Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread (34223 Views)

EBOLA: Liberia's President Writes Heartbreaking Letter To The World / Ebola: Liberia's President Writes Moving Letter To The World / EBOLA: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Do u know u r a fool? Ur politicians are not worse than Ebola?
My frd keep your sticky mouth short You r a Bastard
despite the corruption r u not living Fine
Ebola na 21days highest 41days n ur past generation's has came n gone now u self dey live fine for years now n yet u can be so daft to categories our so call leaders worst than Ebola
Dude wakeup u r in trance

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dnt apologise jare. My stupiid country shud have taken preventive measures, in the first place. Instead, their corruptive minds didnt allow them to focus. They were just thinking on how to make money off it.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by moneyspeaks(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
Can this apology stop the virus in our nation? abeg, na solution we all need to save our nation. "NIGERIA"
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Segman22(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
Not accepted angryNot accepted
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by lastpage: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
BluIvy:

Liberia is very silly to apologise, especially to ungrateful Nigeria. Did Liberia create the EBOLA virus? Did the outbreak start in Liberia or Sierra Leone? Did they get any apologies for what is now happening in their country? Nonsense, man! That whole country of Liberia could not be blamed for the man's blunder and for Nigeria's failure to act sooner against EBOLA being imported into their country. The President of Liberia and its government are having a crisis and have no adequate resources to contain such. So each one to his own. Nigerians are just good at complaining and blaming everyone. Bloody narcissists.

What is this SHE-GOAT saying?

Are you even one-tenth as smart as the President who apologized, ..and rightly so?
If you are not so daft, you will notice she did it on behalf of the man who brought it into Nigeria ...... NOT for "creating bola"!

Mtchew She-Goat!

Lastapge!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
I finally searched this news. It's a lie.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by RaptorX: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
I dont see any reason for Liberia to apologise, and even if the federal govt had banned flights from Liberia and Sierra Leone what about our porous land borders.

I am sure there are Nigerians living in those affected countries, that are probably back home through our land borders. Even the almighty US could barely contain illegal immigration from south, central America talkless of Nigeria.

Al these energy spent on blaming Mr Sawyer, should rather be on solutions moving foward.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by F117A: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
BluIvy:

Liberia is very silly to apologise, especially to ungrateful Nigeria. Did Liberia create the EBOLA virus? Did the outbreak start in Liberia or Sierra Leone? Did they get any apologies for what is now happening in their country? Nonsense, man! That whole country of Liberia could not be blamed for the man's blunder and for Nigeria's failure to act sooner against EBOLA being imported into their country. The President of Liberia and its government are having a crisis and have no adequate resources to contain such. So each one to his own. Nigerians are just good at complaining and blaming everyone. Bloody narcissists.
You must be a moronn.
Sawyer came in as a high ranking liberian govt official ,and you expect the Nigerian govt to just strip him bare and subject him to all kinds of tests?
I just discovered that you are botswanese, so i am not surprised.
Afterall that is how Nigerians and other africans are humiliated in that part of africa.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by tommykiwi(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
U kept him on vigilant,no be Airport him pass enta our country? Purposes he came in thru bush we for undastand.So no body know am for Airport,even security officers don't know him ba?
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
RaptorX: I dont see any reason for Liberia to apologise, and even if the federal govt had banned flights from Liberia and Sierra Leone what about our porous land borders.

I am sure there are Nigerians living in those affected countries, that are probably back home through our land borders. Even the almighty US could barely contain illegal immigration from south, central America talkless of Nigeria.

Al these energy spent on blaming Mr Sawyer, should rather be on solutions moving foward.

Intelligent nyggah!!

If I may ask, why do you have "X" at the back of your handle?
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Sheenor: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
We don't need yur apology mehn.......jst take dat back cos its too late.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: My frd keep your sticky mouth short You r a Bastard
despite the corruption r u not living Fine
Ebola na 21days highest 41days n ur past generation's has came n gone now u self dey live fine for years now n yet u can be so daft to categories our so call leaders worst than Ebola
Dude wakeup u r in trance
That's a Gaynian. Ignore.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by sol2galay: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
UrbanMystique: conspiracy theory: i think americans sent him. they know if the populous nation and biggest economy in africa gets infected with the virus, they will make more money selling vaccine to us because they know fully well that nigerians will definitely look up to them..

Blame game,one of the charracteristics of poverty stricking mind. Boko haram threw bomb they blame US,Ore road in bad state blame US,Madam cook salty soup blame US,we vote GEJ they blame US etc

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
rickkid:
That's a Gaynian. Ignore.
Gay watin? check ur spelling so to get the wright n perfect reply
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Oceemo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
exxell: Why All These Fuss Over Ebola? Why is the whole Nigeria agog with Ebola news? Why Is Everything on Nairaland now Ebola this, Ebola that? This disease I believe is not here yet on a large scale.... Just few isolated incidences which is under control.

Hope you people know that this is how exploitation begins? Very soon, different anti-Ebola drugs will flood the market, Pastors all over Nigeria will claim to have the cure for Ebola, Native Doctors will now turn to "Doro-Ebola-Destroyer"! This is what will happen soon, believe me.

If I may ask, why are people even afraid? Why are people afraid to die? Is death not a necessary end which must come to all? Even my fellow christians who want to go to heaven and see God, dont want to die! Have you people forgotten the injunction of St Paul im Romans 14:8 "WHETHER WE DIE OR LIVE, WE BELONG TO GOD!"

This is why I have always been an advocate of philosophy study for all. Philosophy will make you not take issues at surface level. It will make you see things others dont see. Take for instance; my brother came to me this morning and was shouting "Brother, take your bath with salt oo. They say it prevents and kills Ebola! I just burst out laughing. He was suprised and asked.. "Bro, why you dey laugh over this serious matter now".... I told him to sit down. When he sat down, I told him;

"Bro, as an analytical Philosopher, I find this your statement pretty nonsensical. Why? If salt truly cures ebola as they advertise, then we need not take any salt again to bath because the human person is a bag of salt in itself. O Yes! If you taste your tears, it is salty. If you taste the mucous from your nose, it is salty. If you taste your sweat due to heat, it is salty. If you taste your blood, it is salty. If you taste the oily dirt from your ear, it is salty and bitter. If you taste your urine, it is salty. Even those who have tasted the below of a woman and those who have tasted the sperm of the male fellow, attest to the fact that the area is salty too! And I believe that if your taste your faeces too, it will be salty!

So, if you have been following my line of thought, you will come to understand with me that taking any more salt to bath or to drink is pretty foolish. It will be overdose. God has made us salty enough. O Yes! Mattew 5:13 says and I qoute;

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

So unless you are no longer salty or you lost your saltiness due to living in sin and living a wayward life, you may consider following the crowd of salt bathers and drinkers!

Please stop spreading all these Ebola nonsense all over facebook, BBM, Whatsapp and the internet. Stop being afraid. Fear is the first weapon the enemy uses to attack the children of God. Stop all theses fear and panicking. God is still there for us... O Yes. Psalm 46:10 tells us,

"Be still and acknowledge that I am God"

You can even take up a philosophical fatalist position that "WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE. And above all, remember that God is still in charge and he still has power over Ebola. O Yes... Psalm 115:3 says;

"Our God is in the heavens and he has power to do whatever he wills"

FINALLY, I CAN'T VOUCH FOR OTHERS BUT AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE ARE COVERED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS! And by the word of God which says in Exodus 15:26[color=#000099][/color]

"I AM THE GOD THAT HEALETH THEE"!

N.B
The above advice is originally mine alone and represents my views alone. It is not a "copy and paste work". Either take it or leave it! Good Day!
bros am so in love with this write up u hit d nail right on point.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by shellyboi: 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
Patrick sawyer u connived with the americans to distabilize africa abi, God go punish u and u will neva rest in peace.. God please help africa and come to our aid coz u are all we gat!!!
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: Gay watin? check ur spelling so to get the wright n perfect reply
Ghanaian. But on Nairaland, we call them Gaynians.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
shellyboi: Patrick sawyer u connived with the americans to distabilize africa abi, God go punish u and u will neva rest in peace.. God please help africa and come to our aid coz u are all we gat!!!

Lmao @ Mr. Sawyer conniving to destabilise Africa yet he ended up dead and he's 6feet under.

Like seriously, do you guys even think before posting?

Victim mentality while blaming another victim who's dead and buried is just asinine. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by priscaoge(f): 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
Eyop:

Prisca!!!!
Eyop!!!!
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by IYANGBALI: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Medicine after death
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by RaptorX: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
SirShymex:

Intelligent nyggah!!

If I may ask, why do you have "X" at the back of your handle?
Not as intelligent like you sire grin
Malcolm X is one of my heroes.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by portable86(f): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
D man knew he had the virus,yet he decided to come anyway,i read somewhere that he resisted treatment initially and even peed on some medical persons attending to him!
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
RaptorX: Not as intelligent like you sire grin
Malcolm X is one of my heroes.

Lmao! I'm not an intelligent nyggah, I'm just trying to be like my heroes, while still keeping it G'd up. grin

I asked because "X" signifies being an original and true African/black-man like MalcolmX and Clarence 13X - and from your posts, you're doing a great job.

Keep it up, brother. cool
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by mikeobk(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Apology accepted! It wasn't intentional. We are all imperfect beings and besides, no one saw it coming.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Dlionsheart: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
After helping Liberia in their years of civil war, this is what we get - an Ebola and an apology.
I hope Nigeria will learn one day

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by UrbanMystique: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
sol2galay:

Blame game,one of the charracteristics of poverty stricking mind. Boko haram threw bomb they blame US,Ore road in bad state blame US,Madam cook salty soup blame US,we vote GEJ they blame US etc
you seen stressed, take a chill pill, drink cold water, relax, finally and importantly, put on your thinking cap. Read my post again and digest it.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Where are my special space grabbers ? undecided come and collect this pace asap!
martinz1: this space is not for sale, beware of............
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Elzends(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please if you no you advised anyone to use salt
and hot water to bath and drink , here are some
things you must do. They are as follows:
1. Go back to your university, polytechnic , college
of education , secondary school and primary
school and return your certificate, because its of
no use to you.
2. Refund your parents all the fees they paid for
you during your waste of years in school.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by mrmykke(m): 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
BUY POLYSTAR 32", 24",29",40",AND 42 INCHES LED TVS @VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES

Polystar is a leading brand in the Nigerian electronics market today.
Our LED TVs are the best in the market considering it's superior specifications and @ a very affordable price that won't put hole in your pocket.... A trial will convince you as below is the unique and unbeatable specs.
FULL HD - 1080p
HDTV for all channels
Digital TV - Inbuilt decoder to receive satellite stations. Search and receive all satellite stations.
HDMI : 3 HDMI slots to enjoy all ur HD inputs, e.g ur laptop, home theater and more.
USB movies: Enjoy ur downloaded movies via USB and even play videos from ur phone. Also enjoy all your music both on your phone, PC and on Flash drive.
Plus 12 months warranty on all our products.
Ultra Slim LED panel with clear picture resolution. Our warranty is fully valid for 12 months... Get yours now for only #39,500 before we run out of stock.. Call Mr. Mike on 07038255551, 08028444238, Whatsapp 07038255551 BBM 7A828EF3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by s3nn2x(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
The Liberian Government on Thursday apologised to Nigeria over the importation of the deadly Ebola Virus by a Liberian-born American, Patrick Sawyer.

Sawyer arrived Lagos on July 20 from Lome but died five days after he was admitted into a hospital in Obalende when he showed Ebola virus symptoms.

The Liberian-born American came into contact with 59 people in both the Murtala Mohammed International Airport and the hospital. Eight of the hospital contacts were quarantined at the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Yaba. One of them, a matron, who died on Tuesday became the first Nigerian casualty. Five others, including a female medical doctor, had as of Wednesday, tested positive to the virus.

The Liberian Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Nurudeem Mohammed,[/b][b][b][/b] told journalists in Abuja that President Ellen Sirleaf-Johnson, was deeply sorry that Sawyer brought the virus to Nigeria.

He said that the deceased was under surveillance in Liberia but that he sneaked into Lagos.

Mohammed said, “The Liberian President has personally called to apologise on the unfortunate development.

“She specifically said her country had declared a state of emergency over the Ebola epidermic in Liberia.

‘She equally apologised that Sawyer ignored medical advice and escaped out of Liberia.”
[quote author=engrjoe]

Since when did Dr. Nurudeen Mohammed become the Liberian Minister of Foreign Affairs. I thought he was the Minister of State II of Nigeria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by coachwilcox(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
The US Department of Defense (DoD) funded an Ebola trial on humans which started just weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone, it has emerged.

http://www.drugs.com/clinical_trials/tekmira-doses-first-subject-human-clinical-trial-tkm-ebola-16415.html

The DoD gave a contract worth $140 million dollars to Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company, to conduct Ebola research, which apparently involved injecting and infusing healthy humans with the deadly Ebola virus

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by KingsalemV11: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
exxell: Why All These Fuss Over Ebola? Why is the whole Nigeria agog with Ebola news? Why Is Everything on Nairaland now Ebola this, Ebola that? This disease I believe is not here yet on a large scale.... Just few isolated incidences which is under control.

Hope you people know that this is how exploitation begins? Very soon, different anti-Ebola drugs will flood the market, Pastors all over Nigeria will claim to have the cure for Ebola, Native Doctors will now turn to "Doro-Ebola-Destroyer"! This is what will happen soon, believe me.

If I may ask, why are people even afraid? Why are people afraid to die? Is death not a necessary end which must come to all? Even my fellow christians who want to go to heaven and see God, dont want to die! Have you people forgotten the injunction of St Paul im Romans 14:8 "WHETHER WE DIE OR LIVE, WE BELONG TO GOD!"

This is why I have always been an advocate of philosophy study for all. Philosophy will make you not take issues at surface level. It will make you see things others dont see. Take for instance; my brother came to me this morning and was shouting "Brother, take your bath with salt oo. They say it prevents and kills Ebola! I just burst out laughing. He was suprised and asked.. "Bro, why you dey laugh over this serious matter now".... I told him to sit down. When he sat down, I told him;

"Bro, as an analytical Philosopher, I find this your statement pretty nonsensical. Why? If salt truly cures ebola as they advertise, then we need not take any salt again to bath because the human person is a bag of salt in itself. O Yes! If you taste your tears, it is salty. If you taste the mucous from your nose, it is salty. If you taste your sweat due to heat, it is salty. If you taste your blood, it is salty. If you taste the oily dirt from your ear, it is salty and bitter. If you taste your urine, it is salty. And I believe that if your taste your faeces too, it will be salty!

So, if you have been following my line of thought, you will come to understand with me that taking any more salt to bath or to drink is pretty foolish. It will be overdose. God has made us salty enough. O Yes! Mattew 5:13 says and I qoute;

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

So unless you are no longer salty or you lost your saltiness due to living in sin and living a wayward life, you may consider following the crowd of salt bathers and drinkers!

Please stop spreading all these Ebola nonsense all over facebook, BBM, Whatsapp and the internet. Stop being afraid. Fear is the first weapon the enemy uses to attack the children of God. Stop all theses fear and panicking. God is still there for us... O Yes. Psalm 46:10 tells us,

"Be still and acknowledge that I am God"

You can even take up a philosophical fatalist position that "WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE. And above all, remember that God is still in charge and he still has power over Ebola. O Yes... Psalm 115:3 says;

"Our God is in the heavens and he has power to do whatever he wills"

FINALLY, I CAN'T VOUCH FOR OTHERS BUT AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE ARE COVERED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS! And by the word of God which says in Exodus 15:26

"I AM THE GOD THAT HEALETH THEE"!

N.B
The above advice is originally mine alone and represents my views alone. It is not a "copy and paste work". Either take it or leave it! Good Day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyinlola: Buhari Is First Candidate Ever To Hire A Proxy In A Presidential Conte / 200 Soldiers At Asari Dokubo's Home, Set To Arrest Him - FFK / Court Okays Obi, Atiku’s Request To Inspect Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.