Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (20949 Views)

Married And Single, Who Serves God Better, Support Your Points With Biblical Quo / ISIS Blows Up Muslim Shrine With Biblical Prophet Jonah's Tomb 'to Dust'... / 5 Problems With Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
nduchucks:

Are you going to take my advise and become very passionate about Loving your neighbor as yourself and spend your energy and time on achieving that feat?

That should provide more benefit to you, no?

your advice ? What has that got to do with this article ?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by nduchucks: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

your advice ? What has that got to do with this article ?

"Love your neighbor as thyself" is clearly contained in the bible you are attempting to discredit. I advised you to spend your energy in doing that admonition. And yes, are you man enough to do it?

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
nduchucks:
"Love your neighbor as thyself" is clearly contained in the bible you are attempting to discredit. I advised you to spend your energy in doing that admonition. And yes, are you man enough to do it?

Lol.

I sense a subtle threat here and almost condescending and superior holier than thou attitude.

Who told you I am trying to discredit the bible, if you don't get the purpose of this article, I cannot help you further. And tell me how you know I do not love my brother as myself.

I will continue to expose the falsehoods many of you preach as truth.

SMH.

cheesy
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by idee91: 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
The bible was written years after jesus died, you should expect errors..... Quran is ur friend though, over 1400 years old no errors... you can consult one, to clarify your confusions...
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
noblejames: A nice trash!
instead of calling it a trash, why not show logical explanation why it is so Mr noblejames. Lets argue it out.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by nduchucks: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

Lol.

I sense a subtle threat here and almost condescending and superior holier than thou attitude.

Who told you I am trying to discredit the bible, if you don't get the purpose of this article, I cannot help you further. And tell me how you know I do not love my brother as myself.

I will continue to expose the falsehoods many of you preach as truth.

SMH.

cheesy

Why would you deem a friendly advise to be a threat when its benefit is all yours?

You just accused me of preaching falsehood without having any idea of what my religion is. This exposes your prejudice and potential bigotry. Oga, you need to look inwards.

I repeat, "Love Thy neighbor as thyself" Just give me your word that you'll try and I'll run along. What is your real fear, oga?

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

Very sure.

I performed a 2 year research on this matter.
thats cool, you're getting there.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
nduchucks:

Why would you deem a friendly advise to be a threat when its benefit is all yours?

You just accused me as preaching falsehood without having any idea of what my religion is. This exposes you prejudice and potential bigotry. Oga, you need to look inwards.

I repeat, "Love Thy neighbor as thyself" Just give me your word that you'll try and I'll run along. What is your real fear, oga?

grin

Run along PAL and stop trolling , you have nothing tangible to say.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by nduchucks: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

grin

Run along PAL and stop trolling , you have nothing tangible to say.

I forgive you for the name calling smiley

I find solace in the thought that you read what I wrote to you and that you will seriously think about it when you are all alone. Fear not, Alhaji Frosbel.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by tevinsolt: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
The bible were written by different authors, that gave agreeing but individual and also not different accounts.
And the NT were written in written in Greek not latin as you have claimed op. There are around 5000 manuscripts suppporting the bible dating back as far back as 1st century, largest of any from antiquity.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
wat if u was born a muslim? would u still hold ds same views?

as Texanomaly said, mohhmed said he got his inspiration for the Koran from God.do u doubt him? and lastly while are there so much similar characters/stories between the bible and koran?surely if u deny one of these books and all it contains, we might as well deny the other.

and lastly and i said in this link, https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each
why is there no mention of the dinosaurs in genesis?

Joshthefirst: nonsense.
What do you want?

What is available is more than enough confirmation and evidence. When next God personally enters our realm. It will be to end it in judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by omnikether: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

The Bible is not unreliable when you read it from the context of the overall message of God's love and salvation for MANKIND.

Note a few things :

1. God used imperfect human beings
2. He did not override their will, emotion or intellect
3. He inspired them and they put pen to paper as best as they could narrate the words of God.
4. There were obviously errors and misrepresentations in some cases but these are few and far between.
5. The original manuscripts are not available, what we do have now are copies from other copies.
6. If you think about it, in those days there was no press, so scribes at different locations and times had to painstakingly copy these manuscripts.
7. During the translation to Latin , the Catholic church deliberately inserted some outright errors to support their myths such as the Trinity , Hell etc
8. These errors were carried into the English versions.
9. Nevertheless we are able to understand the specific truths of God through his Spirit and this requires humility
10. The message of Salvation is still not lost and consistent as ever.

Don't use this opportubtiy to make rash statements on what you know not.

cool

You just made it worse. If you claim to be an apologetic, please put more effort into it. Catholic church inserting things to support their doctrine indeed. You just made an argument that God did not guard His Word from errors. Nice one.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
uzoexcel: wat if u was born a muslim? would u still hold ds same views?

as Texanomaly said, mohhmed said he got his inspiration for the Koran from God.do u doubt him? and lastly while are there so much similar characters/stories between the bible and koran?surely if u deny one of these books and all it contains, we might as well deny the other.

and lastly and i said in this link, https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each
why is there no mention of the dinosaurs in genesis?

there is no mention of spiders in genesis too.

I have supernatural confirmation of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
Touche...nice comeback though grin grin grin grin
Joshthefirst: there is no mention of spiders in genesis too.

I have supernatural confirmation of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by pearlyboo(f): 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
OP why are you looking for what is not missing? Please be advised that you do not bring in your human comprehension of things into spiritual matters else u will forever be confused. Let d holy book remain as it is and mind ur business. There are lots of things to bother ur head with, this book should be the least.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
i dnt really understand ur yearns actually...we all wanna learn here...ur last statement is like an oxymoron...u say the bible should be the least of his worries but most christians would agree that we need to dwell on it 24/7 or is that not so?
pearlyboo: OP why are you looking for what is not missing? Please be advised that you do not bring in your human comprehension of things into spiritual matters else u will forever be confused. Let d holy book remain as it is and mind ur business. There are lots of things to bother ur head with, this book should be the least.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Emusan(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
yemaldo:
Let them correct their mistakes then,Quran has been in existence for so many years too but there isn't anything like copyist error

If you call it mistake it's left for you.

You're referring to Qur'an.
Did you know that Qur'an doesn't always give actual number of an historical even rather using a statement like "about 1000 people" which has posed weakness on Allah's part?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
uzoexcel: Touche...nice comeback though grin grin grin grin
if God came to confirm the bible for you, how would you recognize him?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
u mean the xtian God?or catholic God?or Allah? or krishna?the jehovah witnesses idea of God is different from the catholic idea of a God.so u gotta be specific cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. i think u shouldav asked me first what God i believe in?u dunno if my religion depicts God as a holy ram or according to my indians friends as a cow and if God came in that form, i sure would as a talking cow would be an anomaly grin grin grin grin

but seriously i dnt get the direction of the question undecided undecided undecided undecided
Joshthefirst: if God came to confirm the bible for you, how would you recognize him?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Orikinla(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
Blame the translators and not God.

Lest we forget, the book of the Holy Bible as we know it today never existed in the days of Jesus Christ.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
grin grin grin grin
in a court of law, if something was counted as 969 and i say its about 1000, is it not better than someone else saying its actually 971. cool
Emusan:

If you call it mistake it's left for you.

You're referring to Qur'an.
Did you know that Qur'an doesn't always give actual number of an historical even rather using a statement like "about 1000 people" which has posed weakness on Allah's part?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by soludo93(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
Instead of asking questions to be clarified, you proceeded to make deceptive assumptions. let me correct you in all your damaging presuppositions.
1. Mathew says that the figure withered presently not immediately. at present before the record of any other event. Mark specified that time to be evening.
2. Mark 1:2 KJV
As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Prophets (not specific)
3. Romans 16:23-25 KJV
23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.
24The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
It is unfortunate that you lifted something from internet and claims to be the author. Quite disgusting that you didn't verify your curiosity before presenting it for public consumption. frosbel quote author=]

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by cold(m): 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Again if the argument is part of the bible came from god and part from primitive men,how do we know which is which?You do not know if Jesus really is resurrected, or if that's just a make-believe story inserted by primitive men. How do you know if God wrote the Ten Commandments or not? If any part of the Bible has been polluted by primitive men, you have to reject the whole thing. There is no way to know who wrote what, so the entire book is invalid. Let me reiterate,there really is no middle ground here. The Bible has to be an all-or-nothing book. Either the entire Bible came from God, or none of it did.

4 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
on point!!!!!!!!!
cold: Again if the argument is part of the bible came from god and part from primitive men,how do we know which is which?You do not know if Jesus really is resurrected, or if that's just a make-believe story inserted by primitive men. How do you know if God wrote the Ten Commandments or not? If any part of the Bible has been polluted by primitive men, you have to reject the whole thing. There is no way to know who wrote what, so the entire book is invalid. Let me reiterate,there really is no middle ground here. The Bible has to be an all-or-nothing book. Either the entire Bible came from God, or none of it did.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
uzoexcel: u mean the xtian God?or catholic God?or Allah? or krishna?the jehovah witnesses idea of God is different from the catholic idea of a God.so u gotta be specific cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. i think u shouldav asked me first what God i believe in?u dunno if my religion depicts God as a holy ram or according to my indians friends as a cow and if God came in that form, i sure would as a talking cow would be an anomaly grin grin grin grin

but seriously i dnt get the direction of the question undecided undecided undecided undecided
The Christian God.

Kay17 needs direct validation of scripture by God himself coming down from heaven.

There're many issues to that, but what if God came down from heaven and worked a miracle, why would you not still choose to doubt?

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
if he did that, i wouldnt v a problem..though we would have to subject him to medical evaluations and make high level tests to be sure it aint a sham...too many false prophets have done the same since time immemorial

though between God cant do that..he would send someone and not himself...thats how its always been
Joshthefirst: The Christian God.

Kay17 needs direct validation of scripture by God himself coming down from heaven.

There're many issues to that, but what if God came down from heaven and worked a miracle, why would you not still choose to doubt?
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by uzoexcel(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] sir pls read D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ book of 2 cor ch 3 v 6, there Ȋ̝̊̅§ a spirit behind D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ letters, A̶̲̥̅♍ not denying D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ fact, u ve a point yes! The fact still remains dt Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅ ̊Your doubt Ȋ̝̊̅§ unnecessary if u ve D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ holy ghost. He will teach u D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ truth behind D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ letters, cos there Ȋ̝̊̅§ a spirit behind D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ word. Pls read dt passage wit understandn. Love u brother.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
soludo93: Instead of asking questions to be clarified, you proceeded to make deceptive assumptions. let me correct you in all your damaging presuppositions.
1. Mathew says that the figure withered presently not immediately. at present before the record of any other event. Mark specified that time to be evening.
2. Mark 1:2 KJV
As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
Prophets (not specific)
3. Romans 16:23-25 KJV
23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.
24The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
It is unfortunate that you lifted something from internet and claims to be the author. Quite disgusting that you didn't verify your curiosity before presenting it for public consumption. frosbel quote author=]

what are you rambling about

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
Joshthefirst: The Christian God.

There is no Christian GOD.

God is for ALL, he has no religious affiliation.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
uzoexcel: if he did that, i wouldnt v a problem..though we would have to subject him to medical evaluations and make high level tests to be sure it aint a sham...too many false prophets have done the same since time immemorial

though between God cant do that..he would send someone and not himself...thats how its always been
Lol.

Which kind of tests would you carry out on God? A spiritual being?

And yes. You'd still have problems. You'd still doubt.

Many true prophets have come and gone also. They've worked signs and preached repentance yet you don't believe.

They're even around now. Yet you choose not to listen and you choose to doubt their message inspite of the miracles happening right next door.

Jesus also came. He came as our kinsman. But he was not just a man. He was God. Yes. God has actually come to confirm his word before. He came once. Be broke into our realm and was born among us. People saw him do God-things and bore witness. But men like you still doubted.

Others believed though. And it was written down so you'd believe also. Men still come around and preach, and God still confirms his word. But men like you still doubt and throw tantrums of rebellion, thinking they're smart.

God came the first time to save. The next time he'll come in all his glory to judge.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Joshthefirst(m): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

There is no Christian GOD.

God is for ALL, he has no religious affiliation.

yes. He has no religious affiliation. I didn't want to start an argument with him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.