Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1811256 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by princeakinola1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
with the way the message look like, they are not real,imaging they invite you for interview without company name,no they are fake.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by princeakinola1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
Zis group is not real ooo ,they are the company with different names and same address for different interview
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mfaith(f): 4:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by whalesbanks(m): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
You are invited for a RECRUITMENT EXCERCISE with M.A LOGISTICS tomorrow Friday, 25/3/16 9.am at 82, Adeniyi Jones by koko B-stop, Ikeja. DIA/M61

Have anyone heard of them before
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by oluwatansho(m): 2:26am On Mar 25, 2016
Guys i just received this mail , can someone confirm the authenticity of this mail.

Congratulations ! We are impressed by your education qualification and we are confident of your potential to be beneficial for Shell Houston, USA. It is our pleasure to invite you to attend 2 years International Graduate Training Program, Shell USA.

Take the following steps now, If you accept the offer.

1. Login to shell website with the details below to create your new application account. If you created account in the past, just change the password

Print attached  PDF copy of Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form).

3. Fill the employee section of the I-9 form and send saved or scanned copy of the I-9 form with scan copy of your degree certificate through this email. Then we will ask you to register for WES verification later ( Each applicants will pay the WES verification fee)  http://www.wes.org/employers/

4. We have limited space for numerous qualified graduates, so accept our offer that you will attend the training this Summer/Fall 2016, so that we can start your H-3 VISA processing immediately.

Shell we process International Passport for all applicants through our local shell office in Nigeria. So you don’t need to bother yourself, if you don’t have one. Those that have international passport can send scanned data page of their international passport.

HR Office
Shell Houston, Texas  
1000 Main,  12th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by osquare001(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
Infact i realy appreciate the poster of this write-up. i have attended series of fake interviews like that, i can even describe the place if anybody cares to know, the so called frauster wasted my precious time for good 4days before they finally came out with their true colours, asking me and the rest to pay the sum of 13,500 for training fee of job i have not yet secured.. Nigerians na wa oo... the venue that those people rented an apartment is situated at Dugbe, Sijuade building.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iavGod: 9:36am On Mar 28, 2016
good morning pls has anyone come in contact with asset plus company at ikorodu along mini sea port. pls I need urgent reply. av searched but I keep seeing the details of their headquarters in Houston. tnx in adv
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aspirer01: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hi, On behalf of our client *HEINZ* You have been invited for a chat for the role of a Nutritionist through *Greencorn Marketing communications*. Address: *2, Adenubi close, behind St.Leo Catholic church off Toyin st,Ikeja* Date: *Tuesday 29th 2016*. Time: *11.00am prompt*
Please does anybody know about this company
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aspirer01: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hi,
On behest of our client *HEINZ* You have been invited for a
chat for the
role of a Nutritionist through *Greencorn Marketing
communications*.
Address: *2, Adenubi close, behind St.Leo Catholic church off
Toyin
st,Ikeja*
Date: *Tuesday 29th 2016*.
Time: *11.00am prompt*

I google the company name and Description, no result, though i saw the advert on this forum
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by holushola4u(m): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pls is this company real?

BASE ON REFERRAL U ARE INVITED FOR JOB TEST/CHART @ MPGLOBAL 161 IKORODU ROAD BESIDE LEARE SHITU MOTORS ONIPANU B/STOP LAG TUE 29/3/16 BY 9AM 080-2248-5638
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aadeyemiolufemi(m): 6:26am On Mar 29, 2016
house pls, i received this message without a company name. "hi,sequel to ur details, u av been selected for an interview on tuesday 29/3/2016 by 9:00am @ 3rd floor sijuwola house (wema bank building) dugbe ibadan. pc2.

pls is it advisable for me to abandon so many things at hand and for this interview?

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by donald1010(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Plz can some give me more Info's abt this folks...

You are invited for a Test/Interview 0n WED 30/3/16 by 1030am @ 84 Trinity House,Adidde supermarket Morgan Bus/stop Pako Itire Road Mushin Lagos. 081-4695-9459.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by donald1010(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Plz can someone give me more Info's abt this folks...

You are invited for a Test/Interview 0n WED 30/3/16 by 1030am @ 84 Trinity House,Adidde supermarket Morgan Bus/stop Pako Itire Road Mushin Lagos. 081-4695-9459.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
donald1010:

Plz can some give me more Info's abt this folks...

G-N-L-DEE
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Delov2: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
Pls some should help me with more information about this message....Thanks

YOU ARE BEING INVITED 4 AN INTERVIEW @ ADMIN BLOCK OF PRIMEWATERVIEW ESTATE, OFF ITEDO RD, IKATE, LEKKI, LAGOS ON............... BY 10AM. THANKS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hylyne(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2016
Most of these interview invites are scams, Google these name before wasting ur tfare to the venue. Again see the below tips for scam interview invites...

Note the following :
1.Their invites are usually sent late in the evening or at night.

2. Their sms usually carry codes, either as the subject of the sms,
or
at the end of the sms.

3. Most of them, start their sms thus... Based on referel ur are
hereby invited for CHAT... Note it is always a CHAT .

4. Sometimes, they add a contact no. That is the contact person
who would mentor u, should u agree with their antics.

5.if you call the no for inquiry, you would hear... We are into
human resources and career development... Etc

6. At the interview venue, they are so particular about ur 1, ur
contact details 2, the code on ur invite.

7.At the venue, The attendants hardly talk to invitees on any
ISSUES... Dodging dodging THINGS...

8. It's also a crime to chat with someone in that their hall,
decorated with white plastic chairs.
BEWARE... HOPE I CAN ASSIST MORE....
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pweetyvee(f): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Your Job application is approved, you will be interviewed on Thur 31/3/16 by 9AM at 16 Ondo Str, behind Keystone Bank,along Oyingbo,Apapa Rd,Costain,Lagos . ADTID,
I have browsed ADTID and nothing showed up. Can someone help?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pweetyvee(f): 10:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
With regards to your job application,your interview is tomorrow,Thurs 31/3/16 (9am) @16 Ondo str,Moshalashi b/stop,Apapa Rd,Costain Lagos. 081-2957-5092
BOS/E
Another one too, somebody please help o
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by emperorchedda(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Francon:
I remember just after my service year... i was desperately in need for any kind of job irrespective of the location or salary range. In fact anything that will keep me away from home.... I saw one poster in my area stating various dept and salary range. i called the number and i was asked to come to their office which i did. i was given diff forms to fill and was asked to submit with an i.d card, guarantor's address&phone number and a sum of N2000. Thank God i forged the guarantor's form cos my cousin told me that no company will ask for guarantor's form when they haven't given you an OFFER LETTER.... Up till date i still dey wait to hear from those people.

The second one i encountered was: my brother came across some people distributing fliers for a cosmetic shop in need of staff.... so he forwarded their number and address to me and asked me to follow up. So i got in contact with them and asked how i could locate their office... They gave me a direction and told me when i get to somewhere in Ikeja. i should call them that a staff will come and pick me up.. when i told my oldest bro, he said it was a scam dat i shouldnt go anywhere.. i got angry i felt he loved the way i stayed in d house. To cut the story short, he called those people and d gave a wrong info too.

The third one was a message i got saying i should come for an interview at oshodi for the position of customer service. I felt it was one of those jobs i applied for. when i called the number they provided, i was asked to come on sunday so i told them i was a christian and im a worker in my church so the man told me to join the batch c writing on monday which i accepted. at first i was told the location was at OBALENDE around 8am. Immediately after my morning prayers with my family, i dressed in my suit and was heading towards the location. when i got there, i called the man to asked for the location of their company and he said it was too early to call him. I waited till 7:30am and when he finally picked, he said i should enter a bus going to Oshodi dat i shud stop at charly boy's bus stop. So i did as he said. when i got there. i had to wait in someone's shop. so i started calling the number again and the guy told me obalende. i called with a different number and he said oshodi, i called with another number again and he said a diff location. After sometime, he told me that their staff bus will come and pick me and other candidates there. Finally, a number called me asking where i was and i told him. I noticed one gal sitting with me was also invited and we started talking. she told me she has worked with them before that they pay well..... She told me d office wasnt far that it was trek-able. I said OK. he started walking towards there. On getting to UAC office junction, i saw over a thousand people there waiting. D gal i was with made a call and within seconds, a young guy came to us and took us to d place... on our way i asked him the name of the company and he said why didnt i confirm from the people dat sent him. He wasnt well dressed dat monday morning. I asked him if it was GNLD and he said NO cos i over heard people saying dat at d junction. We passed the GNLD building. I didnt knw the guy was using d back gate. I finally saw a man dat greeted me, offered me a seat under the tree and started telling me abt his life's history and how he got in contact with them. He said his life has changed after networking and marketing with GNLD. he told me he has a house, car and all d good things of life. He was stilll talking when i got up and left. I got to the gate and met that young gal that brought me. She approached me and asked if i was interested? I told her i have an interview to attend by 2pm and she said if she can follow me dat she's also looking for looking for a good job. i started cursing her, d security men and all the staff of GNLD for wasting my time, energy and money. angry sad lipsrsealed undecided shocked
Have you finally gotten a job?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by SimpleSmile: 1:33am On Apr 03, 2016
Good day nairaland family & guests, please I need a job in Abuja asap. Anyone with useful information on where or how to get it will be highly appreciated.
ABOUT ME?: I am an attractive and charming young man (31yrs) with a dark complexion on an average height. In addition, I possess a B.Sc degree (2nd Class) in the social sciences from one of the prestigious universities in Nigeria.
What sets me apart from the crowd is my passion for excellence fuelled by personal principles of integrity, honesty and hardwork with a friendly smile...I have experience in teaching, administration, driving & HR aside others.
Kindly mail me for an opening at: smilesfor2016@gmail.com.
Thank you very much.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by cokhale(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
what do u abt A C Resource Agency Send Me Invitation Of Interview
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by froshniccur: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
holushola4u:
Pls is this company real?

BASE ON REFERRAL U ARE INVITED FOR JOB TEST/CHART @ MPGLOBAL 161 IKORODU ROAD
BESIDE LEARE SHITU MOTORS ONIPANU B/STOP LAG TUE 29/3/16 BY 9AM 080-2248-5638

pls did u later find dis invite 2 b genuine?..
cos I jst got same invite now...pls reply asap...thnks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by moscobabs(m): 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
pweetyvee:
With regards to your job application,your interview is tomorrow,Thurs 31/3/16 (9am) @16 Ondo str,Moshalashi b/stop,Apapa Rd,Costain Lagos. 081-2957-5092
BOS/E
Another one too, somebody please help o
I received this same invitation today that in should come for interview tomorrow.

is the. company real ?
thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Euy16: 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
whalesbanks:
You are invited for a RECRUITMENT EXCERCISE with M.A LOGISTICS tomorrow Friday, 25/3/16 9.am at 82, Adeniyi Jones by koko B-stop, Ikeja. DIA/M61

Have anyone heard of them before
Were u able to attend the interview? I got an invite from them for Wednesday 6/03. Pls respond.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Francon(f): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
emperorchedda:
Have you finally gotten a job?

Yes I have. Though planning on getting something better cos I have more than three years experience in this field and need to try something else. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80