Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62527 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Seems you are happy about that. Which is really sad

U Neva sabi any tin. Sebi inu e n don pe Ebola was ni naija. O ma to kan yin.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

You would be surprised that humans behave like animal when issue of survival is at stake.

All humans are animals tho, but humans are the homo sapiens (intelligent species)
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by sandiyke(f): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2014
JESUS!!! See Ebola runing to spread. Lord help us oh!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

Come out with facts joor. Mudashooker

Well I already gave facts.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

U Neva sabi any tin. Sebi inu e n don pe Ebola was ni naija. O ma to kan yin.

I don't speak the language. Translate to English.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ElFenomeno1: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2014
12inches1:

Very irresponsible statement. Do you know that in Liberia with early treatment over 60 percent of people survive the virus? This drops to the 90th percentile when the treatment is late. This reason contributed to the nurses death. So I heard. Now she put not only herself at greater risk but also the lives of her husband and children. Assuming she turned herself for treatment and didn't run, she will probably still be alive now. This is the message we should be spreading. Ebola is not a death sentence with early treatment. People survive it and thereafter becoming forever immune to it. I think her husband and children names and pictures should be released as WANTED with strict consequences for harbouring them.

Spot on.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
Your post is not true!

If you are not a healthcare professional on ground please stop spreading speculations.

Confirmed cases and unconfirmed cases are separated.

Once the test results are negative then you need not be held.
okay I concur with your view... however I have a feeling that the treatment (management), screening, quarantine and isolation is not aggressive neither is it meticulous enough! what is your assurance that the medics are doing a 110% job?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by mecussey(m): 8:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.

They might have ran away in order to try herbal remedy. I am sure one of our herbs can take care of that virus.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 8:04am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Well I already gave facts.

No u didn't . you only insinuated. Where you there when they were murdered? Or did you do the murdering?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2014
Aggrippa: okay I concur with your view... however I have a feeling that the treatment (management), screening, quarantine and isolation is not aggressive neither is it meticulous enough! what is your assurance that the medics are doing a 110% job?
Thanks

I also agree that more needs to be done on enlightening the public.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by CoenzymeA: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

God forbid,that would be wickedness on your part just like the Liberian man that brought it into the country. You'd be exposing more innocent people. Please be your generation/ race keeper. Who will remain if we all die? Please people should not be selfish. If you read the account of the American doctor that contracted the disease while taking care of victims you'd be amazed at the sense of responsibility he exhibited. He immediately isolated himself when he started having the symptoms pending the outcome of the test. That is the way to go!
IMO the relative names should be publicised so that they can be fished out before they wreck more havoc.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

No u didn't . you only insinuated. Where you there when they were murdered? Or did you do the murdering?

I don't have to be there or take part to know. I could also ask you were you there when they started vomiting blood. We only got the news that they died of ebola.

A doctor in Liberia allegedly died of ebola. Weeks before his death he lived among his family wife and kids, the same family was the one that took him to hospital. Within a week of taking him to a hospital, thy came back and told them he had died from ebola. Yet the kids and the wife are still living without any sign of the disease.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Caseless: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2014
donnypool:

LMAO hahahaha... 'mob-quarantine' got me cracked up cheesy cheesy grin
grin grin how i go do? Me ma na now i jst saw how funny it sounds and looks.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

I don't have to be there or take part to know. I could also ask you were you there when they started vomiting blood. We only got the news that they died of ebola.

A doctor in Liberia allegedly died of ebola. Weeks before his death he lived among his family wife and kids, the same family was the one that took him to hospital. Within a week of taking him to a hospital, thy came back and told them he had died from ebola. Yet the kids and the wife are still living without any sign of the disease.

Doctor's name please.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by lakamua: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2014
the way most of u talk is so disgusting. put ursef in their shoes and see hw u will feel. insensitive black things. u guys are no different frm sawyer. no element of pity in ur hearts yet u want God to hv mercy on you . dis is d kind or spirit dat takes africa backwards.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Almighty consultants don see the one dem no fit CONSULT.

They think say Ebola na JOHESU?
grin grin grin

\

grin grin grin grin.. You dey mind dem.
Na for Johesu body dem get power.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

Doctor's name please.

I will find out the doctors name. He used to treat my brother's wife when she lived in Liberia. It is midnight around here and she is sleeping, I will ask her once she wakes up.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eledacedar(f): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

I will find out the doctors name. He used to treat my brother's wife when she lived in Liberia. It is midnight around here and she is sleeping, I will ask her once she wakes up.

Is coming.........
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2014
eledacedar:

Is coming.........

Will get u the name. Don't worry
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by lakamua: 8:21am On Aug 09, 2014
YorubaJesus: Why are they fleeing. They are gonna die anyway. #NaOnlyThemWakaGo
i pity u. dont run frm church to church wen u start paying for ur insensitive wicked heart
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Jomark(m): 8:21am On Aug 09, 2014
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad
I pity those around you. Your ignorance is enemy of humanity
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Almighty consultants don see the one dem no fit CONSULT.

They think say Ebola na JOHESU?
grin grin grin

\
You are silly.

Are doctors not on strike?

So is not JOHESU that ran away? undecided
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by back2sender: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi:
I repeat,say what you know. If u are ignorant of facts,just keep quiet rather than assume!
I have first hand info that the nurse only made people aware of her situation when it had gone really bad. The case of Patrick Sawyer,he kept denying every contact with ebola. His sister died three weeks before. He was already coughing blood when he came to Nigeria,which means the disease had progressed fast.
With people having this kind of poor mentality,i really doubt the quick control of this situation.
The female medical doctor is stable because she was smart enough o alert the medical officials on time.
Early detection is the best.
I am sure you had your bath with salt water yesterday?
God bless you real good. The kind of comments I read on nairaland is disgusting and you wonder of people that call themselves graduate write and thinks like this then what are the hopes of those that didn't not go to even elementary school will be.
Now you understand why they say nigeria graduates are unemployable.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2014
lakamua:
i pity u. dont run frm church to church wen u start paying for ur insensitive wicked heart

I'm not wicked. It's the truth and FYI, I don't go to church. Don't stereotype.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:26am On Aug 09, 2014
Africans need to stop eating monkeys. Why eat monkeys. This is where the disease probably came from. Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone luv too much monkey meat.

Africans will eat any animal they see. Dead whale wash ashore they will chop. They find a dead monkey in the forest they will chop without knowing what killed the animal, all they know is meat.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Jomark(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking: They are running because everyone with sense knows that african government are killing people with suspected ebola. Majority ilof the dead didn't die if ebola, it is the government that is killing them.
eeeyaa just sorry for your thoughts
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by patut(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Baba God na your hand I De ooooo... grin
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 8:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi: @ Ashantiking,please say what you know. Is the doctor dead yet?

@ Topic,i got some iformation yesterday that the children were taken to[b] FMC Owerri but the doctors all ran away. [/b]Some stakeholders should pls confirm if it is true. I heard this from a doctor working at FMC Owerri. God help us.
Doctors are on strike.

If at all anyone ran away it is definitely not doctors but allied workers.

This is what you get when some unqualified group of healthcare workers want to become consultants and CMDs, they run away from their patients.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2014
patut: Baba God na your hand I De ooooo... grin

U r praying to God yet u open all your front teeth to laugh. What's so funny?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by CoenzymeA: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia: Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking for you because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

In essence everyone who has had contact with infected person should start running? In as much as you have a valid point, is it not better for few people to die than for the whole nation to be wiped out? I don't mean to be insensitive as we are all in this together, but this attitude would cause a total breakdown of our public system: health, economy, social etc. Go and ask the Liberians and the Sierra Leonians. This not a time to trade blames but proactive steps by all and sundry to curb this common enemy. IMHO
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by agitator: 8:40am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.

The same way proper treatment was given to their mom who is a nurse? what an irony. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Abdul0709(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2014
thanks for your comments,you are very reasonable compare to dos ignorants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pain During Sex / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.