Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President (27177 Views)

Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by san316(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ok mr presido. Na u biko, i knw say u go carry gun urself go stop the embarisement. Bt wait o, na only if pdp win na im u go repair osun? I bow o. Osun abeg vote pdp.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by glosali(f): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls let it end.enough of the blood sheds www.glowysofiscated..com God will help dz country
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Opeomoope: The menace of Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past, President Goodluck Jonathan has assured. Jonathan gave the assurance yesterday in Ile-Ife when he dropped in to pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, on the way to the Peoples Democratic Party campaign rally in Osogbo.
The president vowed to rid the country of insurgency and other forms of criminality, saying that his government is building a strong security infrastructure to deal with the country’s security challenges.
He said, “There are certain things we should have done as a government, but because of the situation in the country, we have not been able to do many of them. The kind of embarrassment we are receiving now - will never continue in this country.
“We want to build a very strong Army, Nigeria Police, Navy, and the Air Force so that these rascals called Boko Haram will never stop us because we will surely rout Boko Haram. We are very committed.
“In the next few months, no criminals will ever embarrass us again - in this country.”
The president assured Oba Sijuade that if the PDP candidate won the election in Osun, the federal government will bring development to the state.
Earlier, the monarch had while welcoming the president said both Osun State and the South-west needed federal government's presence the region’s core sectors.
“For instance, in the agricultural sector, cocoa farming, which is the mainstay of the economy of South-west, deserves better attention. In the aviation sector, it would be appreciated if the ongoing upgrading of the Ibadan airport is completed. In the transportation sector, it is high time our railway system was expanded to link the South-west with the South-east through Akure, Owo and Benin,” Oba Sijuade said.
Jonathan also paid homage to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-embarrassment-will-end-in-few-months-says-president/185261/

Why can't it end now
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by stevecantrell: 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Nigeria's best ever president, I wish something will end in a few months...let me just stop there.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nestor021: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
***HOOOT***Latest MTN MAGIC SIM setup for unlimited free internet browsing was just posted @ www.felicitgyglobal.com.ng
More sharp MODERATORS are also needed at the forum.

Share!!!
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by EasternLeopard: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Let it continue to consume those who shed blood on pretense of claiming they are fighting for god.

May God protect those Northern Christians/Muslims who had always kicked against violence even before the emergence of Boko Haram

GEJ

You will do all your best but remember that the Northerners who took and still take delight in killing people must reap what they have sown.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by LydiaBI(f): 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
"The president assured Oba Sijuade that if the PDP candidate won the election in Osun, the federal government will bring development to the state."

What happens if the PDP candidate doesn't win the election,No federal Government development for the state? it's well!!!
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by solangers: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
See the picture of Don Jazzy's Latest Acquired Golden Bentley that drove fans crazy. It is said to be the first of its kid in nigeria and also worth $250 Million. See pictures of the car and donjazzy's tweet about the car below:

http://fikimaniaentertainment..com/2014/08/picture-of-don-jazzys-latest-golden.html
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nctrice(m): 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
patrickmuf: I don't blame some fellas for referring to GEJ as a clueless president, in our present scenario, it's ill advised to go about setting timelines you're not even sure of...It's only hurting his chances come 2015 as his opponent will be on the lookout for the state of things come the proposed timeline and if things don't change it's easy to term him a failure...
You don't still get the picture, do you?
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
boko haram till 2015..... wen GEJ ix done.....boko boiz ix done as well
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by phabulux: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
Opeomoope: The menace of Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past, President Goodluck Jonathan has assured JONATHAN gave the assurance yesterday in Ile-Ife when he dropped in to pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, on the way to the Peoples Democratic Party campaign rally in Osogbo.
The president vowed to rid the country of insurgency and other forms of criminality, saying that his government is building a strong security infrastructure to deal with the country’s security challenges.
He said, “There are certain things we should have done as a government, but because of the situation in the country, we have not been able to do many of them. The kind of embarrassment we are receiving now - will never continue in this country.
“We want to build a very strong Army, Nigeria Police, Navy, and the Air Force so that these rascals called Boko Haram will never stop us because we will surely rout Boko Haram. We are very committed.
“In the next few months, no criminals will ever embarrass us again - in this country.”
The president assured Oba Sijuade that if the PDP candidate won the election in Osun, the federal government will bring development to the state.
Earlier, the monarch had while welcoming the president said both Osun State and the South-west needed federal government's presence the region’s core sectors.
“For instance, in the agricultural sector, cocoa farming, which is the mainstay of the economy of South-west, deserves better attention. In the aviation sector, it would be appreciated if the ongoing upgrading of the Ibadan airport is completed. In the transportation sector, it is high time our railway system was expanded to link the South-west with the South-east through Akure, Owo and Benin,” Oba Sijuade said.
Jonathan also paid homage to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-embarrassment-will-end-in-few-months-says-president/185261/

Well, He has to be assured in CAPITAL letters. He's that daft. Though, I'll vote for him.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by AdeniyiA(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
PassingShot: Same way he said sometimes in 2012 that it would end by December 2012!
They won't end the insurgency, as could be seen from the post,i quote "
“There are certain things we should have done as a government, but because of the situation in the country, we have not been able to do many of them."
Our govts always blame others, circumstances nd other external factors for their failures, so in order to have something to blame, they'd rather handle the issue with kid gloves.. undecided
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Guidette(f): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
obayaya:

Please just hush it already..

What's deceptive about being optimistic and hopeful?

What's all these stuffs you wrote up there? Nigeria is this!! Nigeria is that. Goodluck this!! Goodluck that!!

Before you started your sojourns abroad, I'm sure you lived in Nigeria. The Nigeria you lived in didn't have all these problems you listed up there right? Delusions!!!

We all are hoping the insurgency ends soon. And that's all that matters. All these _shit you wrote up there to justify your veiled wish that the insurgency continues so you can continue to cast aspersions on the president means nothing.

Nigeria is faced with myriads of problems!!! None of which started today. The best you and I can do is support the government of the day in her quest to solve the problems.

Are you kidding me? I'm in Naija now, and right now as I type there is no light, my dad was nearly killed in one of the bomb blasts that happened last week and my mum went for a burial last week in which the death was caused by doctor strike. So you are telling me that I am not realistic? Why would I want insurgency to continue when it affects me and my family directly? I will never wish bad on any person even GEJ. Thousands have died while nothing meaningful has been done to stop Boko haram.

Jonathan just needs to go because if the problems have been going on for decades and he still can't solve it, then he has to move and let someone else do what needs to be done. I am not a sycophant, so I say things as I see them.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Guidette(f): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
melvin0004: are u in Nigeria at all.2nd Niger bridge project is on,airport hv taken a new shapes,roads construction ongoing in all part of d country. etc.with tym dis guy wud perform more.pls tell APC dat der can't win 2015 election with propaganda.

Ok, I have heard. Where are the rest because right now there is no light in our house.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by trustdanalhaji(m): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ebola or ebele I don't understand u, we Nigerians we have 2 rise and bring out a solution 2 our problems.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by blackbwe: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Which of these did you
fear most?
A: HIV/AIDS
B: BOKO HARAM
C: EBOLA
D: The Judgement day
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by probsolver: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
Guidette: Another empty promise.

Where is the light he promised us?
Where are:
The roads?
The security?
The Chibok girls?
The sponsors of bokoharam?
The corrupt officials?
The dividends of subsidy removal?
The employment opportunities?
The 2nd Niger bridge?
The airports?
The universities?
The oil refineries?
The agricultural and industrial development?
The water supply?
.……………

NO ACTION PRESIDENT is what GEJ is. A disappointment/embarrassment to the nation.
In PEJ's voice: Chai! Diaris God oooo

Part of 100 reasons u should not vote Jonathan come 2015. Compilation in progress
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by francisduru: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
Story! Story!!!
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by obayaya(m): 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
Guidette:
Are you kidding me? I'm in Naija now, and right now as I type there is no light, my dad was nearly killed in one of the bomb blasts that happened last week and my mum went for a burial last week in which the death was caused by doctor strike. So you are telling me that I am not realistic? Why would I want insurgency to continue when it affects me and my family directly? I will never wish bad on any person even GEJ. Thousands have died while nothing meaningful has been done to stop Boko haram.

If you really believe the bolded, then I'm afraid you've not been able to understand the enormity of the fight against Boko Haram and you may never be able to understand.

You hide in the safety of your house and call the sacrifices of soldiers paying the ultimate price in this fight "nothing meaningful". SMH

Jonathan just needs to go because if the problems have been going on for decades and he still can't solve it, then he has to move and let someone else do what needs to be done. I am not a sycophant, so I say things as I see them.

And all you see are empty promises?

And you expect him to perform a miracle and right all the wrongs that have accumulated over the decades in a day?

And what in your opinion needs to be done as regards boko haram?
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by dotcomnamename: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
WombRaiders:

May it not end! Let the tentacles of Boko Haram spread to whatever part you reside and may it affect you and your family.

Amen to that!

Plus you and your entire generation. Amen.

Excluding me because even if you use the fastest train in the world, you can't reach me so easyly, you will have to cross the red sea, the Irish sea and the Mediterranean sea.. tongue
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Elui2(m): 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
by 2015 we will know whether it is bokoharam of oga Jona dat will come to an end
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
dotcomnamename:

Plus you and your entire generation. Amen.

Excluding me because even if you use the fastest train in the world, you can't reach me so easyly, you will have to cross the red sea, the Irish sea and the Mediterranean sea.. tongue

Boko haram will kidnap any female thing in your household even livestock.

say amen
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by greggng: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pdp is boko haram and boko haram is pdp he should be able to know when they will end their rascality
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Forwetinnah: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
It better. ..its gone out of hand already
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by EasternLeopard: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
Guidette:

Ok, I have heard. Where are the rest because right now there is no light in our house.

Have you paid your NEPA(electricity) bill

You can prove to us that you have paid you bill if you have, by posting your bill online
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Revolva(m): 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
E just be me make I slap gej from tv radio laptop newspaper....anyday anytime
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by EasternLeopard: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
obayaya:

If you really believe the bolded, then I'm afraid you've not been able to understand the enormity of the fight against Boko Haram and you may never be able to understand.

You hide in the safety of your house and call the sacrifices of soldiers paying the ultimate price in this fight "nothing meaningful". SMH

And all you see are empty promises?

And you expect him to perform a miracle and right all the wrongs that have accumulated over the decades in a day?

And what in your opinion needs to be done as regards boko haram?

You really have time to reply some e-goats

They can help GEJ by joining the military or chibok hunters to fight Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by EasternLeopard: 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
greggng: Pdp is boko haram and boko haram is pdp he should be able to know when they will end their rascality

To you

Tinubu and Buhari are saviours of Nigeria

Buhari head of state 1980s yet some of you still want him to rule nigeria 30 years later.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by isokey: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
omenka: The embarrassment of having Jonathan as Nigerian president will end in 2015!
I tell u
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by descoay(m): 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
The same old story and empty promises. Nigeria needs a strong person as President not a weak personality like Jonathan who should not have been more than a Local Government Chairman or at best a State Deputy Governor. He should have promised that the Boko Haram insurgency will end in May 2015. MUMU.
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by ngona(f): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
By implication, uf PDP is not voted in no development for Ekiti!!! What a statement, APC no be Nigerians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Sister, Adunni-oluniola Eweje-obasanjo Is Dead / Attack Me, Not Igbo, Sultan To Northern Youths / Buba Jibril Is Dead (House Of Reps Deputy Majority Leader)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.