Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President (27175 Views)

Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Tolexander: 11:39am On Aug 03, 2014
khafrahdante:
And this is August already
look well bro!
It was said in march 2012 that it would end by june 2012.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 03, 2014
omenka: The embarrassment of having Jonathan as Nigerian president will end in 2015!
My , my, my....smileycheesy
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:41am On Aug 03, 2014
#[In the next few months, no criminals will ever
embarrass us again]#
Oga Jona Say so
PDP all the way Vote for Omisore
PDP all the way Vote for Mr Jonathan come 2015,Cos
ApShit is full of Islamic BokoHaram who wants to turn our blessed Nation to desert and Islamic State God no go gree for them
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by date1816: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2014
2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) is from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists) in which there is not doubt!

3. Or say they: "He (Muhammad ) has fabricated it?" Nay, it is the truth from your Lord, that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you (O Muhammad ), in order that they may be guided.

4. Allah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He Istawa (rose over) the Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). You (mankind) have none, besides Him, as a Wali (protector or helper etc.) or an intercessor. Will you not then remember (or be admonished)?

5. He arranges (every) affair from the heavens to the earth, then it (affair) will go up to Him, in one Day, the space whereof is a thousand years of your reckoning (i.e. reckoning of our present world's time).

6. That is He, the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.

7. Who made everything He has created good, and He began the creation of man from clay.

8. Then He made his offspring from semen of worthless water (male and female sexual discharge).

9. Then He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him the soul (created by Allah for that person), and He gave you hearing (ears), sight (eyes) and hearts. Little is the thanks you give!

10. And they say: "When we are (dead and become) lost in the earth, shall we indeed be recreated anew?" Nay, but they deny the Meeting with their Lord!

11. Say: "The angel of death, who is set over you, will take your souls, then you shall be brought to your Lord."

12. And if you only could see when the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) shall hang their heads before their Lord (saying): "Our Lord! We have now seen and heard, so send us back (to the world), we will do righteous good deeds. Verily! We now believe with certainty."

13. And if We had willed, surely! We would have given every person his guidance, but the Word from Me took effect (about evil-doers), that I will fill Hell with jinn and mankind together.

14. Then taste you (the torment of the Fire) because of your forgetting the Meeting of this Day of yours, (and) surely! We too will forget you, so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do.

15. Only those believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by MARKone(m): 11:42am On Aug 03, 2014
“In the next few months, no criminals will ever embarrass us again - in this country.”

Jonathan and PDP deceiving and lying to gullible to Nigerians since 1999

The president assured Oba Sijuade that if the PDP candidate won the election in Osun, the federal government will bring development to the state.

So if the PDP man does not win, the FG will not bring development to Osun state? another epic comment from our president, so sad.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by date1816: 11:43am On Aug 03, 2014
16. Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (charity in Allah's Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them.

17. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.

18. Is then he who is a believer like him who is Fasiq (disbeliever and disobedient to Allah)? Not equal are they.

19. As for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens (Paradise) as an entertainment, for what they used to do.

20. And as for those who are Fasiqun (disbelievers and disobedient to Allah), their abode will be the Fire, every time they wish to get away therefrom, they will be put back thereto, and it will be said to them: "Taste you the torment of the Fire which you used to deny."

21. And verily, We will make them taste of the near torment (i.e. the torment in the life of this world, i.e. disasters, calamities, etc.) prior to the supreme torment (in the Hereafter), in order that they may (repent and) return (i.e. accept Islam).

22. And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, then he turns aside therefrom? Verily, We shall exact retribution from the Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.).

23. And indeed We gave Musa (Moses) the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)]. So be not you in doubt of meeting him [i.e.when you met Musa (Moses) during the night of Al-Isra' and Al-Mi'raj over the heavens]. And We made it [the Taurat (Torah)] a guide to the Children of Israel.

24. And We made from among them (Children of Israel), leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).

25. Verily, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection, concerning that wherein they used to differ.

26. Is it not a guidance for them, how many generations We have destroyed before them in whose dwellings they do walk about? Verily, therein indeed are signs. Would they not then listen?

27. Have they not seen how We drive water (rain clouds) to the dry land without any vegetation, and therewith bring forth crops providing food for their cattle and themselves? Will they not then see?

28. They say: "When will this Al-Fath (Decision) be (between us and you, i.e. the Day of Resurrection), if you are telling the truth?"

29. Say: "On the Day of Al-Fath (Decision), no profit will it be to those who disbelieve if they (then) believe! Nor will they be granted a respite."

30. So turn aside from them (O Muhammad ) and await, verily they (too) are awaiting.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by hensben(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2014
shejane: "If PDP Candidate won the election in osun state, the fed govt will bring development to the state".

Imagine what d President of Nigeria will open his mouth to say

Meaning he's now President of PDP states in Nigeria

Dis man shd ask God for wisdom like solomon pls
my brother, me tire oo.
I dey talk am before say GEJ na OPPORTUNIST of a president.
He is not BRAVE as a leader.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by experimentist: 11:46am On Aug 03, 2014
Mr Dollar-hat likes drinking on the job grin
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by ElFenomeno1: 11:48am On Aug 03, 2014
GEJ you are a stupid fool.

Stop bloody making promises and failing to keep them... You are notorious for doing that and nothing comes out of it.

Stop talking nonsense, dumb president!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by kabba7(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2014
Someone should help the south east and south south worshipers in the jonathanism diety that this newly employed burukutu brewer in Aso villa is doing no good to the president he seem to loose memory faster than before the unfortunate coming of this Igala woman . How can he be talking again of ending boko haram when the insurgents have virtually finish his governmentj ..
How I wish this man is an ordinary school leaver not a Phd holder he uas completely messed up that certificate .
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by PEREP: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2014
If you want BH menace to stop, agree with the President. We have no other country and in this season, GEJ leads the Country.

In another news:
Just driving through Lagos this morning and noticed most roads are getting contour already. Uncle Fash, why won't these roads do up to 2 yrs na It is well oh

Osun Guber Polls;
Hope the Opon Imo initiative will pull Aregbe through?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by hensben(m): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2014
My younger sibling>>GEJ, in terms of using one's brain well to reason before talking.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2014
That is my president!!!!
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 03, 2014
Sincerely, it's time GEJ applies more caution to what he says. We can't afford political statements at this painful period.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by BENZINA(m): 11:56am On Aug 03, 2014
Guidette: Another empty promise.

Where is the light he promised us?
Where are:
The roads?
The security?
The Chibok girls?
The sponsors of bokoharam?
The corrupt officials?
The dividends of subsidy removal?
The employment opportunities?
The 2nd Niger bridge?
The airports?
The universities?
The oil refineries?
The agricultural and industrial development?
The water supply?
.……………

NO ACTION PRESIDENT is what GEJ is. A disappointment/embarrassment to the nation.
In PEJ's voice:[i] Chai! Diaris God oooo[/i]You can #blamejonathan# if he has been president of Nigeria since 1807,stronzo.

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Pool4us(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2014
We hope so.... But i think he have said dis sumtims bakWe hope so.... But i think he have said dis sumtims bakWe hope so.... But i think he have said dis sumtims bak
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by idee91: 11:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Does Ebele jonathan knows hw many lifes would be lost in those few months...... God would end it for us soonest insha Allah
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Ikpewe: 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
Haters are spewing nonsense
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by oladoyinbb(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ptoocool: Hmmmmm..

Uncle Jona, we don hear u..
Pls tell us more..

What else, than 4 him to 2 go n chop d money e kept
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Hasselbaink: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Opeomoope: The menace of Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past, President Goodluck Jonathan has assured. Jonathan gave the assurance yesterday in Ile-Ife when he dropped in to pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, on the way to the Peoples Democratic Party campaign rally in Osogbo.
The president vowed to rid the country of insurgency and other forms of criminality, saying that his government is building a strong security infrastructure to deal with the country’s security challenges.
He said, “There are certain things we should have done as a government, but because of the situation in the country, we have not been able to do many of them. The kind of embarrassment we are receiving now - will never continue in this country.
“We want to build a very strong Army, Nigeria Police, Navy, and the Air Force so that these rascals called Boko Haram will never stop us because we will surely rout Boko Haram. We are very committed.
“In the next few months, no criminals will ever embarrass us again - in this country.”
The president assured Oba Sijuade that if the PDP candidate won the election in Osun, the federal government will bring development to the state.
Earlier, the monarch had while welcoming the president said both Osun State and the South-west needed federal government's presence the region’s core sectors.
“For instance, in the agricultural sector, cocoa farming, which is the mainstay of the economy of South-west, deserves better attention. In the aviation sector, it would be appreciated if the ongoing upgrading of the Ibadan airport is completed. In the transportation sector, it is high time our railway system was expanded to link the South-west with the South-east through Akure, Owo and Benin,” Oba Sijuade said.
Jonathan also paid homage to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-embarrassment-will-end-in-few-months-says-president/185261/

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by dangotegroup: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
Register as a distributor and buy dangote cement at #1200 per bag or dangote rice at 6000 per bag. call sales manager RS Scheme 07069037705
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2014
i think d guy is talking tougher in recent times
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Motara109: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
GEJ same story tho angryGEJ same story tho
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Butoneday2(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
grin grin No be 2day yarnsh dey back? Infact i am begining 2 suspect dis man cald 'GEJ'.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by snaiper: 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Opeomoope: The menace of Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past, President Goodluck Jonathan has assured. Jonathan gave the assurance yesterday in Ile-Ife when he dropped in to pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, on the way to the Peoples Democratic Party campaign rally in Osogbo.
The president vowed to rid the country of insurgency and other forms of criminality, saying that his government is building a strong security infrastructure to deal with the country’s security challenges.
He said, “There are certain things we should have done as a government, but because of the situation in the country, we have not been able to do many of them. The kind of embarrassment we are receiving now - will never continue in this country.
“We want to build a very strong Army, Nigeria Police, Navy, and the Air Force so that these rascals called Boko Haram will never stop us because we will surely rout Boko Haram. We are very committed.
Earlier, the monarch had while welcoming the president said both Osun State and the South-west needed federal government's presence the region’s core sectors.
“For instance, in the agricultural sector, cocoa farming, which is the mainstay of the economy of South-west, deserves better attention. In the aviation sector, it would be appreciated if the ongoing upgrading of the Ibadan airport is completed. In the transportation sector, it is high time our railway system was expanded to link the South-west with the South-east through Akure, Owo and Benin,” Oba Sijuade said.
Jonathan also paid homage to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-embarrassment-will-end-in-few-months-says-president/185261/

so,what happens if otherwise

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Sby(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
Jona u are a fuckin pain in the ass how many times will you say these crAbe am sick of u
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by shellyboi: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
Oya nah Mr presido self know say if hin don drop power, there will be nothing like boko haram again in Naija... Just get da Bleep hell out of that sit world best mumuest presido!grin grin
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by econome(m): 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
dotcomnamename: [size=40pt]NA TODAY YOU DEY TALK AM?[/size] undecided

[size=40pt]WHO YOU DEY FOOL?[/size] undecided

[size=50pt]MUMU[/size]

Chai! I hate it when ppl call a president Fool/mumu. Don't u know he's the most important person presently in the country?

A mumu manuovre 100million nigerian to elect him?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Its about time
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by LEXYCOM: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
I beggi Jona, no just annoy be dis afternoon......
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by obayaya(m): 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
Guidette:

Be realistic for once and stop deceiving yourself. He has promised us way too much and has achieved nada.

I am sure you dont have light right now plus you go an fetch water everday to bath (if you dont have borehole); you have to buy fuel from blackmarket for you car and genset; the road to your house is bad; you have security guard but still lock your house up for fear of armed robbers; food is expensive in market; you are unemployed or under employed(or still in school because of strike)…

I could continue painting out various scenarios for you. If this is your life and you keep shouting GEJ till God knows when, then you are bigger than the biggest fool known to mankind.

Please just hush it already..

What's deceptive about being optimistic and hopeful?

What's all these stuffs you wrote up there? Nigeria is this!! Nigeria is that. Goodluck this!! Goodluck that!!

Before you started your sojourns abroad, I'm sure you lived in Nigeria. The Nigeria you lived in didn't have all these problems you listed up there right? Delusions!!!

We all are hoping the insurgency ends soon. And that's all that matters. All these _shit you wrote up there to justify your veiled wish that the insurgency continues so you can continue to cast aspersions on the president means nothing.

Nigeria is faced with myriads of problems!!! None of which started today. The best you and I can do is support the government of the day in her quest to solve the problems.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by obayaya(m): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
eddyland: gues u ar hissing 4 urself nd I see no atom of pessimism in what he said. I gues u ar d one 2 tek ur optimism 2 president Jona, so dat mek d fish wey swallow Jona no com swallow u join. Ah ah...don't u get tired of dis fary tales by ur government?. Soon nw u wil believe dat dragon ever existed.

Really?

So I shouldn't hold on to a promise of an end to the insurgency? Pray tell, What do I hold on to?

Can you see how silly you sound?

Were you expecting the president to say "we won't be able to defeat the insurgency"?

I think you and guidette will prefer to hear something like that huh?

Naysayers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Achieved Nothing, Kwara Governor Admits, Blasts APC Lawmakers / Wike Replies Senator Ireti Kingibe (Video) / Obasanjo's Sister, Adunni-oluniola Eweje-obasanjo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.