Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1860633 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by shegzy31(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Pls did anybody knw abt brimstone management
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Usminous: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
I just got this mail nw... Pls who knows them are they scam or for real? Prior to a close look and a review at your CV/application,
AC Resource Nigeria hereby consider/shortlist you for a job brief.
Written and Oral interview session
On Wednesday 6th April 2016 by 9am prompt
The interview will start By 9:00am and end around 1:20pm respectively
and a
couple of minutes training follows immediately if you are
qualified/selected.
At No_95 fadeyi bus-stop, Ikorodu express road, fadeyi, before
onipanu/jibowu,
Lagos State, Nigeria.
Note you are to come with the following items.
This invite message. (hard/soft copy) as a backup and the sms you
will
receive from Jobs Planet.
Your credentials (hard/soft copy).
Don't be 5minutes later than 9:00am.
Be punctual
Be guided accordingly.
Regards
Jobs Planet Nigeria
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ceco4all: 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
I have gotten so many of their scam massages but I have always ignored it..... the major reason why most graduates fall prey in their hands is desperation , most graduates are desperate to get a job and hasty climber has a sudden fall!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by edikes: 10:18am On Apr 08, 2016
There is this new site for Job vacancies and unadvertised positions. VISIT http://www.yblnigeria.com/job-market/ and help yourself with any job you desire.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Knetpro(m): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2016
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business...

@OP, thanks for creating this great post to sensitize NLs about the activities of this bogus companies.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jerrytones2000: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
JOB RECRUITMENT!!!
Washington Design College is recruiting for the fohllowing job positions.
Architect (Graduate entry level) : must possess at least BSc in architecture or equivalent. Must be good in AutoCAD and archiCAD, must have good communication skills, must be goal oriented.
Graphics Designer: must possess at least a diploma certification in graphics design, must be creative and have good communication skills.
Secretary : must have at least a national diploma certification, awaiting Corp member or presently a Corp member, must have good communication skills.
All potential candidates must be Residents of Lagos.
Interested candidate should forward their cv to washingtondc2016@outlook.com and indicate post being applied for as the email subject. Please rebroadcast for your loved ones in search of job
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by obinna002: 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
GNLD
Usminous:
I just got this mail nw... Pls who knows them are they scam or for real? Prior to a close look and a review at your CV/application,
AC Resource Nigeria hereby consider/shortlist you for a job brief.
Written and Oral interview session
On Wednesday 6th April 2016 by 9am prompt
The interview will start By 9:00am and end around 1:20pm respectively
and a
couple of minutes training follows immediately if you are
qualified/selected.
At No_95 fadeyi bus-stop, Ikorodu express road, fadeyi, before
onipanu/jibowu,
Lagos State, Nigeria.
Note you are to come with the following items.
This invite message. (hard/soft copy) as a backup and the sms you
will
receive from Jobs Planet.
Your credentials (hard/soft copy).
Don't be 5minutes later than 9:00am.
Be punctual
Be guided accordingly.
Regards
Jobs Planet Nigeria
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by obymeek: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2016
Please my fellow nairalander, I need ur urgent help regarding the authenticity of this interview invitation I received this morning. I want to know if it's real, really don't want to be scammed...
Sequel to ur application u're invited 4 a job interview by 9am with ACR NIG LTD @ No 98 Ikorodu Express Rd Fadeyi Bstp Lagos ON 11/04/16.
HR: 08185262563
Ur help is higly needed. Thank u.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kemmyblack(f): 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
Pls house, Richlife Commercial Logistics Ltd. Located at Egbeda Lagos , invite me for interview . Are they real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omaraji: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
...with the use of softwares like SPSS, Eviews,PcGive, STATA,Matlab,SQL, VBA and Microsoft Excel forecasting, Business, Social Research & Fixed income Analytic, we equip you with the right skills to break good.

SPSS Training Session
Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Date: April 16/17, 2016
Venue: Terra Kulture,Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Fee: On-request
Add-ons: Stata 11.1SE and Eviews 8.0 software free plus video tutorials.

Note: Those interested in any other tool should indicate for a different session.

Kingsley
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by holushola4u(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
froshniccur:

pls did u later find dis invite 2 b genuine?.. cos I jst got same invite now...pls reply asap...thnks
They are GNLD, so many comments about them
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Help!!! got one this morning in my mail box and sms too from stephinie consult;

Sequel to your application for the post of a medical rep in our advert on jobberman, you are hereby invited for an interview.

Venue: 60A, Ajose Street, by Berliet Bus stop, Ilasamaja,Off Apapa-Oshodi Exp. Way Lagos.

Time: 9am

Date:Tues. 19th April, 2016.

For inquiries, call 08140209352 or 08028910084.

Sms

Sequel to your application for the post of a medical rep in our advert on jobberman, you are hereby invited for an interview. Venue:60A,Ajose street by berliet b/stop,Ilasamaja off A papa Oshodi exp. Way Lagos. Date: 19/04/2016. Time:9am. For inquiries, call 08140209352,08028910084
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Originality007: 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
Guys abeg i need you help, I gat a message yesterday that goes like this "BSGM LTD selects you for an Assessment with our HRM on Tue 12/04/16 by 9am at 4 Alh. Karrem Str, Amaraolu by 1st Gate Agidingbi, Ikeja....... pls is this real or just a scam, or did anyone here also gat the message..thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omoflourish(f): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2016
vacancy! vacancy!! vacancy!!!

A Live-in nanny is urgently needed in a home in Lekki.
She must know how to clean
Must know how to take care of kids
Must be able to work in a team
Must be between the ages of 18 - 30 years
Ability to communicate in English is a must.

Qualification: SSCE
If interested, send Name, Age and State of Origin through whatsapp to this number : 08130849732
Deadline is Sunday the 17th of April, 2016.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ecollar(m): 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello Guys,

My name is Oladimeji Ajayi and i am the Managing Partner at E.Collar consulting, an indigenous consulting firm located in Lagos that provides recruitment, training, outsourcing and consultancy services to several companies across all sectors of the Nigerian economy.

I have followed with interest the recent comments on the topic "How to spot a fake recruiter/recruitment" and i noticed a few misconceptions, i have since decided to help provide more light on this topic and clear what i perceive in my opinion to be misconceptions.

Firstly, the notion that all texts received with a customized sender name is a scam is FALSE. Most companies would use all means available to them to communicate to candidates, eSMS is one of such means. It is fast, accurate and direct, candidates get it almost immediately regardless of internet data or not. Most recruiters that use eSMS would leave a number that candidates can call for inquiries, it is the prerogative of the job seeker to can this number and try to ascertain the authenticity of the invite.

Next, is the notion that real employers do not send sms, FALSE. Employers and recruiters do send sms, along with emails, linked-in request, social media and telephone calls. like i said earlier, employers would use any medium possible to reach out[color=#006600]
to job seekers/applicants.

Having said this, i would like to use this medium to inform all job seekers to follow this page closely as i would begin to post various vacancies available to E.Collar. Thank you.[/color]
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iweadebash(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
Does anyone received this? Please can you confirm if it worth given it a try.
Dear Candidate this SMS serves as an invite for the position of a Transaction Executive, Kindly IGNORE if you've been invited or currently employed by U-CONNECT. Interview holds on Monday 18th April 2016 by 9am @ U-Connect Human Resources Ltd, 5 Ogbuike Street, off admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos. Kindly come with a copy of your CV, Credentials and a passport photograph. Dress code is Corporate.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by algfred(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello house. Please is Southern Cloud Logistics company real or fake. Dem send me text for 9am interview tomorrow and location is Mende maryland.. Pls help
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by theimmortals(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

You have been invited for an interview at no 2 efon alaye str off akinsanya ojodu berger lagos on Friday 9am at LATALATA NG

Please help me out I just received this evening and I don't know what to do
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by theimmortals(m): 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
You have been invited for an interview at no 2 efon alaye str off akinsanya ojodu berger lagos on Friday 9am at LATALATA NG

I just received this today, honestly I don't know what to do
You guys should help me out

Is this a scam?

Dose any body know anything about the company and their address?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Laredojohn(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Shemmyglo:
Please I just got this message and I dont know if they are genuine or not.

You have been slated for an interview in beedrops company on the 13/04/15 by 10am at No. 10 Ibukun olu street akoka Lagos
Hello pls are they scams??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by theimmortals(m): 9:23am On Apr 20, 2016
LaurelP:

You're right
But no genuine company will hide its identity from you no matter how backward in technology they are
Believe me, if I see a genuine invite, I will know no matter d obsolete means used

Please help me check this out. Its very urgent cause am about to by my ticket lagos

You have been invited for an interview at no 2 efon alaye str off akinsanya ojodu berger lagos on Friday 9am at LATALATA.NG. Please come with a copy of your C.V
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2016
theimmortals:

Please help me check this out. Its very urgent cause am about to by my ticket lagos

You have been invited for an interview at no 2 efon alaye str off akinsanya ojodu berger lagos on Friday 9am at LATALATA.NG. Please come with a copy of your C.V

https://www.latalata.ng/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5144069246

Its an online shop.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shemmyglo(f): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Laredojohn:

Hello pls are they scams??

I didn't attend the interview.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Laredojohn(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
Shemmyglo:

I didn't attend the interview.
thanks....
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by theimmortals(m): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
LaurelP:

Its an online shop.

So is the interview legit? Should I go for it? Please I really need your advice.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by theimmortals(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
LaurelP:

Its an online shop.

So is the interview legit? Should I go for it? Please I really need your advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (270) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012