homosexuality and violating human rights? Do they know what human rights are?
[quote
una fada........she anti-polygamy no dey violate human rights.........eediot...if na gay ur pman b hw dem go take born u

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
vislabraye:

I think religion should go. Homosexuality is here to stay whether you hang yourself or not. I do not have to be gay to speak for gays,i just know other people's right should be respected.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:
Don't you get that pushing homosexuality underground increases the occurrences of AIDS? If gay people grow up, fall in love, start a relationship and don't stray, they are no more like to catch AIDS than anyone else.

If you make the Gay people pretend to be straight and have wives and children, then on the quiet the sneak around to find sex with people they are actually attracted to they are more likely to be catalysts and conduits.

You honestly don't know what the fecky fvck you're talking about. Once you start promoting it, more people are going to get involved in it and that's where the problem lies. If homosexuality were to be natural, then your POV might be legit. However, most times, people choose to be gay - and once you start looking at how much of an epidemic HIV is in the LGBT community is, then you'd be worried about how it might spiral out of control in a continent where nothing works.

For fvck sake, Africa can't deal with HIV at the moment, now imagine what's going to happen to the continent, with the rate in which HIV spreads in the LGBT community.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Arsenate(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg:
LET'S FIGHT BAD LEADERSHIP,POOR INFRASTRUCTURE,FAILING EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM,POOR HEALTHCARE FIRSTangry

HOW DOES 2 GROWN MEN /WOMEN HAVING A AFFAIR AFFECT UR LIFE
fair enough. but while we are at it, let's make sure we don't add more to our already existing problems. homosexuality won't do us any good. it comes with a lot of health consequences.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
januzaj: [quote
una fada........she anti-polygamy no dey violate human rights.........eediot...if na gay ur pman b hw dem go take born u

... huh?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by sohl7(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
overhypedsteve: Africa NO!
sorry,Africa does not a choice.say NO and you'll be sanctioned by the western powers.its a war Africa cant win
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by obailala(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: say no to homosexuality. it's evil.
..but that's not the only evil in existence..

How come we all tend to lose sleep over what 2 adults do behind closed doors which doesn't affect the next person in anyway?... We have corruption like cancer eating us up and killing millions since the beginning of time, we have bokoharam, we have Nigerian police, we have militants, we have natural disasters, we have PDP, we have all sorts of evils we should be bothered about yet everyone keeps losing sleep over what 2 adults do behind closed doors...

If we must be religious extremists, then fornicators, adulterers, polygamists, liars, etc MUST also be put behind bars... I wonder why everyone approves of these other vices and yet insult sharia mongers who have decided to go all the way to pass judgement on behalf of God..

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: fair enough. but while we are at it, let's make sure we don't add more to our already existing problems. homosexuality won't do us any good. it comes with a lot of health consequences.

*disgusted look*
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by cococandy(f): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Animals can't express themselves.
They are beneath humans.
So bestiality is a kinda fvcking them by force u get?
It's not in the same league with homos' own.
vislabraye:

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Descartes: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
sohl7: you think so?....just wait and see when the U.S withdraws all her assistance to Nigeria
We don't give a damn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

2-Storey Building Collapses In Turkey: 13 Injured, 20 Missing / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / White House Spooky Halloween Makeover (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.