Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? (4488 Views)

No Victor No Vanquish / Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon / No Victor No Vanquished - How true? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:45am On Aug 06, 2014
pazienza:

Gowon and his co travellers from Yolobaland could have done all you suggested and perhaps,even more,if only they had the powers to do such.

But the truth was that Gowon was only a pawn used by the British to consolidate their hold on the crude oil of Biafra, they funded the war and even bought the Egyptian airforce to assist Gowon, when his incompetence became too much.

Gowon's killing of innocent civillians in Biafra was already bringing bad names to the British government who were his sponsors, the British were eager to end the war without further image stain, which post war military occupation would have brought to them.

You could have done all you wanted to do to Biafrans and even more,if only you won the war. But you didn't, because it was the British that won the war,and they decided what was to become of Biafrans.
Shut up! Both sides got assistance. But Nigeria's field commanders were able to outsmart them. They targetted all Biafra's links to the outside world (airports and seaports). At a point in time, arms that came from Biafran allies could not reach the Calabar seaport because of the activities of Benjamin Adekunle. They had to be taken to Gabon. In fact the Catholic Church's plane was used to supply Biafra arms.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 5:47am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If he had balls he would have come before the pardon of 1982.
He was here during the whole war era. Got out and made a peace deal, which included self imposed exile. Nigerians, you people are so delusional. Nigerian army could not fly a plane during the war. A lot of them couldn't even pass simple literacy assessment. Yet you think yourselves super stars. You guys are slaves and muppets like all the other crazy Africans around you.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 5:48am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Shut up! Both sides got assistance. But Nigeria's field commanders were able to outsmart them. They targetted all Biafra's links to the outside world (airports and seaports). At a point in time, arms that came from Biafran allies could not reach the Calabar seaport because of the activities of Benjamin Adekunle. They had to be taken to Gabon. In fact the Catholic Church's plane was used to supply Biafra arms.
Owoh think about this now. Nigeria and smart in the same sentence. Now that is the definition of blasphemy.

3 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
Owoh think about this now. Nigeria and smart in the same sentence. Now that is the definition of blasphemy.
You're short of what to say. Go have a second round of sleep.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:00am On Aug 06, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
He was here during the whole war era. Got out and made a peace deal, which included self imposed exile. Nigerians, you people are so delusional. Nigerian army could not fly a plane during the war. A lot of them couldn't even pass simple literacy assessment. Yet you think yourselves super stars. You guys are slaves and muppets like all the other crazy Africans around you.
Where did you get the cräp that Ojukwu signed a peace deal? If at all there was, why is it that it was after Biafra had completely lost that he said he was "going to seek peace." Was Abidjan, where he ran to ever used as a meeting point by Biafra and Nigeria to the war? When you uncles tell you anything, do your research.
On Nigeria not being able to fly a jet, you lied. Shittu Alao from Kwara State flew jet bombers during the war. Biafra could not do this until they brought Steiner.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 6:02am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Mr owoh, Nigeria had no functional navy in the 70s. They still have no functional navy. Nigerian navy cannot enforce the blockade you described now, in the next 50 years of her miserable existence. Mr owoh, you won the war. Why do you still have to lie about a non existent bravado from Nigerians. Even now, a lot of them can't complete a simple form in any language at all. Stop deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 6:06am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Where did you get the cräp that Ojukwu signed a peace deal? If at all there was, why is it that it was after Biafra had completely lost that he said he was "going to seek peace." Was Abidjan, where he ran to ever used as a meeting point by Biafra and Nigeria to the war? When you uncles tell you anything, do your research.
On Nigeria not being able to fly a jet, you lied. Shittu Alao from Kwara State flew jet bombers during the war. Biafra could not do this until they brought Steiner.
In your dreams lol. We know who flew those planes. We caught some of them. None of them looked liked their name was shittu alao. LOls. Nigerians abeg! You don't know anything about us, so I will excuse your rants about agreements and deals; on the basis of small mindedness.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 6:10am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You're short of what to say. Go have a second round of sleep.
Owoh smart people feed their children now. Smart people cure their diseases now. Smart people actually do useful things Owoh. Nigeria is a third world country with pot holes all over their roads and diseased half naked children running around the whole place. My dear mr Owoh think now think!

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:17am On Aug 06, 2014
Dibiachukwu:

Mr owoh, Nigeria had no functional navy in the 70s. They still have no functional navy. Nigerian navy cannot enforce the blockade you described now, in the next 50 years of her miserable existence. Mr owoh, you won the war. Why do you still have to lie about a non existent bravado from Nigerians. Even now, a lot of them can't complete a simple form in any language at all. Stop deceiving yourself.
I never mentioned the Nigerian Navy. It took a division in the Nigerian Army to block the water ways in the coastline of Nigeria, the 3 Division whose GOC, Benjamin Adekunle dubbed as 3 Marine Commando on account of their always fighting in the coastline.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20am On Aug 06, 2014
Dibiachukwu, try not to introduce irrelevant things in your arguement when next you want to engage me.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 6:37am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I never mentioned the Nigerian Navy. It took a division in the Nigerian Army to block the water ways in the coastline of Nigeria, the 3 Division whose GOC, Benjamin Adekunle dubbed as 3 Marine Commando on account of their always fighting in the coastline.
LOL. On which Biafran coastline was this adekunle please?
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 06, 2014
I love Biafra

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by saintneo(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2014
this thread is not about Biafra war.

It is about some ogonimilitant trying to steer the hornets nest with his castrated prick......where is that mofo?
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 06, 2014
Why dese stupid igotic mofos go dey claim my fore fathers land... May our gos punish u all nd ur papa...may misfortune come upon u all igos wey dey claim south south area as ur stupid biafra..we will rather form a country dan follow useless nd greedy ibgotic spleen dat has no normalccy or conscietiousness of the mind when it comes to money...go form ur fucking biatra wth ur fucking five states.. Never u claim rivers calabar akwa ibom warri nd edo as ur kingpin...cos war scattetred u pple into our lands.. U nw feel like a landowner abi? God punish igbo bandits wey dey dis thread..dis anormallyy came up if nt for ag crisis dat allowed d greedy ncnc to take ova both south east and south south just because of d oil...tifs may d gods of ur lands strike u all dead as u reply me wth fustration and confusion created by your forefathers nd passed on to ur illiterate fathers nd to u fucktards of a son... Every where dey go dis igo guys re just bed bugs. Go form ur enclave nd get away In pieces...I dnt hate u pples existence just dat ur bragging cunny nd greedy styles I abhore too much...to u all igos readind dis just go and die.......
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by onyeokwu: 8:46am On Aug 06, 2014
Ogonimilitant:
Some folks from other tribes are that it was a big mistake from Gowon. that south east should have been an occupied region to curtail the excesses of the Igbos.

my Igbo brothers should shield their sword on Ogonimilitant, i think he is a pro igbo and and also a pro Biafra too

just read between the line you will understand that other tribes he mentioned are the hatred and jealousy from housa and yorubas and other tribes like ijaws towards igbos i think he didnt mean harm to the igbos
not all ogonis hate igbos there are some that are die-hard biafra,also note that its just few ognis that sabotage Biafra majority of ogonis fought for Biafra

though he quickly modify the topic
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by pazienza(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Taa! Mechieonu. France never gave Biafra full support, the white race are like wolfs, when it comes to affairs of the black, they hunt in packs. France was pressurized by Britain to withdraw support for Biafra, Biafra allies were countries like Gabon,Kenya,Ivory coast,Haiti. They mainly provided moral support,and not millitary.

Nigerian commanders were incompetent dullards, even with better millitary support provided by the British and Egyptian mercenaries hired by the British for air rades, they were still being whooped by Biafran commanders with little or no weapon, they lost more soldiers and couldn't defeat the Biafran soldiers,and had to resort to killing innocent Biafran children,mothers and old people, to blackmail Biafran soldiers into surrendering.

You really should be ashamed of your dullard commanders and their slowpoke soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2014
pazienza:

Taa! Mechieonu. France never gave Biafra full support, the white race are like wolfs, when it comes to affairs of the black, they hunt in packs. France was pressurized by Britain to withdraw support for Biafra, Biafra allies were countries like Gabon,Kenya,Ivory coast,Haiti. They mainly provided moral support,and not millitary.

Nigerian commanders were incompetent dullards, even with better millitary support provided by the British and Egyptian mercenaries haired by the British for air rades, they were still being whooped by Biafran commanders with little or no weapon, they lost more soldiers and couldn't defeat the Biafran soldiers,and had to resort to killing innocent Biafran children,mothers and old people, to blackmail Biafran soldier into surrendering.

You really should be ashamed of your dullard commanders and their slowpoke soldiers.
Where did you read France in my post?
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by pazienza(m): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2014
Truckpusher: I'll give you my address then you come around if you got some balls, you bastardd. grin

Needless to even reply you when you're your own worst enemy....................Finish fighting amongst yourselves over crumbs before you declare war on Nigeria........yeye dey smell grin

Last time i checked,it was your primitive,poverty ravaged, people in Egi that were shooting each other the other day. It was even on nairaland here, you commented there with your other regular handle here *grins*. Hunger don finish una for Ogba, and like they say, a hungry man is an angry man,hence the senseless killing of each other.*grins*

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by pazienza(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Where did you read France in my post?

You were talking about assistance that Biafra got during the war. Well, France was the only super power assistance we got,but their support from the start,was meagre , and mid way through the war, they were forced to stop totally by the British.

Nigeria from the very start had full British support, and they even got USSR additional help,along the way.
And lets not forget the Egyptian airforce, that the British brought along.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by pazienza(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

And you,how many Ikwerre/Ogba cowards have really seen a full blown war?
Dude,your hate and jealousy can only make us stronger.
Like my brother Pazienza said ,"we need your hate"....Hate us more.
We have been through war and marginalization that no other group has experienced in Nigeria but we recovered and keep moving. You are nothing but a weakling who resort to the cover of a faceless forum to lunch an attack you dare not try in real life.
Lilly-livered bbitch!

Nwanne, don't mind that 'Afo anu'. He is cursed, being from Ogba is a curse.

Ogba is a land of inferiority complex, poverty ravaged people, they wish they were Igbo,but they know that they clearly lack the brains to be Igbo, so they are scared that they would get out competed by other genetically superior Igbos,and would then end up as second class Igbos.

So, rather than becoming second class Igbos, they chose to be first class Ogbas, but deep down their hearts, they crave to be Igbos, they crave for acceptance by other Igbos,but they know they don't have what it takes to be Igbos.

It's a psychological trauma for them, so they cover this up by puting up an aggressive and expressive display of 'Igbophobia', it's their own form of defense mechanism, they take solace in the presence of crude oil in their land,even though they hardly benefit from them, they reason it's the only thing the other Igbos don't have that they do, even when this reasoning is flawed,but when you are as insecured as they are, anything to have a feeling of group worth, is always irrationally welcomed.

Even here in Nairaland, Truckpusher has another handle where he claims Igbo,and really do defend Ndiigbo most times there.

The last Igbo man from Ogba was Ogbuehi Francis Ellah, he was born an Igbo man from Ogba,and died an Igbo man from Ogba, he was an Eze of Ogba. But these days, the nitwits in Ogba now have an Oba of Ogba, Oba of bini must be really having a good laugh in his inner chambers at the folly of Ogba.

3 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Blackfire(m): 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
biafra the name that will hunt niger area and there allies..
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by EasternLeopard: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Truckpusher: I'll give you my address then you come around if you got some balls, you bastardd. grin

Needless to even reply you when you're your own worst enemy....................Finish fighting amongst yourselves over crumbs before you declare war on Nigeria........yeye dey smell grin

Give us your phone number and house address.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by EasternLeopard: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
lowgeorge: Why dese stupid igotic mofos go dey claim my fore fathers land... May our gos punish u all nd ur papa...may misfortune come upon u all igos wey dey claim south south area as ur stupid biafra..we will rather form a country dan follow useless nd greedy ibgotic spleen dat has no normalccy or conscietiousness of the mind when it comes to money...go form ur fucking biatra wth ur fucking five states.. Never u claim rivers calabar akwa ibom warri nd edo as ur kingpin...cos war scattetred u pple into our lands.. U nw feel like a landowner abi? God punish igbo bandits wey dey dis thread..dis anormallyy came up if nt for ag crisis dat allowed d greedy ncnc to take ova both south east and south south just because of d oil...tifs may d gods of ur lands strike u all dead as u reply me wth fustration and confusion created by your forefathers nd passed on to ur illiterate fathers nd to u fucktards of a son... Every where dey go dis igo guys re just bed bugs. Go form ur enclave nd get away In pieces...I dnt hate u pples existence just dat ur bragging cunny nd greedy styles I abhore too much...to u all igos readind dis just go and die.......

These are the ones who were always selling fruits jumping fence making noise etc during their school days

Ordinary vernacular he can't write to viewers satisfaction
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
pazienza:

You were talking about assistance that Biafra got during the war. Well, France was the only super power assistance we got,but their support from the start,was meagre , and mid way through the war, they were forced to stop totally by the British.

Nigeria from the very start had full British support, and they even got USSR additional help,along the way.
And lets not forget the Egyptian airforce, that the British brought along.
You argue like a baby. Yes or no, did Biafra get assistance? There is no yardstick for setting a benchmark of assistance.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by pazienza(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You argue like a baby. Yes or no, did Biafra get assistance? There is no yardstick for setting a benchmark of assistance.

You argue like a jellyfish.

3 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by kernel504(m): 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
The Igbos are not scared of challenges, no other tribe can stand FG of Nigeria for just 2 months more of 3 years.

1. 80% of Niger Delta oil well is owned by Hausas
2.Yoruba have almost lost Kwara state to Hausa in silence.
3.Middle belt is daily ravaged by insurgency, and they are dying in silence too.
It can't happen in Igboland, it takes joint effort of all other tribe together with foreign aid to win the Igbos.

Even with the war in question, "Igbos and Yorubas" are the most advanced in every sphere of Nigeria, so who is the victor and who is the vanquished? Laughing in Greek !!!
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
pazienza:

You argue like a jellyfish.
This is why I say you argue like a baby, how does a jellyfish argue?

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
kernel504: The Igbos are not scared of challenges, no other tribe can stand FG of Nigeria for just 2 months more of 3 years.

1. 80% of Niger Delta oil well is owned by Hausas
2.Yoruba have almost lost Kwara state to Hausa in silence.
3.Middle belt is daily ravaged by insurgency, and they are dying in silence too.
It can't happen in Igboland, it takes joint effort of all other tribe together with foreign aid to win the Igbos.
No tribe is as foolish as Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by kernel504(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
No tribe is as foolish as Igbo.

Who is controlling your oil wells?
You are demanding for damages caused by oil spillage, right... ? They've (court) awarded punitive cost 100 billion, go and take it now.Crying like a baby, where is Bakassi, lolz
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by pazienza(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This is why I say you argue like a baby, how does a jellyfish argue?

A jellyfish has no brain.*grins*
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Truckpusher(m): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Give us your phone number and house address.
08186942490 52 EVO ROAD GRA PHASE II PORT HARCOURT.

Call me anyday from the 12th of this month, I'm waiting.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Truckpusher(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
pazienza:

Last time i checked,it was your primitive,poverty ravaged, people in Egi that were shooting each other the other day. It was even on nairaland here, you commented there with your other regular handle here *grins*. Hunger don finish una for Ogba, and like they say, a hungry man is an angry man,hence the senseless killing of each other.*grins*
grin grin Hunger in Ogbaland can't still be compared to the one in that your red earth and erosion ravaged land of your phantom Biafra.

Keep ranting like a rabid dog when your women are championing ashawoism nationwide and the rest of the boys langushing in motor parks and mechanic village looking for people they will swindle while calling it daily hustle grin

You probably get all your news from Nairaland ,when some cultist goes ballistic on each other your small igbo brain senses an entire ethnic group fighting themselves , abi? undecided

When I see Igbos like you that are emotionally battered I simply smile because all you've got is mouth and your criminal tendencies and nothing more.

I just hope that when your masters in the North sneezes you guys won't come around looking for an ally that doesn't exist as you keep beating the drums of war, a war you've paid for dearly before .They say ''once bitten twice shy'' but your case is akin to the provervial fly that follows the dead body to the grave cheesy

I bet you Igbos will never learn thing as long as you continue to breath and live in your propaganda of lies,deceit and greed that has brought you to this sorry state in a nation where you are clearly a majority yet being treated like the scum of that country.......smh

Wake up and smell the coffee because this time around you'd be so crushed that the name 'Igbo' would be heard only in history books.

FYI: I do not have another handle like you bastards. Okijajuju; that your schizoprhenic brain keep mistaken me for is entirely another entity and not mine,so you better get that to your abacha and ugba messed up brain please. angry

This is the last time I'll reply you and your fellow mad tribal men and I'm waiting for your calls, do not chicken out the war you wanted just started..........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NSCDC Boss Escape Assassination Attempt By Police Inspector / Open Letter To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu / The Ekumeku Resistance: How Igbos Defended Their Homeland Against Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.