Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI (90159 Views)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Picture Of Prostrating Building At Oba Akran Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
HOTARIO:
Good work. How many trips of filling sand is projected for this filling, going by 20tons per trip.
14 trips
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Over site reinforcement

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
Update : over site reinforcement
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
segcymoor:

14 trips

Okay, please what is the length and breadth of the building? For the height I want to assume 90 cm i.e 3 planks.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
good work bosss. gradually getting there
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
fem30:

Okay, please what is the length and breadth of the building? For the height I want to assume 90 cm i.e 3 planks.
Length:26m, Breadth:9.9m and the height:1.2m
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
segcymoor:

Nice! Many tanx for prompt response.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by DRealGeesam(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
segcymoor:

You are my mentor in the property section. Love how you lay everything bare and I'm following in ur steps.
Keep the flag of integrity flying sir.

Cant wait for the next update. The filling seems to be taking forever lol. Some of us just cant wait cheesy. In so eager for the next stage to start

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by rakumiii(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2014
@segcymoor...... I love the work you are doing here and it is very obvious you chose safety first regardless of the implications of cost. I already read through this thread but still have some simple questions since I know nothing about construction.

- Why did you chose to do all that work inside the knee high water depth? Why didn't you sand fill the whole area first?
- And also in the course of doing the Piling you were sand filling only certain areas. Why?
- How many loads of sand filling material have you use till date using 20ton load as an example? It looks like the whole area has been filled somehow.

Most importantly what type of soil did you use for sand filling and why?

Please I am a novice and just trying to understand different techniques of construction. Thanks
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
rakumiii:
@segcymoor...... I love the work you are doing here and it is very obvious you chose safety first regardless of the implications of cost. I already read through this thread but still have some simple questions since I know nothing about construction.
- Why did you chose to do all that work inside the knee high water depth? Why didn't you sand fill the whole area first?
- And also in the course of doing the Piling you were sand filling only certain areas. Why?
- How many loads of sand filling material have you use till date using 20ton load as an example? It looks like the whole area has been filled somehow.
Most importantly what type of soil did you use for sand filling and why?
Please I am a novice and just trying to understand different techniques of construction. Thanks
In the first place, what really matters is the soil underneath. The texture of the top soil is muddy (2m depth before sharp sand)hence may not be safe even when sand filled.
It may then required to evacuate all those mud prior to filling but that may be combursome.
As a matter of fact, in situation like this it is not advisable to assume or taking risk. We conducted soil test and better option was adopted
So far about 25 filling (full 20tons) of filling has been used so far including the one for main foundation
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Update : Surface treatment and reinforcement work in progress!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by pmil(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Give us pics ke....oga at the top!
segcymoor:
Update : Surface treatment and reinforcement work in progress!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Reinforcement work in progress!

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
weldone boss
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:42am On Nov 25, 2014
segcymoor:
Reinforcement work in progress!

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2014
We set for over site conctrete casting.
Update shortly

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by seedgie(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
nice work sagcymoor
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
In the process

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Update : Block work in progress!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
segcymoor:
Update : Block work in progress!

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
Block work.

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Block work in progress!

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by smallsmall: 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
Segcymoore, well done. I am happy seeing the building spring to life.

I have one question to ask:

Is it not possible to reduce the total weight of a (this) house by:

a) using 6" blocks as "divider" in-between outer 9" walls?

b) use lighter Red Bricks, in place of the 9" Blocks?

c.) Have the building use a lot of "Glass" in place of brick walls, (in those places where this is possible)?

d) I have seen where Red Bricks were used along (mixed in) the decking process (instead of using full concrete mix) but l dont actually understand the "science" behind this method. Can you explain to us please ... and thank you in advance.

What are the Pros and Cons?
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
smallsmall:
Segcymoore, well done. I am happy seeing the building spring to life.
I have one question to ask:
Is it not possible to reduce the total weight of a (this) house by:
a) using 6" blocks as "divider" in-between outer 9" walls?
b) use lighter Red Bricks, in place of the 9" Blocks?
c.) Have the building use a lot of "Glass" in place of brick walls, (in those places where this is possible)?
d) I have seen where Red Bricks were used along (mixed in) the decking process (instead of using full concrete mix) but l dont actually understand the "science" behind this method. Can you explain to us please ... and thank you in advance.
What are the Pros and Cons?
In the first place, all ur ideas of reducing weight is possible and accepted with the expectations of bricks because some brick does ve much weight even than block.

The idea of using brick methods in order to reduce weight is possible but not economical because bricks is quite expensive. Besides, not everyone knows how to prepare suspended slab using this method.
I have seen where this is done but used blocks in lieu of bricks. ....behold the building collapse during roofing
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by smallsmall: 10:36am On Dec 02, 2014
segcymoor:

In the first place, all ur ideas of reducing weight is possible and accepted with the expectations of bricks because some brick does ve much weight even than block.

The idea of using brick methods in order to reduce weight is possible but not economical because bricks is quite expensive. Besides, not everyone knows how to prepare suspended slab using this method.
I have seen where this is done but used blocks in lieu of bricks. ....behold the building collapse during roofing

I dont understand the above?

Are you saying that Bricks was used instead of Blocks ... and this caused the collapse of the building?
Or Blocks was used instead of Bricks .... and this caused the collapse of the building?

There are lots of building highrise projects around Lekki/Ajah/V.I. axis being undertaken by prominent building Construction Companies (Like Pearse Construction Coy) and they use these red bricks in-part, in making their deckings.
Some of these building have been completed without any problem at all. I have been watching this trend of mixing red brick with concrete in making a decking but dont understand the "technology behind it.

Can anyone with adequate knowledge of modern building technique, chip-in their own experience, to shed more light on this method?

I am not questioning your own building here, l am speaking generally.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
Block being used in lieu of bricks. And that caused collapse of structure.

Yes. Red Bricks used is good techniques for reducing load but quite expensive and technicaly involved.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
....in progress!

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
segcymoor:
Block being used in lieu of bricks. And that caused collapse of structure.
Yes. Red Bricks used is good techniques for reducing load but quite expensive and technicaly involved.
Meanwhile, to the point of correction it's clay being used for slab and not red brick
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Columns and Lintel formwork

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 04, 2014
The blocks look very strong. Did you mould and vibrate on site or did you buy? Which is better between buying the moulded ones or moulding your own?
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
fem30:
The blocks look very strong. Did you mould and vibrate on site or did you buy? Which is better between buying the moulded ones or moulding your own?
Surprised ! Tell me, how do you detect strongest of blocks by mere pictures. Anyway, it's being mould for while.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
Block work in progress!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Reply)

Nigerchin, Kabelmetal And Coleman Cables, / Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) / Architectural Design At It Best (smart Homese)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.