Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1813744 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by upload111: 11:49pm On May 10, 2016
kabanayol9:
Based on referral you are invited for job interview tmr, Tues 10th by 8am @no5 Abdul salam str, 1st gate, Akala way, Akobo, Ib. old Trinity sch building, Ref A1
Please guyz is this for real? I suspect Gnld scam.

its scam bro
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dassylegend(f): 3:54am On May 11, 2016
holarjidex:

I got a text yesterday claiming I have been shortlisted for a fo an assessment..the name of the company is BG-MGT..I cald d nos included in the text they daid they are better gold mgt...please how genuine is dis...any one with useful info should pls help out...d text msg goes thus: Hi u av bin shortlisted fotlr and assessment/text on fri/29/04/16 at 161 herbert macauly way, by zenith bank adekunle b/s, yaba lagos. By 9am. 405/08157752554.
Hello, got this same invite for this morning. How was it like? Did u go n is it gnld?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by upload111: 12:35pm On May 11, 2016
dassylegend:

Hello, got this same invite for this morning. How was it like? Did u go n is it gnld?

It's scam.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kabanayol9(m): 3:31pm On May 11, 2016
upload111:

It's scam.
Yes it is bro, Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kazmaz(m): 3:34pm On May 11, 2016
upload111:

scam bro

Thanks bro....I have confirmed it. I later checked the address on Google. it is GNLD
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Debbiesimi: 5:06pm On May 11, 2016
all this companies ehn..... ve also been a victim before am looking for IT placement so I got a txt from them Omo I was happy aff that finally a job have come... the interview was on Monday... on Sunday night have brought out my best shirt N a nice skirt to match. on Monday morning I woke up quite early the D day iyaff come when I got there I met a mopol at the door checked the message N told me register my name and the HR number in a book N he told me the interview is at 2:pm I checked my time 10am desperate me I am surely waiting in my mind I was like maybe it's patience test... I was led to a room.... saw like 40 pple there.... wanting job too #no shaking am equal to the task # I forgot to add been fasting since Sunday too lol... they started callin us in one by one submitting of cv N asking wah we want job... and salary in my mind I was already dancing after all the interview ....and wasting our precious time... a man came and started pouring out his story N aw the company helped him n working 3 times a week... at the end of everything we asked to pay 3k for registration form... the last money on me was 300naira that will take me bck home I pity those that payed I was so vexed n carried my bag N left.... the company name is brimstone Golden concept.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by moyogee: 5:33pm On May 11, 2016
Here's all you need to know about Fake scammers regarding Job Interviews.. I've been a victim of this for years until one day i came across this link a friend sent to me http:///1TQzKDp Ever since i watched it, that became the end of my misery. You'll do yourself a massive favour by viewing this.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by allenvj: 9:53am On May 12, 2016
Pls I got this msg, its reads Prior to ur application and cv review AC RNG invites u 4 an urgent aptitute test and work brief by 9 am 16 may 2016. details in ur mail. @ 95 fadeyi busstp fadeyi rd lagos.
Please has any other person got this kind of msg, I want to know if they are scammers I dont have money to waste going to lagos to and fro.
Thanks in anticipation.
Details of the same msg was also sent to my email address.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by allenvj: 10:02am On May 12, 2016
Please i got this email i dont know if its genuine please confirm for me. Thanks in anticipation

Dear Applicant,

As a result of your application for the available job, we would like to invite you to attend an interview on 16 MAY BY 9 A.M at our office Ambassador Care Resource Fadeyi, Lagos.

No 95, along ikorodu express road, Fadeyi bus-stop, fadeyi, Lagos.

Fadeyi is close to yaba / ojuelegba area of Lagos state, Nigeria.

You will write an aptitude test which will last for about 15minutes.

Then you will have an interview with the department manager. The interview will last about 45 minutes before the selection process begin which will last for about 1-3 hours. Please bring two passports, this invitation message for reference purpose and also the sms you will receive from job brief, as well as a copy of your driver's license or any valid id card to the interview.

Be punctual.

Prior to the interview we will be contacting your references
as given on your application form. If you have stated that you do not wish us to contact your current employer, this reference will not be taken up unless you are successful in the  interview.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please contact us by writing back to this email address jobspalacalagos@gmail.com in order to arrange another appointment.

We look forward to seeing you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Rohjay90: 8:50pm On May 12, 2016
kabanayol9:
Based on referral you are invited for job interview tmr, Tues 10th by 8am @no5 Abdul salam str, 1st gate, Akala way, Akobo, Ib. old Trinity sch building, Ref A1
Please guyz is this for real? I suspect Gnld scam.
I got this message too. Did u go? I know say dem be gnld.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kabanayol9(m): 5:52am On May 14, 2016
Rohjay90:
I got this message too. Did u go? I know say dem be gnld.
Nah, it's all these Gilded international resources, Gnld stuff.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by richymoney: 12:19pm On May 14, 2016
Good morning, I am writing you concerning my interview with spectrum books limited ibadan, please I need your assistance.... Can you guys
tell me more of there sales representative.. How they are treated

quote author=TRADELYN post=25200142]

Trust me, many Big companies still hide their name.

Most of them use recruitment agencies/HR professionals/consulting firms to carry out the process on their behalf.[/quote]
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Appliedmaths(m): 1:40pm On May 14, 2016
allenvj:
Pls I got this msg, its reads Prior to ur application and cv review AC RNG invites u 4 an urgent aptitute test and work brief by 9 am 16 may 2016. details in ur mail. @ 95 fadeyi busstp fadeyi rd lagos.
Please has any other person got this kind of msg, I want to know if they are scammers I dont have money to waste going to lagos to and fro.
Thanks in anticipation.

Bro, I just got the same message. What's up with the address are they for real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by upload111: 8:10pm On May 14, 2016
allenvj:
Thanks in anticipation.

don't bother, its scams
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by upload111: 8:14pm On May 14, 2016
allenvj:

Please i got this email i dont know if its genuine please confirm for me. Thanks in anticipation

Dear Applicant,

As a result of your application for the available job, we would like to invite you to attend an interview on 16 MAY BY 9 A.M at our office Ambassador Care Resource Fadeyi, Lagos.

No 95, along ikorodu express road, Fadeyi bus-stop, fadeyi, Lagos.

Fadeyi is close to yaba / ojuelegba area of Lagos state, Nigeria.

You will write an aptitude test which will last for about 15minutes.

Then you will have an interview with the department manager. The interview will last about 45 minutes before the selection process begin which will last for about 1-3 hours. Please bring two passports, this invitation message for reference purpose and also the sms you will receive from job brief, as well as a copy of your driver's license or any valid id card to the interview.

Be punctual.

Prior to the interview we will be contacting your references
as given on your application form. If you have stated that you do not wish us to contact your current employer, this reference will not be taken up unless you are successful in the  interview.

If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please contact us by writing back to this email address jobspalacalagos@gmail.com in order to arrange another appointment.

We look forward to seeing you.

they are probably a recruitment agency that just need your details n will want to collect some so-called registration fee .. (person wey never get job, dem go wan still collect money for d person hand).. mtchewww

In one word... "scam"

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Omeggie1(f): 8:41pm On May 15, 2016
Your CV is ACCEPTED, you are invited for an INTERVIEW on mon 16/05/16 by 9am@16 ondo str ebute metta west by moshalashi b/stop, costain onyingbo lagos. BOS/U5DD

please is this a scam.
I got this as a reply from the email i sent my cv to for job application
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dotman201: 1:41am On May 16, 2016

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by caxi(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2016
Omeggie1:
Your CV is ACCEPTED, you are invited for an INTERVIEW on mon 16/05/16 by 9am@16 ondo str ebute metta west by moshalashi b/stop, costain onyingbo lagos. BOS/U5DD

please is this a scam.
I got this as a reply from the email i sent my cv to for job application
they scams if you have ever filled an online job search site like jobberman,jobnaij,career24,etc... You will be a victim of such text.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iamhorlolah: 1:34pm On May 17, 2016
hello everyone,

please who have any idea about this company called SOMTEX GLOBAL
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Omeggie1(f): 4:30pm On May 17, 2016
caxi:
they scams if you have ever filled an online job search site like jobberman,jobnaij,career24,etc... You will be a victim of such text.

ok
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by haat: 7:11pm On May 17, 2016
Hi everyone i got this msg from Lead hr.58 " you are hereby invited for an assessment on 18/5/2016 by 10;am at no 1 Olabisi close, Mende Maryland B/Stop,( Lagos residents only).dunno if anybody has receive any similar msg before i go waste money go. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by obinnaedubureau: 11:16am On May 18, 2016
HI,
Have you got excellent results at SSCE and at First Degree level? You may qualify for a 100% scholarship to study for a masters degree in the UK which is available only for a short while. If you wish to know how to apply for it contact me here or call me 09097978409 for further details. This is available to both HND holders and BSc/BA/BEd degree holders!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Whorlley(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2016
obinnaedubureau:
HI,
Have you got excellent results at SSCE and at First Degree level? You may qualify for a 100% scholarship to study for a masters degree in the UK which is available only for a short while. If you wish to know how to apply for it contact me here or call me 09097978409 for further details. This is available to both HND holders and BSc/BA/BEd degree holders!
MSc holder nko?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by xcamarie(f): 6:07pm On May 19, 2016
Get a good job here and a chance to win
•••• •••• ••••
https:///zjrMg2
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by noblesparkle: 6:36pm On May 20, 2016
I got this text now

"Based on your application you have been invited for an INTERVIEW @ WHR LTD 82, Adeniyi Jones Avenue by koko B/Stop Ikeja, Lagos by 9AM on Saturday 21/05/16. BT/14TK"

Are they scammers? Cos I googled the company and ididnt get any tangible info.

The text title read WH RESOURCES
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omotolalina: 11:10pm On May 20, 2016
I got a message for an interview invite at Beta
Bridges,opebi.pls anbody who has an idea about d company and is it real pls?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by richardoz(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2016
upload111:

its scam bro
Yes that one is a scam. I received it on wednesday 11th telling me to come for interview (same venue and location) on thursday! Thank God I did not waste my time when I got home my brother showed me the same text they sent to him whereas he did not apply for any job!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tall2ce(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2016
who got invite as unit manager from pro-endoz, saw it yesterday.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by scampy(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2016
Guys, is this company legit? Caranda mgt services limited. They sent an invite message to me yesterday.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by doxarised(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2016
Your CV Profile impress us,you are invited for work briefing on THUR 26/5/16 by 9AM at 16 Ondo Str,Mashalasi B/Stop,along oyingbo,Apapa Rd,Costain,Lagos.OGNC 081-8165-3736

Guys please i got this message yesterday, called them and they said the interview runs till Saturday.
Pls is it for real.... Someone please help

Your CV Profile impress us,you are invited for work briefing on THUR 26/5/16 by 9AM at 16 Ondo Str,Mashalasi B/Stop,along oyingbo,Apapa Rd,Costain,Lagos.OGNC 081-8165-3736

Guys please i got this message yesterday, called them and they said the interview runs till Saturday.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by scampy(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2016
doxarised:

Run a check online about the name of the company and what they are into.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.