Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (39080 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by ayukdaboss(m): 12:32am On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02:

Are you Yoruba? undecided
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Love nwantinti...ije mu na love na ofodulu nwantinti....lol
I am just singing oooo
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Tonylyte(m): 1:39am On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02: Agberos like Emeka Anyaoku, Ben Enweonwu, Obi Achebe, Okagbue family,The Agbakoba family of Lawyers, Philip Emeagwali, Great Zik of Africa to mention but few
Even your miserable father will long to be a security man for an Onitsha man.
Imagine a niger delta lazy punk calling an onitsha man lazy lol
anyway i understand your self defense because you've been put in the thrash can where you belong.

Are u still crying here with your likes? You and your likes can cry and bleed blood, it wount change the fact that the onitsha indigienes are aliens.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 1:54am On Aug 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nnaa,the ogbolo don waka tear race but I dey here dey wait make im return.

onabago ka ojee restia in peace

ya ndo
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by room089: 1:55am On Aug 08, 2014
@ Peppyluv

Yes I agree with you: Onitsha is very big and congested; more congested than Nnewi. But often its 'bigness' is often over-rated. People do mistake some of its neighbouring towns as part of Onitsha town. Some mistake some parts of Nkpor, Ogbaru and its neighbouring towns to Onitsha.
Awada is in Obosi not in Onitsha. Greater parts of Onitsha GRA is in Nkwelle-Ezukala. Where FGGC is located is on Ogidi land. These are some of the misconceptions people have about Onitsha which need to be corrected.
What I don't understand is why would our government say it's going to site a project in Onitsha when in essence the project won't be sited in Onitsha but in a neighbouring town. What stops it from saying that the project will be sited in Nsugbe or any other place than this rationale lie.
If ANIDS is truly committed to its course of developping every sector simultaneously, I think it's high time they started to readdress such issues. If such issues are not properly handled, it may be a big problem to posterity.
Some classical examples of such lies are as follows:
Purity FM, Awka - In reality this radio station is not in Awka but in Mgbakwu.
NTA Awka - This television station is is Enugwu-Agidi not in Awka.
NOUN study-centre,Awka - The centre is in Abagana not in Awka.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Yeske2(m): 2:16am On Aug 08, 2014
room089: @ Peppyluv

Yes I agree with you: Onitsha is very big and congested; more congested than Nnewi. But often its 'bigness' is often over-rated. People do mistake some of its neighbouring towns as part of Onitsha town. Some mistake some parts of Nkpor, Ogbaru and its neighbouring towns to Onitsha.
Awada is in Obosi not in Onitsha. Greater parts of Onitsha GRA is in Nkwelle-Ezukala. Where FGGC is located is on Ogidi land. These are some of the misconceptions people have about Onitsha which need to be corrected.
What I don't understand is why would our government say it's going to site a project in Onitsha when in essence the project won't be sited in Onitsha but in a neighbouring town. What stops it from saying that the project will be sited in Nsugbe or any other place than this rationale lie.
If ANIDS is truly committed to its course of developping every sector simultaneously, I think it's high time they started to readdress such issues. If such issues are not properly handled, it may be a big problem to posterity.
You are making a mistake here, from your assertion Agege, Ikeja, Oshodi in Lagos wouldn't be Lagos but Lagos state and Lagos city restricted to only the island. Onitsha is a metropolis comprising areas like Onitsha, Ogidi, Nkpor, Awada Obosi, Oba,Ogbunike(partly), 3-3,Nsugbe, Atani road Ogbaru, Okpoko etc. Remember that Onitsha township is just enu-onicha, Fegge, Woliwo, Odeakpu, GRA, Omagba and housing estate 3-3 all within Onitsha north and south LGA. Nkpor or even Awada are far bigger than the two LGAs.So we are talking about a metropolis here and these outlining areas are where the bulk of the population lives. Same for Lagos or Abuja or any other big city.

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by redsquare(m): 2:54am On Aug 08, 2014
Yeske2: You are making a mistake here, from your assertion Agege, Ikeja, Oshodi in Lagos wouldn't be Lagos but Lagos state and Lagos city restricted to only the island. Onitsha is a metropolis comprising areas like Onitsha, Ogidi, Nkpor, Awada Obosi, Oba,Ogbunike(partly), 3-3,Nsugbe, Atani road Ogbaru, Okpoko etc. Remember that Onitsha township is just enu-onicha, Fegge, Woliwo, Odeakpu, GRA, Omagba and housing estate 3-3 all within Onitsha north and south LGA. Nkpor or even Awada are far bigger than the two LGAs.So we are talking about a metropolis here and these outlining areas are where the bulk of the population lives. Same for Lagos or Abuja or any other big city.

Gbam. Going by his analogy, only Lagos Island is Lagos, Port Harcourt is just PH township and areas like Diobu,D/line,Rumuokoro and so on are not PH. Agreed, Onitsha is just Enu-Onitsha but today Onitsha metropolis consists of Nkpor,Obosi,Ogidi,Nsugbe,Oba,Iyiowa Odekpe,Nkwelle Ezunnaka,Umuoji,Ogbunike and so on.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by buchostags(m): 2:58am On Aug 08, 2014
it has bin long comin, d present administration n d okwute lead has set d ball rolling so expect more frm whr this is cumin. Am alrdy tnkn bout a biz to set up thr...tht is so cool
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by McStoic(m): 3:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Anam anu ihe!
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:56am On Aug 08, 2014
redsquare:

Gbam. Going by his analogy, only Lagos Island is Lagos, Port Harcourt is just PH township and areas like Diobu,D/line,Rumuokoro and so on are not PH. Agreed, Onitsha is just Enu-Onitsha but today Onitsha metropolis consists of Nkpor,Obosi,Ogidi,Nsugbe,Oba,Iyiowa Odekpe,Nkwelle Ezunnaka,Umuoji,Ogbunike and so on.

Ka Ndi Idenmili nwetakwo yi!

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Bolt3(m): 4:33am On Aug 08, 2014
laffytaffy1: Why is that good looking woman wearing that ugly hat nah.
Are you blind? You think because she's white she now beautiful.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Yeske2(m): 5:07am On Aug 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Ka Ndi Idenmili nwetakwo yi!
Mana ife ona ekwu bu eziokwu, Onitsha township and onitsha metropolis are different. Do you forcefully remove Amawbia, Okpuno, Nise, Nibo from the emerging Awka metropolis or Ikeja, mushin and Ikotun from Lagos?
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by whitecat007: 5:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Or they are lying about it just like ibos lie about everything. I won't be surprised if entire ibo tribe is wiped off the face of the earth for covering up lies. It will be for a common good though if these sub humans cease to exist.
tonychristopher:

the corpse ain't Ebola according to the minister yesterday in channels TV

so there is nothing to worry

Ebola isn't yet in igboland and won't be
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Yeske2(m): 5:22am On Aug 08, 2014
whitecat007: Or they are lying about it just like ibos lie about everything. I won't be surprised if entire ibo tribe is wiped off the face of the earth for covering up lies. It will be for a common good though if these sub humans cease to exist.
Ok, we've noticed you, thanks
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:00am On Aug 08, 2014
Yeske2: Mana ife ona ekwu bu eziokwu, Onitsha township and onitsha metropolis are different. Do you forcefully remove Amawbia, Okpuno, Nise, Nibo from the emerging Awka metropolis or Ikeja, mushin and Ikotun from Lagos?

Lagos is a state not a town. You cant use Lagos in this instance. Ikeja is Ikeja and so is Agege. Nobody ever refered to Agege as greater Ikeja because of their close proximity.
Moreso,there is already bad blood between Nkpor and Onitsha,Ogidi and Onitsha,Obosi and Onitsha,Iyiowa and Onitsha,Nkwelle Ezunaka and Onitsha. They wont take it lightly with you if you refer to their land as Onitsha.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:02am On Aug 08, 2014
whitecat007: Or they are lying about it just like ibos lie about everything. I won't be surprised if entire ibo tribe is wiped off the face of the earth for covering up lies. It will be for a common good though if these sub humans cease to exist.

Nawaa ooo....Madam,when did you escaped?
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Yeske2(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Lagos is a state not a town. You cant use Lagos in this instance. Ikeja is Ikeja and so is Agege. Nobody ever refered to Agege as greater Ikeja because of their close proximity.
Moreso,there is already bad blood between Nkpor and Onitsha,Ogidi and Onitsha,Obosi and Onitsha,Iyiowa and Onitsha,Nkwelle Ezunaka and Onitsha. They wont take it lightly with you if you refer to their land as Onitsha.
Wrong, any stastistics about Lagos covers 16 or 17LGAs in Lagos apart from Epe,Ikorodu, and Badadry. I'm not counting Otta, Agbara, Mowe, Sango etc in Ogun state. Travelling from Nkpor to Awka along Limca road(Awka old road), all built up,you don't know when you get to Awka from Onitsha because the villages and towns are all merged up.A big conurbation
Remember we have an Olu of Ikeja, Oba of Agege and Lagos, so they're all different towns. They all merged with time, Same happening in onitsha
Nobody said Agege is Ikeja or Ikotun is Oshodi but are all reffered to Greater Lagos or Lagos metropolis. Same and again, Onitsha town is different from Onitsha metropolis.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Foxycute(m): 6:17am On Aug 08, 2014
Ani onicha #Odoje Home swt home
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2014

the same way you people lied about the bombings in your place calling the one that happened in ife dynamite then the one that happened in Lagos gas cooker explosion

such cowardice ..well your people are known for that

it was boko haram man that said that you people shouldn't cover it up. that he has attacked you

stupid dirty people ...

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 7:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Yeske2: Wrong, any stastistics about Lagos covers 16 or 17LGAs in Lagos apart from Epe,Ikorodu, and Badadry. I'm not counting Otta, Agbara, Mowe, Sango etc in Ogun state. Travelling from Nkpor to Awka along Limca road(Awka old road), all built up,you don't know when you get to Awka from Onitsha because the villages and towns are all merged up.A big conurbation
Remember we have an Olu of Ikeja, Oba of Agege and Lagos, so they're all different towns. They all merged with time, Same happening in onitsha
Nobody said Agege is Ikeja or Ikotun is Oshodi but are all reffered to Greater Lagos or Lagos metropolis. Same and again, Onitsha town is different from Onitsha metropolis.

that's normal cos Onitsha is an administrative name so all cornubated towns will take up the name onitisha

in Owerri we have the main Owerri which is the municipalities and we have other independent towns that have conurbated like Orji amakorhia mbieri ihiagwa new Owerri egbu irette etc if you were not born in Owerri you won't know this. these places have all developed to make owerri today the las Vegas of east
Futo isn't in Owerri but ihiagwa but they don't have a problem with ow tagging
just same with Enugu
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 7:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Leave that evil and envious man claiming be Anambran. Does he think we accept b@stards in Anambra!

Serious work is ongoing at the site, so let continue fooling himself..

peppyluv02: when did he become the Governor?
Is Awka Amansea road not a federal road?
Besides the project is on but because you are in nursery school you dont know that the raining season will disturb such project just like its happening to the ones in Lagos especially around that mile2. Once its not Berger,dont expect any sharp sharp work.
Your so called Benue is a village with fulanis killing your farmers every second like chickens and you are here fooling yourself undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 7:10am On Aug 08, 2014
You do not get it, particularly in the case of Awka. Mgbakwu even up to Agulu, Ukpo, Enugu-Agidi, Enugu-Ukwu etc are part of the Awka Capital Territory. Awka Capital Territory is different from Awka metropolis you use to know. This was also the case with Onitsha due to decongestion work being done making some trade-centers to be relocated to the outskirt of the city.

Awka Capital Territory is so large that it encompasses other towns..

Do you know that Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center is in Awka Capital Territory; now read below!

"Gov. Obi Flags- off the Construction of another 5 Star Hotel within the State Capital Territory.
In fulfillment of his promise to construct two major hotels in Anambra State as part of the measures to boost tourism in the State, Gov. Peter Obi yesterday flagged-off the construction of another 5-star hotel at Agulu Lake, Agulu, which is within the State Capital territory."

room089: @ Peppyluv
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 7:21am On Aug 08, 2014
You are very correct. Big cities as Lagos, PH, Onitsha, Kano, etc has similar things in common. They are tend to swallow up other adjoining towns due to expansion in size and population..

Yeske2: You are making a mistake here, from your assertion Agege, Ikeja, Oshodi in Lagos wouldn't be Lagos but Lagos state and Lagos city restricted to only the island. Onitsha is a metropolis comprising areas like Onitsha, Ogidi, Nkpor, Awada Obosi, Oba,Ogbunike(partly), 3-3,Nsugbe, Atani road Ogbaru, Okpoko etc. Remember that Onitsha township is just enu-onicha, Fegge, Woliwo, Odeakpu, GRA, Omagba and housing estate 3-3 all within Onitsha north and south LGA. Nkpor or even Awada are far bigger than the two LGAs.So we are talking about a metropolis here and these outlining areas are where the bulk of the population lives. Same for Lagos or Abuja or any other big city.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2014
Peppyluv, I could not access that pm. Please email me here: chino.dyke@yahoo.com
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2014
So you read my comments on this thread and still guess I'm yoruba undecided

ayukdaboss:

Are you Yoruba? undecided
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 08, 2014
grin tonychristopher you can't be left out in this gossip o! I'll send you a mail so you will know why odenigbo suddenly turned love artist grin

OdenigboAroli: Love nwantinti...ije mu na love na ofodulu nwantinti....lol
I am just singing oooo

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by ofala(m): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
New drugs for the sickness....get to Yaba fast

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 08, 2014
Delivery failure,says there is an error in your add....

chinology: Peppyluv, I could not access that pm. Please email me here: chino.dyke@yahoo.com
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by ayukdaboss(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02: So you read my comments on this thread and still guess I'm yoruba undecided

Haba...How could I possibly read all your comments? I was asking not guessing undecided
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2014
You will sweep the shrine for seven market days for asking such question angry

ayukdaboss:

Haba...How could I possibly read all your comments? I was asking not guessing undecided
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chino24: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2014
Hope you confirmed the address before sending?

peppyluv02: Delivery failure,says there is an error in your add....

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by ayukdaboss(m): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02: You will sweep the shrine for seven market days for asking such question angry

Lol..You have a shrine? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dana Plane, Speeding Car In Near-Collision On Lagos Airport Taxiway / Danfo Buses Start Accepting Bus Fares Via Cowry Cards (Video) / Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.