Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (51188 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
speckless: May NMA not call off this strike anytime soon. Am really scared!!
A government that gives no form of protection to its healthcare workers,
no post exposure prophylaxis to HIV, having to pay for hepatitis B and
yellow fever vaccine in the same hospital where u work and get exposed
to these hazard, no life or professional indemnity insurance despite all
these. Hazard allowance of 5000naira across board!! May ThUNDER
strike you if you criticize me!!! AMEN.

No one will criticise you Doc.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
It means your private hairs grew like porcupine's spikes grin.

Kai! I was just imagining what the surgeon was saying in his mind....
''Nna eh! This woman can't afford bic shaving stick?'' lipsrsealed

Lol, thanks for making me laugh in spite of this deadly epidemic that has hit Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by pendusky(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: I heard it as breaking news on Channels TV.

Wahala dey o! embarassed

no wahala. how u dey
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by topwiz(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
HawtMummie:

More like Zombie Apocalypse.....sorry guys. let's be watchful.
Høpë u don't stay in LaG? I won't like tø see u infected dearie.
tank God care of u.
its åll my før himself
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by willorie(f): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: I heard it as breaking news on Channels TV.

Wahala dey o! embarassed

Earnestly wahala dey
& the worst is dat it's explicable
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
caseless: *removes shirt , trouser with boxer left on, and runs to street to dance in jubilation * welcome back , bro! Do stay away frm odilafta pls; to avoid me askind d admin to ban u again.
So you were rif-raffing my babe when I was away? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
I think it is high time The Government create serious awareness for this Ebola not all this snippet of info causing panic flying around the social media. Anything apart from that will cause great unnecessary panic across the whole country and increasing the spread of the diseases .
For people saying the doctor might have infected his whole household ,I don't think he can be infectious at incubation period, the important thing is it was detected earlier and I hope he makes
Trust NAija , if he survives, expect crowd at the hospitals asking to be tested cos they drank sat close to a person that looks like he might have Ebola fever. they will want to know too early in order to increase their chances of survival

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by nifton(m): 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: ok you win!
I like u for this,dats maturity in d making.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
tochimas: I think it is high time The Government create serious awareness for this Ebola not all this snippet of info causing panic flying around the social media. Anything apart from that will cause great unnecessary panic across the whole country and increasing the spread of the diseases .

Nigerian politicians don't care about those they are in charge of ooo. If the project isn't going to make their pockets significantly fatter then they won't do it.

Worst part is that they can easily use their underground connections to escape from Nigeria while those that get infected due to shabby healthcare are left to die there.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by dady12: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
smartchoice: What? Where pesin go pack go?
sambaser forest
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by kobikwelu(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
hmmm...what are the odds?

of all places for an infected person to land, it is Africa's most populated country....

I suspect a conspiracy .....
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Eldavido1: 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Should the passenger's also ask to be paid? Due to travelling hazards? Should the hostesses and other workers at the airport ask to be paid too due to occupational hazards. Can the nurses ask to be paid more too? Doctors are not the only ones dealing with risks here. They are even better equipped to protect themselves unlike the others. I. E air hostesses and school teachers.

How idi0tic can one reason? nurses are paid # 30000 as hazard allowance while doctors receive #5,000 and ure here talking crab. Someone is exposed daily to the risk of HIV, hepatitis, various infections and now Ebola and dis fool is comparing it with ordinary passengers and air hostess. May thunder strike NMA if they call off dis strike witout our demand being met.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Adenugay(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
How will he not be infected ...

OMG: Actress Tonto Dikeh Risking Her Life With Ebola Virus

The deadly Ebola is now in Nigeria and it it easily spread through animals. So, many people are wondering why Tonto Dikeh is romancing animals too loosely these days, including a monkey.
Check out HER shocking photos here >>> http://www..com/actress-tonto-dikeh-risking-life-ebola-virus/
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by PrincessEni(f): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
The hospital is first Consultants in obalende,lagos,it has been sealed up now,sad for the doctor and family

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

How idi0tic can one reason? nurses are paid # 30000 as hazard allowance while doctors receive #5,000 and ure here talking crab. Someone is exposed daily to the risk of HIV, hepatitis, various infections and now Ebola and dis fool is comparing it with ordinary passengers and air hostess. May thunder strike NMA if they call off dis strike witout our demand being met.

Chei, gone are the days. I am a new person now.
For your mind, between doctors and nurses, who handles a sick patient more?
Like I always do, I will direct you back to my very first post.
You are a doctor? I pity your patients Sha. You mean, quick to insult and curse. You do not hold monopoly to foul mouth you know?
I go just jump you pass.

Passengers are ordinary? Air hostess are ordinary? But if soldier calls you ordinary cos he risks his life in battle field you will cry from now to 2096 abi?
Everybody is important in his field. Every life is life. House boy o, teacher o, cleaner o, doctor o, non is ordinary.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by shurlermoz(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
oduastates: Sawyer collect am from Liberia ,
Sawyer. Give doctor
Doctor carry go house give wifey and pikin
Pikin carry go school give pupils and teachers
Wifey carry am go market dash fish seller .

You get the drift
Ebola is live and kicking
Live and direct from Nigeria .
Only science and the body of knowledge of ifa can save you.

Erinle - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods

I can bet my life that the cure of this laboratory concocted virus can be found in one of the igbo olodumare ( God's forest)in the SW.
It is times like this ,that you realise the superiority of iFA to those baroof religions.
While ifa seeks to guide the people to find practical solutions to their problems ,through scientific experimentation via trial and error,the two baroof religions have the same solution to every problem .Prayer.IFA uses prayers to send off folks on the way to finding solutions.
While they are praying ,ifa practitioners are in the forest collecting herbs to concoct and try.
While you are waiting for Europeans to come and save them ,ifa practitioner are already looking for answers and cross checking their historical body of knowledge ,gathered over millennia

Your jesus and Mohammed will be shown for what they are ,
Foreign inanimate idols .
Hold your breathe people.

Lastly this quote from Desmond tutu perfectly describes the African

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Despite saying it ,he Still wears a cross .when even though he knows the facts ,he still cannot help himself.
Then you know that the future of the present is not bright at all .

Mr. IfaKOYA, where was your Gods when oyinbo man was selling everybody including ifa priests into slavery, Oyinbo man go come here, enter our river and cage the mami waters that we dread so much. It simply tells you he carries something more powerful than yours, #BELIEF

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by shurlermoz(m): 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
oduastates: Sawyer collect am from Liberia ,
Sawyer. Give doctor
Doctor carry go house give wifey and pikin
Pikin carry go school give pupils and teachers
Wifey carry am go market dash fish seller .

You get the drift
Ebola is live and kicking
Live and direct from Nigeria .
Only science and the body of knowledge of ifa can save you.

Erinle - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods

I can bet my life that the cure of this laboratory concocted virus can be found in one of the igbo olodumare ( God's forest)in the SW.
It is times like this ,that you realise the superiority of iFA to those baroof religions.
While ifa seeks to guide the people to find practical solutions to their problems ,through scientific experimentation via trial and error,the two baroof religions have the same solution to every problem .Prayer.IFA uses prayers to send off folks on the way to finding solutions.
While they are praying ,ifa practitioners are in the forest collecting herbs to concoct and try.
While you are waiting for Europeans to come and save them ,ifa practitioner are already looking for answers and cross checking their historical body of knowledge ,gathered over millennia

Your jesus and Mohammed will be shown for what they are ,
Foreign inanimate idols .
Hold your breathe people.

Lastly this quote from Desmond tutu perfectly describes the African

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Despite saying it ,he Still wears a cross .when even though he knows the facts ,he still cannot help himself.
Then you know that the future of the present is not bright at all .

Mr. Ifaponle, where was your Gods when oyinbo man was selling everybody including ifa priests into slavery, Oyinbo man go come here, enter our river and cage the mami waters that we dread so much. It simply tells you he carries something more powerful than yours, #BELIEF
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Eldavido1: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

They know the symptoms. Once someone presents with it, they know. What is the big deal in wearing some coveralls, gloves and nose masks when handling a patient for the first time?
Yes passengers can ask to be paid for the airliner exposing them to the disease by taking a sick man to sit with them. Or are they not important to their families too? I believe doctors salary takes into consideration all risks involved in their jobs too. Any job involving travel has that covered as risk. So I am sure a frequently traveling doctor will have that same risk allowee a stewardess in a plan has. Which the ticketing officer does not have even though they both work for same company.
Doctors handle sick people which means that is their job. How else do you want to be paid again for special risk again? It's your responsibility to know that you could catch the disease from your client.
A doctor was telling me once when I complained about his nurses not wearing gloves when checking patients and esp I hate how they all touch healthy babies and admire them just after checking a sick person.
He said. Look if your child won't be sick he won't be sick even if all the sick people in the world should touch him. It's God that protects. I was like shocked. Coming from a medical doctor o.
So he doesn't care to protect himself. If I work with bees, and I choose not to protect myself against stings and get stung should I ask for special pay cos of that?
Yes it's sad when it happens. If you asking for increase in pay all well and good but not because you are exposed to risk. Just like soldiers. If you are sent to war you deserve the extra pay but your salary as a soldier is there cos of the fact you risk your life as a soldier. Special duties/ assignments withing your field of practice attracts the special pay
A doctor sent specifically to handle Ebola cases can ask for any amount he deems fit. It's a risk he is taking a risk in going to handle that case. But not to ask for special pay just because you feel the need to.

what of doctors performing surgery on HIV patients or hepatitis patients the shouldn't demand for higher hazard allowance?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by morefire: 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
have mercy oh Lord, the Dr might have gone home that day to his family, his family went out next day and contacted other people, ok now this is serious
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Amhappy(f): 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eke eti ee Naija(Anaconda don hit naija).i heard a serum was discovered so why are they yet to test it in Africa where a lot of people are affected and dying of Ebola?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
citizenisb: We are in serious trouble, what about the plane cleaners that cleaned his vomit, the people who helped him at the airport, other passengers who used the toilet after him e.t.c.?
We are in trouble!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

They know the symptoms. Once someone presents with it, they know. What is the big deal in wearing some coveralls, gloves and nose masks when handling a patient for the first time?
Yes passengers can ask to be paid for the airliner exposing them to the disease by taking a sick man to sit with them. Or are they not important to their families too? I believe doctors salary takes into consideration all risks involved in their jobs too. Any job involving travel has that covered as risk. So I am sure a frequently traveling doctor will have that same risk allowee a stewardess in a plan has. Which the ticketing officer does not have even though they both work for same company.
Doctors handle sick people which means that is their job. How else do you want to be paid again for special risk again? It's your responsibility to know that you could catch the disease from your client.
A doctor was telling me once when I complained about his nurses not wearing gloves when checking patients and esp I hate how they all touch healthy babies and admire them just after checking a sick person.
He said. Look if your child won't be sick he won't be sick even if all the sick people in the world should touch him. It's God that protects. I was like shocked. Coming from a medical doctor o.
So he doesn't care to protect himself. If I work with bees, and I choose not to protect myself against stings and get stung should I ask for special pay cos of that?
Yes it's sad when it happens. If you asking for increase in pay all well and good but not because you are exposed to risk. Just like soldiers. If you are sent to war you deserve the extra pay but your salary as a soldier is there cos of the fact you risk your life as a soldier. Special duties/ assignments withing your field of practice attracts the special pay
A doctor sent specifically to handle Ebola cases can ask for any amount he deems fit. It's a risk he is taking a risk in going to handle that case. But not to ask for special pay just because you feel the need to.
Shut the crap and stop trying to prove an in existent point.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
smartchoice: What? Where pesin go pack go?
pack go where? U must dey here with us
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Eldavido1: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Chei, gone are the days. I am a new person now.
For your mind, between doctors and nurses, who handles a sick patient more?
Like I always do, I will direct you back to my very first post.
You are a doctor? I pity your patients Sha. You mean, quick to insult and curse. You do not hold monopoly to foul mouth you know?
I go just jump you pass.

I am not interested in your first post. I am interested in the post I quoted. It can be very annoying when some group of individuals take it as a past time to criticise doctors and called them greedy when the hadly have an iota of idea on the risk associated with the profession. And your nurses been expose to more risk is simply childish. probably nurses do perform surgical procedures on HIV infected patients now.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

what of doctors performing surgery on HIV patients or hepatitis patients the shouldn't demand for higher hazard allowance?

They should. I support that one. Every special assignment unless based on charity can attract special allowee. That's my point. Not becau a soldiers college was deployed to Sambisa and he asks for increase in allowee all his other colleagues who are home based would now say hey they too want the same special treatment.
I understand if they saying our allowee is small o, we want an increase to better our lives in this economy. But not that to say see now we are at risk of Ebola everyday so we can demand for special pay. The doctors salary is given based on the fact that he is exposed to danger in his job. Just as the soldier is paid based on the fact that he is risking his life.
You must note. I am not against asking for salary increase but not based on assumptions. We all are stake holders here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Some of these victims attended church yesterday undecided

See wahala
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise: Some of these victims attended church yesterday undecided

See wahala
That's the scary scenario- a massive endemic in Lagos
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by citizenisb: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-hit-sierra-leones-essence-danger-president/

AFP) – Sierra Leone’s leader Monday appealed to the people of the Ebola-hit west African country to fight together against the deadly epidemic, warning that “the very essence” of the nation was at stake.

President Ernest Bai Koroma urged families to ensure that victims were reported to health authorities and asked every Sierra Leonean to take responsibility for raising awareness about the killer tropical virus.

“This is a collective fight. The very essence of our nation is at stake,” he said in a televised address marking a “stay at home day” aimed at recalibrating the state’s response to the outbreak.

Sierra Leone has seen 574 cases — the most of any nation — and 252 deaths since the virus spread from neighbouring Guinea in May.
“In this fight every individual counts, for if every individual or family, community or town fails to act, the risk is increased for the whole nation.”
- See concerned President
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Hempe(m): 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eyah!! What a pity. He's just serving humanity.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

I am not interested in your first post. I am interested in the post I quoted. It can be very annoying when some group of individuals take it as a past time to criticise doctors and called them greedy when the hadly have an iota of idea on the risk associated with the profession. And your nurses been expose to more risk is simply childish. probably nurses do perform surgical procedures on HIV infected patients now.

Chei, Naim dey tire me for naira land. We dey fight before ni? You ask I answer you, slap me with names! Fool, childish etc wetin I do you? Well. I no dey in the mood today. I go just move on from you.
You meet topic for middle, you just jump conclude.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Chinwem(f): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
PrincessEni: The hospital is first Consultants in obalende,lagos,it has been sealed up now,sad for the doctor and family

So I heard
But they should have sealed it up immediately after the Liberian mans death
Why do we always have to be one step behind!!!
Nigeria why? Lagos of all places!!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Orikinla(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
[size=18pt]U.S. doctor with Ebola 'improving' after receiving experimental serum
By ABC News, CNN
August 3, 2014 - 08:02 pm

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/08/u-s-doctor-with-ebola-improving-after-receiving-experiemental-serum-105720.html#ixzz39REGPszg
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria / Ganduje Is The ‘Best Performing Governor’ In COVID-19 Fight In Nigeria - APREN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.