Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why Are You An Atheist? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You An Atheist? (14527 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by frank317: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

This pikin won make my basket open mouth.

* in fela voice, I just dey look and laughu.

Gods. . . . .

1 Kings 20:23

Youngs Literal Bible

And the servants of the king of Aram said unto him, `Gods of hills [are] their gods, therefore they were stronger than we; and yet, we fight with them in the plain -- are we not stronger than they?

I admit I have poor sentence construct.

Now go and tell those that compile Youngs Literal Bible have problem with english.

Or better still start a campaign for destruction of that bible.

Guy no time for christian. . . . . .

To one side ls

I wonder why you chose to avoid my first reply to this very post and respond to the second.

Besides I nevver said you have poor sentence construct, I said you were only prettending by typing all God instead of all Gods or a God.

The biblical verse you posted up there has nothing to do with what is typed. I don't know why you quoted it.
Reply to my first response then you can come back and understand what I mean by d second one u chose to respond to.
If atheists don't believe in all the religions GodS which one do you want them to define?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by hungryboy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi: The most funny thing abt this dumb peeps refering to themselves as atheist, none of them is a born atheist. It either their faith got shaken by circumstances or they tries to turn God to atm which ended up into naught for them, this kinda dude would start claiming atheist. Trash!
Just shut up already

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by UrbanMystique: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Why are you guys wasting your time debating folykaze?
The dude is neither here nor there.
He talks like a pagan today and a pantheist tomorrow.
I just think the guy need to take a break and define what he really is cos he is the most confused person have seen on nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
UrbanMystique: Why are you guys wasting your time debating folykaze?
The dude is neither here nor there.
He talks like a pagan today and a pantheist tomorrow.
I just think the guy need to take a break and define what he really is cos he is the most confused person have seen on nairaland.

Thanks for giving me the name. . . . .Abamieda.

Guy, paganism especially that of Yoruba spirituality is Naturalistic pantheism.

So you see where I come from and to panthiesm?

In essence, I am at the moment a spiritual atheist.

Google what that mean.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
frank317:

I wonder why you chose to avoid my first reply to this very post and respond to the second.

Besides I nevver said you have poor sentence construct, I said you were only prettending by typing all God instead of all Gods or a God.

The biblical verse you posted up there has nothing to do with what is typed. I don't know why you quoted it.
Reply to my first response then you can come back and understand what I mean by d second one u chose to respond to.
If atheists don't believe in all the religions GodS which one do you want them to define?

Oh sorry man. I mistook you for that christian dude.

I thought you mean I got it wrong when I use the Gods meaning I should have use gods and not Gods.

I dont think you get me. Atheism is not making any sense. I think you would seen this base on the my previous post where I brought out different definition and application of God.

I know the reason why atheist have been dodging my post. . . .I would have striked but I want them to make happen fast. Here is the flaws I find in the past which still resurface;

1. Atheism is the disbelieve in God/gods/deity (of all conceptions). If this be the case, you cannot disbelieve in the existence of some God/gods (adored, influencial or admired person including Fela. . . .Abami Eda) or Gods (gallery in theatre). When someone claim he disbelieve in those God in bracket, such person brain should be checked.

2. When disbelieve in those God/gods are cut out, then there is no more atheism. Just like believing christian God and disbelieving in Islamic God doesnt make someone an atheist. So when they believe in one God (influencial person) and disbelieve in other God (Yahweh or Allah) then they are no more atheist.

I hope you my get my drift?

Sorry I cant attend to all those that mention me. . . .

She needs most of my time abeg.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by qstar(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:
She needs most of my time abeg.

Lol.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol.....everyone is showing you your ignorance but you just keep going...

That we cant WORSHIP human like us?

Oh you think worship is bowing down in the church and mosque?

I dont care about people, it is me. . . .someone, everyone and no one
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

That we cant WORSHIP human like us?

Oh you think worship is bowing down in the church and mosque?

I dont care about people, it is me. . . .someone, everyone and no one

See what using weed in everyday pagan rituals has done to your brain?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by bolaino(m): 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Hitler was crazy
my point exactly. Lol, but I bet you if he weren't crazy you wouldn't be hearing his name today, we all need some amount of "crazy" from time to time, you need to try it. Have some crazy on me, come on, lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
frank317:

If anyone tells me that God is a man or stone, I will simply tell him that I don’t believe that God is a man or twins or fela and move on. But the fact still remains that if we have always been exposed to the fact that human is god in Nigeria, I don’t think there would have been any need for this argument.

Maybe you are not a Nigerian or live here so lot of things would be alien to you. But let me educate you man. . . .God could mean ones mouth. Lol

But I understand that this greek God is known even if you live on planet Mars. This is Mother Earth (Yoruba call it Orisha Iyale) which is a goddess but in reality is Nature.

If an atheist disbelieve in existence of Goddess Mother earth, will they disbelieve in the existence of Nature?

Fine and fine. . . . .you can never tell me Mother Earth is not a goddess.

Now you should know who is silly.

Lol

frank317: Your argument is silly in the sense that you chose to play ignorant of what any atheist mean by God, hence you asking him to give you a description.

I have given you guys what God could mean and it applications.

Why cany you make effort and answer my questions?

What conception of God do you disbelieve in?

Do you disbelieve in the existence of God (influencial person)?

Or maybe you think I cooked that definition up, God is defined as Influencial, admired and adored person here http://www.google.com/search?q=god%20definition/

so as an atheist, do you disbelieve in God (influencial man)?

This is simple question.

frank317: An atheist is interested in the general belive of God which sees him as a spiritual all powerful being who created the world, who can talk, get angry, get jealous, kills, be happy, punishes and rewards.

Atheist are then silly people.

God are sometime personified. . . . .in Yoruba spirituality, I made an argument showing Yemoja is an Icy comet and nothing more. Does this mean Icy comet talks, walks and have human attributes?

Where do you keep personification? Oppoutunity knocks at my door. . . .it is stuupidity for atheist to look for opportunity that has hand and knocks at the door. Same thing applies to God.

Where do you keep metaphor, allegory and symbolism?

If you are looking for a God that talk, walk and eat. . . .keep watching movie. You will find them.

frank317: No one gives a hoot about some people who believe that God is energy or stone or twins so don’t bring that up.

A worshipper of God. . . .

Check my sig. . . .those better than you are fall.

I dont have the time. You worship God. . . .take that from me.

frank317: Beside if you came to convince me that God is man or twins, wouldn't you give me a reason you believ so? How can you tell me God is man when I know man cannot create the world. I am stiil yet to know what u want.

Took much disney film is disturbing you man. So for something to be God, he/she must create earth or a planet?

Chech the definition of God again http://www.google.com/search?q=god%20definition/

hangover

goodnight.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by bolaino(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Atheists, the bane of Existence, my Gosh. You guys are something else, but after all is said and done Atheists are among the most interesting people on earth,
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

See what using weed in everyday pagan rituals has done to your brain?

Guy, if you dont know that you worship people, money or country, you are on a long thing.

And Goodnight. . .gsy
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Karleb(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

wrong syllogism.

1. For everything there is a cause
2. For every cause there is a cause (cause causer) if you continue this way there must be an uncaused cause where all other cause comer from
3. The uncausd cause is God.

@ 2.

I think there was a cause that actually caused God, but for one reason or the other he do not want us to find out.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Karleb:

@ 2.

I think there was a cause that actually caused God, but for one reason or the other he do not want us to find out.

self deceit is worrying you. Get well soon
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Fynestboi: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
UrbanMystique: What exactly is this Bullsh.it? undecided you need to go to bed

its hard for you to undastand ba?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Karleb(m): 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
Fynestboi:

self deceit is worrying you. Get well soon

That awkward moment when someone believes everybody on this thread is an atheist.

What baffles me most is why most religion is not based on rational thinking, and when you ask them questions all they say is that he's existence/ lordship is beyond human comprehension.

OK.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by wiegraf: 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
an 'atheist' asserting there is/are gods, then calling others confused...

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Weah96: 5:13am On Aug 16, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

1. Atheism is the disbelieve in God/gods/deity (of all conceptions).

You're wrong. It can't possibly be ALL CONCEPTIONS of God. God could be the big bang, or the primordial soup from which the universe sprang into existence. And the definition could remain at that, no messages, books, visions, or prayers required.
God could also be the female goodies. If atheists will ever believe in a God, that moment will come when we're stroking the p)ssy. P)ussy is the best evidence available for God, btw, and no pastor has ever brought it up in defense.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2014
Weah96:

You're wrong. It can't possibly be ALL CONCEPTIONS of God. God could be the big bang, or the primordial soup from which the universe sprang into existence. And the definition could remain at that, no messages, books, visions, or prayers required.
God could also be the female goodies. If atheists will ever believe in a God, that moment will come when we're stroking the p)ssy. P)ussy is the best evidence available for God, btw, and no pastor has ever brought it up in defense.

Guy quote me when you have something resonable to comment.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2014
wiegraf: an 'atheist' asserting there is/are gods, then calling others confused...

Hey Morning.

I think I am not the one one that defined god as adored, admired and influencial person?

And then can a 'militant atheist' disbelieve in the existence of god (influencial person eg Fela)?

Why cant you atheist provide answer to this?
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by Weah96: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Guy quote me when you have something resonable to comment.

I don't like blanket statements. You made a blanket statement.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
mazaje:

This man you no go rest?. . .You don come again abi?. . .You've derailed the thread, enough already abeg. . .You are just claiming ignorance, you have been given the standard theistic/monotheistic definition of god, you refused to accept it and insist that the pantheistic definition is the true definition. . .What do you want na brother? abeg enough. . .

No you got me wrong mister. And this is the reason we got no where. Right I understand this thread is specific for (material) atheist and many would rather turn blind for being spiritual atheist instead of reasoning along with me. I am not here to start debate or engage in endless discussion. Also not here to derail. . . .and if I did, accept my apology pls. So we are man enough to reason with ourselves.

Considering what you have there, I didnt say anywhere theistic/monotheistic definition is wrong or false. Neither did I say the deistic definition you brought here is wrong too. I havent on this thread said panthiesm definition is correct more than others. One of my point is atheism covers ALL conception of God.

In one conception, God is define as Adored, admired or influencial person. So to speak, will an atheist likely say this influencial person in conceptual form of God does not exist?

Let me put it clearer, will an atheist disbelieve in the existence of God (influencial person)?

Going by the case you have up there, are you specifically saying atheism is disbelieve ONLY in monotheistic God? What happens to poytheistic God, pantheistic and other theistic Gods?

I hope you understand me now and would appreciate your answers to those questions.

Thanks
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

No you got me wrong mister. And this is the reason we got no where. Right I understand this thread is specific for (material) atheist and many would rather turn blind for being spiritual atheist instead of reasoning along with me. I am not here to start debate or engage in endless discussion. Also not here to derail. . . .and if I did, accept my apology pls. So we are man enough to reason with ourselves.

Considering what you have there, I didnt say anywhere theistic/monotheistic definition is wrong or false. Neither did I say the deistic definition you brought here is wrong too. I havent on this thread said panthiesm definition is correct more than others. One of my point is atheism covers ALL conception of God.

In one conception, God is define as Adored, admired or influencial person. So to speak, will an atheist likely say this influencial person in conceptual form of God does not exist?

Let me put it clearer, will an atheist disbelieve in the existence of God (influencial person)?

Going by the case you have up there, are you specifically saying atheism is disbelieve ONLY in monotheistic God? What happens to poytheistic God, pantheistic and other theistic Gods?

I hope you understand me now and would appreciate your answers to those questions.

Thanks

Let me be clear, by god I am specifically referring to the god of mnotheism as a former believer in the monotheistic god, which most atheist here are I believe because most of us were either christians or muslims, that is the concept of god i was talking about. . .Majority of the people here are theist(monotheist to be specific).

Atheism has no place in pantheism, it makes no sense since according to to pantheism the universe or man can be god. . .Atheism can only work against theism(poly and monotheism) or deism. . .Pantheism believes that all that exist is god so atheism can not be against that. . .I just do not support you when you forcefully try to claim that a monotheistic religion like christianity supports your pantheism. . .its NOT true. You know that very well. . .You also know that I am talking specifically about the monotheistic god, i gave you the general and standard definition which you refused to accept and claimed i made it up. . .Atheism can not be against all god concepts. in pantheism atheism makes no sense. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by EyesWideOpen(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Great grandparents were pagans. Grandma agnostic

Guy is an unrelenting f00l, pls do well to ignore him and his likes, it is exasperating reading the ignorance they spew in the guise of well thought opinions, and their foolish pride, and redundant strong-headedness won't let them accept that they're wrong.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
EyesWideOpen:

Guy is an unrelenting f00l, pls do well to ignore him and his likes, it is exasperating reading the ignorance they spew in the guise of well thought opinions, and their foolish pride, and redundant strong-headedness won't let them accept that they're wrong.

hehe.

I was wondering why the guy was pained
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
mazaje:

Let me be clear, by god I am specifically referring to the god of mnotheism as a former believer in the monotheistic god, which most atheist here are I believe because most of us were either christians or muslims, that is the concept of god i was talking about. . .Majority of the people here are theist(monotheist to be specific).

Atheism has no place in pantheism, it makes no sense since according to to pantheism the universe or man can be god. . Atheism can only work against theism(poly and monotheism) or deism. . .Pantheism believes that all that exist is god so atheism can not be against that. . .I just do not support you when you forcefully try to claim that a monotheistic religion like christianity supports your pantheism. . .its NOT true. You know that very well. . .You also know that I am talking specifically about the monotheistic god, i gave you the general and standard definition which you refused to accept and claimed i made it up. . .Atheism can not be against all god concepts. in pantheism atheism makes no sense. . .

The bold is actually what I wanted to pick out.

And can we conclude definition of atheism should be disbelieve in monothiestic and deistic concept of God/gods with the exception of polytheistic, pantheistic, Animism, Autotheism, Pandeism, or Panentheism conception of God/god ?? (the one milla question lol)

From my observation, most claiming to be an atheist here are anti-theism and anti- (organise) religion group, dystheist or maltheist. This is the reason why I said most of them are confused.

And again, like muskeeto would say, disbelieve in christian or muslim God does not make one an atheist. No need bringing another fight pls. . . .I will let this slide.

Many things are not adding up with what atheism stand for. I very sure you know this and pls just tighten it to your belt, I go tie you down with that in another time.

Not to derail, enjoy man.
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

And can we conclude definition of atheism should be disbelieve in monothiestic and deistic concept of God/gods with the exception of polytheistic, pantheistic, Animism, Autotheism, Pandeism, or Panentheism conception of God/god ?? (the one milla question lol)

From my observation, most claiming to be an atheist here are anti-theism and anti- (organise) religion group, dystheist or maltheist. This is the reason why I said most of them are confused.

And again, like muskeeto would say, disbelieve in christian or muslim God does not make one an atheist. No need bringing another fight pls. . . .I will let this slide.

Many things are not adding up with what atheism stand for. I agree you know this and would tighten to your belt, I go tie you down with that.

My guy, sharrap!

There is no God whether pantheist or theist God.

Be throwing nonsense terms up and down...mtchew

1 Like

Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

My guy, sharrap!

There is no God whether pantheist or theist God.

Be throwing nonsense terms up and down...mtchew

Lol

Mazaje, Plaetton and Apatheist are wiser than you are.

Row row row your boat abeg
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Lol

Mazaje, Plaetton and Apatheist are wiser than you are.

Row row row your boat abeg

Kai,

see as follykaze brush me aside.....
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Many things are not adding up with what atheism stand for. I very sure you know this and pls just tighten it to your belt, I go tie you down with that in another time.

Just to make it clear, atheism is against theism not pantheism. . .Pantheism and theism are not the same(you wrongly assume they are the same). . .atheism has nothing against pantheism but theism. . .You seem to be the one that is confused bro. . .
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by TheBigUrban2: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
Funny enough, no one can truly define pantheism.....I googled the sheit for more light and I am still confused.

Pantheism is a crock of crap...claiming that the universe or consciousness is God....it then branches into either being a personal or impersonal God.

Nonsense. Pantheists are confused
Re: Why Are You An Atheist? by mazaje(m): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Funny enough, no one can truly define pantheism.....I googled the sheit for more light and I am still confused.

Pantheism is a crock of crap...claiming that the universe or consciousness is God....it then branches into either being a personal or impersonal God.

Nonsense. Pantheists are confused

Our brother keeps shouting that energy is god. . God as in what?. . .What do they mean by consciousness is god?. . .What is god to the pantheist?. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt / Help Me Calculate My Tithe / Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.