Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy (31775 Views)

Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Ukarainan Prime Minister Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ayobase(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
SirShymex:

So, Israel created Hamas, funded the same organisation to divide Palestine into two - and to destroy Arafat. And it still funds the same organisation. Then, why is the same country now killing defenseless women and children for the monster it created, if it's not for genocide and to systematically take over all Palestinian land?

Also, when Hamas was doing Israeli bid, fighting fellow Palestinians in the West Bank - it wasn't a terrorist organisation then, no?

I dont wanna start pendulum-argument based on GIGO.

what should have Isreal done despite the attack?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ayobase(m): 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Justfollowit:

For your mind now o, you get sense, abi?

Pardon?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ayobase(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
realbee: So because boko haram is terrorizing the north, the Nigerian military should just be killing everyone in the north? Even when the U.S was finding Osama, they were not blindly shooting rockets at everyone and every city in Afghanistan, it takes intelligence gathering to fight terrorists, israel knows this, they were just deliberately killing innocents. Fighting terrorist with a counter act of terrorism makes you a terrorist also. And those of you that do not see anything wrong in what israel is doing, you are not different from boko haram. You are bunch of religion fanatics too because the only reason this is OK with you is because it is happening to people you regard as enemy's due to their religion belief.

to fight enemies within is more difficult....reason why Isreal is making sure those tunnels are compromised.

did u like it when Obj cleared that village?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by cleric(m): 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elan83: my bro. Diz guys sayin al sorts of rubish shuld reason frm dia brains & ask demslfz y shld hamas continualy bulds tunnels frm dia plce 2 isrealite homes, hamas suffer more casualties because of a simpl reasons, [1] dey're usin dia citizens as shields while d isrealite're usin technlgies 4 protction, [2] hamas as a grup doesn't care about dia citizens,but dey're usin dia citizen 2 fght a propaganda war, coursin dia citizens 2 die hereby telin d wrld dat isreal are killin dia ppl, D fact remains dat any country dat can not protct its citizens is a failed country,, Hamas is a hrtlss & confuzed terorist orgnztion, i'm not tryin 2 condemn anyone but diz is my holistic view.
I couldn't have put it better. angry
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by GoodSamaritan: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
[quote
author=martyns303]Any sane human would take a stand against the
genocide taking place in Gaza, has anyone seen what's happening there?
Have u even bothered to look? It's terrible. [/quote]
............................:...................................

TROUBLE DEY SLEEP YANGA GO WAKE AM, WETIN E DEY FIND?

Young man, that's what you get when u look for trouble. i strongly suggest u advise Hamas to stop firing missiles into Israel. SIMPLE!!!

HE WHO LIVES IN A GLASS HOUSE DOES NOT THROW STONES

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by realbee(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
GOZILLA:

Uncle jona has been termed a weak leader because of the way bokoharam operates. What we are seeing in palestine is exactly WHAT WE NEED TO DO TO STOP BOKO HARAM!! If the locals are in anyway aiding the insurgents RAZE EVERYTHING to the ground!
Listen to ur self, raze everything to the ground, honestly answer this question, is your taste for blood shed different from that of boko haram members?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by realbee(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
ayobase:

to fight enemies within is more difficult....reason why Isreal is making sure those tunnels are compromised.

did u like it when Obj cleared that village?

maybe you should read my comments again, obj is wrong and should hv been jailed for crime against humanity, israel is also wrong with their approach, either it is within or outside, mass killing of innocents just because you want to get to some few bad eggs is totally wrong, even during war, massive killing of innocents is frowned against, that is why we have war crimes.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Confusion: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
ayobase:
I dont wanna start pendulum-argument based on GIGO.

what should have Isreal done despite the attack?

Er, let's just accept for the sake of it that Hamas actually kidnapped those Israeli kids and killed them, the same way Israel kills Palestinian kids by "mistake" all the time. There's something called measured response in international law, and certain places should never be targeted in a war, especially places designated as UN zones.

So basically, Israel should have gone after Hamas - not bombing the whole country back to the stone age while killing 450 innocent children. They've got drones and the IDF knows where most Hamas members are, since a lot of Mossad operatives have direct communication links with the top echelon of the group.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
rickkid: That prize is control over the world's religious headquarters as Jerusalem is central to the 3 Abrahamic sects. Whoever controls Jerusalem becomes a world power by default. There is something about its location between Africa (the home of original man) and Asia (the home of fake mankind) that gives its occupier a very potent, and ultimately destructive power.
Personally I think a medium sized nuclear warhead should do the trick. Rid us of the worst humans on earth who all come from that Middle Eastern axis and enforce peace in an area which has always been at war for the past 3,000 years or so.
I half dye grin grin
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
50calibre:
When Obama assumed office in 09, he promised to put daylight between Israel and the US, he tried but got his hands tied, and backed down. Understandable at the time, given it could have damaged his re-election prospects.

Now he's in his second term and has nothing to lose, one will think he should have taken a tougher stance on Israel but instead he's just remained docile.

I think he's just marking his time till he gets out of that White House. There are rumours he's already bought a mansion in an affluent part of LA.

Er, Obama doesn't really control America - both domestic and foreign policies. And sometimes, you just have to look at the guy's face when he's talking and feel sorry for him. He might have good intentions, but the Jewish "mafias" control all facets of America - and they dictate everything. Ever heard about AIPAC?

It's not even just America, to be honest...they also have leverage in a lot of Western countries.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Firefire(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
If you are interested in getting live evidence of the happening between Israel and Hamas, the below links would be of help.

How Hamas Assembles And Fires Rockets Without Detection

https://www.nairaland.com/1844519/how-hamas-assembles-fires-rockets

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/ndtv-exclusive-how-hamas-assembles-and-fires-rockets-571033

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/gaza-truce-begins-after-hamas-rocket-salvo-at-israel/332873?h_also_see
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by 50calibre(m): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
SirShymex:

Er, Obama doesn't really control America - both domestic and foreign policies. And sometimes, you just have to look at the guy's face when he's talking and feel sorry for him. He might have good intentions, but the Jewish "mafias" control all facets of America - and they dictate everything. Ever heard about AIPAC?

It's not even just America, to be honest...they also have leverage in a lot of Western countries.

Of corse I've heard of AIPAC, the big lobbyist group with huge donors.

True some things are beyond Obama's control, notwithstanding he's not completely powerless. This is his second term, he should have more leeway unlike his first term when he was at the mercy of the powers that be.

He's shown no willingness to at least tackle certain issues.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by nikolasx: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: Kudos Sayeeda... Israel is committing terroristic act in Gaza. the West is Watching.

#SayNoToOppressivePolicies #FreeGaza
#freedom 2 terrorism grin
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by datribune: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Elan83: my bro. Diz guys sayin al sorts of rubish shuld reason frm dia brains & ask demslfz y shld hamas continualy bulds tunnels frm dia plce 2 isrealite homes, hamas suffer more casualties because of a simpl reasons, [1] dey're usin dia citizens as shields while d isrealite're usin technlgies 4 protction, [2] hamas as a grup doesn't care about dia citizens,but dey're usin dia citizen 2 fght a propaganda war, coursin dia citizens 2 die hereby telin d wrld dat isreal are killin dia ppl, D fact remains dat any country dat can not protct its citizens is a failed country,, Hamas is a hrtlss & confuzed terorist orgnztion, i'm not tryin 2 condemn anyone but diz is my holistic view.

Dude, what is d root cause of d tunnels?. Were there tunnels b4 d land, air & sea blockade on gaza?. d tunnels are a result of d ingenuity of d Palestinians to find a way around d blockade. d tunnels ar primarily 4 survival reasons &.they ar d lifeline thru which supplies enter gaza. The tunnels exist not only to Israel but also to Egypt to bring in badly needed supplies. They hav been there 4 a long time & if d primary reason was to harm Israelis, how many Israelis hav been killed thru d tunnel activities?. I concede dat they may be used also 4 military purposes when there is need to as we hav now?. Who then will u blame 4 dis tunnels?. d survivalists or d racists dat grabbed their land & fenced them in wit a total blockade.
Hamas is democratically elected & cares about their citizens & d citizens care about them. Gazans ar totally united in their resistance to d occupation. The people ar focussed on d big picture - their liberation, that's why inspite of d losses they've suffered u do not see any demonstrations against hamas?. d demonstrations ar all against d occupation & wit their resolve just as it happened in apartheid south africa, dis people will be free. It is shameful dat u consider a people's inalienable right & genuine aspirantion & struggle 4 freedom as propaganda war. It is naive to equate & compare their militant struggle against a brutal, murderous, racist, apartheid & zionist nation to terrorism like d senseless BH.
It is also shameful dat u consider d pogrom dat we just witnessed by d land-grabbing settler-nation of Israel against d indigenous people of Palestine as self defense. It is nothing short of genocide & war crime. I ask u, if some terrorists are firing frm an apartment building housing civilians in central Tel Aviv will d Israelis bomb it knowing there ar civilians?. If they can't do it in Tel Aviv, why should they be allowed to do it in gaza?.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by porka: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
martyns303: Any sane human would take a stand against the genocide taking place in Gaza, has anyone seen what's happening there? Have u even bothered to look? It's terrible.

Too much Aljazeera viewing.

Oga, it is called war!

How else do you want it to be?

Wars are terrible.

They are not meant to be festivity.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by lordthunderbolt(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
martyns303: Any sane human would take a stand against the genocide taking place in Gaza, has anyone seen what's happening there? Have u even bothered to look? It's terrible.
people like you are sympathetic to idiots provoking giants and expecting a pat on the back...Hamas started they game and is real showed em how to play it.....For godsakes it is not Nigeria where you kidnap and murder their citizens and Hamas the fool never stopped there...He went ahead to shell isreal if you were the is realities. ..will you take it with a chill demeanor? Let those guys learn their lessons and very fast....mtcheeew
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
50calibre:

True some things are beyond Obama's control, notwithstanding he's not completely powerless. This is his second term, he should have more leeway unlike his first term when he was at the mercy of the powers that be.

Yes, a lot of Jews are also massive financial donors to politicians. People with Jewish ancestry have the highest number of billionaires per population - a lot of American, German, Polish, Russian, French, and British billionaires are Jews. He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

Also, it seems most of us are naive and we take the flowery words, eloquence, and articulation of these politicians seriously, rather than for face value. Most of them are just figure-heads for those who put them there, since all western countries have a certain path/doctrine they must adhere to. America's foreign policy, at the moment is controlled by Zbigniew Brzezinski's Grand Chessboard. And he can't really stray from that. However, that doesn't negate the fact that domestically, Obama has also been a failure. Even if I've not been following America's domestic politics of late, due to how fraudulent the whole thing is. I know the country's debts have doubled since Obama took over, and that means:he singlehandedly doubled the debts the country accumulated since independence - cray. And I also know the housing market in that country is dead - my aunt recently lost so much money on that.

Anyway, one thing I'll always give Obama, "Mr. Yes We Can," credit for, is that, he was able to touch so many people in 2008. That campaign coincided with when I started to develop interest in African/black history, and it kind of drew me into following international politics - and enlightenment. Without him, I probably wouldn't even know much today, apart from what's in the media. I can't even over-emphasise how Obama 2008 touched my life - and even my mates back then in uni. We're not even Americans, but seeing a black man contest in a Western country, especially the most powerful country in world, gave all of us hope - in the aspect of aiming higher than the sky. We followed his campaign and the election religiously. From watching Wolf Blitzer daily, to Anderson Cooper, to O'reilly factor, to Rachel Maddow's show, to Keith Olbermann's show, to everything on ABC. Heck, I bought his books: Dreams from my Father, and The Audacity of Hope.

These times, I get back from Uni everyday searching the web for what Roland Martin, Melissa Harris-Perry, Marc Lamont Hill and etc.have to say. And on the election night in 2008, it was a vigil - we were drinking all night, watching the projection on CNN. I'll never forget how Roland Martin was crying live on CNN, when Obama won. Heck, two of my boys also cried. And just seeing African Americans - young and old - shedding tears of joy touched me somewhere in Birmingham, UK. So, I'll never forget that, and how that moment inspired me to start aiming for the moon. He has let everyone down...but his election victory changed my life forever, and I'll forever be grateful to Barack Hussein Obama for what he added to my life in 2008. And 2008 was the year I started a complete turn-around in my lifegrin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by porka: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
50calibre:

Sorry o.

Your man is a she.

Sissies are only interested in the "things of the behind".

Plus, empowering his "secret" friends anywhere and everywhere they can be empowered.

They've been slaughtering his own men with the arms he passed on to them, the latest happened few hours ago in Afghanistan. It was his ambassador previously.

The whole world is in disarray right now.

Formerly stable and thriving countries are all in ruins.

That's why anyone who can stand-up to his friends, Israel et al, are doing so.

His 'secret' friends are all emboldened, look at the BH here.

They are in a desperate rush to conquer as much territory as they can till 2016 when their friend will stand down.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by porka: 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
SirShymex:

Yes, a lot of Jews are also massive financial donors to politicians. People with Jewish ancestry have the highest number of billionaires per population - a lot of American, German, Polish, Russian, French, and British billionaires are Jews. He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

Also, it seems most of us are naive and we take the flowery words, eloquence, and articulation of these politicians seriously, rather than for face value. Most of them are just figure-heads for those who put them there, since all western countries have a certain path/doctrine they must adhere to. America's foreign policy, at the moment is controlled by Zbigniew Brzezinski's Grand Chessboard. And he can't really stray from that. However, that doesn't negate the fact that domestically, Obama has also been a failure. Even if I've not been following America's domestic politics of late, due to how fraudulent the whole thing is. I know the country's debts have doubled since Obama took over, and that means:he singlehandedly doubled the debts the country accumulated since independence - cray. And I also know the housing market in that country is dead - my aunt recently lost so much money on that.

Anyway, one thing I'll always give Obama, "Mr. Yes We Can," credit for, is that, he was able to touch so many people in 2008. That campaign coincided with when I started to develop interest in African/black history, and it kind of drew me into following international politics - and enlightenment. Without him, I probably wouldn't even know much today, apart from what's in the media. I can't even over-emphasise how Obama 2008 touched my life - and even my mates back then in uni. We're not even Americans, but seeing a black man contest in a Western country, especially the most powerful country in world, gave all of us hope - in the aspect of aiming higher than the sky. We followed his campaign and the election religiously. From watching Wolf Blitzer daily, to Anderson Cooper, to O'reilly factor, to Rachel Maddow's show, to Keith Olbermann's show, to everything on ABC. Heck, I bought his books: Dreams from my Father, and The Audacity of Hope.

These times, I get back from Uni everyday searching the web for what Roland Martin, Melissa Harris-Perry, Marc Lamont Hill and etc.have to say. And on the election night in 2008, it was a vigil - we were drinking all night, watching the projection on CNN. I'll never forget how Roland Martin was crying live on CNN, when Obama won. Heck, two of my boys also cried. And just seeing African Americans - young and old - shedding tears of joy touched me somewhere in Birmingham, UK. So, I'll never forget that, and how that moment inspired me to start aiming for the moon. He has let everyone down...but his election victory changed my life forever, and I'll forever be grateful to Barack Hussein Obama for what he added to my life in 2008. And 2008 was the year I started a complete turn-around in my lifegrin

Africans!

We are the emotional ones.

Never seeking to get to the root of anything before celebrating or crying.

Even if the celebration will last just a moment.

Even when Barack Hussein Obama was not properly vetted by the ever powerful American media due to his skin colour.

Even if he was the "padded" to the position because of 'positive discrimination'.

How do you get motivated by such antecedent?

How would anyone not anticipate the 'let down'?

Are you happy the way the world is now?

Oya, reach for the MOON now and let's see you at No 10 already.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
porka:
Africans!

We are the emotional ones.

Never seeking to get to the root of anything before celebrating or crying.

Even if the celebration will last just a moment.

Even when Barack Hussein Obama was not properly vetted by the ever powerful American media due to his skin colour.

Even if he was the "padded" to the position because of 'positive discrimination'.

How do you get motivated by such antecedent?

How would anyone not anticipate the 'let down'?

Are you happy the way the world is now?

Oya, reach for the MOON now and let's see you at No 10 already.

Honestly, I don't know what you're on about. My experience isn't African-African, it's Black-British/Afro-pean - just like the friends I alluded to. The experience is also somewhat similar to the African American experience. You wouldn't understand unless you're from the same experience where positive role models are non-existent, and seeing someone like Obama all over the media with his supreme eloquence and articulation changed a lot of people's lives. That was what I was alluding to. At the end of the day, I know what my mentality was before 2008 - and how rowdy I used to be. And I know where I would've ended up if I had continued on that path. Also, even if I were to take Obama out of the significance of 2008 to me, I'll never forget how the whole election campaign made me discover Marc Lamont Hill - a guy I somewhat modelled my life after for while, before I created my own niche. So, I'll always be grateful to the chain of events that happened during that period.

Furthermore, I also alluded to how ignorant I was back then...and the only thing I cared about was the blackness of his skin. Hence in hindsight, I feel somewhat betrayed by falling for the dream(which later became a nightmare) he sold to everyone about changing the world, and the reset button. And do I still rate Obama? - ABSOLUTELY NOT! I stopped taking him seriously in 2010. regardless, 2008 will always be dear to my heart.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by 50calibre(m): 12:14am On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Sure! There are powerful people pulling strings from behind the scenes, (not just peculiar to the US) but at the end of the day, it's a democratic society and no one wields absolute power.

I think the POTUS is a little more than a figure head, as we can see various presidents perform differently, some more effective than the other. Leadership requires diplomacy as well as strength and authority, every elected leader has certain constitutional rights which they can choose to exercise or not. That's why today's world lacks any real leaders (apart from the likes of Putin) because most have been reduced to mere stooges.

Notwithstanding, if Obama is able to impose higher taxes on the rich, force through Obamacare and gun controls against powerful influences, then perhaps what's holding him is himself. America's policy towards Israel is considered untouchable, till someone touches it.

The fact remains that Obama has been very ineffective on different levels, at times choosing to pursue trivialities instead.

Obama's 2008 election represented so much hope to minorities, the energy surround it was just insane, i remember a young jeezy record i used to play then, seeing racists seethe with anger was so refreshing. I first came to know of Obama in 07 from a magazine, and followed him right up to his election, I saw his debates with Hilary Clinton, Mc Cain, his speeches, election and inauguration but as with all politicians, they soon realise most things are easier said than done.

Lets see who takes over in 2016.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by delishpot: 12:25am On Aug 06, 2014
coogar:

it seems your cereberrum & your thalamus has swapped places in your cranium. who is saying israel shouldn't retaliate when fired upon? we are saying israel shouldn't target civilians. UK/USA will not deliberately target civilians even if their civilians are fired at.

sometimes i think you little kids should stay off the internet & go to the local library and read. you are supporting the mass murder of innocent women & children on a public forum. you are a disgrace to the village that took part in contributing to your half-baked education.

I am no pro here but I believe it works this way.
The missile fire is targeted at where ever a missile was shot from.
Let me use this example.
Madam A throws trash from her back yard to madam Bs compound, madam B picks it and throws directly at madam As compound exactly where she threw it from o. Not from front and or side but exactly the point she threw it from.
There are techs that can detect coordinates of where a missile was fired from and then a response can be sent targeting the exact spot by the other party.
Now, if you go to a school and set up a place where you can fire missile into another man's land, and he finds out the coordinates and fires back at the exact spot and then kills kids, who is at fault? We do not expect Isreal to walk into pallestine and ask the kids to leave so they can face hamas one on one abi?
What the world is saying is this, hamas should stop using pallestinians as human Shields. Do not fire weapons at Isreal from schools, homes, hospitals, and other places where you know that if Isreal responds back with another missile in response to yours, your own people will die.
See how power tussle is wasting lives? The poor people there who do not want this war, have no say in it. God knows if Hamas wheel in their missile launchers to a mosque full of women and children, the poor citizens don't dare challenge them. It's like if boko Harem captures Chibok and then wants to launch an attack from there to Abuja, will Chibok people have mouth to say no?
Hamas is in power and thus they have the final say just as for now Goodluck has power and can command his soldiers to operate from any site and declare state of emergency and no one will make any noise esp if he was a dictator like hamas.

Talking from what I heard and read o. I am not in Gaza and can't give 100% acct of what is really happening there. Same with 90%or more of us here on nairaland.
Make una nor chop me raw o. I no support any side. I am on the side of innocent civilians dying due to this war.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2014
50calibre:
Sure! There are powerful people pulling strings from behind the scenes, (not just peculiar to the US) but at the end of the day, it's a democratic society and no one wields absolute power.

I think the POTUS is a little more than a figure head, as we can see various presidents perform differently, some more effective than the other. Leadership requires diplomacy as well as strength and authority, every elected leader has certain constitutional rights which they can choose to exercise or not. That's why today's world lacks any real leaders (apart from the likes of Putin) because most have been reduced to mere stooges.

Notwithstanding, if Obama is able to impose higher taxes on the rich, force through Obamacare and gun controls against powerful influences, then perhaps what's holding him is himself. America's policy towards Israel is considered untouchable, till someone touches it.

The fact remains that Obama has been very ineffective on different levels, at times choosing to pursue trivialities instead.

Obama's 2008 election represented so much hope to minorities, the energy surround it was just insane, i remember a young jeezy record i used to play then, seeing racists seethe with anger was so refreshing. I first came to know of Obama in 07 from a magazine, and followed him right up to his election, I saw his debates with Hilary Clinton, Mc Cain, his speeches, election and inauguration but as with all politicians, they soon realise most things are easier said than done.

Lets see who takes over in 2016.

Yes, in western societies where there's a balance between capitalism and people oriented policies - the people wield some power. However, in a country like America, where only extreme capitalism thrives, and with how powerful the media is - it's a winner takes all mentality. Coupled with the divide. The highest bidder will always hold sway about 9 out of 10 times - the dollar dictates the tone. The power of the dollar is the American dream. That's why the interests of the plutocrats and banksters will always be protected.

Also, most times international politics is defined by a script with interests as the premise, and most western leaders have no say. They just have to keep following that script, unless there's a hiccup that requires a change in tactics - to avoid defeat/embarrassment.

Anyway, I don't think I can say much about America's domestic politics right now - I stopped following it time ago. However, I would say all the things you listed are more or less wishful thinking, especially higher taxes on the rich, and guns control. Yanks love their guns and you should see how the sales of AK47 soared two weeks ago after Obama sanctioned Russia. These folks love their guns.

Yes, Obama did his thing during that election campaign, and vying for that position against a cyborg like McCain and a perpetual airhead like Sarah Palin, kind of made him a more desired choice. And most young folks and hip-hop genration could relate to him. Also, the timing played a role as well, after Dubya destroyed the planet, with utter. However, Dubya looks like Einstein compared to Obama now.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Vivipop(f): 12:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Wow! I can't believe I read through this thread from page 1 to 11. This thread is really enlightening,i've really learned a lot from great minds on this forum. Though I'v deprived myself enough sleep today,I have no regrets.
As for the topic, whatever I may say will never have any effect on the Genocide/war going on in Gaza,I can only hope for justice/peace for the sake of humanity.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by footreja: 1:10am On Aug 06, 2014
Oklander: Tor

Browser? Do you have rdp and other tools?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by say4gunit(m): 1:18am On Aug 06, 2014
fairheven:
And wt do say to ASSAD that has been using chemical weapon on the Syrian people?haven't seen u condemn him for once,so how do u reconcile ur outburst?
I see no difference between Bashar al-Assad and Benjamin Netanyahu in the present indiscriminate shelling and bombing of civilians in Gaza, (glad to know that Israel hasn’t used phosphorous in their shells/bombs this time around). So why hasn’t the Israeli government been even a little of the condemnation that Syria receives for it’s indiscriminate bombing tactics, much of it with little or no warning.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: Kudos Sayeeda... Israel is committing terroristic act in Gaza. the West is Watching.

#SayNoToOppressivePolicies #FreeGaza

and where have you been since? Pakistan, Lebanon, Iraq (Mosul), Syria, Afghanistan, Somalia, CAR... did you just realize oppressive policies began last night?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by 50calibre(m): 3:13am On Aug 06, 2014
porka:

Sorry o.

Your man is a she.

Sissies are only interested in the "things of the behind".

Plus, empowering his "secret" friends anywhere and everywhere they can be empowered.

They've been slaughtering his own men with the arms he passed on to them, the latest happened few hours ago in Afghanistan. It was his ambassador previously.

The whole world is in disarray right now.

Formerly stable and thriving countries are all in ruins.

That's why anyone who can stand-up to his friends, Israel et al, are doing so.

His 'secret' friends are all emboldened, look at the BH here.

They are in a desperate rush to conquer as much territory as they can till 2016 when their friend will stand down.

Looool
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by laoma15(m): 3:29am On Aug 06, 2014
Person pass you, you say na small. You wan buy the small age for market? It's obvious that Israel is no match for Hamas and it's high time they realized that war can never be won by act of terrorism. Hamas should recognize Israel as a sovereign state. There is no two way about it. Israel has come to stay. Hamas should pursue a more diplomatic means of agitating for Palestinian state. Another alternative is for the people of Palestinian to move to Jordan. That's where there fellow folks are. They should stop provoking Israel to war. War has no mercy. Let peace reign! It's better to jaw jaw than to war war.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by cleric(m): 5:16am On Aug 06, 2014
barcanista: What has civilians got to do with the actions of Militants? Why not hunt down the militants?and Who is a terrorist?
If civilians support a movement,hide and allows themselves to be used as human shields, then they deserve to die. Do you see how these 'civilians' jubilate when Hamas kills innocent Israeli civilians? Why not tell Hamas to target Israeli military bases instead of isreal's civilian population? Please when asking silly questions to one party, try to apply same questions to all parties concerned. Like I mentioned earlier, if one party takes an offensive, a retaliation of greater magnitude should be meted out. And by the way, those civilians were not Israeli targets, they were casualties of war unlike what your Hamas is doing by intentionally targeting civilians only. Perhaps when one of your family members who goes to study gets killed by a terrorist organisation in the name of making a statement, you will understand what it means to take a stand.
Please, enough said on sentimental comments.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ayobase(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex:

Er, let's just accept for the sake of it that Hamas actually kidnapped those Israeli kids and killed them, the same way Israel kills Palestinian kids by "mistake" all the time. There's something called measured response in international law, and certain places should never be targeted in a war, especially places designated as UN zones.

So basically, Israel should have gone after Hamas - not bombing the whole country back to the stone age while killing 450 innocent children. They've got drones and the IDF knows where most Hamas members are, since a lot of Mossad operatives have direct communication links with the top echelon of the group.

Hamas failed in so many ways.

they would have put in place sound defensive/protective measures before launching attack......and they also should have stopped the attack due to the loss......they disobeyed the ceasefire also..

Isreal didnt fail in this regard, or else they would have suffered more casualties than Gaza's.......Isreal also should have kept defending to maintain no loss of lives

Isreal leaders should be charged and sanctioned. and if found guilty. ....Saddam Hussein's style is it.

I dont like arguing much about politics cos the more I think to know, the more I drift away from facts.......they know best........Civilians have always been the casualties of politicians vices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Israel Strikes Near Damascus For Second Time This Week, Syria Says(Pics) / Huge Explosion Hits Shia Mosque In Afghanistan, 32 Killed / Russia Wants Ukraine War To End, The Sooner The Better - Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.