Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. - Foreign Affairs (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. (33207 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by continentalceo(m): 11:49am On Aug 02, 2014
samplegirl:

Everybody is fathered by a father but not everybody has father. The animal you are refering to in your post is
1, a gay
2, has no father
3, is sick.

God bless you dear...@ least some nigerians still have some sense!
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rocgirl: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2014
Sagamite: Mumuish me...

Sagamite Darling,
How far na? You kinda woke up abit late today...
Could it have possibly been because of that butt plus mouth ramming session you had with your bf late last night? gringringringringringrin

I heard all the loud screams of Rocgirrrrl...Fvckt.ard...Harderrrrrrrr.... right from that maroko crib where you stay in... gringringringrin

Regards to our new bf.... gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2014
rocgirl:

Sagamite Darling,
How far na? You kinda woke up abit late today...
Could it have possibly been because of that butt plus mouth ramming session you had with your bf late last night? gringringringringringrin

I heard all the loud screams of Rocgirrrrl...Fvckt.ard...Harderrrrrrrr.... right from that maroko crib where you stay in... gringringringrin

Regards to our new bf.... gringringringrin

Fcktards, I am not like the males in your family, hence why you want to be the Mandela of homosexuality. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Get ready to take care of their nappies. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rocgirl: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sagamite:

Fcktards, I am not like the males in your family, hence why you want to be the Mandela of homosexuality. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Get ready to take care of their nappies. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Deluded Grey Bearded Broda...
Lets pretend you didn't just get unstrapped from that bed in Aro mental..
Which street would you be running through so we can catch you before you go missing? gringringrin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
rocgirl:

Deluded Grey Bearded Broda...
Lets pretend you didn't just get unstrapped from that bed in Aro mental..
Which street would you be running through so we can catch you before you go missing? gringringrin

Cretinous person, is it the person that made moronic statement they cannot defend that should be calling others mental? grin grin grin grin grin

An homosexual supporter that insults homosexuals as unpure is the one calling others mental? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a pure person! grin grin grin grin

Mad people tend to think it is the world that is mad. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
lastpage:

PLEASE STOP THIS YOUR DELIBERATE "MISINFORMATION"!

First, you need to check your dictionary properly, to educate yourself on what the phrase "expression" means, especially in the context of its constitutional protection.
FYI: It refers basically to your right and ability to SAY WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND. It is a "verbal priviledge" given to us by the constitution ..
.....and the same constitution ALSO went ahead to PUT LIMITS on that FREEDOM, with punishment for SLANDER and DEFAMATION.
All these are used in the "CONTEXT OF SPEECH"". So, it is NEVER ABSOLUTE!

Now, how on earth can a person who has passed through the four walls of any school, l mean any school at all, equate "open practice of Homosexuality" with Freedom of speech?
Sex, albeit perverse sex is "an act", not "a speech" and therefore is NOT COVERED by that fundamental human right jargon you spewed up there.

Again, most of you perverts like to compare "Oranges with Apples", not because you are not very intelligent but because you think you can befuddle everyone by mixing-things-up! shocked shocked

Having Anal S*ex with same specie has been since God knows when, it even pre-dates Biblical times.
Then, it was a cardinal sin worthy of being stoned to death but hey, this is the 21st century where "everything goes", right?
But the problem is not with gays taking a dig at each others Shyte-Hole, THE PROBLEM IS WITH gays TRYING TO IMPRESS AND FORCE THEIR PERVERSE CHOICE ON OTHERS!
For example, why take it to primary schools and be teaching young and impressionable kids that Homosexuality is right and they can choose to be so? Why not leave them to grow-up into an adult and then let them DECIDE of their own FREEWILL, if they fancy such?
This is just one example of where they court trouble!

Again, this article made it clear WHY THE LAW WAS STRUCK DOWN ....but you chose to "celebrate and jump-up" without even taking a closer look at it before serving notice to Nigeria! grin grin grin
READ IT AGAIN PLEASE!

The Supreme court struck the law down for one simple reason: IT WAS PASSED WITHOUT FORMING A QUORUM IN THE HOUSE.
In case you missed it as well, "Quorum" means at least "two-thirds" of all parliamentarians MUST BE PRESENT during voting (ofcourse we know that it was overwhelmingly passed by those present, but the "at least three objections mentioned were even about "the lack of quorum", not about the law itself)

Thus, the Supreme court of Uganda is right is striking it down, NOT FOR ITS MORAL DEFICIT, BUT FOR LACK OF QUORUM!

What this simply translates to is that the House of Parliament will RE-CONVENE, ENSURE THERE IS QUORUM AND PASS THE LAW AGAIN!
tongue tongue

Now, one cannot underestimate the pressure being mounted on individual parliamentarian, by America in particular, which in itself is an abuse of Democracy because they should be able to vote according to their conscience, NOT OUT OF FEAR OF WHAT AMERICA CAN DO TO THEM OR HOW IT CAN RUIN THEIR ECONOMY! Already, we have seen those "underhand tactics" at play! Were is the constitutionality in that?

As for Nigeria going the same route, that is your own wishful thinking! grin grin wink
We ensured there was Quorum and so, the Supreme court will have no excuse to "bend to pressure". kiss kiss

Lastpage!

Those who sued the government to court in Uganda sued based on that technicality, they did that because it was a slam dunk, they knew they would get relieve based on that. The Congress can form a quorum to pass the bill again, the guys will just sue based on African Charter on Human Rights or any of those Charters that Uganda has signed.
Your rights are not privileges, they are your rights, they are affirmed by the constitution of the country but they are fundamental to you.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rocgirl: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sagamite: Hey everyone,my name is Sagamite,though i'm deluded-- i've not gone mad just yet... grin grin grin grin grin

Shaggermite,The Certified Closeted Gay Lord of NL. gringringrin
I must admit,your level of comprehension is so enviable,or could it be because you're challenged in sight and actually going grey? gringringrin
So now,the rights of someone to a choice of intimate lifestyle which isn't harmful to the next person or of having a mind of their own outside the confinements of religion is actually a bad thing?? Can you please join me and laugh at how silly you've really become in the last 24 hours! gringringrin
While mad people tends to think the world is mad,extremely deluded grey bearded ones thinks they are doing..just...fine! gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hey everyone In my own opinion am not really happy with the outcome.
I am gay but i hate that
It took the U.S. and other aid countries sanctions to make them change the law... It just burns more hate and anger against everyone.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by mecussey(m): 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
Johnpaul88: I hope you shoot your goddamn self with it one day, so your fundamental human right will lead to your fundamental death.

Typical Nigerian ...
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by ChristineC: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ki lon ko mi mbi

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
rocgirl:
Shaggermite,The Certified Closeted Gay Lord of NL. gringringrin
I must admit,your level of comprehension is so enviable,or could it be because you're challenged in sight and actually going grey? gringringrin
So now,the rights of someone to a choice of intimate lifestyle which isn't harmful to the next person or of having a mind of their own outside the confinements of religion is actually a bad thing?? Can you please join me and laugh at how silly you've really become in the last 24 hours! gringringrin
While mad people tends to think the world is mad,extremely deluded grey bearded ones thinks they are doing..just...fine! gringringrin

You are a cretinous person!

What rights?

How is it a right, person? grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are too dumb to explain? Impressionable, gullible product of a failed education system. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
hercules07:

Those who sued the government to court in Uganda sued based on that technicality, they did that because it was a slam dunk, they knew they would get relieve based on that. The Congress can form a quorum to pass the bill again, the guys will just sue based on African Charter on Human Rights or any of those Charters that Uganda has signed.
Your rights are not privileges, they are your rights, they are affirmed by the constitution of the country but they are fundamental to you.

What part of African Charter on Human Rights supports homosexuality? Or sees it as a right?

Who told you any signed charter (if at all any supports homosexuality) is legally binding?

Now after scaling those impossible 2 leading questions, what makes you think the implementation of the articles of a charter are not dependent on local interpretation of the charter?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by yerimastyle(m): 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ezekiel 16:49 ►
Parallel Verses
New International Version
"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
hercules07:
I do not think it infringes on survival of the majority, see it this way, more babes to go around wink. I think we have higher priorities than persecuting gays, banning in public places and the media rather than criminalising is an option.

Get this loud and clear!

"Once you decriminalise, you cannot ban".

That is like shooting yourself in the balls and then say you want to procreate.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
peppyluv02: Even those who live in slums abroad call Africa dirty undecided
I know so many Americans and whites still don't support gay,so are they typing from the discomfort of their dirty homes too?
50calibre lives in London so, is he typing from his dirty home in a dirty country?
Anyway, when people run out of words,they begin to talk like drunk fools!
I don't need to say some words with you because you sound like a primitive person to me.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sagamite:

Imagine a pervert poof telling me I smell, so what do you do? Stink to hell? grin grin grin grin grin

Is a virus disturbing your brain that you are now struggling to comprehend English? grin grin grin grin grin
You smelling i d i o t! PTUI!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rocgirl: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sagamite: grin grin grin grin grin grin

Which ever ways you chose to display your sillyness is really your gallon of tea.
That said,if Polygamists,Religious extremist, or Bigamists should be allowed the rights to integration without restrictions or infringements of any sorts on their rights to life and expression, please explain why an unstraight person shouldn't??

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
all4naija: You smelling i d i o t! PTUI!

An homosexual is telling me I smell?

person! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

rocgirl:
Which ever ways you chose to display your sillyness is really your gallon of tea.
That said,if Polygamists,Religious extremist, or Bigamists should be allowed the rights to integration without restrictions or infringements of any sorts on their rights to life and expression, please explain why an unstraight person shouldn't??

Which polygamists are allowed to integrate without restrictions, person? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Moronic product of a failed education system, sending 2 consenting adults grin grin grin grin to jail for marrying each other is not a restriction and infringement in your fcktardious world? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by pazienza(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
Funny thread. Ah don laff, sotey ah come dey roll for ground.

Sagamite lives for gay threads, you lots should stop making his day sweeter by keeping this thread alive.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by beryl04(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
MiguelMi6: Celeberatory mood,lemme guess,you wedded.

Nah not yet Miguel,not yet.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by MiguelMi6(m): 12:12am On Aug 03, 2014
beryl04:

Nah not yet Miguel,not yet.
Okay,more grace to you then.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 12:48am On Aug 03, 2014
pazienza: Funny thread. Ah don laff, sotey ah come dey roll for ground.

Sagamite lives for gay threads, you lots should stop making his day sweeter by keeping this thread alive.

Did you guys think I would stand by and allow you to have a free playing field with your hackneyed misinformation, selective platitudes and illogical arguments? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by finditng: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2014
Symphony007: there are limits. If you commit murder, you loose those rights. If you commit atrocities that affect the state or the well being of other citizens you loose those rights. Let the government prove how a consexual relationship among two adults of sound mind is a threat to the state or other citizens.

Heediot...the consextual homosexual relationship between two adults is a threat to the continuation of life of the Nigerian people and a great demise for the sustainability of an identity as a people for the next generation. This furthermore can lead to a population shift, growth halt and decline, thus man power/ human resource alteration which could transcend beyond mere moral decadence / ideas of a sick bunch to great economic collapse endangering the quality of life of the next generation....a platform that took generations to build to be nullified by the barbaric pleasures of a minute percentile of one? How about that freakn gay!
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Eraddray(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2014
dhammyg: NICE.WHEN WILL NIGERIANS\AFRICANS LEARN THAT WHAT TWO ADULTS CHOOSE TO DO IN THEIR BEDROOM IS NONE OF THEIR BIZ.
WE AS AS AFRICANS HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS FACING US E.G CORRUPTION.IF WE COULD PERSECUTE CORRUPT POLITICIANS THE SAME WAY WE PERSECUTE GAYS AFRICA WILL BE A BETTER PLACEwink

AND BY THE WAY DO U THINK IMPRISONING GAYS WILL MAKE THEM CHANGEOR DO U THINK LYNCHING THEM WILL MAKE THEM CHANGE

AND TO THOSE SAYING BEING GAY IS UNAFRICAN AND USING BIBLE\QURAN TO JUSTIFY THE CLAIM,PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT CHRISTAINITY AND ISLAM IS ALSO UNAFRICAN tongue
I have nothing to say than Bleep up,am sure u're one of those ass-fuckers,bullskit (were eeyan!mad man)tongue embarassed :'
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by beryl04(m): 10:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Why is it that whenever it's about gay, suddenly every ill-educated foool in nigeria has an an opinion.
Little wonder y'all are treated like dirt anywhere u go .grow some sense people.
For there's no right thinking human that'il go thru this 25 pages and not see the superior arguments being made by pro-gay proponents.

If u guys can't reason logically, sure u can read!

Live and let live .egbe bere ,ugo bere,nke is Ibe ya ebela, nku kwaaya! says an old igbo adage.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
finditng:

Heediot...the consextual homosexual relationship between two adults is a threat to the continuation of life of the Nigerian people and a great demise for the sustainability of an identity as a people for the next generation. This furthermore can lead to a population shift, growth halt and decline, thus man power/ human resource alteration which could transcend beyond mere moral decadence / ideas of a sick bunch to great economic collapse endangering the quality of life of the next generation....a platform that took generations to build to be nullified by the barbaric pleasures of a minute percentile of one? How about that freakn gay!
Continuation of life in Nigeria? What a daft way to reason !
What happens to catholic priests that live celibate life or their monks? Should they be stopped because you want Nigeria's life to continue?
Watch it, Nigeria's population is exponentially exploding daily and the government seems not to give a damn what happens or how to control a possible over explosion which is in the offing already. They should welcome gay unions with open hands cos of this singular reason - population control. To hell with kids!!

Be aware too that procreation is not the sole aim of marriages. It's people like you that would cast away their wives because they couldn't conceive.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rocgirl: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sagamite:
grin grin grin grin grin

Pazienza,thanks for the intel on the grey bearded one jaree!! gringringringringringrin
I'm certain the hypocrite's a walking encyclopedia with list of secret gay websites and addresses of all their numerous hangouts around Maroko plastered in his head. gringringringringringrin
Next's to have his phones and laptop bugged so as to enable us find out if he's a bom-bom or the other one.. gringrincheesygringrin
Sa.gay.mite..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
rocgirl:

Pazienza,thanks for the intel on the grey bearded one jaree!! gringringringringringrin
I'm certain the hypocrite's a walking encyclopedia with list of secret gay websites and addresses of all their numerous hangouts around Maroko plastered in his head. gringringringringringrin
Next's to have his phones and laptop bugged so as to enable us find out if he's a bom-bom or the other one.. gringrincheesygringrin
Sa.gay.mite..

Cretinous person, you have hit another brickwall with your daft brain in explaining your moronic logic? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
beryl04: Why is it that whenever it's about gay, suddenly every ill-educated foool in nigeria has an an opinion.
Little wonder y'all are treated like dirt anywhere u go .grow some sense people.
For there's no right thinking human that'il go thru this 25 pages and not see the superior arguments being made by pro-gay proponents.

If u guys can't reason logically, sure u can read!

Live and let live .egbe bere ,ugo bere,nke is Ibe ya ebela, nku kwaaya! says an old igbo adage.

What superior arguments?

The one of men would be offended about A and B, so ban A but let B take place? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rocgirl: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sagamite:

Cretinous person, you have hit another brickwall with your daft brain in explaining your moronic logic? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dearest Sagamite, gringringringrin
How parol na? gringringringrin
You kinda woke up late again today..hope your bf's doing well shaa? . gringringringrin
Will you be kind enough to let us in on the types of acrobatic styles you two tried out last night? gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
rocgirl:

You kinda woke up late again today..hope your bf's doing well shaa? . gringringringrin
Will you be kind enough to let us in on the types of acrobatic styles you two tried out last night? gringringringrin
dumb
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Sagamite(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
rocgirl:

Cretinous person, more demonstration of your fucktardism instead of defending your dumb statement? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Product of a failed education system. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. / 2-Storey Building Collapses In Turkey: 13 Injured, 20 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.