Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1810945 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Yummie81: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Please confirm
You are invited for an assessment/job briefing scheduled for Mon 27/10/14 by 9:30am @ No 84 Trinity House, Morgan b/stop Mushin-Itire rd, Mushin Lagos. Ref-820
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sevantex(m): 7:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Yummie81:
Please confirm
You are invited for an assessment/job briefing scheduled for Mon 27/10/14 by 9:30am @ No 84 Trinity House, Morgan b/stop Mushin-Itire rd, Mushin Lagos. Ref-820
....GNLD!!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by olawalesam: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2014
I received dis message from Workforce but don't know if its genuine;
With respect to your job app,we invite you for a test/briefing @ 27 Sadatu Str,off Lawal str,Oregun Ind. Est. Ikeja on 28th Oct, 2014 by 9am. 08022800940.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
olawalesam:
I received dis message from Workforce but don't know if its genuine;
With respect to your job app,we invite you for a test/briefing @ 27 Sadatu Str,off Lawal str,Oregun Ind. Est. Ikeja on 28th Oct, 2014 by 9am. 08022800940.

If u live close to Ikeja, go
Otherwise,call d numba
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by luwadmusic(f): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
JOB FAIR/ SEMINAR........

Its Happening tomorrow, Wednesday 29th of October, 2014
Come early....
www.doubleclickjobfair..com

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Freeli: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
2gb @N2500 n more with the Etisalat affiliate https://www.nairaland.com/1840190/endorsing-d-nu-etisalat-android-plans call or whatsapp 09090431565
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chinkichun: 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
You have bn shortlisted for an interview session with Virtual Human Resources on mon 3rd Nov by 9am ¿ no 10 Salamotu Eniola street, Starlink Global House, suit 202, ilasamaja, Lagos. VHRCS/044

What do you guys think about the text above? I received it some hours ago. Does it seem legit or is it the GNLD stuff people always detest?

This my first interview invite... Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by wollycrown: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Pls is this a genuine stuff because I received this message after I sent in my CV. Meanwhile, I was asked to pay #7,500 for the form into an account against Friday.

Dear Applicant,

Your resume request application has been observed and processed,And you have been stated for listing and recruitment,contact the human resource manager Mr.J.O.Adebowale on 08099706716 for form purchase info and interview details.

Be noted that job vacancy is only stated in Abuja,Lagos,PH and applicants from outer state will be asked to relocate to present for job opportunity.Any form of indiscipline is not tolerated as management will not be held responsible for disapproval of application due to inability to change residence to the states listed above an agreement will be signed in your application form when purchased for licensed authority

Signed:management
Nigerian Chevron Oil And Gas Company
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sevantex(m): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
wollycrown:
Pls is this a genuine stuff because I received this message after I sent in my CV. Meanwhile, I was asked to pay #7,500 for the form into an account against Friday.

Dear Applicant,

Your resume request application has been observed and processed,And you have been stated for listing and recruitment,contact the human resource manager Mr.J.O.Adebowale on 08099706716 for form purchase info and interview details.

Be noted that job vacancy is only stated in Abuja,Lagos,PH and applicants from outer state will be asked to relocate to present for job opportunity.Any form of indiscipline is not tolerated as management will not be held responsible for disapproval of application due to inability to change residence to the states listed above an agreement will be signed in your application form when purchased for licensed authority

Signed:management
Nigerian Chevron Oil And Gas Company
...Chevron wuldnt ask u to pay money before recruitin u..,Kindly ignore d scammers

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 7:15am On Nov 04, 2014
Are you unemployed
Do you stay in Lagos
Are you btw 18-35
Are you a SSCE holder
Apply now for retail and hospitality jobs, that's jobs in hotels, restaurants, supermarket etc
All successful applicants will under go a 3wks mandatory training in hospitality and critical thinking. We charge a fee of 10k and 1/3 of your 1st month salary, but those that cant afford it can also apply, and pay after we have gotten them a job!!!! Which are majorly located in victoria island and ikeja with an average salary of 35k for a start.
Please call 09090012275 for more information
A low pay job, is better than sitting at home doing nothing....a word is enough for the wise
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bimbos2007: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
WORK LOCATION: LAGOS
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS ADMIN
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR

JOB SUMMARY

This role is responsible for facilitating the rental of the company's decor, equipment and meeting annual rental income targets. The position is also responsible for the development and administration of client events.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Rentals
Develop/generate new business through proactive outreach to professional organisations,vendors and event companies
Cultivate potential clients, actively solicit new business, and close deals.
Manage the client relationship from first inquiry to post-event follow up
Ensure a timely return of responses to clients and information request by email or phone
Schedule and conduct site visits to determine suitability of equipment and decor requirements.

Event Management/ Event Production
Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of staff,subcontractors and vendors on event
Produce floor plans and equipment layout for events.
Produce staff briefings for on-site staff and security on a timely basis
Schedule and conduct training or refresher to part-time events staff.

Administrative
Manage the annual budget for rentals(creation , re-projection,monthly reconciliations)
Schedule events: manage client invoicing and payment collection
Maintain accurate up to date vendor files
Manage client contact database
Produce Monthly events calendar for internal use
Follow up events with evaluation and appreciation letters
Assist with events logistics, planning, and implementation.

Social Media
Managing the social media marketing Strategy
Execution of social media activities(ie Tweeting, Instagram,sharing,engaging,liking,Increasing social reach etc)
Creating Social media campaigns that drive targets clients to company's website and generate leads.

Qualification and Work Experience Requirement
First degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any related field
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an events, rental/sales environment

Skills and Knowledge Required
Flexible Working hours (will need to work some evenings and weekend to run events)
Proven ability to work independently and to service a varied clientele
Excellent communication skills,written and verbal
Strong negotiation and interpersonal skill
Strong organization and planning skill
Strong sense of ethics,etiquette and tact
Ability to establish manage and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of constitutes
Ability to function effectively as team member and willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals of and objectives of the company
Proficiency use of resources of team to meet and exceed client expectations
Positive attitude, composure, humor, creativity adaptability and approach ability
Good to excellent computer Skills including use of Ms office suite.

SALARY 150,000
Interested applicants should forward their CV to bimbos2007@yahoo.com NOTE Preferably Ladies.
Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2014
as a recruiter for Haspol jinim resources these tips can help u avoid fraudulent recruitment agencies

1. in lagos they are usually located on the mainland, ikeja, opebi, surulere and ojuelegba

2. they usually dont have a landlines and their gsm numbers are new lines like 070, 090, 081 etc not 0802, 0803, 0805 etc genuine people will not need to change their lines often

3. they are usually unwilling to give answers on the questions you ask and are usually aggressive and always in a hurry

4. their office environment is usually shabby and their workers hungry looking. most people around the vicinity usually wont know them or be able to direct you to their office.

5. they charge exorbitantly for registration and will not give satisfactory answer on what the fee covers and its need. from our experience any charge over 500 to 1,500 is fraudulent.

6. you will only see job seekers like you in their office not people who are coming around to say thank you after being placed.

for more info and help contact Haspol

spoiling the business of recruitment scammers is our job!

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
Any one heard of Accent Hills resources at Challenge and another one Blue...something at suit 4 Ibukunoluwa building beside Skye bank Monatan Iwo road both in Ibadan? I was invited for job opportunity interview and test/oral interview respectively by both companies scheduled the same time and date; 10am on November 6 2014. I am skeptical about the invites, please advise, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by onihaxy: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2014
bimbos2007:
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
WORK LOCATION: LAGOS
DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS ADMIN
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR

JOB SUMMARY

This role is responsible for facilitating the rental of the company's decor, equipment and meeting annual rental income targets. The position is also responsible for the development and administration of client events.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Rentals
Develop/generate new business through proactive outreach to professional organisations,vendors and event companies
Cultivate potential clients, actively solicit new business, and close deals.
Manage the client relationship from first inquiry to post-event follow up
Ensure a timely return of responses to clients and information request by email or phone
Schedule and conduct site visits to determine suitability of equipment and decor requirements.

Event Management/ Event Production
Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of staff,subcontractors and vendors on event
Produce floor plans and equipment layout for events.
Produce staff briefings for on-site staff and security on a timely basis
Schedule and conduct training or refresher to part-time events staff.

Administrative
Manage the annual budget for rentals(creation , re-projection,monthly reconciliations)
Schedule events: manage client invoicing and payment collection
Maintain accurate up to date vendor files
Manage client contact database
Produce Monthly events calendar for internal use
Follow up events with evaluation and appreciation letters
Assist with events logistics, planning, and implementation.

Social Media
Managing the social media marketing Strategy
Execution of social media activities(ie Tweeting, Instagram,sharing,engaging,liking,Increasing social reach etc)
Creating Social media campaigns that drive targets clients to company's website and generate leads.

Qualification and Work Experience Requirement
First degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any related field
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an events, rental/sales environment

Skills and Knowledge Required
Flexible Working hours (will need to work some evenings and weekend to run events)
Proven ability to work independently and to service a varied clientele
Excellent communication skills,written and verbal
Strong negotiation and interpersonal skill
Strong organization and planning skill
Strong sense of ethics,etiquette and tact
Ability to establish manage and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of constitutes
Ability to function effectively as team member and willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals of and objectives of the company
Proficiency use of resources of team to meet and exceed client expectations
Positive attitude, composure, humor, creativity adaptability and approach ability
Good to excellent computer Skills including use of Ms office suite.

SALARY 150,000
Interested applicants should forward their CV to bimbos2007@yahoo.com NOTE Preferably Ladies.
Thanks.

A company using yahoo.com domain claiming to pay 150k per month?. GNLD, I hail thee
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by onihaxy: 7:15am On Nov 06, 2014
yIkEsDuDe:
Any one heard of Accent Hills resources at Challenge and another one Blue...something at suit 4 Ibukunoluwa building beside Skye bank Monatan Iwo road both in Ibadan? I was invited for job opportunity interview and test/oral interview respectively by both companies scheduled the same time and date; 10am on November 6 2014. I am skeptical about the invites, please advise, thanks.

GNLD
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2014
onihaxy:

GNLD

U sure?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iapaciolo: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2014
I was sent a test dis morning from M.TRAVEL that MPG resources invites you for a test/briefing, by 9am on friday, 7/11/14 @161 Ikorodu Rd, beside lanre shittu mtrs, onipanu b/stop pls I don't know if it ia a scam or it is real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by danaso: 10:10am On Nov 06, 2014
pls guys I got this message this morning inviting me for the interview, is it genuine MPG Resources invites you for a test/briefing, by 9am on fri, 07/11/14
@161 Ikorodu Rd,beside Lanre shittu mtrs,Onipanu B/stop
REF NO:HR2684MAY
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by henryikechi: 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Please i just got an email from one globaldrill bay oil and gas for a training. though they said i should pay N5000 for an ebook, which d content of d ebook will b wt will b set for an online test. please. did anyone got the mail? and is it real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by krayzieklay(m): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
henryikechi:
Please i just got an email from one globaldrill bay oil and gas for a training. though they said i should pay N5000 for an ebook, which d content of d ebook will b wt will b set for an online test. please. did anyone got the mail? and is it real?
Go get a Nike snickers and active d Usain Bolt mode in you,bruv.... Flee!

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nifadexayomi(m): 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls I need ur help house,I got dis text:We are in receipt of your CV. Please come for a chat by 4pm on Monday November 10, 2014 at Apice Group, Shekinah House, 1, Femi Shobowale Street, Off Adebayo Mokuolu Street, Anthony Village Lagos. Oluwaseyi Ogunde - Apice Group pls guyz help me,is dis a scam or wot?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Akinzo23(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hello house, I got a message inviting me for an interview,dnt knw if its one of dis silly guyz.pls who knw dis address and wat they are into? See below. ADMIN/HR360

"You are shortlisted for a written/oral interview after a CV review 2moro Sat 8/11/14: 10am at Favour Plaza,203 Old Abeokuta Rd, Opp Oando F/Station Agege-Total"
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sevantex(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
Akinzo23:
Hello house, I got a message inviting me for an interview,dnt knw if its one of dis silly guyz.pls who knw dis address and wat they are into? See below. ADMIN/HR360

"You are shortlisted for a written/oral interview after a CV review 2moro Sat 8/11/14: 10am at Favour Plaza,203 Old Abeokuta Rd, Opp Oando F/Station Agege-Total"
GNLD!...Kindly Ignore
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bintudon(f): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pls help me I have been smogo 300k on promise of job and he is not picking is call anymore we are up to 20 person, please help me, if anyone can please
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by onihaxy: 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
yIkEsDuDe:

U sure?

Google "accent hills job scam"
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by datjohn(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2014
I got dis job interview to a big company founded, establishd, and functions only in UK wit a detaild n confirmd website wit a lot of google options to support my search. All addresses n fone numbers reads UK.
No money was askd frm me rather, dey promised to cover for my VISA n my work permit.
My doubt is, why come to Nigeria for recruitment? Cud dis b real?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.