Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President (27150 Views)

Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Opeomoope: 9:45am On Aug 03, 2014
The menace of Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past, President Goodluck Jonathan has assured. Jonathan gave the assurance yesterday in Ile-Ife when he dropped in to pay homage to the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade, on the way to the Peoples Democratic Party campaign rally in Osogbo.
The president vowed to rid the country of insurgency and other forms of criminality, saying that his government is building a strong security infrastructure to deal with the country’s security challenges.
He said, “There are certain things we should have done as a government, but because of the situation in the country, we have not been able to do many of them. The kind of embarrassment we are receiving now - will never continue in this country.
“We want to build a very strong Army, Nigeria Police, Navy, and the Air Force so that these rascals called Boko Haram will never stop us because we will surely rout Boko Haram. We are very committed.
“In the next few months, no criminals will ever embarrass us again - in this country.”
The president assured Oba Sijuade that if the PDP candidate won the election in Osun, the federal government will bring development to the state.
Earlier, the monarch had while welcoming the president said both Osun State and the South-west needed federal government's presence the region’s core sectors.
“For instance, in the agricultural sector, cocoa farming, which is the mainstay of the economy of South-west, deserves better attention. In the aviation sector, it would be appreciated if the ongoing upgrading of the Ibadan airport is completed. In the transportation sector, it is high time our railway system was expanded to link the South-west with the South-east through Akure, Owo and Benin,” Oba Sijuade said.
Jonathan also paid homage to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-embarrassment-will-end-in-few-months-says-president/185261/

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by PassingShot(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2014
Same way he said sometimes in 2012 that it would end by December 2012!

82 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Tolexander: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2014
PassingShot: Same way he said sometimes last year that it would end by December 2013!
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/boko-haram-menace-ll-end-in-june-jonathan/

65 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Tolexander: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2014
PassingShot: Same way he said sometimes last year that it would end by December 2013!
[size=18pt]Boko Haram menace ‘ll end in June[/size] – Jonathan on march 28, 2012 at 2:10 am[/b]

87 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Tolexander: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2014
[size=18pt]Boko Haram menace ‘ll end in June[/size] – Jonathan on march 28, 2012 at 2:10 am

23 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by lakpalakpa: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2014
Same old foolish story from the dafties...

angry angry angry angry

55 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by dotcomnamename: 10:28am On Aug 03, 2014
[size=40pt]NA TODAY YOU DEY TALK AM?[/size] undecided

[size=40pt]WHO YOU DEY FOOL?[/size] undecided

[size=50pt]MUMU[/size]

105 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by shadowwalker101: 10:28am On Aug 03, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
lets hope so
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Ptoocool(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2014
Hmmmmm..

Uncle Jona, we don hear u..
Pls tell us more..

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by omenka(m): 10:30am On Aug 03, 2014
The embarrassment of having Jonathan as Nigerian president will end in 2015!

234 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by newacca: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2014
We hear this everyday bros Jona. grin grin Abeg fashion out another tactic; like the $1 billion you requested, the levick style, the Malala invitation.
Please help stop the embarrassment of " we are on top of the situation" " Bokoharam will be a thing of the past soon" statements.

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Boss13: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2014
Definitely the president knows when boko haram will end. I think it will end May 29, 2015

28 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by AnanseK(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2014
Look who is talking.( kiss :'

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by highbeeola(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2014
I pray so my dear country naija, I wan go marry better babe for north na boko boyz dey disturb me. I pray so my dear country naija, I wan go marry better babe for north na boko boyz dey disturb me. gringringringrin.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2014
dotcomnamename: [size=40pt]NA TODAY YOU DEY TALK AM?[/size] undecided

[size=40pt]WHO YOU DEY FOOL?[/size] undecided

[size=50pt]MUMU[/size]

May it not end! Let the tentacles of Boko Haram spread to whatever part you reside and may it affect you and your family.

Amen to that!

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by lilmax(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2014
We pray so

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2014
Na today

Look at common Cameroon, I trust Boko boys would be very careful before they stage another kidnapping there. Here all we hear na mouth making.

24 Likes

The menace of Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria will soon be a thing of the past, President Goodluck Jonathan has assured[s][/s]

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by prettyboi1(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Same way he said it would end in June of 2012...talk,talk,talk & no action.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by fr3do(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Seriously
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by anytexy: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Na today? Mtcheeeeew!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Ebubeslym(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2014
I BELIEVE IN YOU SIR

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by Guidette(f): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Another empty promise.

Where is the light he promised us?
Where are:
The roads?
The security?
The Chibok girls?
The sponsors of bokoharam?
The corrupt officials?
The dividends of subsidy removal?
The employment opportunities?
The 2nd Niger bridge?
The airports?
The universities?
The oil refineries?
The agricultural and industrial development?
The water supply?
.……………

NO ACTION PRESIDENT is what GEJ is. A disappointment/embarrassment to the nation.
In PEJ's voice: Chai! Diaris God oooo

76 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by ednut1(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2014
story

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by lexrichy(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2014
When the oga tells his boys to stop they will stop.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by scanp(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2014
I believe u my presdo..... Gej till 2019

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by MadCow1: 10:35am On Aug 03, 2014
Not again..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by earthgreeners(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2014
Ebola Jonathan again

17 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Oh, Mr President.
This is good. But adonbiliv you anymore.
Your govt is promise, promise promise but little result.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by jaggedboi(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Wishes don't make things so......we dey watch
Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by tunmmyunited(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2014
I only read d 1st paragraph......

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram ‘embarrassment’ Will End In Few Months, Says President by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2014
The Best Presido in The entire Africa!!

#GEJTILL2023!!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi / Full Text Of The BBC Documentary About IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.