Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy (31479 Views)

Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Ukarainan Prime Minister Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Lucasbalo(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
wellmax: That is a country where people stand for something and not for what they are to benefit from being in government.
Right on target. Unlike some nameless country where every government officials and politicians are stealing the people dry.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by careema(f): 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Gorrbachev:

if i start posting pictures of what fulani are doing in Plateau, kaduna and Benue you will log off.

this guy puts it correctly.

"Her resignation has nothing about morality or conscience,this is a just a typical british muslim that feels the only people who are truly her brethren are other muslims who are on the other side of the world who she has never met and would never meet and ofcourse the covert antisemitism .She didn't resign over bedroom tax,she didn't resign or over any issue in britain or issues of muslim intolerance against non muslims ,or the british relation with pakistan and continued persecution of ahmadiyyas and non muslims by muslims in pakistan but put israel in the equation and she has a conscience."

anything you tell yourself to sleep at night
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by jumzzy448: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
It's now I know most nairalanders are maddd. We always let religion or tribe becloud our sense of reasoning. I'm very sure that if Palestine was a christian dominated country, most of you won't write this thrash. You people are just heartless and senseless.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ayobase(m): 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
SirShymex:

Let's just accept for the sake of it that Hamas is a terrorist organisation, despite the fact that it's the political voice of the Gaza strip.

So, who created Hamas in the first place? Let's start from here.

isreal.

any organization or party can be hijacked for selfish purpose(s)
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
You just won my heart Baronness,now i know you are not munafeeq.
BedLam: UK Foreign Office minister Baroness Sayeeda Warsi has resigned from government, saying she can "no longer support" its policy on Gaza.

She told her Twitter followers that she was leaving with "deep regret". She was previously chairman of the Conservative Party.

http://rt.com/uk/178036-uk-minister-resigns-gaza/

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/foreign-office-minister-resigns-over-gaza-policy

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/foreign-office-minister-warsi-resigns-over-uk-governments-gaza-policy.1407227031
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Lucasbalo(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
SirShymex:

I'm loving the bold.

These folks don't read. Uganda was actually the first choice for an Israeli state, then Latin America - before they were settled in Palestine. The Brits cancelled the Ugandan idea after receiving intel that the Jews were planning to colonise East Africa - and most of East Africa was under the British Empire then. Heck, Israel started off a terrorist state by bombing King David Hotel, the secretariat of British administration and military in Palestine, in 1946.

Anyway, MOSSAD is active in Nigeria and soon they'll unleash terror with false flags everywhere on the cBuddy,ountry.

Buddy, good one from you. A lot of this guys spewing all that crap don't understand the history of the country of isreal. As bad as Hamas is, isreal is not a saint in this matter two. The problem is the right wing hawks ruling isreal is bent on exterminating the Palestininans due to their hatred of Arabs and plain bigotry. Been to isreal 4 times, you won't believe how prejudice they are to blacks and even isreal arabs that lives in Jerusalem. Both sides are very guilty of human rights violation in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by synergycom19: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ibnsultan: She stood for morality.
What stupid morality?What about the barbaric bkilling of minority christian in in Iraq

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
You are ignorant,would u fold arms and watch while your people get killed and their homes taken from them,You Nigerians are just fools,Isreal is the one losing cos all those dying in palestine heaven is sure for them and the remaining ones will continue fighting,its called resistance not terrorism,until their land is given back to them.Isreal is nothing,Allah will reduce them to bits by wasting their money on weapons
sbaks: Hamas!!! Leave israel alone!!! They are not people to be TOYED with. Palestine!! Better call hamas to order! They are only using you to defend themselves!! A word they say is enough for the wise
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by san316(m): 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Atleast, regardless of what everyone thinks, she recognized the double standard. Despite what she may stand to lose, she decided to stand for what she feels is just. People like these are rare. Even 4 just d principle she stood by, she's still a better human than many.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: Well i don't support oppression. Not because of religion. I wasn't brought up to support mass killing
the one in Syria?
Anyway, since "Ayobase" has taken a hike like all these idi.otic religious wingnuts always do after making asinine statements they can't back up with proofs. Just garbage-in, garbage-out, from useless propaganda. I'll post the history of Hamas here.

Hamas was actually created and funded in 1987 by Israel, for divide and conquer, to fight against PLO and Arafat. And also to divide Palestine into two - with PLO/Fatah in West Bank - and Hamas in the Gaza strip. Heck, Hamas also fought a brutal war with Fatah/PLO. And even the current Israeli government of Netanyahu also funds Hamas.

The beginning of Hamas:

Speaking in Jerusalem Dec. 20, U.S. Ambassador to Israel Daniel Kurtzer made the connection between the growth of the Islamic fundamentalist groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad, and Israel's promotion of the Islamic movement as a counter to the Palestinian nationalist movement. Kurtzer's comments come very close to EIR's own presentation of the evidence of Israel's instrumental role in establishing Hamas, and its ongoing control of that organization.

Kurtzer said that the growth of the Islamic movement in the Palestinian territories in recent decades—"with the tacit support of Israel"—was "not totally unrelated" to the emergence of Hamas and Islamic Jihad and their terrorist attacks against Israel. Kurtzer explained that during the 1980s, when the Islamic movement began to flourish in the West Bank and Gaza, "Israel perceived it to be better to have people turning toward religion rather than toward a nationalistic cause [the Palestinian Liberation Organization—ed.]." It therefore did little to stop the flow of money to mosques and other religious institutions, rather than to schools.

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2002/2902isr_hamas.html

And former Israeli PM, Ehud Olmert accuse Netanyahu of deliberately strengthening Hamas:

Former prime minister Ehud Olmert on Sunday accused Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu of deliberately strengthening Hamas in order to convince the Israeli public that there is no Palestinian partner for peace. Olmert's comments came after PA President Mahmoud Abbas made a rare verbal concession to Israel, saying he had no permanent claim on the town from which he left as a child during the War of Independence in 1948, in an interview with Channel 2.

"The government has taken steps to strengthen Hamas and to weaken the PA, headed by Mahmoud Abbas, an organization which espouses non-violence and negotiations for peace," Olmert said. "This kind of policy towards the only possible peace partner between us and the Palestinians is irresponsible and harms the vital interests of the State of Israel. The interviews that Abbas gave in recent days are proof to the Israeli public that we have somebody to talk to in order to end this bloody conflict between our nations, which has lasted far too long."

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Olmert-PM-strengthening-Hamas-to-deceive-Israelis

Even if you're going to play the double game of divide and conquer, to achieve your aim of destroying any hopes of a Palestinian state - why kill defenseless women and children for that?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
uplawal: You are ignorant,would u fold arms and watch while your people get killed and their homes taken from them,You Nigerians are just fools,Isreal is the one losing cos all those dying in palestine heaven is sure for them and the remaining ones will continue fighting,its called resistance not terrorism,until their land is given back to them.Isreal is nothing,Allah will reduce them to bits by wasting their money on weapons
hahahah...my ribs!
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
ayobase:
isreal.

any organization or party can be hijacked for selfish purpose(s)

So, Israel created Hamas, funded the same organisation to divide Palestine into two - and to destroy Arafat. And it still funds the same organisation. Then, why is the same country now killing defenseless women and children for the monster it created, if it's not for genocide and to systematically take over all Palestinian land?

Also, when Hamas was doing Israeli bid, fighting fellow Palestinians in the West Bank - it wasn't a terrorist organisation then, no?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by kobonaire(m): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
cheruv: as an Indian she's making noise... to hell with her!!
TheProdigy: So She'll make sense were she to be a Briton?
Britain is multi-ethnic .... just like Nigeria is
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by deebrain(m): 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hamas started all this rubbish.

See am now....

angry
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

in the punditry of foreign currency, your intelligence at best would be the zimbabwean dollar & that's me being charitable.

you have somehow stüpidly concluded i am concluded i am a babymama - it just shows how irritatingly simple your mind functions. it's not your fault though - nigeria has been producing half baked graduates since 1965.
Finish?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lucasbalo: Buddy, good one from you. A lot of this guys spewing all that crap don't understand the history of the country of isreal. As bad as Hamas is, isreal is not a saint in this matter two. The problem is the right wing hawks ruling isreal is bent on exterminating the Palestininans due to their hatred of Arabs and plain bigotry. Been to isreal 4 times, you won't believe how prejudice they are to blacks and even isreal arabs that lives in Jerusalem. Both sides are very guilty of human rights violation in my opinion.

I see you. brother.

It's just painful to see these people living under devilish blockade with absolutely nothing functioning for them. Yet every time they try to build something small to thrive a bit, Israel goes over to bomb everything while killing children and women. For what purpose?

Apartheid South Africa never even had it this bad. And these people don't even deserve this treatment - they're human as well. Also, all they're asking for is a two-state - and to have a country on their homeland that they can be proud of. They aren't even denying Israel's existence.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
ferdimako:
the one in Syria?
Have you seen my position on syria?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Lucasbalo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
cheruv:
on point man...
that's why I'd say what I said before... to hell with her!!
Your Israel is nothing without the military and financial aid of the US which has run into hundreds of billions of dollars since the formation of the state of isreal. As evil as Hamas is, isreal with all their indiscriminate bombing of UN buildings and shelters doesn't help their course. The foremost Jewish lobbying group here (AIPAC) AMERICA ISREAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTE. is hushiing up the few politicians here who wants to criticize their indiscriminate bombing of babies and old women in shelters and not excluding hospitals. Even in war, there is a rule of engagement. Dont come on nairaland and make isreal look like a saint.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
synergycom19:
What stupid morality?What about the barbaric bkilling of minority christian in in Iraq
Tell that to the yankees who created ISIS in the first place
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by toprealman: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
She won't be missed in any way or form. Why didn't she resign over the massacre going on in Iraq perpetrated but the Muslim terrorist group called ISIS?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
toprealman: She won't be missed in any way or form. Why didn't she resign over the massacre going on in Iraq perpetrated but the Muslim terrorist group called ISIS?

Well, the Tories think otherwise.

Cameron isn't coming back - more sins on his head.

And what's the correlation between whatever an ISIS created by the West in Syria got to do with the people of Palestine? So because Boko Haram and Al Shabaab are causing havoc everywhere, black people in Botswana for example need to suffer for that, no?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: Committing Terroristic act...

Your English Language Teacher must have been infected with ebola.

#Nonsense
You have too much time on your hands, apparently.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ooshinibos: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: Kudos Sayeeda... Israel is committing terroristic act in Gaza. the West is Watching.

#SayNoToOppressivePolicies #FreeGaza

Please tell your fellow muslims in Palestine to stop shooting rockets into israel ..and the war will stop ...its a shame people dont see when Palestinians kidnapped 3 israelis non combatant teenagers and killed them in cold blood 2 months ago , if the palestianians did not do this act, there will be no war at the moment ..

tell the weak ones not to shoot into a strong mans house .. Israelis are not NIGERIANs , and they have the right to protect themselves from Palestian terrorist, it so simple ,it will take a wicked man not to get it

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Joe88(m): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
I give her so much respect. This is the kind of morality Nigerian politicians or public office holders should inculcate. If your manifesto or belief is not in tandem with 'orders from above', speak out or get out! it dignifies you.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Lucasbalo(m): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
SirShymex:

I see you. brother.

It's just painful to see these people living under devilish blockade with absolutely nothing functioning for them. Yet every time they try to build something small to thrive a bit, Israel goes over to bomb everything while killing children and women. For what purpose?

Apartheid South Africa never even had it this bad. And these people don't even deserve this treatment - they're human as well. Also, all they're asking for is a two-state - and to have a country on their homeland that they can be proud of. They aren't even denying Israel's existence.
Benjamin Netanyahu is a covert bigot. He has a deep rooted hatred of Arabs and he formed his government with this open anti Arabs parties like the one his foreign minister belongs to. Been to Israel few times because my firm has an office in Tel Aviv, you won't believe how they treat their own isreali arab citizens. All this people congratuting isreal will be surprised how they will be treated like human debris if they migrate there and their visas expired. Nothing against the state of isreal but this right wing nut nentanyahu is no good for the future of isreal. The stigma of this palestinian little children being blown to pieces will increase more haterd for isreal for generations to come from the crazy fanatical muslims all over the globe. How do that help the state of isreal to live in peace which they want?.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
ooshinibos:

Please tell your fellow muslims in Palestine to stop shooting rockets into israel ..and the war will stop ...its a shame people dont see when Palestinians kidnapped 3 israelis non combatant teenagers and killed them in cold blood 2 months ago , if the palestianians did not do this act, there will be no war at the moment ..

tell the weak ones not to shoot into a strong mans house .. Israelis are not NIGERIANs , and they have the right to protect themselves from Palestian terrorist, it so simple ,it will take a wicked man not to get it
another Ignoramous thinking evryone against Israel's terrorism is a muslim. Maybe the pope is also a muslim.

fish brain

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nihilist: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
The Jews and the Arabs really need to wipe themselves out to the last man. That would be a fitting end to the slave raiding bastards who enslaved so many niggers physically and mentally.

The Gaza war must continue for that purpose.

That being said, I do believe that there is definitely a secret side to this conflict that very few might be aware of.

Over the last two thousand years, the Assyrians, Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persians, Turks, English, French, the Catholic Church, Arabs and Jews have fought over these very lands.

I do believe that there is a hidden prize buried deep within Jerusalem and the surrounding areas, a hidden prize that many Great Civilisations have fought to find and possess. I just don't know what it is.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Blockus: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2014
cheruv:
I love your type grin grin
before 1964,there was no Palestinian nation. in Palestine then before the reestablishment of Israel, there were only two groups.. Arabs and Palestinians(Jews).
anyway since you as achmedinejad's protégé wants to wipe off Israel, I suggest you get yourself an avtomatov Kalashnikova and while you're at that, lemme offer some historical tips to aid you...
1947-49=>the Jewish state is invaded by 7 nations viz Kemet(Egypt), Yarden(Jordan), Siria,Irak,Saudi Arabia,Lebanon and Yemen. Israel not only defeated them but occupied their lands.after the war in 1949,the US forced Israel to give up those areas outside mandate Palestine.
1967=>Israeli forces squared against 3 of its neighbours Kemet, yarden and siria which it defeated via a combo of stunning offensives and excellent manoeuvres. the present peace process is hinged on Israeli return of lands it gained as a result of its victory in this war
1973=>Kemet and Siria launched a war on Israel's holiest day and almost succeeded in knocking out Israel in the first week of the war in their bid to return lands lost in '67.Israel recovered from the shock and countered..ending the war on a victorious note
by '79,Kemet already humiliated and worn out from wars with Israel signed a peace treaty with the Jewish state while Yarden followed suit 15yrs later.no need going further kos by now you've your AKM cheesy
board the plane and start your mission of wiping Israel off the map cheesy cheesy

[b]Cynicism ignored..

Back to the topic at hand.

I find it really interesting that you chose to start your history lesson from 1967 with a cursory brush through the 1947 conflict. grin

Between November 29, 1947, and January 1, 1949, Israel banished, depopulated and destroyed about 531 Palestinian villages and towns, killing over 13,000 Palestines and expelling another 750,000 or so which made up approximately half the population of Palestine.

UN General Assembly resolution 181, adopted on November 29, 1947, was designed to divide Palestine between the indigenous inhabitants of the land and the recently homeless European colonists who arrived seeking to occupy and exploit Palestine and create an exclusive Jewish homeland. Remember that the Jews were just coming off the back of the holocaust of 1941 - 1945.

Under this UN resolution, Exiled European Jews were granted more than fifty six per cent of historical Palestine and the native Palestinians, who owned ninety three per cent of the territory, were offered less than forty four percent of their own land.

For me I am not interested in the Zionist Propaganda. You said before 1964 there was no Palestine Nation, I agree.. But there were Palestines on Palestinian Land before 1967. Its like Someone saying there was no Nigeria before 1960 and that person would be right, but just cause there was no Nigeria before 1960 does not mean there were no Nigerians in existence then living and identified under a different Name or identity.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lucasbalo: Benjamin Netanyahu is a covert bigot. He has a deep rooted hatred of Arabs and he formed his government with this open anti Arabs parties like the one his foreign minister belongs to. Been to Israel few times because my firm has an office in Tel Aviv, you won't believe how they treat their own isreali arab citizens. All this people congratuting isreal will be surprised how they will be treated like human debris if they migrate there and their visas expired. Nothing against the state of isreal but this right wing nut nentanyahu is no good for the future of isreal. The stigma of this palestinian little children being blown to pieces will increase more haterd for isreal for generations to come from the crazy fanatical muslims all over the globe. How do that help the state of isreal to live in peace which they want?.

These folks don't even hate Arabs the way they hate black people. Arab Jews still have it better out there than the Ethiopian(black Jews) Jews. I don't even think they have given recognition to the black ones because most of them are locked down in the most rundown part of Israel - cut off from everywhere else like a plague.

Well, US military aids that run into billions of dollars isn't going to be there forever. History has also shown that you can't oppress people forever - they'll always fight back. And these people will fight back the right way one day and become victorious. Just like all the oppressed folks before them. It's 2014, not 1814, yet people are still supporting this madness because of an ISrael in the bible that has absolutely nothing to do with today's Israel. Heck, today's Israelis don't even believe in Jesus and whatever Christianity is about. Telling a Rabbi about Jesus might even be a suicide mission. grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Daresh(f): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
50calibre:

Let me guess..... You're a Christian and most of your opinions on Israel are formed based on what your bible tells you?

Well below are some of hitler's quotes about Jews

“...the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew.”

“. . . the discovery of the Jewish virus is one of the greatest revolutions that has taken place in the world. The battle in which we are engaged today is of the same sort as the battle waged, during the last century, by Pasteur and Koch. How many diseases have their origin in the Jewish virus! ... We shall regain our health only be eliminating the Jew.”

“The internal expurgation of the Jewish spirit is not possible in any platonic way. For the Jewish spirit is the product of the Jewish person. Unless we expel the Jewish people. Unless we expel the Jewish people soon, they will have judaized our people within a very short time.”

You make it sound like his hatred of the Jews was just basic, it wasn't. It was based on various factors, the least being greed and the inherent nature of the Jewish to want to dominate and control anywhere they find themselves, at the expense of others.

Israeli actions against Palestine is counterproductive to their wish for peaceful existence. That's because they don't just seek their right to live, they seek to dominate and oppress everyone around them. They do it everywhere you look in the world today.

Close your bible and speak realistically on contemporary events, not millennium-old tales from a bible.

And you quote Hitler like you dont know he was insane.

If you support his killing of million, not just Jews in the belief that they were evil then you have lost the basis for condemn the Jews in destroying Palestine.

Yes I am a Christian but I do not blindly following anything. If Palestinians choose to use their citizens to shield their military installations then Israel has to go through them. Will I say because I dont want to hurt children I should let themm destroy me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Massive Explosion In Milan, Many Cars On Fire / North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile From Submarine Towards Japan( Pix, Video) / Photos Egypt Palm Sunday Explosion That Killed 37 & Injuring 95

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.