Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,350 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62529 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jared007: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2014
Why won't they run? Do u know if the ebola could be injected into them all in d name of carrying out a test? CONSPIRACY/LIES ARE BEING PROPAGATED!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by vanndubi: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Leopantro: ‘National Hospital has no quarantine centre’

AUGUST 9, 2014 BY SUNDAY ABORISADE AND ADE ADESOMOJU, ABUJA

The Federal Government has yet to create a quarantine centre for the treatment of persons suspected to have been infected with the deadly Ebola virus disease.

Spokesperson for the National Hospital, Abuja, Dr. Tayo Haastrup, who stated this in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, however, said that the Federal Ministry of Health had established centres in collaboration with some private health facilities in the nation’s capital city.

It's a pity! The condition our leaders, past and present, have put us is really pathetic. NNPC clinic has been shut down because it admitted just one suspected carrier.

Good example for Nigeria is Shell. Shell clinics Nigeria have isolation rooms that are air tight, pressurized to control air movement, equipped with sensor taps and so on.

If only Nigeria can be humble enough to learn from the Shell system, Nigeria will be better than what we have now
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by bukatyne(f): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Missy89: So the Americans were transported to their country and are now in full recovery while dead bodies keep piling up on the streets of Liberia and suspected patients are on the run in Nigeria. ignorant citizens are consuming too much salt and running to churches. mediocre comedians are making meaningless jokes while evil entrepreneurs are making fake products. Africa is really a basket case cry cry

Begging for drugs like beggars. while doctors are on their heels (incredible!!!)

In few months you will see some fuvktards talking about one imaginary Africans that built empires and started civilizations

LOL! @last paragraph

Or how Africa has the best family system.

The same family system that bred these f.oo.ls

@OP:

A warrant should be issued for their arrest.

Anyone tested negative should be imprisoned
Anyone tested positive killed straight up

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by darmhey(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run
You're daft! They are looking for them to help them and Nigerians! Those people are doing exactly what Patrick Sawyer did and if they're infected thry will die and infect others. I pray dey visit you. Mtcheew This one go come talk say she go school. Oponu, didirin!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking: Africans need to stop eating monkeys. Why eat monkeys. This is where the disease probably came from. Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone luv too much monkey meat.

Africans will eat any animal they see. Dead whale wash ashore they will chop. They find a dead monkey in the forest they will chop without knowing what killed the animal, all they know is meat.

For once i agree with you. Africans eat all kinds of meat and all parts of animals. Very uncivilized attitutude.

People eat dead rotten whale in Lagos when they are supposed to ask questions about what killed it. Now what if the dead pilot whale brings with it a kinda disease we are not ready for. Even animals like Lions don't eat dead meat why should humans do?

Gluttony is very bad...it's a Sin and Ebola is a kinda punishment for that.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Kalvan500:

Foolish, smelly, cannibalistic Igbo.
Run along boy......I thought you could do with some advice grin

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 09, 2014
running

haven't they been listening to news nd getting tips on this ish

they're just decreasing their chance of survival....

gosh..this is getting out of hand oo..

so nobody saw demtheir neighbours
i mark am say na village dem dey go....

ebola spread continues.....

cus of some foolish actions by some supposed scholars mtcheeeew sadsadsad
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by k2039: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.

Now, they are a threat to everyone of us.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by noordean(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: Make them run enta Chibok abeg... Dose BH guys must contact am abeg
broda,na ebola terrorism dat one go b o,n e go hard pass suicide bombing,dem go jst dey hug people dey go for market places
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2014
[size=13pt]Illiteracy is supreme in this nation, even among the educated (check them out on Nairaland)!!! Nigeria has got a long way yo go. The way we reason, even politically is backward.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ekundayo7: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Unbelievable this selfish and foolish attitude. One would think a nurse's family, of all people, would be educated enough to know they should be running to health officials and isolation ward where they have a chance to survive. Why aren't their names and photos being published to apprehend them or has this turned into another Chibok where we cannot show the faces of those who need to be helped. I fear this ebola has now with certainty exposed Nigeria as the complete and utter mess that she is including the imbeciles like these who would run instead of sparing the lives of other Nigerians. Pure wickedness.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by gbaskiboy: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2014
double wahala for deady body
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by chamboy(m): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2014
gidjah: WHERE DEM come dey run to na?them want to increase our trouble abi?pls send trained police dogs after them,they must come back and get quarrantined plshelp us to help your self
d ppl that suppose to track dem down is in osun
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2014
MissyDivah: Ebola bet why naija nah

Before nko? Where ebola for go make e dey sweet u? Na ur type dey pray make another person die while u pray death never come near u or ur family members.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Kirinwa: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.

Not that I support thirr running away but last time I checked ebola doesn't have a cure just like hiv.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Kirinwa: 9:26am On Aug 09, 2014

Not that I support their running away but last time I checked ebola doesn't have a cure just like HIV virus.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2014
Kirinwa:

Not that I support thirr running away but last time I checked ebola doesn't have a cure just like hiv.
so its better to run away to infect others.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Bolt3(m): 9:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ALKARULEZ615(m): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2014
noordean: broda,na ebola terrorism dat one go b o,n e go hard pass suicide bombing,dem go jst dey hug people dey go for market places
lol bros...d tin get as e be o
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2014
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad

Your moniker is in very sharp contrast of your mode of thinking.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by PresidentAde(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: why can't you just raise your view to the thread,than behaving like a lunatic you are,oh sorry,I never knew you are the husband to the dead nurse. Ode.

I guess you feel offended anyways I'm sorry for the insult but sometimes we need insults to see things from other perspective.......................Pele Mate !

**** Well I find it difficult to bring ur earlier post here cos I'm using a mobile for now ****

No 1- There's no need to call the families of the Late nurse illiterate,,,Do you know what that means in this situation ?.......Presently about 80 percent of Nigerians don't really know much details on Ebola Virus,Medical Practitioners included so why call them illiterate ? Do you know their Educational background ? Have you Confirmed this news via T-V ? .

No 2- Whats the 1st thing that happens when people are diagnosed with deadly diseases e.g HIV or Ebola === FEAR ,,CONFUSSION,, DESPIRATION ets,,, You will be surprised what we human can do to stay alive in respective of your Education or Class.

No 3- What is the present Condition of our health Facilities in Cases of "Quarantine"and disease management ?..... Can you "yomieluv" give yourself up to be quarantined by this present Nigerian Government without having mixed feelings ?,, Do we have Counsellors who are ready to counsel these Quarantined patients because its one thing to take drugs its another thing to believe in th drugs your taking,, Would you rather give yourself up for Government Quarantine when you have another 50/50 option of getting help locally "through herbs"...( I'm just trying to figure out what must have prompted the taking off of the relatives if they really did )

No 4- Do you know it gives the family a 50/50 chance to wrestle death instead of just being quarantined and waiting for death to come ?

I can go on and on............Do note that I'm not trying to justify the family's action by putting more peoples in danger....But I'm just trying to think what an average Nigerian might think in such situation !

This has got little or nothing to do with Education or illiteracy..........I guess its pure "Jump and pass situation assessment" Nigerians has always got their destiny in their hands since 1960.

Think about this ^ and leme know if the family should still be crucified as most people request for here .......Cheers

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by IGBOSON1: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Running is an effort in futility!

Let's just say that once you catch it (God forbid), ebola is like your shadow.......you can run from now till eternity, or even faster than Usain Bolt sef, but you can never shake it off!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Z8(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2014
Run to where kwa? Ebola doesn't have cure your best hope is to start rehyration therapy and antibiotics soonest. All he will do is kill those children and other Nigerians in the process

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2014
Why are they running na?? Chai..nsogbu di na naija..angry.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by EbuGeneral(m): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2014
stechi:

you guys just read my mind, moreso, if the dead nurse was in contact with her family before she was tested positive.
This thing we are joking about is a very serious issue o.

Yesterday I was discussing on the rate at which public buses are being boarded and what if an ordinary man on the street contacts this virus,......hmmm,one should wonder what would happen.

like serious... Am thinking about entering public transports
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Vincenzi: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
Doctors are on strike.

If at all anyone ran away it is definitely not doctors but allied workers.

This is what you get when some unqualified group of healthcare workers want to become consultants and CMDs, they run away from their patients.

Sorry to say this,the person who told me is a doctor. Met him in a restaurant when we had this discussion in Owerri. I'm not saying second hand stories. Doctors are on strike but some of them are still seen in the hospital premises . The truth is that doctors ran away. Stop blaming health care workers,even though they also avoided the patients too.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Lekison(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2014
If na u wetin you go do? undecided
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2014
PresidentAde:

I guess you feel offended anyways I'm sorry for the insult but sometimes we need insults to see things from other perspective.......................Pele Mate !

**** Well I find it difficult to bring ur earlier post here cos I'm using a mobile for now ****

No 1- There's no need to call the families of the Late nurse illiterate,,,Do you know what that means in this situation ?.......Presently about 80 percent of Nigerians don't really know much details on Ebola Virus,Medical Practitioners included so why call them illiterate ? Do you know their Educational background ? Have you Confirmed this news via T-V ? .

No 2- Whats the 1st thing that happens when people are diagnosed with deadly diseases e.g HIV or Ebola === FEAR ,,CONFUSSION,, DESPIRATION ets,,, You will be surprised what we human can do to stay alive in respective of your Education or Class.

No 3- What is the present Condition of our health Facilities in Cases of "Quarantine"and disease management ?..... Can you "yomieluv" give yourself up to be quarantined by this present Nigerian Government without having mixed feelings ?,, Do we have Counsellors who are ready to counsel these Quarantined patients because its one thing to take drugs its another thing to believe in th drugs your taking,, Would you rather give yourself up for Government Quarantine when you have another 50/50 option of getting help locally "through herbs"...( I'm just trying to figure out what must have prompted the taking off of the relatives if they really did )

No 4- Do you know it gives the family a 50/50 chance to wrestle death instead of just being quarantined and waiting for death to come ?

I can go on and on............Do note that I'm not trying to justify the family's action by putting more peoples in danger....But I'm just trying to think what an average Nigerian might think in such situation !

This has got little or nothing to do with Education or illiteracy..........I guess its pure "Jump and pass situation assessment" Nigerians has always got their destiny in their hands since 1960.

Think about this ^ and leme know if the family should still be crucified as most people request for here .......Cheers
am sorry for the insult too,no matter what,we can't justify their running,knowing fully well the danger they pose to the society.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by kaima1984(f): 10:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Education in my dear country is not a SCAM plsssssss,Do u kw why dey were running? have u ask your self DAT?believe u me my dear,if u are in der position u will definitely disappear,dey are not running away from treatment BT d wicked disease DAT took away der dearest one
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi:
Sorry to say this,the person who told me is a doctor. Met him in a restaurant when we had this discussion in Owerri. I'm not saying second hand stories. Doctors are on strike but some of them are still seen in the hospital premises . The truth is that doctors ran away. Stop blaming health care workers,even though they also avoided the patients too.
Lol!

It does not matter who told you, doctors are not even at work so how could they have run away.?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by PresidentAde(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2014
Modified

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pain During Sex / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.