Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund (23185 Views)

GEJ Would Have Looted Nigeria Out Of World Map - OBJ / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For New Delhi, India (pics) / Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Tundeiab(m): 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
ceaser:

Pause to think if the American leaders and politicians are not patriotic. They are and that is why things work there. This in turn motivates the citizens to love their country that is ready to take care of them and protect them.

But what do you have in Nigeria? Your leaders try everything possible to show that they care less about the citizens. So where is the motivation? Why are many of our soldiers absconding and abandoning their posts? Why has mutiny taken a seat next to our once respected, ECOMOG-strength armed forces? The answers to these are so obvious. Corruption! The trillions budgeted for equipment and weapons get channelled into few pockets.
just watch and see Nigeria and Africa as a whole will become the envy of the whole world. I can bet on the fact that America and the other world super powers had their challenges during their early years of independence. America that you are comparing with Naija has come a long way many years after their independence. If Americans had giving up on their country then during their trying times they won't be where they are today.

Na only bastard dey talk say him mama soup no sweet.
ONE LOVE BRO.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by michaelebuka: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
davitogreat:

Your just typing nonsense. My comment had nothing to do with feelings. Or licking ass.

It's all about facts. If the Americans see it fit to share defense funds with Uganda, ghana and Rwanda. ( countries with very questionable corrupt/shady governments and institutions)

Uganda- very corrupt. Government has history of abuse. Also history of using child soldiers.
Ghana- very corrupt and is a poster boy on how NOT to run your economy
Rwanda- though Rwanda has made great improvements economically Kagames government has also been very oppressive towards opposition and anyone who speaks ill of his government. Has played a role in assassinating journalists and opposition members in Rwanda and even outside the country.
Plus lets not forget rwanda and uganda have been caught assisting rebels who are destabilizing the congo.

So with all that What makes it right to skip Nigeria? Jonathan with all his faults is not as bad as the leaders of these countries.

nigeria is one of the worlds leading peace keeping nations and a country that does and has done a lot for Africa. So it's logical to work closely with such a country if one is looking to further peace in Africa.

No vex, have you been to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by EkoIle1: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Truckpusher: Every country is borrowing Mr dumbo undecided

Who says they don't?

Can't read and comprehend illiterate.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by patrickmuf(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
9jalyte:

My dear, how do you differentiate propaganda and truth. If it is propaganda, good. Maybe that is what we need now - countering the bad news to save our name, and what is wrong in doing that. Let me take you on a little ride, I want you to open your mind and forget what ever you believed. Just go and do a little research on how countries use propaganda, and the tools they use in their propaganda.

Do you know the story of USA and Vietnam war? It is acclaimed to be the worst military outing the American ventured. Over the years, they have been battling to wipe that sorry image and ugly history of theirs. Now check American movies and Best seller books, go and read or see the movies made over the years and notice how they always try to reconstruct the fact by project elements of gallant performance in Vietnam. You will see an actor making comments like " I fought in Vietnam and made my Country proud, if you give me another chance, I will do it again". These kind of comments and imagery are consistently repeated in movies and books from the 80s till date. They try to graft into the mind of the world that they are heroes and many people see them in that light. In same way, if they want to make the world see any other country in bad light, they use same tools to operate. If I ask you, what is your idea of how Iraq is, I bet you will see it in the views of CNN. same way, if you ask one from Germany how Nigeria is, you sure will know what will be in their minds.
There is nothing like fellowship in international politics. Every country wants to outshine the other and they use every arsenal to achieve that. Why is CNN and BBC focusing on outside world and not their home countries, what is their aim. They have to keep defining the world for the world. Everybody must believe that theirs is the best and their actions are justified.
So, call it what ever you like, fine. The truth is that we do not understand the power of the media, in all the forms - music, movie, novels etc. we have been manipulated for so long that we do not own a mind of our own again, otherwise why would you be asking me such question, why
our people - even the educated class - been asking for support from every nation. We have lost it! We need to go back again and reconstruct our canons. Do you know why oyibos make cartoons like superman, spiderman etc for their little ones? those are the tools used to instil in them the spirit of being champions, of being patriotic and heroic. They grow up believing in them selves as heroes. on the contrary, we are continually bombarded with messages of how miserable we are, how the worst place to be born is Nigeria, how our life expectancy is 40 years. every time, one bad news or the other. That is psychological warfare. Now what is the effect - exactly what you are noticing in Nairaland now. You will read comments of souls infested with bitterness and hopelessness. you observe comments of people who have no single atom of patriotism in them.
My dear, no true child of a woman abandons his/her mother because she has epilepsy, or goes about telling her neighbors that her mother is useless, she can not cook well like other women. A word is enough for those who have brain to reason.
I have noticed that those who are quick to respond in criticizing Nigeria are those leaving abroad. Right now, I am studying abroad, and I know how many times I have engaged who ever into debates to defend Nigeria, and I have earned more respect than those who come here and behave like abandoned children. WE ARE AMONG THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD AND THE WORLD KNOW IT, THAT'S WHY THE WILL NEVER BE WILLING TO LET YOU DISCOVER YOUR STRENGTH. Thank God it is not for them to say, it is left for us to show.

Boss forget the media, i'm old enough to make deductions on my own...One thing we all agree about is the fact that its good we're not gonna benefit from the financial assistance coming from the Americans either because of our corrupt public officials, our economic strength with puts in good steed to do without foreign aides or cos we don't want to be tools for the Americans quest to dominate and rule over our continent...
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by musiwa93: 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
xx
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by daveP(m): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
So Obama is feeling like he's proved a point ba? He's probably holding his head high and stupidly also cos he comes Africa and keeps showing he knows absolutely NOTHING on how to deal with this Continent. When d downfall comes, rem Naija will be shinning teeth in Mockery.

Even if we're d blackest kettle, is that enough to sidetrack our contribution to peacekeeping in this Continent? Lets see where his revenge plan for that leads him.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
smackimorn: I think it's because of the Gay shiit
Dem dn dey sanction us with style

Lubbish!
u mayb right
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by 9japatroit(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
9jalyte:

My dear, how do you differentiate propaganda and truth. If it is propaganda, good. Maybe that is what we need now - countering the bad news to save our name, and what is wrong in doing that. Let me take you on a little ride, I want you to open your mind and forget what ever you believed. Just go and do a little research on how countries use propaganda, and the tools they use in their propaganda.

Do you know the story of USA and Vietnam war? It is acclaimed to be the worst military outing the American ventured. Over the years, they have been battling to wipe that sorry image and ugly history of theirs. Now check American movies and Best seller books, go and read or see the movies made over the years and notice how they always try to reconstruct the fact by project elements of gallant performance in Vietnam. You will see an actor making comments like " I fought in Vietnam and made my Country proud, if you give me another chance, I will do it again". These kind of comments and imagery are consistently repeated in movies and books from the 80s till date. They try to graft into the mind of the world that they are heroes and many people see them in that light. In same way, if they want to make the world see any other country in bad light, they use same tools to operate. If I ask you, what is your idea of how Iraq is, I bet you will see it in the views of CNN. same way, if you ask one from Germany how Nigeria is, you sure will know what will be in their minds.
There is nothing like fellowship in international politics. Every country wants to outshine the other and they use every arsenal to achieve that. Why is CNN and BBC focusing on outside world and not their home countries, what is their aim. They have to keep defining the world for the world. Everybody must believe that theirs is the best and their actions are justified.
So, call it what ever you like, fine. The truth is that we do not understand the power of the media, in all the forms - music, movie, novels etc. we have been manipulated for so long that we do not own a mind of our own again, otherwise why would you be asking me such question, why
our people - even the educated class - been asking for support from every nation. We have lost it! We need to go back again and reconstruct our canons. Do you know why oyibos make cartoons like superman, spiderman etc for their little ones? those are the tools used to instil in them the spirit of being champions, of being patriotic and heroic. They grow up believing in them selves as heroes. on the contrary, we are continually bombarded with messages of how miserable we are, how the worst place to be born is Nigeria, how our life expectancy is 40 years. every time, one bad news or the other. That is psychological warfare. Now what is the effect - exactly what you are noticing in Nairaland now. You will read comments of souls infested with bitterness and hopelessness. you observe comments of people who have no single atom of patriotism in them.
My dear, no true child of a woman abandons his/her mother because she has epilepsy, or goes about telling her neighbors that her mother is useless, she can not cook well like other women. A word is enough for those who have brain to reason.
I have noticed that those who are quick to respond in criticizing Nigeria are those leaving abroad. Right now, I am studying abroad, and I know how many times I have engaged who ever into debates to defend Nigeria, and I have earned more respect than those who come here and behave like abandoned children. WE ARE AMONG THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD AND THE WORLD KNOW IT, THAT'S WHY THE WILL NEVER BE WILLING TO LET YOU DISCOVER YOUR STRENGTH. Thank God it is not for them to say, it is left for us to show.

1million likes for.Infact bros,na person born you oo.
Re: Obama Leaves Nigeria Out Of $110m Peacekeeping Fund by NobleG1(m): 3:30pm On May 25, 2015
Why should anyone be surprised? Nigeria is rogue State! It's a well known fact that U.S. don't support rogue states militarily.

Nigeria is where you'll see massive corruption perpetrated by politicians, lack of human right and rule of law.

Nigeria is indeed a failed State.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / Amnesty To FG: Suspension Of Twitter Unlawful, Reverse It Immediately / Open Letter: Obasanjo An Egomaniac, Says Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.