Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (39090 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
That was a good response to that evil man.. grin grin

peppyluv02: Thank you for the news you can now continue eating your starch tongue

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by sirwilly1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Chino, pls i'll need your help for something. I want you to create a post and update us with pictures on ANY projects going on at all in anambra. I wan see how the state don be.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
Google is your friend:

-Road

-Health

-Education

-Infrastructure

-Security

-Hospitality

etc etc..

sirwilly1: @Chino, pls i'll need your help for something. I want you to create a post and update us with pictures on ANY projects going on at all in anambra. I wan see how the state don be.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
You are right about onitsha being too congested but the truth is that just like you,i never knew we still had land in Anambra as a whole not to talk of onitsha until i spent 6months(since January) working on a project in Anambra that got me travelling from one town to the other. I even discovered towns i never knew were in Anambra.
The problem is that our people have concentrated in building by the road making it look like we don't have land anymore. Onitsha is bigger than you think.they are even having problem with Obosi, Nkpor and Nkwelle-ezunaka because of land and you may ask which land because every where seems congested but its not.
Besides i hate the congestion in onitsha especially fegge, omagba even nkpor and wish the govt will stop the building of what i call 'semi high rise buildings' that is springing up everyday. We've had enough and its one of the reasons people that once lived in those areas are moving to asaba.
Thou i heard the rumour of demolition but you and i know it wont happen without a fight and some people feeling oppressed.

An almost completed estate of 500 housing unit in Nkwelle Ezunaka is up for sale but there is a problem because nkwelle-ezunaka and onitsha are fighting over that land. I'm presently not in Anambra or would have posted pics and its Peter Obi"s project not Obiano.

You may also think Awka have no land for such development but that will be wrong. Places like Amansea, Ikenga and across the other side of the express road facing udoka housing estate have been mapped out for these facilities because Awka center is congested already.
you will only understand all i said if you are from Anambra and go there frequently.

And just like you,i pray they do as they say and not make empty promises thou i don't know why i have so much faith in Obiano smiley

room089: That will be a welcome development in Anambra state. My fear is if this will ever materialize going by the petty lie the project is hinged upon.
Onitsha is so developped and saturated with houses and industries that it does not have a vacant land space to accomodate a bio-fuel refinery; demonstrations farms; botanical gardens; hotels; housing estate; sports facilities; industrial parks; solar farms; water. Parks; and health malls.
I think is high time our leaders stopped insulting our sensibilities and learn to always say nothing but the truth.

5 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
hapu onye iberibe afu. ndi anya ufu.

chinology: That was a good response to that evil man.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Peppyluv, this greencity project is likely to be sited at Nsugbe towards the north of Onitsha/Anambra, that area is too far to the inner-city. It will equally develop as greater Onitsha!

Like below is the partial view of Trans-Nkisi hood it was developed by individual home owners at the north of Onitsha! If you continue after this Trans-Nkisi you will see large expanse of land that spans over 10000 hectares toward Nsugbe and the land expanse continue as you proceed towards Otuocha!

Anambra has so much land..

5 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by lozanni(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^That's someones Mummy; and i mean 'Mummy' in the literal sense! So back off!!! smiley

Is she your Mummy?
I knew her through a friend when she was at the defunct IMB bank and she was very focused then.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Maybe you are the only Igbo who doesnt know abagoro aka abagworo was rejected by his kinsmen and sent packing to his mother's hometown in rivers hence the reason why he insults or tries to bring enemity between Igbos on this forum, always trying to make Igbos from other states hate Anambra meanwhile the toad is from Imo.

BuddahMonk: Your not even ashamed of yourself and your master by pointing an accusing finger that a businessman who has no interest is scuttling an investment of N50B in the state and your govenor isnt fighting dirty.

Shame on you and your toad goofernor who is looking and appearing helplessly and cluelessly and a foreigner will come to his domain ruin the fruit of his labour, he chosed to keep quiet...mister your a gaddamn fool abeg.

So fighting dirty didnt mean anything to you abi, who is an Emeka Offor in Abia State?
If Orji were to be a credible governor dont you know the calibre of people that will wtand up and fight Offor to standstill by leaving his state to come and destroy another persons state.

Blame Offor too for Orji's inability to fix Aba and its environs...Emeka Offor my foot...abeg vermose

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
lol small world, do you know my cousin's house is in that pics smiley
do you live around there?

chinology: Peppyluv, this greencity project is likely to be sited at Nsugbe towards the north of Onitsha/Anambra, that area is too far to the inner-city. It will equally develop as greater Onitsha!

Like below is the partial view of Trans-Nkisi hood it was developed by individual home owners at the north of Onitsha! If you continue after this Trans-Nkisi you will see large expanse of land that spans over 10000 hectares toward Nsugbe and the land expanse continue as you proceed towards Otuocha!

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
That is the neighborhood where my parents live (our family house)..it is actually where I grew up. Though it was not this beautiful and built up then. It was then that most of the land were acquired by the home owners..

peppyluv02: lol small world, do you know my cousin's house is in that pics smiley
do you live around there?
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by ak47mann(m): 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Anambra Adigo Mma cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by amanze15(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
laffytaffy1: Why is that good looking woman wearing that ugly hat nah.
that's her trademark!!!, very pretty!!!
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
Iseeeeeeee!

ak47mann: Anambra Adigo Mma cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Youngzedd(m): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
Osha oni baje Oooo.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
chinology: Peppyluv, this greencity project is likely to be sited at Nsugbe towards the north of Onitsha/Anambra, that area is too far to the inner-city. It will equally develop as greater Onitsha!

I will continue to say this as a Calabar man, Igbo people have the largest concentration of individual income and wealth in Nigeria. I visited SE; Anamabra, Enugu and Imo recently, I saw expensive modern houses and estates; huge and castle-like mansions in the upwards of 200m naira that you will only see in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt choice areas. I lost count driving in many SE neighborhoods. The funny thing was that for every house my tour guide showed me, the owner has a similar mansion in Lagos or Abuja.

This picture clearly shows the individual income force of Igbo people...Individual owners' project. Don't listen to those fake, doctored up GDP nonsense by those in the SW; they do that to psychologically demoralized you people. Without Igbo money buying power, this country GDP; half of it will be non-existent.

I have traveled to SW widely, YOU CAN NEVER SEE CLUSTERS OF EXPENSIVE BIG HOUSES/MANSIONS IN A NEIGHBORHOOD AS SEEN IN THIS PIC EXCEPT IN LAGOS; WHICH I DON'T CONSIDER A YORUBA STATE. The reason for this is YORUBAS DON'T HAVE INDIVIDUAL INCOME POWER AS THE IGBOS AND SEEM TO DEPEND ON THE GOVERNMENT A LOT.

16 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
chinology: THE Anambra State government has pledged to collaborate with the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC) in developing an eco-friendly Green City Project of the corporation in the commercials city of Onitsha.

The Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism Anambra State, Chief Tony Onyima, gave the pledge when he led a 3-man delegation to NTDC secretariat in Abuja recently.

The Director-General of NTDC, Mrs. Sally Mbanefo, while addressing the delegation described the Green City Project as a differentiating platform for Nigeria’s Eco-tourism credentials with bio-fuel refinery for conversion of waste to wealth. Others facilities will include demonstration farms; botanical gardens; hotels; housing estate; sports facilities; industrial parks; solar farms; water parks and health malls.

Mbanefo explained that the project, when fully developed, would create 20,000 jobs in two years and bolster Nigeria as a preferred destination for the growing eco-tourism market.

She disclosed that the Green City Project, which was earlier scheduled to take off in Abuja, was cancelled due to Abuja Centenary project.

NTDC boss noted that the strategic imperative of the corporation was to rebuild the corporation through skills acquisition and capacity building for the staff, growing the tourism value chain for revenue generation and job creation via domestic tourism.

She said the reason for promoting domestic tourism is to empower the local government to create jobs. “We are here to support you and make sure that tourism in Anambra State is a huge success, generating revenue for the state and creating wealth for the people in the state.”

Mbanefo was optimistic that Nigeria would overcome the current security challenges saying, terrorism is not peculiar to Nigeria as other countries such as Israel, Egypt, Iran, United Kingdom are also affected by terrorism.

She assured that the corporation would create awareness for people to participate in tourism-related activities in Nigeria.

In response, Chief Onyima “For the green City project, Anambra State is the best place for the project. We are eager to see the project come home because that is where it belongs.”

He noted that the state government has a robust developmental programme in the area of agriculture and tourism, saying that plans were underway to amend an Act that would officially list Anambra as an oil producing State.

While disclosing the intent of the State government to build a refinery and airport, the Anambra State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism noted that the government has awarded a contract worth N4.5bn for the construction of road leading to the refinery, which would specialize in drilling Aviation fuel.

Onyima called on NTDC to assist the state government in the registration and classification of hotels, saying that the state would soon be agog with cultural activities like beauty pageantry by 1st October and Odenigbo Carnival in December, in collaboration with the private sector.

“Tourism is one of the enablers behind our developmental programmes and it cannot materialize without having a tourism framework. In terms of hotel registration and classification, we need expertise from NTDC to classify and register them.

“We are planning for cultural activities and by October 1, we will start major beauty pageant.

He further revealed that the government was constructing a five-star hotel at Agulu Lake and Ogbunike Cave Resort to boost tourism and attract tourists in the State even as he sought the collaboration of NTDC in achieving this laudable project.

“Apart from these, we have the biggest thing happening in tourism. We are putting a five-star hotel at Agulu Lake to be ready by December. Ogunike cave is a UNESCO Heritage site but we have acquired the land around it, which is about 100 hectares. We want to develop Ogbunike Cave Resort.

According to him, “The Nollywood started in Anambra, so we want to take the ownership back, but we cannot do it alone. That is why we are seeking NTDC’s collaboration. So, we call on you to open your doors because we will come back several times.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/saturday-magazine/travel-a-tourism/173320-green-city-project-anambra-govt-to-collaborate-with-ntdc

this is the right step in the right direction with the UN certification of awka as the city to look out for and also I think that man power is available ...the people have progressive mentality so this project to me is putting the square peg in a square hole

let the aboki keep killing themselves and let us keep moving forward

they will be the gardeners when they are done bombing themselves the remaining people will be second class citizens

anambra pls sail on your full mast ..you have worthy captains ..any person not with is should be thrown overboard

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
^^
What remains for Onitsha is a proper business/financial district, with mid to high rise buildings.

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
new2020:

I will continue to say this as a Calabar man, Igbo people have the largest concentration of individual income and wealth in Nigeria. I visited SE; Anamabra, Enugu and Imo recently, I saw expensive modern houses and estates; huge and castle-like mansions in the upwards of 200m naira that you will only see in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt choice areas. I lost count driving in many SE neighborhoods. The funny thing was that for every house my tour guide showed me, the owner has a similar mansion in Lagos or Abuja.

This picture clearly shows the individual income force of Igbo people...Individual owners' project. Don't listen to those fake, doctored up GDP nonsense by those in the SW; they do that to psychologically demoralized you people. Without Igbo money buying power, this country GDP; half of it will be non-existent.

I have traveled to SW widely, YOU CAN NEVER SEE CLUSTERS OF EXPENSIVE BIG HOUSES/MANSIONS IN A NEIGHBORHOOD AS SEEN IN THIS PIC EXCEPT IN LAGOS; WHICH I DON'T CONSIDER A YORUBA STATE. The reason for this is YORUBAS DON'T HAVE INDIVIDUAL INCOME POWER AS THE IGBOS AND SEEM TO DEPEND ON THE GOVERNMENT A LOT.

may Lord be with you ..the yorubas are Luke the proverbial lizard that keeps nodding its head in concordance that all is well while its tail has been chopped

they won't travel ..they don't understand the theories of economic expansion

4 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by e4e5d4d5: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is good news. .I ve heard so many testimonies about willy obiano. .more grease to his elbows. BUT . .to be realistic, i hope this is not another white elephant project that will gulp billions of naira and never come to frution. Considering the congestion and chaos of Onicha its going to be a huge challenge to turn it into a green city. .so the government better be serious! !!!

Achokwam ka ezigbo ife bata na anambra maka na ikwu nnem di ebe ahu. .. .Ndi anambra ekenem unu.. .Anambra bu isi obodo!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
peppyluv02: Maybe you are the only Igbo who doesnt know abagoro aka abagworo was rejected by his kinsmen and sent packing to his mother's hometown in rivers hence the reason why he insults or tries to bring enemity between Igbos on this forum, always trying to make Igbos from other states hate Anambra meanwhile the toad is from Imo.

NNE

biko ndi ofe mmanu na agu Ife a kanyi rapu imebo onwe anyi

kedu ije omalicha

hapu abagworo ka obu otagworo

hancha by ofu

he loves putting enormity between igbos from IMO to delta to anambra

anyi ga ere ya ma obu jiri ya tuo aja ...anyone that comes first

omalicha nwa.. enenebe eje oru... afu ukwu egbuo magbada

Ada anambra

nwanyi oma

uru di ya

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
e4e5d4d5: This is good news. .I ve heard so many testimonies about willy obiano. .more grease to his elbows. BUT . .to be realistic, i hope this is not another white elephant project that will gulp billions of naira and never come to frution. Considering the congestion and chaos of Onicha its going to be a huge challenge to turn it into a green city. .so the government better be serious! !!!

Achokwam ka ezigbo ife bata na anambra maka na ikwu nnem di ebe ahu. .. .Ndi anambra ekenem unu.. .Anambra bu isi obodo!!!!!!!!!!!

nwadi ani bia gbuo ikpere na ani

Ife OMA dibu na anambra mbu

its not a white elephant project ..this governor hit the ground running

ebe ka imuru nwadi?
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by redcap: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
CFCfan: ^^
What remains for Onitsha is a proper business/financial district, with mid to high rise buildings.

Along niger river would be the perfect location for the high rise structures........Imagine the beauty.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
anugom smiley

tonychristopher:

NNE

biko ndi ofe mmanu na agu Ife a kanyi rapu imebo onwe anyi

kedu ije omalicha

hapu abagworo ka obu otagworo

hancha by ofu

he loves putting enormity between igbos from IMO to delta to anambra

anyi ga ere ya ma obu jiri ya tuo aja ...anyone that comes first

omalicha nwa.. enenebe eje oru... afu ukwu egbuo magbada

Ada anambra

nwanyi oma

uru di ya
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
redcap:

Along niger river would be the perfect location for the high rise structures........Imagine the beauty.
I know. The scenery would challenge that o Eko Atlantic city.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Chinom: " While disclosing the intent of the State government to build a refinery and airport "

Asaba has an airport, Enugu has an international airport, what's the point of building another one at Anambra. Seems to me like a complete waste of funds.

its not dear if you know the economics of scale and factors to consider before locating a business you will know airport isn't a white antelope or elephant project nna

with population of anambrarians in diaspora and their business tendencies you will understand that the airport is on point

yes we can still use IMO Enugu Asaba airport then also we can still use ours

we want igbos to lead the nation

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by redcap: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
CFCfan: ^^

The high rise should be sighted along the niger river.Just image the spectacular view.wow, Obiano make us dream.Anambra adigomma

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
peppyluv02: anugom smiley

NNE

oga adili gi mma
oga adili igbo mma

iga amu nwoke
iga amu nwanyi

iga azu umu gi
umu gi ga azukwa gi

ezigbo nwa ka IBU

ejim gi eme onu

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Tonylyte(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
peppyluv02: bla bla bla you are the one who is crying an ocean because you are derailing with your malicious post!
They originated from there doesn't mean they now refer to themselves as one.
Besides if we all trace our history,we will find out we all originated from somewhere different. Many people have tried to prove that the Igbos are jews.
I don't care where you are from but do me the favor of going to call anyone from those great families in Onitsha i listed a benin man undecided
My onitsha friends and my in-law don't call themselves benin even Igwe Achebe is always crying out on the marginalization of the Igbos.
Don't think I've ever heard of him going to pay homage to the Oba which is something he is supposed to do if he is so proud to be from benin.

Hey woman, go and play in the kitchen and stop quoting me. It is bizzare dat an average onitsha man doesnt see hmself as an ibo man. You not agreeing to this painful truth will not change anything.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by e4e5d4d5: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
tonychristopher:

nwadi ani bia gbuo ikpere na ani

Ife OMA dibu na anambra mbu

its not a white elephant project ..this governor hit the ground running

ebe ka imuru nwadi?

Dalu nwanna.

I'm proudly a nwadiana of Nkwelle-Ezunaka
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
These are other locations too in same Onitsha city..

new2020:

4 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
e4e5d4d5:

Dalu nwanna.

I'm proudly a nwadiana of Nkwelle-Ezunaka

nsogbu adighi.. manna tuo m nna ochie oka anyi si ekene na be anyi bu anambra

onye ebe ka ibu ?
nwadi

ebe ka ana Anu nwanne m nwanyi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.