Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (51184 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan:
That's the scary scenario- a massive endemic in Lagos
Apart from air transportation, what other means can one enter U.S quickly? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by bbdd: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
abdulaz: Research just conducted by me shows that marijuana plant, Nigerian breed o, can reduce the possibility of contracting the deadly ebola virus to 10%. Smoke it or take it as a concocted tea today. wink

E-diot you think this is funny.??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by dabossman(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

How idi0tic can one reason? nurses are paid # 30000 as hazard allowance while doctors receive #5,000 and ure here talking crab. Someone is exposed daily to the risk of HIV, hepatitis, various infections and now Ebola and dis fool is comparing it with ordinary passengers and air hostess. May thunder strike NMA if they call off dis strike witout our demand being met.

You just ruined your argument with the bolded. No one is ordinary. Those ordinary passengers are the patients who pay the hospital bills that pay doctor's salaries. Those air hostesses may just be the ones to save your life if you ever end up in an air mishap (God forbid). You can make your point without belittling others.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
Apart from air transportation, what other means can one enter U.S quickly? lipsrsealed
There is no other quick means of entry; you may have to sail to the US which can take up to 6 days cheesy
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by dabossman(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: ok you win!

Correct babe. Very matured. Make you sef dey try watch Naija TV small, enough of Telemundo and Afmag. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Eldavido1: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
dabossman:

You just ruined your argument with the bolded. No one is ordinary. Those ordinary passengers are the patients who pay the hospital bills that pay doctor's salaries. Those air hostesses may just be the ones to save your life if you ever end up in an air mishap (God forbid). You can make your point without belittling others.

Thanks! noted!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by gebest: 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Bad news
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:
A doctor was telling me once when I complained about his nurses not wearing gloves when checking patients and esp I hate how they all touch healthy babies and admire them just after checking a sick person.
He said. Look if your child won't be sick he won't be sick even if all the sick people in the world should touch him. It's God that protects. I was like shocked. Coming from a medical doctor o.
D doctor na Pastor abi?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by gebest: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Bad news, tears in my eyes.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Eldavido1: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Chei, Naim dey tire me for naira land. We dey fight before ni? You ask I answer you, slap me with names! Fool, childish etc wetin I do you? Well. I no dey in the mood today. I go just move on from you.
You meet topic for middle, you just jump conclude.

you won't understand how painful it is to see a colleague infected due to occupational hazard and possibly die and see pple defending government maltreatment of medical professionals expecially doctors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan:
There is no other quick means of entry; you may have to sail to the US which can take up to 6 days cheesy
I don't have to pass through passport check right? cheesy.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by benELOHIM7(m): 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
All kini shud b on dek! U mus b a lena
babystathopoulos: There is no time for "if or may" or denials, all hands should be on deck. The government should start serious awareness campaign to contain this cos nigeria is full of very difficult people. If the doctor who treated the liberian man has it, there is a very high chance the nurses, the cleaner anyone who attend to the man has it. Now is time for govt to build special centres for this disease cos it's not save for hospitals who has other patients to habour ebola patients.
Btw doctors are still on strike, whyna? Noone is even talking about them again. What about people that ve died from other disease due to strike. This country sef eh, may God help us o
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
I don't have to pass through passport check right? cheesy.
At the port, you'd have to pass thru passport check tongue
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
you guys should stop the panic nah, this disease is only contagious when the person start showing symptoms and by then it's the family that are at risk. that is why u need to watch out for anyone acting or having some kind of funny illness.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
Eldavido1:

you won't understand how painful it is to see a colleague infected due to occupational hazard and possibly die and see pple defending government maltreatment of medical professionals expecially doctors.

Ok o. I don't think I am against anyone asking for increase in pay except those law makers who already earn millions. In my posts I clearly stated that Ebola should not be a reason to suddenly ask for pay increase. The air hostess or who ever packed his vomit is she not exposed to it too? My point is this is a big epidemic and we all are in it together let's fight it first.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by marv1: 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
smartchoice: What? Where pesin go pack go?
go to the moon or better still ur village.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tete7000(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
citizenisb: We are in serious trouble, what about the plane cleaners that cleaned his vomit, the people who helped him at the airport, other passengers who used the toilet after him e.t.c.?
But it was not said his case got to that advanced stage when he passed through the airport. It probably didn't go beyond the fever stage before detection. The health workers who were in touch with him at the later stage of the disease are the ones likely to be of grave concern. My thought though.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Pesuzok(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gbade60: On a lighter note : in light of the recent scare of ebola in Lagos I'm therefore using God Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg everyone wey im name get 'ebola' inside e.g. Adebola, Okebola, Orebola, Oyebola, Ojebola, Otebola, Debola etc not to attempt to shake or hug me till further notice. Na GOD I take beg o!.....

get serious
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan:

Submarine dey nah.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by citizenisb: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
The Lagos doctor who treated American Patrick Sawyer (who died from Ebola in late July) has been confirmed as infected by the deadly virus by Nigerian authorities.

This is Nigeria's second confirmed case of Ebola but what is most concerning is the fact that the doctor's infection suggests contagion is less well-contained that authorities have claimed - especially in light of the fact that they did not quarantine Sawyer's fellow passengers.

Nigeria is now the fourth nation to report Ebola cases, as Sierra Leone and Liberia are deploying hundreds of troops under an emergency plan to "contain" the worst outbreak of Ebola virus in history.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-04/nigerian-doctor-treating-ebola-casualty-contracts-virus-troops-deployed-liberia

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-04/netanyahu-bombings-will-continue-until-calm-restored
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tete7000(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
citizenisb: We are in serious trouble, what about the plane cleaners that cleaned his vomit, the people who helped him at the airport, other passengers who used the toilet after him e.t.c.?

But it was not said his case got to that advanced stage when he passed through the airport. It probably didn't go beyond the fever stage before detection. The health workers who were in touch with him at the later stage of the disease are the ones likely to be of grave concern. My thought though.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by instaforexngr(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
It is as i feared.
Now its confirmed Ebola is in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Reference(m): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: The most annoying part is there's no awareness campaign about the Ebola Virus on our TV stations. The awareness is only on social media.
How will uneducated Nigerians get to know what's happening?

Its on radio 24/7 and they've been spamming my phones steady as if I eat those gaddem bats. Who eats bats....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Cul4real(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Let GEJ close down nigeria borders now according to FASHOLA!!! I dnt really know why GEJ is a slow decision maker? May GOD fight Ebola virus for us ooo.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by jozeph1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Am stil very very angry, i dont know if am to curse that liberian who came inside the country wen he knew what was going on in his country and he had related ebola symptoms yet paid no attention to his illness, now we've been plague, even neighbourin countries like Ghana, ivory coast the virus never enter but Nigeria alone he saw

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
I hope the man is getting adequate treatment so we don't gather on another FP thread about his death
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
barcanista: Ebola have no business with Nigeria
brother,it is "has" not have cool
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by abdulaz: 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
bbdd:

E-diot you think this is funny.??
demented fool! Because there is an epidemic around us we should all live in fear? What about the man that said you should eat bitter cola, did you question his research. I am just sorry for the innocent people that will die of the virus because we live in a country where the government does not value the lifes of the citezenry, what will the govt achieve by hiding the figures of those that have contracted the virus already. We have been tackling insurgency since the inception of this administration, now an epidernic. If you are not ok with my opinion then do yourself some good and mind your business, did i mention the name of your family? Shout out to all the weed men in the house, the ultimate herb will shield us from this ebola virus, keep the fire burning..... cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Pool4us(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ooops!!! He don die be dat.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Pool4us(m): 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ooops!!! He don die be dat.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Reference(m): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
gulfer: Please what about the nurses, cleaners and fellow patients at the time of his admission

The hospital was shut down as soon as the Liberian man was identified and all those in contact quarantined. I don't think they admitted any patients after that and I don't think the doctor will have made unguarded 'contact' with anyone since. Anyway with early detection the viral load should be low enough to curtail spread and give him a shot at survival. The virus cannot survive without a host for long anyway.

I think Nigeria is on top of the situation but people should expect as much from themselves as they do government. From the immigration officers who may be tempted to exchange cash for diseased entry to the meat sellers, say no to the munching of rats, cats and gaddem bats....which crazy a.r.sed nigga eats bats.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tete7000(m): 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Samgreguc:
D doctor na Pastor abi?

I tire o! Can one puts himself in the harm's way and expect God to perform magic of protecting him. The Scripture says 'Faith without good work is dead'. St. Augustine says 'A God who created you without you cannot save you without you'. Wisdom is from God and everyone needs to apply it in their daily activities. Miracles happen but only when man has done his best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ondo Trauma & Surgical Centre Built By Mimiko (Photos) / Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.