Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (51186 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
If we don't know his name and we know how philandering nigerian men can be,
how will his side babes know to go get tested?

All you runs girls take note

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Submarine dey nah.
But commercial submarine transport is not yet feasible

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
Babymama1: If we don't know his name and we know how philandering nigerian men can be,
how will his side babes know to go get tested?

All you runs girls take note
His side babes should have, at least, a radio set. They must have heard about him on d news
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Vikthor(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
choi! crychoi!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan:
His side babes should have, at least, a radio set. They must have heard about him on d news

Was his name announced on the radio?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by DRealGeesam(m): 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Chei, gone are the days. I am a new person now.
For your mind, between doctors and nurses, who handles a sick patient more?
Like I always do, I will direct you back to my very first post.
You are a doctor? I pity your patients Sha. You mean, quick to insult and curse. You do not hold monopoly to foul mouth you know?
I go just jump you pass.

Passengers are ordinary? Air hostess are ordinary? But if soldier calls you ordinary cos he risks his life in battle field you will cry from now to 2096 abi?
Everybody is important in his field. Every life is life. House boy o, teacher o, cleaner o, doctor o, non is ordinary.
God bless you brother, i noticed how he has been running his mouth with arrogance.
So pathetic.
Yes, they need to fight for more, but increased hazard allowance cant protect or provide enough for any doctor, what they really need is Insurance that covers the cost of any hazard.
Dummmb professionals. Mtcheww

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jennimma:
brother,it is "has" not have cool
thank u ma...

But ebola is no respecter of grammar angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by duni04(m): 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
dustydee: Our government kept saying they had put measures in place to prevent the disease from getting to the country. How on earth did they allow that passenger into Nigeria given that he showed symptoms of the disease? angry
This one is totally avoidable.
The idiots were supossed to ban flights from those countries immediately we became aware there was an outbreak. They waited till someone brought in the disease before banning flights. See ghana that is closer to liberia has not reported any cases because they took preemptive measures. Nigeria is just a keg of gun powder waiting to explode because the same systemic inefficiencies that have enabled minor problems in Nigeria to grow into catastrophies are likely to manifest in our handling of this Ebola outbreak. There are no jingles on air alerting people to take protective measures for themselves, no hotline to call incase suspected cases are detected, nothing! Just the rumours we hear on Nairaland and other blogs. Its a shame!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by DRealGeesam(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
dabossman:

You just ruined your argument with the bolded. No one is ordinary. Those ordinary passengers are the patients who pay the hospital bills that pay doctor's salaries. Those air hostesses may just be the ones to save your life if you ever end up in an air mishap (God forbid). You can make your point without belittling others.
The guy is just an arrogant fo*ol
Doctor indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
dhammyg: MOGBE shocked
EBOLA AT THE TIME THAT DOCTORS
ARE ON STRIKEsadAND WITH OUR
TERRIBLE HEALTH FACILITIES.THE
LAST THING WE NEED IS EBOLAembarassed
I tell u ooo....D whole tin don dey scare me ooo... Lord hv mercy on Naija...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
jozeph1: Am stil very very angry, i dont know if am to curse that liberian who came inside the country wen he knew what was going on in his country and he had related ebola symptoms yet paid no attention to his illness, now we've been plague, even neighbourin countries like Ghana, ivory coast the virus never enter but Nigeria alone he saw
That means those chewing gum countries are safer than Nigeria at present. No matter how poor they are.
Even Somalia is safer than Nigeria now.

I tire for Nigeria and lawlessness.
The news about ebola outbreak came out in May this year, since May!, they announced that there is ebola outbreak in Liberia and yet that Liberian minister was allowed to get into the country without being checked first. Maybe he bribed his way into Nigeria because the security and health workers are corrupt enough to take bribe and allow him enter without testing him first.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by FlintGuevara(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
oduastates: Sawyer collect am from Liberia ,
Sawyer. Give doctor
Doctor carry go house give wifey and pikin
Pikin carry go school give pupils and teachers
Wifey carry am go market dash fish seller .

You get the drift
Ebola is live and kicking
Live and direct from Nigeria .
Only science and the body of knowledge of ifa can save you.

Erinle - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods

I can bet my life that the cure of this laboratory concocted virus can be found in one of the igbo olodumare ( God's forest)in the SW.
It is times like this ,that you realise the superiority of iFA to those baroof religions.
While ifa seeks to guide the people to find practical solutions to their problems ,through scientific experimentation via trial and error,the two baroof religions have the same solution to every problem .Prayer.IFA uses prayers to send off folks on the way to finding solutions.
While they are praying ,ifa practitioners are in the forest collecting herbs to concoct and try.
While you are waiting for Europeans to come and save them ,ifa practitioner are already looking for answers and cross checking their historical body of knowledge ,gathered over millennia

Your jesus and Mohammed will be shown for what they are ,
Foreign inanimate idols .
Hold your breathe people.

Lastly this quote from Desmond tutu perfectly describes the African

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Despite saying it ,he Still wears a cross .when even though he knows the facts ,he still cannot help himself.
Then you know that the future of the present is not bright at all .

the quote you ascribe to Tutu is a Zulu quote. stop plagiarism.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Ruuchiinaa: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
May God deliver Us. Only Naija be Boko, now e wan be Ebola. We bind every thing called "BO". Do pray the next outbreak ain't Debo or Nebo. Chaiii, Naija my Naija.....No be So o ooo
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by DRealGeesam(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

you won't understand how painful it is to see a colleague infected due to occupational hazard and possibly die and see pple defending government maltreatment of medical professionals expecially doctors.
True.
What you people need is insurance not just increase in allowance, everything is not about immediate gratification. You doctors deserve it. That is why parents should not force their kids to read medicine, a doctor must be passionate for lives despite the risks. At the same time insurance should be provided to cover them and the same should apply to all professions with work related hazards

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by phemmyjohnson: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mehn!!! This is crazy
I jez feel like crying the shit out..
What about the doctors family??
What about the passengers on the plane??
What about his friends and neighbours??
Even given the fact that Nigeria is so crowded that a major outbreak can run at a faster rate.
God!! What's the way out?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
This is not the last we are hearing of this! I completely blame this incompetent Nigerian government! They had ample time to prevent this from happening....they should have put in place all necessary measures to prevent people traveling from infected neighboring countries from entering our country....But no, Nigeria is ruled by APES in clothing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by duni04(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
fellis:
That means those chewing gum countries are safer than Nigeria at present. No matter how poor they are.
Even Somalia is safer than Nigeria now.

I tire for Nigeria and lawlessness.
The news about ebola outbreak came out in May this year, since May!, they announced that there is ebola outbreak in Liberia and yet that Liberian minister was allowed to get into the country without being checked first. Maybe he bribed his way into Nigeria because the security and health workers are corrupt enough to take bribe and allow him enter without testing him first.
The best thing to do right now is not to leave our protection in the hands of those corrupt and incompetent civil servants. Even far away Britain held an emergency ministerial meeting last week just because of Ebola. Everyone should be alert and be responsible for their personal health.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Reference(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
tete7000:
But it was not said his case got to that advanced stage when he passed through the airport. It probably didn't go beyond the fever stage before detection. The health workers who were in touch with him at the later stage of the disease are the ones likely to be of grave concern. My thought though.

Having gone through a lot of literature on this I feel there are still gaps in our knowlege of how this virus is spread. Until that is done the virus will continue to slip through the preventive web. I think it is critical to interview those few who were infected but fortunate to survive exactly what they did. We need precise details of their activities. For one there is a current debate as to whether it can be spread in aerosol. To me this is lacuna may be a fatal flaw. The difference between life and death in the weeks and months ahead is knowlege.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
nnekamezor: I tell u ooo....D whole tin don dey scare ooo... Lord hv mercy on Naija...
embarassed
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan:
But commercial submarine transport is not yet feasible

LOL. Na joke. I know.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Ruuchiinaa: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
Na to Pack go Mogadishu, Iran or Gaza.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
Babymama1:

Was his name announced on the radio?
Maybe
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by fowowe411: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise: What is the name of the Hospital? Someone needs to avoid the Local Govt. Area he resides entire undecided
What of the doctors treating it? How do u want infected people to feel with this comment of yours?smh,insensitivity at its peak.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by citizenisb: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/death-toll-ebola-w-africa-hits-887-162835125.html

ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Authorities in Nigeria on Monday announced a second case of Ebola in Africa's most populous country, an alarming setback as the total death toll from the disease in several West Africa countries shot up by more than 150 to 887.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Sagamite(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
citizenisb: May the God of Israel fight for His children in Nigeria!!

Why would the God of Israel fight for people in Nigeria?

Would you fight for the children in Ecuador or Vietnam? grin grin grin grin

And if you did, would you fight as hard as you would for your own children? grin grin grin grin grin

Huh?

Let the God of Israel go back to Israel and stay with his children there.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by lanre2009: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
citizenisb: May the God of Israel fight for His children in Nigeria!!

A big AMEEEEEEENNNNNN to that.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by melomelo: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
2Timo3:1
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
fowowe411: What of the doctors treating it? How do u want infected people to feel with this comment of yours?smh,insensitivity at its peak.
Grow some little sense of humour bro. How is that even possible? Mtchew
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by fowowe411: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
FlintGuevara: the quote you ascribe to Tutu is a Zulu quote. stop plagiarism.
You are the one mistaken sir,that statement was made by Desmond Tutu and please up your knowledge about plagiarism because I can't see how it occured in the guys assertion evn if he is wrong.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by topwiz(m): 6:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
dërê is a cure før ebola ñw. it wås given tø d american doctors who infected. åñd it worked før them. the ñãmë of d drug is ZMapp,
source: edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by hayorbaami: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz: Just imagine the sacrifice the doctor made and tomorrow johesu members who aside the nurses don't come close to patients would want to be at par with medical Doctors.
Am sorry colleague, it's the price we have to pay and the sacrifices we have to make as medical personnels

Can you and other doctors just shuush it already? You keep screaming as of only doctors come in contact with patients, don't other paramedics do? Cleaners nko? Hospital maids? Mortuary attendants? Who collects whatever fluid needed for the series of tests. The hazard allowance should be for EVERYONE in the health sector. Enough of this selfishness and open your eyes and brains to see the bigger picture . No one deserves hazard allowance less in the health sector abeg. You all should fight for it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria / Ganduje Is The ‘Best Performing Governor’ In COVID-19 Fight In Nigeria - APREN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.