Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62526 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by vivalavida(m): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia: Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking for you because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

I love this. Just da plain truth.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2014
Okk bro;no harm intended;*sheaths sword*;
Ashantiking:

Please let's not turn this into another Ghana vs Nigeria e war. This is a serious case that is affecting our brothers and sisters back in Africa.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
Please shut it you are shifting grounds.

I simply told you to stop wrongly accusing the government of deliberately "killing" Ebola patients.

Spreading such unfounded rumours will lead to people refusing treatment.

This is what happened with the salt therapy and now it has already killed more Nigerians than Ebola.

Your moniker shows you are not even Nigerian so why come here and spread your stupid superstitions.

Did I ever say I was a nigerian. I already have my reasons for saying what I said if don't like it, don't quote me. I will continue to say what I have to say. Is people like you that allow the government to take u for a ride.

Even if they are not deliberately killing them, I believe they are not giving them the necessary care.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ibime(m): 7:37am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia:
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

True talk jare.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by vivalavida(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi: @ Ashantiking,please say what you know. Is the doctor dead yet?

@ Topic,i got some iformation yesterday that the children were taken to FMC Owerri but the doctors all ran away. Some stakeholders should pls confirm if it is true. I heard this from a doctor working at FMC Owerri. God help us.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by cirmuell(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2014
Mynd44: Health terrorism?
Mynd you are on point, this is scary!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Did I ever say I was a big a nigerian. I already have my reasons for saying what I said if don't like it, don't quote me. I will continue to say what I have to say. Is people like you that allow the government to take u for a ride.

Even if they are not deliberately killing them, I believe they are not giving them the necessary care.
Then move your gaynian butt off this forum and stop spreading lies here angry angry angry
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:45am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
Then move your gaynian butt off this forum and stop spreading lies here angry angry angry

I don't want to derail this thread because I believe this is a serious case, so count your blessing. I will let this slide
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 09, 2014
mumu country, mumu minister?, mumu medics, mumu people how can you dump force everyone you suspect has Ebola into one small area for quarantine without giving them proper care? and not expect the disease to spread?
solution: each case or suspect case should be singly isolated or quarantined in specified individual locations and also cautiously treated with great care!

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Govt should post their names and pictures on TV and radio. I trust Nigerians, they will fish them out in a matter of hours.

Ta n fe Ku?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi:
I repeat,say what you know. If u are ignorant of facts,just keep quiet rather than assume!
I have first hand info that the nurse only made people aware of her situation when it had gone really bad. The case of Patrick Sawyer,he kept denying every contact with ebola. His sister died three weeks before. He was already coughing blood when he came to Nigeria,which means the disease had progressed fast.
With people having this kind of poor mentality,i really doubt the quick control of this situation.
The female medical doctor is stable because she was smart enough o alert the medical officials on time.
Early detection is the best.
I am sure you had your bath with salt water yesterday?
Please leave that ignoramus.

I have tried to educate him but he is adamant on his crude beliefs.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2014
Aggrippa: mumu country, mumu minister?, mumu medics, mumu people how can you dump force everyone you suspect has Ebola into one small area for quarantine without giving them proper care? and not expect the disease to spread?
solution: each case or suspect case should be singly isolated or quarantined in specified individual locations and also cautiously treated with great care!

Excellent comment. We all know viruses tend to mutate rapidly, so each patient might have different strain of the Ebola virus.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Did I ever say I was a nigerian. I already have my reasons for saying what I said if don't like it, don't quote me. I will continue to say what I have to say. Is people like you that allow the government to take u for a ride.

Aye ma name ni. Oloriburku radarada. Soon,very soon Ghana go chop am.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

I don't want to derail this thread because I believe this is a serious case, so count your blessing. I will let this slide

I do not care how you feel.
Just yesterday people started unfounded rumours on salt therapy and now people are dead and some critically ill.

Now you want to champion an even more dangerous rumour and you expect me to applaud you.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
Please leave that ignoramus.

I have tried to educate him but he is adamant on his crude beliefs.

You are very stupid, I made my comment from facts. If you were smart you would have simply asked me why I made those remarks.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:

I do not care how you feel.
Just yesterday people started unfounded rumours on salt therapy and now people are dead and some critically ill.

Now you want to champion an even more dangerous rumour and you expect me to applaud you.

Like I said the government is killing ebola victims. Not everyone who has ebola died of the disease many are been killed. Sue me if u can. Idiot
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Caseless: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2014
donnypool: put their damn picture to the public, and in the next two days they will probably be found dead or alive, but i know nigerians they will surely be found burnt
spot-on!
The picture of d dead nurse, her children, husband and their relations should b displayed on d national tv. We can easily track them and 'mob-quarantine' them.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2014
Aggrippa: mumu country, mumu minister?, mumu medics, mumu people how can you dump force everyone you suspect has Ebola into one small area for quarantine without giving them proper care? and not expect the disease to spread?
Your post is not true!

If you are not a healthcare professional on ground please stop spreading speculations.

Confirmed cases and unconfirmed cases are separated.

Once the test results are negative then you need not be held.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

Aye ma name ni. Oloriburku radarada. Soon,very soon Ghana go chop am.

So u are hoping it spreads to Ghana. Wicked being
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by lonelydora: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2014
Please they should not run to port harcourt. Sambisa forest is their best bet. Shekau needs to contact it.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by chibwike(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.
They wont treat them...they wud just murder them

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
Your post is not true!

If you are not a healthcare professional on ground please stop spreading speculations.

Confirmed cases and unconfirmed cases are separated.

Once the test results are negative then you need not be held.

He said they shouldn't keep ebola victims in the same room even if they have the virus. Every case should be isolated.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Even if you see them will you be brave to catch them. People will only run away from them should they see them. No one will be brave enough to apprehend them.

You no know anything. They could be lynched o.

People can do anything for survival and any threat to their survival taken down and out. We've seen it happen time and time again.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

He said they shouldn't keep ebola victims in the same room even if they have the virus. Every case should be isolated.
They are not kept in the same room with unconfirmed cases!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2014
caseless: spot-on!
The picture of d dead nurse, her children, husband and their relations should b displayed on d national tv. We can easily track them and 'mob-quarantine' them.

LMAO hahahaha...'mob-quarantine' got me cracked up cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2014
chibwike: They wont treat them...they wud just murder them

Thank u at least you know the truth.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

So u are hoping it spreads to Ghana. Wicked being

Idile e ma Sofo ebola danu ni. It's already at your doorsteps. Those running away from Nigeria are running to Ghana. Don't u know.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
They are not kept in the same room with unconfirmed cases!

When did I mention uncomfirmed cases. They shouldn't even keep comfirmed patients in the same room. Every case should be isolated. We are dealing with viruses here and viruses tend to mutate very rapid, so it might be difdeent strain of ebola viruses around.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2014
donnypool:

LMAO hahahaha...'mob-quarantine' got me cracked up cheesy cheesy grin

You would be surprised that humans behave like animal when issue of survival is at stake.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

Idile e ma Sofo ebola danu ni. It's already at your doorsteps. Those running away from Nigeria are running to Ghana. Don't u know.

Seems you are happy about that. Which is really sad
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Like I said the government is killing ebola victims. Not everyone who has ebola died of the disease many are been killed. Sue me if u can. Idiot

Come out with facts joor. Mudashooker
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

You no know anything. They could be lynched o.

People can do anything for survival and any threat to their survival taken down and out. We've seen it happen time and time again.

Who is the going to be the one to lunch them. Even if they shoot them who will pick the body of the street.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pain During Sex / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.