Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (202836 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 7:27am On Apr 02, 2017
kokobi99:

Please, after submission of all the document to the embassy, how long will it take to be processed? thank you

I don't have admission yet and yet to apply, just weighing my options.

Am 3 month

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kokobi99: 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
UI1:

Am 3 month

Sent you a private message
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2017
3-4month
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by mikol(m): 6:45am On Apr 18, 2017
Please can someone tell me if someone of 40 years can be given a post graduate study visa? Also applying with owns company or can he claims to be working in another company? Which one will fly best? Thanks for your response.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ndulyf: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2017
Please ist possible to work while schooling in Portugal
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
mikol:
Please can someone tell me if someone of 40 years can be given a post graduate study visa? Also applying with owns company or can he claims to be working in another company? Which one will fly best? Thanks for your response.

Age doesn't matter for post graduate applicant.

Also applying with owns company or can he claims to be working in another company?
Answ: any one you can provide bank statement of cash flowing in and out
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
ndulyf:
Please ist possible to work while schooling in Portugal

Is possible
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by mikol(m): 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thank you so much UI1. I really appreciate your response. For more clearity, I will be using my own registered company to apply for a student post graduate program.

I have sent you a private message kindly respond.

UI1:

Age doesn't matter for post graduate applicant.

Also applying with owns company or can he claims to be working in another company?
Answ: any one you can provide bank statement of cash flowing in and out
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 5:56pm On May 01, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Like I said, I would post updates on my Visa Application Process on this forum so that prospective applicants can learn from it.

On the 4th of April, 2017, I went to the Embassy in Abuja with ALL my documents ready for submission and application as suggested my most seniors on this tread. Only for me to get there and for the Man who attended to me to tell me that I could only submit my University Certificates/Transcripts on that day and would be called once the verification of the credentials is complete (at the NUC). I appreciate all your comments. But for the purpose of those who would be applying this year, please note that the verification for certificates at NUC is still the first process to visa application. And for this stage of the application, I THINK SOMEONE CAN ACTUALLY DO THIS PART ON YOUR BEHALF. This is my personal opinion, as I was just given a form to fill for this process. The form contains the information of the Document Owner and the information of the person who is submitting these documents on his/her behalf. You can try it if Abuja is thousands of miles away.

The person who collected my certificate actually said the verification process at NUC should take between 3 Weeks to 1 Month. It would be a month by next tomorrow, I am yet to hear from them. I called the embassy, and the response I got was that my documents have not returned from the NUC.

Please house, does anyone know how to speed things up from NUC's end?

The next process, once they get my documents verified at NUC is the application proper which involves the submission/presentation of the documents mentioned up-thread. Many thanks.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 6:00pm On May 01, 2017
I get my tweets faster. I'm @xurdeeq on twitter.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kayles: 5:56pm On May 05, 2017
Hello everyone, I've really been seeking out a foreign school where I can apply for my MSc with low cost tuition and I found one but they've asked me to pay 1300euro before I even get an admission/acceptance letter. Nigerians studying in Portugal, please I need your contribution. I'll post the mail they sent me. The school is Polytechnic Institute of Braganca (IPB).

Dear Student,
I inform you about the IPB master program:

Foreign students who wish to enroll in a Master programme at the IPB should have completed a degree in a 1st cycle course, organized according to the principles of Bologna Process, or have a degree recognized as an undergraduate course by the Scientific Council of the higher education institution that bestows the degree.
The application process step by step
1st step - Provide the documentation
To apply to a Master programme, you should provide the following documents:
• Application form;
• Authenticated transcript of your previous degree(s). This document should be in English, French or Spanish, or be accompanied by a certified translation in English. Also, the original document should be certified by the Hague Convention Apostille;
• Curriculum Vitae in English, Spanish or French;
• Photocopy of passport.

The documents should be sent to the International Relations Office:

International Relations Office
Instituto Politécnico de Bragança
Campus de Santa Apolónia
5300-253 Bragança - Portugal
E-mail: natalia@ipb.pt
2nd step - Payment of emoluments
The emoluments for the admission process are 1.300,00 EUR, you need to pay this value when you formalize the application and send me the documents, and this value is non-refundable.
Only after the payment of this fee the process will be considered for analysis. The International Relations Office (IRO) will send you all the details concerning the bank transfer.

3rd step - Verify your mailbox
After the admission process has been concluded, we will send you an email confirming if you were admitted at IPB.
4th Step - Request your visa
After you receive an email stating that you were accepted at IPB, you need to confirm your interest in studying at IPB and request us the necessary documentation for visa formalities.
5th Step - Health Insurance and Accommodation
The IPB provides an insurance which only covers accidents that occur on the Institute premises during the days and months that school is open for classes. International students should take out a private health insurance in the respective country of origin. It is recommended that students acquire previous knowledge of all the conditions and coverage foreseen in Portugal. Also, you should present your Individual health bulletin with regularized anti-tetanus vaccine at your arrival at the IPB.
The IPB can’t provide accommodation for international students in the students’ residences. Nevertheless, the International Office can help you finding housing. Please contact us via email (natalia@ipb.pt).
6th Step - Arriving at IPB
When arriving at the IPB, you should go to the International Relations Office. We will guide to the Academic Services to formalize your enrolment. You will need to present your Individual health bulletin with regularized anti-tetanus vaccine. Also, you will be requested to pay the first installment and the enrolment fee. For more information on fees and emoluments, please visitAcademic Fees and Emoluments.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Com os melhores cumprimentos/ Best Regards / 此致敬禮 / Saludos cordiales
Natália Sofia.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Liyahtim: 3:20pm On May 10, 2017
Xadeeq:
Hello Everyone,

Like I said, I would post updates on my Visa Application Process on this forum so that prospective applicants can learn from it.

On the 4th of April, 2017, I went to the Embassy in Abuja with ALL my documents ready for submission and application as suggested my most seniors on this tread. Only for me to get there and for the Man who attended to me to tell me that I could only submit my University Certificates/Transcripts on that day and would be called once the verification of the credentials is complete (at the NUC). I appreciate all your comments. But for the purpose of those who would be applying this year, please note that the verification for certificates at NUC is still the first process to visa application. And for this stage of the application, I THINK SOMEONE CAN ACTUALLY DO THIS PART ON YOUR BEHALF. This is my personal opinion, as I was just given a form to fill for this process. The form contains the information of the Document Owner and the information of the person who is submitting these documents on his/her behalf. You can try it if Abuja is thousands of miles away.

The person who collected my certificate actually said the verification process at NUC should take between 3 Weeks to 1 Month. It would be a month by next tomorrow, I am yet to hear from them. I called the embassy, and the response I got was that my documents have not returned from the NUC.

Please house, does anyone know how to speed things up from NUC's end?

The next process, once they get my documents verified at NUC is the application proper which involves the submission/presentation of the documents mentioned up-thread. Many thanks.

Please how may I reach you I have the same problem

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Kingbukaz: 12:53am On May 15, 2017
Please UII, do you know any Nigeria doing PhD There? What's the tuition fees like? Can one work n pay tuition at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Chi360(f): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
I also got admitted into NOVA IMS for masters this week and was told to pay my advance fee.

Since Everyone is saying the visa takes 3 months, will I still be able to meet up since school starts September?

Xadeeq:

Hello to everyone in this forum. I am sure the has been silence here for a while. I hope I would be able to bring it back to life with my question because I need a lot of contribution from you guys. I am really counting on you all.

I got admission MSc. into NOVA IMS. And my resumption is slated for September 2017. I immediately contacted the Portugal Embassy, Abuja and this was their reply:

[i]Good morning,

With reference to your email below, the Consular Section informs that it will first verify your certificate/s. Therefore, you have to stamp the photocopy of the certificate/s and transcript/s at the Federal Ministry of Education before bringing them to the Embassy. Depending on the level of education, the verification process has cost implication.
If the result of the verification is positive, you will be contacted to come to apply for the visa with the following documents:

- a valid passport,
- copy of data page of the passport and any other page with a visa or stamp,
- very clearly completed application form,
- 2 recent coloured passport photos,
- copy of school certificates stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country,
- Police Character certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country,
- letter of acceptance from the school in Portugal,
- evidence of accommodation in Portugal,
- proof of financial capability if you are not on scholarship.

The Police Character Certificate will be translated and authenticated by this Consular Section at the cost of 55 Euros (paid in Naira, according to the exchange rate for the month).

You must apply in person. Consular Section is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9.30a.m. and 12.30p.m. except on Portuguese and Nigerian National holidays.

Please note that if you will require your certificate/s legalised by this Consular Section, the fee is 15 Euros per document (paid in Naira, according to the exchange rate for the month).

Visas are granted or denied by Portugal and this visa has a long processing period, so the Embassy does not keep the passport. When the reply is received from Portugal, the Embassy contacts the applicant.

Regards,
Embassy of Portugal[/I]

Almost everything is clear. However, I need clarification from those who have gone through this process. I am based in lagos and my schedule is very tight. For those who have gone through this Student Visa Application Process (especially recently) please share your experiences/advise:

1. How long does this Verification of Certificate/Transcripts By the Embassy take?
2. From whom are they verifying?
3. Is there a way to speed things up (if verification is with my school)?
4. As I am in Lagos, can I send someone to submit the Credentials for me (proxy submission)? What would I need, in addition, to give to the person?
5. Whats the specs for the Passport photo collected at the embassy?
6. I currently do not have accommodation in Portugal, I will only get it when my visa is ready and pay my remaining school fees. This would even probably mean when I get to Portugal. How do I make case for this during Visa Application?
7. For the proof of financial capability, I am not sponsoring myself. Whoever my sponsor is, what is the minimum amount that should be in the Person's Account? Remaining school fees is about 4000 EUROs. Does Block Account apply here?
8. After verification and submission of Visa Application, how long does it take to hear from the embassy?

These and many more are my questions. Please help out in answering them.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by 68816419: 6:42am On Jun 18, 2017
kungfumaster:

as i said earlier cyprus is a dead country, you can go there for studies if you have a strong finacial backup from home and u have just plans for studies.if you thinking of living a western life in cyprus den 4get it.portugal is heaven compared to cyprus but still life is hard there.
thanks man,please I currently have my degree and would like to obtain my masters in Germany or Portugal, please where would u advice me to go,and what options r available if I don't HV money for a block account in Germany and no chance of getting funded, lastly how do I go about processing admition to Portugal. blessings !

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by 68816419: 4:50am On Jun 19, 2017
UI1:
@ xadeeq

Firstly, Congratulation for securing an admission in Portugal. The journey is very near to you if you follow the following steps:

1. How long does this Verification of Certificate/Transcripts By the Embassy take?

Answer: It takes time but since you are applying for master not undergraduate just ignore the verification at their embassy until all your documents is ready for submission.

Ans: for post graduate they verify at NUC but for O.Level Certificate at the various Secondary Schools.

Ans: Yes, if you went to submitted just your academy certificate it will take much time and money for going and coming to Abuja. Wait till all your documents is ready. This logic is only for those going for post graduate course not undergraduate. Undergraduate needs to go for verification first and pay 50,000 naira before submitting other documents.

4. As I am in Lagos, can I send someone to submit the Credentials for me (proxy submission)? What would I need, in addition, to give to the person?
Ans: You can not send someone to submit on your behave you have to be there in person. I meet Cameroonians and Ghanaians in my school they told me that they applied for their Portugal visa in Nigeria. I asked them did you send it through courier services or send someone. Both replied that is not possible, they have to traveled to Nigeria in person to submitted their documents.

Ans: if your visa is granted the passport photo will be in that visa.

6. I currently do not have accommodation in Portugal, I will only get it when my visa is ready and pay my remaining school fees. This would even probably mean when I get to Portugal. How do I make case for this during Visa Application?

Ans: Send a mail to the school and request for hostel accommodation and included in you mail that you we need the accommodation letter for visa processing. Do that as soon as possible, if possible tomorrow morning send them a mail. Because Portugal visa takes longer time at their embassy.

7. For the proof of financial capability, I am not sponsoring myself. Whoever my sponsor is, what is the minimum amount that should be in the Person's Account? Remaining school fees is about 4000 EUROs. Does Block Account apply here?
Ans: Block account is not applying in Portugal. Make sure that the money in your sponsorer account is above 1.5 million, 2m to 2.5 million is ok.

8. After verification and submission of Visa Application, how long does it take to hear from the embassy?

Ans: It takes time because the Portugal embassy in Abuja is only one attending to all other west African countries. Therefore, you need to get all the document in time and submit it if possible by April. Also, the embassy will still need to take it to their home office in Portugal for decision on it. And here people applying for study in Portugal are many from various part of the world especially the Brazilian, Ukrainian, Turkey and some of the countries they colonies in Africa.
Even here in Portugal to book appointment at their immigration office for resident permit it will take them up to a month before them called you for interview. Because people are many applying for their permit.

Hope the little i said will help you and others.
wow thanks boss, please can we chat on what app if u don't mind ?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Mistmipher: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2017
UI1:
@ xadeeq

Firstly, Congratulation for securing an admission in Portugal. The journey is very near to you if you follow the following steps:

Answer: It takes time but since you are applying for master not undergraduate just ignore the verification at their embassy until all your documents is ready for submission.

Ans: for post graduate they verify at NUC but for O.Level Certificate at the various Secondary Schools.

Ans: Yes, if you went to submitted just your academy certificate it will take much time and money for going and coming to Abuja. Wait till all your documents is ready. This logic is only for those going for post graduate course not undergraduate. Undergraduate needs to go for verification first and pay 50,000 naira before submitting other documents.

Ans: You can not send someone to submit on your behave you have to be there in person. I meet Cameroonians and Ghanaians in my school they told me that they applied for their Portugal visa in Nigeria. I asked them did you send it through courier services or send someone. Both replied that is not possible, they have to traveled to Nigeria in person to submitted their documents.

Ans: Send a mail to the school and request for hostel accommodation and included in you mail that you we need the accommodation letter for visa processing. Do that as soon as possible, if possible tomorrow morning send them a mail. Because Portugal visa takes longer time at their embassy.

Ans: Block account is not applying in Portugal. Make sure that the money in your sponsorer account is above 1.5 million, 2m to 2.5 million is ok.

Ans: It takes time because the Portugal embassy in Abuja is only one attending to all other west African countries. Therefore, you need to get all the document in time and submit it if possible by April. Also, the embassy will still need to take it to their home office in Portugal for decision on it. And here people applying for study in Portugal are many from various part of the world especially the Brazilian, Ukrainian, Turkey and some of the countries they colonies in Africa.
Even here in Portugal to book appointment at their immigration office for resident permit it will take them up to a month before them called you for interview. Because people are many applying for their permit.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2017
Hello @forum.

Has anyone been granted visa or heard anything from the Portuguese Embassy yet? We're almost in September already...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
It's almost October, no word from the Embassy yet... Na wa ooo. God dey!!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by danie09(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2017
Hi. Guys I just want to ask if anyone got visa at the embassy this year .becauase I plan to apply next year
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
danie09:
Hi. Guys I just want to ask if anyone got visa at the embassy this year .becauase I plan to apply next year

For the records, we (about 9 of us that I know) all got it IN OCTOBER.

Btw: I know about someone who freshly apply after we arrived in Portugal, the person is still waiting for results, as we speak!

Good luck with your application.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ItsJonathan(m): 8:45am On Mar 05, 2018
UI1:
@ xadeeq

Good morning brother will 2.5million in a bank account be enough to get an undergraduate study visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lamestika(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2018
Is Portugal a place to hustle juts want to know
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hi I am David, I just want any one their who is interested in any school in Ukraine, Poland, Norway, Canada, Belarus, Asia, Russia, Malaysia and other European country for low tuition university can contact me. I am an agent 100 % sure of you getting what u want. This is what we do e.g we can work out your admission for you, you don't need to stress your self 2 we will issue an invitation letter our self from the recognize school.3 we also make you the traveling documents you need and also we work out your VISA assurance 100% sure no doubt. Contact me on wassup no.08098974101 or email me on talk2davidjoseph@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by adepojusaint(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
UI1:

Is possible

Bosses in the house, please i gained admission into the UTAD for both M.Sc and Ph.D but i feel the associated fees of 3000 and 3500 Euros respectively is high, and with no feeling that the school issues partial/Full Tuition Waiver.

Although i also initially got approved for Ph.D in Coimbra which is just 2000 Euros a year, however, inability to speak the Portuguese language which is central to my proposed Thesis makes it a no-go area.

I would like to know the chances of securing a part time work during study and what is the estimated income i can make in a month.

I would also like to get your views on any other alternative school or area in Portugal that you feel will be more meaningful and productive.

My apologies for taking your time and thanks for your anticipated response.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
adepojusaint:

Bosses in the house, please i gained admission into the UTAD for both M.Sc and Ph.D but i feel the associated fees of 3000 and 3500 Euros respectively is high, and with no feeling that the school issues partial/Full Tuition Waiver.

Although i also initially got approved for Ph.D in Coimbra which is just 2000 Euros a year, however, inability to speak the Portuguese language which is central to my proposed Thesis makes it a no-go area.

I would like to know the chances of securing a part time work during study and what is the estimated income i can make in a month.

I would also like to get your views on any other alternative school or area in Portugal that you feel will be more meaningful and productive.

My apologies for taking your time and thanks for your anticipated response.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congratulations on your admission.

Coimbra University is well recognized than Utad unfortunately Coimbra only have classes in Portuguese language. 3000 euro for M.Sc student is a bit expensive but what is your course of study before we make our conclusion.

Securing a part time work during study:
Undergraduate and Master's student are not allow to work only PhD student but that doesn't me you cannot get a part time job. Firstly learn their language the rest is story (Nigerians no dey kari last). As a student doing part time job you can earn 400-600 euro per month, don't expect more than that because Portugal is also facing economic crises.

Wish you best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by adepojusaint(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
UI1:

Congratulations on your admission.

Coimbra University is well recognized than Utad unfortunately Coimbra only have classes in Portuguese language. 3000 euro for M.Sc student is a bit expensive but what is your course of study before we make our conclusion.

Securing a part time work during study:
Undergraduate and Master's student are not allow to work only PhD student but that doesn't me you cannot get a part time job. Firstly learn their language the rest is story (Nigerians no dey kare last). As a student doing part time job you can earn 400-600 euro per month, don't expect more than that because Portugal is also facing economic crises.

Wish you best of luck

Thanks boss for the insight, The MSc is in Anthropology while the PhD is in Development and Societies.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
adepojusaint:

Thanks boss for the insight, The MSc is in Anthropology while the PhD is in Development and Societies.

Go only for M.Sc leave PhD, not easy to pay that kind of money here unless if you have backup at home. After your master degree you can enroll for PhD in a well developed countries (Germany, Usa, Canada, England etc). Portugal economy is not that buoyant, but Portugal is a stepping stone to achieve your dream.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ekababy123(f): 7:03am On Aug 01, 2018
Good morning guys, please has anyone gotten visa with utad language course certificate of acceptance or admission letter? I want to apply for undergraduate degree in Utad but they said I have to first apply for portugues language course before I can apply for bachelor's degree. The school said the acceptance letter will read that the objective of the course is to apply as an international student to bachelor's degree and it's enough to apply for visa. Please does anyone have any idea about this?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2018
ekababy123:
Good morning guys, please has anyone gotten visa with utad language course certificate of acceptance or admission letter? I want to apply for undergraduate degree in Utad but they said I have to first apply for portugues language course before I can apply for bachelor's degree. The school said the acceptance letter will read that the objective of the course is to apply as an international student to bachelor's degree and it's enough to apply for visa. Please does anyone have any idea about this?

Don't follow Utad advised, Portugal embassy doesn't grant visa for undergraduate student talk-less of language courses. Even here in Portugal they don't issue study permit for people study one year Portuguese language. I have a lot of friends from Senegal facing these problem.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by dewale1234(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
@UI1 and other contributors

Many thanks for the assistance and guide you've been giving on this thread. May i ask

What MSc course (taught in English) can be done by someone with an HND in Public administration and in what school

Kindly revert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by CowbellY: 3:01am On Sep 09, 2018
UI1:

Don't follow Utad advised, Portugal embassy doesn't grant visa for undergraduate student talk-less of language courses. Even here in Portugal they don't issue study permit for people study one year Portuguese language. I have a lot of friends from Senegal facing these problem.

Wow. No visa for undergraduates. Terrible

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.